Misosoup247 or Flashlight237

Post here for things completely unrelated to Helmet Heroes.

Misosoup247
63%
FLASHLIGHT237
37%

Total votes : 46

Postby Dr.Rahazar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:55 pm

i need to know your oppinions
Last edited by Dr.Rahazar on Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
Spoiler: show
Get Premium to view this message! Only $9.99!
Dr.Rahazar

Re: who is better i need to know to many ask this question

Postby Flashlight237 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:41 am

Also, maybe change the thread title to something more enticing like "Misosoup247 or Flashlight237."
Flashlight237

Postby Mariofan1 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:23 am

I'm going to say Miso since his ideas have actually been implemented in Helmet Heroes

no offence flashlight didnt mean to sound savage...
Mariofan1

Postby Flashlight237 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:35 am

Mariofan1 wrote:I'm going to say Miso since his ideas have actually been implemented in Helmet Heroes

That isn't supposed to be a reason to say one's art is better than the other. In fact, it's kind of a shallow reasoning. You gotta actually, you know, consider all of the other aspects as to what makes art art.

Trust me, as someone who used DeviantART for years, I've seen many instances where fanworks are better than official material.
Flashlight237

Re: Misosoup247 or Flashlight237

Postby Andreyiy1 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:05 pm

100% Miso
Sorry Flashlight, but even you know Miso is greater. No offense of course. Flashlight have lots of good ideas too, but personally I prefer Miso xD
Last edited by Andreyiy1 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andreyiy1

Postby None » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Gonna say Flashlight, because he has ideas, and is really helpful at explaining things. Miso was more of a draw and youtube thing.
IGN: TorchReignited Discord: None #4420
#DetectiveSquad Buying Power/Range books and shinies 40k each
I don't want to run away, from my destiny.
None

Postby Archiac Pro » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Flashlight :) is da best.
We fight, some perish. We win. IMPERIAL GUARD
Archiac Pro

Postby lord_games » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:16 pm

i honestly dont care since i never really saw any of miso's work so ill say flashlight
Spoiler: show
psst i know de wea
lord_games

Postby _D_E_A_D_A_S_S_ » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:50 pm

Why tf are people upvoting lightbulb, Miso is literally the person that made the bouncer hat and the thread about stackable items.
_D_E_A_D_A_S_S_

Postby Flashlight237 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:55 pm

_D_E_A_D_A_S_S_ wrote:Why tf are people upvoting lightbulb, Miso is literally the person that made the bouncer hat and the thread about stackable items.

You do realize that people repeat that second part to death, right? It's basically beating a dead horse.
Flashlight237

Postby Mariofan1 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:That isn't supposed to be a reason to say one's art is better than the other. In fact, it's kind of a shallow reasoning. You gotta actually, you know, consider all of the other aspects as to what makes art art.

Trust me, as someone who used DeviantART for years, I've seen many instances where fanworks are better than official material.

In that case, I would say Miso because his ideas have been been implemented into the game, whether that would be in 2014 to 2017, and possibly in the future of 2018 and beyond. Miso's potential has been seen to outclass yours, and if we are to compare art work, although the matter is subjective to a person, I would value Miso's creations over yours due to the detail in them.

Your approach, at least, this is from my perspective, is for a more simplistic touch since there is not a lot of shading. Although that aligns with Helmet Heroes' art theme, that doesn't determine who is the better artist overall.

However, Miso's art style is similar to your simplistic style, meaning he can both put in-depth detail and simplistic ideals in an image and pass it off as good, where is yours is simplistic and good.

Just for reference, I don't mean "simplistic" as basic
Mariofan1

Postby Flashlight237 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:48 pm

Mariofan1 wrote:
Flashlight237 wrote:That isn't supposed to be a reason to say one's art is better than the other. In fact, it's kind of a shallow reasoning. You gotta actually, you know, consider all of the other aspects as to what makes art art.

In that case, I would say Miso because his ideas have been been implemented into the game, whether that would be in 2014 to 2017, and possibly in the future of 2018 and beyond. Miso's potential has been seen to outclass yours, and if we are to compare art work, although the matter is subjective to a person, I would value Miso's creations over yours due to the detail in them.

Your approach, at least, this is from my perspective, is for a more simplistic touch since there is not a lot of shading. Although that aligns with Helmet Heroes' art theme, that doesn't determine who is the better artist overall.

However, Miso's art style is similar to your simplistic style, meaning he can both put in-depth detail and simplistic ideals in an image and pass it off as good, whereas yours is simplistic and good.

