itblobboy's Rambling!

Post here for things completely unrelated to Helmet Heroes.

Do you like or dislike background noise (can be music, people, etc)?

30%
Only like when I don't want to focus
44%
Dislike
26%

Total votes : 50

Re: itblobboy's Rambling!

Postby Tomatha » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAHprLW48no

Just in case you peepz want an example of innovative ideas that could be awesome, but could easily be done poorly.
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby itblobboy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Tomatha wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAHprLW48no

Just in case you peepz want an example of innovative ideas that could be awesome, but could easily be done poorly.

Lol, those awkward moments where you have a very specific point to make but can't think of any examples to make your case being solved right here.

Also, pretty cool movie trailer.

Say, speaking of cool films, guess what we saw in English class today!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nrui01vU6M

Couldn't help but find it hilarious (and, after thinking about it, relevant to the poll) :lol:
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby koalasium » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Quote of Honor (3-18-15), made me think:
Tomatha wrote:Seriously though... We need to do the universe a favor and wipe this world out. Admittedly, we're bound to do it whether we intend to or not in just a matter of time.
Spoiler: show

Credits to Naughty for the sig
Seriously though... We need to do the universe a favor and wipe this world out. Admittedly, we're bound to do it whether we intend to or not in just a matter of time.
-Tomatha

Check out my new blog.
koalasium

Postby itblobboy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:34 pm

koalasium wrote:Quote of Honor (3-18-15), made me think:
Tomatha wrote:Seriously though... We need to do the universe a favor and wipe this world out. Admittedly, we're bound to do it whether we intend to or not in just a matter of time.

Take it easy, the passage of time seems small when you look at the big picture. Though, it could go worse fast... It's not like one man can commit a genocide to stop it, though. Need a nation for that. "War".
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby koalasium » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:39 pm

itblobboy wrote:

Take it easy, the passage of time seems small when you look at the big picture. Though, it could go worse fast... It's not like one man can commit a genocide to stop it, though. Need a nation for that. "War".

I just do one whenever I feel like it.

Credits to Naughty for the sig
Seriously though... We need to do the universe a favor and wipe this world out. Admittedly, we're bound to do it whether we intend to or not in just a matter of time.
-Tomatha

Check out my new blog.
koalasium

Postby itblobboy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:41 pm

koalasium wrote:I just do one whenever I feel like it.

Sure, but ya said it made you think, figured I'd put my input, uh, in. I'm also gonna repost this link because the rambling chat is progressing quickly and I wanna give people a chance to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nrui01vU6M

itblobboy

Postby Tomatha » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:52 pm

itblobboy wrote:Take it easy, the passage of time seems small when you look at the big picture. Though, it could go worse fast... It's not like one man can commit a genocide to stop it, though. Need a nation for that. "War".

It's easier than you think, yet harder: What do you suppose would happen if in one of the dictatorships that are passed down based on family, suddenly had a MAJORLY insane leader that was absolutely disgusted by humanity (Hides it well up to that point.(virtually impossible to do, but hypothetical and such)) and this dictator had access to a decent number of nuclear weapons? Like: Enough to EMP a place in addition to nuking it if wanted and could do this to many places. (oversimplification, I know, as there's other safety nets, still just example.) Nukes are really wide-spread, and cover a lot of ground. Obviously there might be some precautions, but I'm not familiar with those. I think this could make a nice antagonist to a story, also plot, but no idea about any other part of it.
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby MisoSoup247 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:59 pm

while you suckers are on earth as its about to blow up... me, my friend and a handful of chosen ones will be in a space ship in space laughing and then we'll probably die within 3 months... project L.A.ST S.U.N.L.I.G.H.T guys! :lol:
MisoSoup247

Postby Tomatha » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:12 pm

MisoSoup247 wrote:while you suckers are on earth as its about to blow up... me, my friend and a handful of chosen ones will be in a space ship in space laughing and then we'll probably die within 3 months... project L.A.ST S.U.N.L.I.G.H.T guys! :lol:

Lol, There's a lot of things in space that people aren't prepared for. I give you 6 days, tops (assuming you remember to pack enough oxygen to last that long.) The reason I say 6 days is that the environment that is space can do things to people. Where you're used to placing your soda on the table and it being safely anchored by its own weight, space will have none of that. (Artificial gravity is nice, but it takes up SO MUCH electricity, and adds a lot of weight to the ship, like all life-support systems.) Those are just a few.
Tomatha

Postby MisoSoup247 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Tomatha wrote:Lol, There's a lot of things in space that people aren't prepared for. I give you 6 days, tops (assuming you remember to pack enough oxygen to last that long.) The reason I say 6 days is that the environment that is space can do things to people. Where you