Just for reference, I don't mean "simplistic" as basic

Reading over this, I feel it's a more fair argument now that more thought was actually put into it. Of course, in my defense, I've worked with a slightly more complex, if niche, style.: https://img00.deviantart.net/710b/i/201 ... bullvk.png
https://img00.deviantart.net/021a/i/201 ... aq0ain.png
https://orig00.deviantart.net/0727/f/20 ... 8k3me5.png
https://img00.deviantart.net/eec6/i/201 ... 7f795z.png

While there are improvements over the years, I've had a reputation for drawing Total Drama "as if they were actually on the show" even back in 2014. To be frank, only reason why I ever voted for myself was because of my history; if you couldn't tell from my two-buttons meme, it was rather hard even for myself to actually compare both my art and his due to how close they were. I guess I had a better idea on where to shade, though that might be purely because I had to determine where I want the light source to be and stuck with simplistic shading. Granted, I'd say half of the art in the game is his (personal guess; can be more or less), but I personally hoped Miso WASN'T the designer of the Fishurn (no offense in case anyone gets the wrong idea), because that is basically the worst monster design in the game (I mean look at it: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/hel ... 0722065008 ).

To be fair, though, I have sincere doubts Miso would have any further involvement in "2018 and beyond" because he doesn't play the game anymore.
Flashlight237

Postby ArianaGrande143 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:23 am

I'd rather chose MisoSoup247. He is just inactive. His excellent ideas isn't added in the game yet just like his 1 suggestion is the item inventory. Flashlight is active so that's why it looks like he is the only one are the best ideas and artworks. And no, they are also bunch of the other people whose have an amazing ideas or suggestions and their artworks too. Maybe, i wish i can chose both of them. Flashlight and Miso. They are both have an amazing or excellent ideas and artworks, and their suggestions too. Miso is just a very inactive. And flashlight isn't. So yeah. It's not as easy to choose 1. I want to choose both of them. It's my own opinion. They are both great and talented. We all know that Miso is the most famous and popular guy of the whole HH. Before since 2014-2015-2016.. Lots of players wanted to join on Miso's youtube video, by nearing him and following him. And me too. I was getting lag and suddenly getting disconnected, it's because of the 100+ players in 1 area lol. And now. What if flashlight would be out of his ideas very sooner just like miso? Yes. It is. It's possible. Just like robby, too. Before since the 2012. It was HH beta right? And robby has a lots of ideas, really creativity mind, and omgggg his body and hands shaking it's because of his excitement it's because he has a lots of ideas. And he'll release it at 2013. And robby has much more ideas at 2014 and 2015. And 2016. And the 2017 thing. Robby's ideas is slowly down. Until he's out of ideas. All we had to do is to help. By your artworks and ideas by putting it in the suggestion and emailing him too. Now, since the creative people have no ideas to make the suggestions for the HH developing game. Of course,
we need teamwork. We still have an our creative ideas if we help each other too. And there is something a little problem.. You all know that why robby can't take more suggestions it's because hmmm... He is the only one will do anything of his game. ;o We're wondered why. I don't know.

That's a really long message. I'll upvote someone then.
IGN: ArianaGrande_

❤ Meow!! ❤
ArianaGrande143

Location: ➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Postby Ten » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:51 am

flashlight has made a ton of balancing threads and suggestions while miso just makes art for people and had a useless hat added into the game.

miso might be more likable but when it comes down to how many contributes to the community they have, I think flash is way above miso.
Ten

Postby LightningsFury » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:09 am

I am making my decision in regards to my opinion on the art of these two aspiring artists.
Both of them have amazing art, best that can be found within the containment of the forums and both artists have very, and I mean very, similar art styles.
My decision may just boil down to which artist I have grown up seeing on the forums for years, Miso, but Flashlight has only recently joined the party of amazing forum artists and I have missed some of his/her artwork during my period of inactivity on the forums.
When it comes to the art of these two individuals, in my opinion I prefer Miso's artwork in comparison to Flashlight's, but it is a very close battle. I feel that Miso's artwork is overall more clean and crisp and has wowed me on various occasions. If the events had been set out differently, my decision could have drastically changed, but for now my vote has to go towards good ol' MisoSoup247.

Sorry Flashlight, still love ya!

Join the Helmet Heroes Discord today!
Guess I'll just shitpost.
LightningsFury

Postby Archiac Pro » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:39 pm

They're both good...
We fight, some perish. We win. IMPERIAL GUARD
Archiac Pro

Postby Pxrsxited » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:54 pm

They are both good but like Ten said.
Ten wrote:flashlight has made a ton of balancing threads and suggestions while miso just makes art for people and had a useless hat added into the game.

miso might be more likable but when it comes down to how many contributes to the community they have, I think flash is way above miso.
Pxrsxited

Postby Flashlight237 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:01 pm

Well, there went the very lengthy lead I had, but hey. At least I was the first person to actually PUSH BACK against a titan.
Flashlight237

Postby isa467 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:41 am

Ten wrote:flashlight has made a ton of balancing threads and suggestions while miso just makes art for people and had a useless hat added into the game.

Credits to Lightnings_Fury
isa467

Postby Boozy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:55 am

What I don't understand and also dislike is people always comparing one person's art to another's.

No. If you can't appreciate multiple artist your opinion is meaningless.

Miso is a known and popular guy here. His art is cool and what is got me into art myself, which moved me to several different art styles and game art.

But to intentionally post a thread like this, well let's just say if you tried to compare me to Miso in such a manner I'd be handing you your own ass on a silver platter right now.

Fucking stop.
Boozy

Postby Flashlight237 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:01 am

Boozy wrote:What I don't understand and also dislike is people always comparing one person's art to another's.

No. If you can't appreciate multiple artist your opinion is meaningless.

Miso is a known and popular guy here. His art is cool and what is got me into art myself, which moved me to several different art styles and game art.

But to intentionally post a thread like this, well let's just say if you tried to compare me to Miso in such a manner I'd be handing you your own ass on a silver platter right now.

Fucking stop.

Trust me, as a DeviantART user of seven years and counting, I've experienced arrogance to the point that I SWAM in it. Like, my fingers were pruny with arrogance. Back in, I believe... 2011 or 2012, my art was just... flat-out crap, and I had such a big ego over it. I've even caused a controversy over my own attitude because of it. I now look back at those times with personal disgust, and even then, I still experience sparks of arrogance. Kinda makes me wonder if I'll ever truly get my head out of the gutter.

To be fair, if this were, like, a professionally-organized contest or such, I can see why there is a need for comparison myself if thoroughly done. This thread, however... Well, imagine you went to a Watchmojo poll or video one Sunday afternoon.

The way I see all this, I think FSTMario put it best. Either way, I've made sure that, when I made mention of this thread, I've asked for honest opinions only, knowing it'd be a popularity contest if I didn't.
Flashlight237

Postby The Lost Last Archer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:53 pm

ThisIsMyName wrote:Lol can i choose Naughty that guy is a legend

Flashlight were you the one who created a grinding guide a long time ago if so I used that forever I cant say I am familiar with your art tho but I do like miso for the fish art so he takes the cake

I second Naughty. But also, we can't forget people like Raptor ;). Had a sig shop and it was always so full. But, can't forget the OG's like Barnacle. Tbh, I think Barnacle would be the best for me. He was active back in like 2014 though so that's why you guys don't mention him. But he was so good. Same for Miso too though. I think Miso would have so many more votes but people don't really know Miso as much as Flashlight. I can't judge though because I don't know Flashlight's art. I've quit from HH and just occasionally get on the forums but am not really too active. So I'm just giving my opinion about Barnacle.
Thank you Raptor27 for this $wag signature. #SAVAGE
IGN: _The_Lost_Final_Warrior_ (I've quit HH though)
The Lost Last Archer

Location: Viper's shop, getting scammed. I cri evrytiem... ;(

Postby Flashlight237 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:08 pm

The Lost Last Archer wrote:
ThisIsMyName wrote:Lol can i choose Naughty that guy is a legend

Flashlight were you the one who created a grinding guide a long time ago if so I used that forever I cant say I am familiar with your art tho but I do like miso for the fish art so he takes the cake

I second Naughty. But also, we can't forget people like Raptor ;). Had a sig shop and it was always so full. But, can't forget the OG's like Barnacle. Tbh, I think Barnacle would be the best for me. He was active back in like 2014 though so that's why you guys don't mention him. But he was so good. Same for Miso too though. I think Miso would have so many more votes but people don't really know Miso as much as Flashlight. I can't judge though because I don't know Flashlight's art. I've quit from HH and just occasionally get on the forums but am not really too active. So I'm just giving my opinion about Barnacle.

I've animated and gave sound to my monsters for starters. But yeah, I have an odd feeling people talk about Miso so much they forget about the other artists. You know, like Naruto and that one guy who made the Mithril set. I would like to forget the guy who designed the Fishurn, though.
Flashlight237

Next

Return to Off Topic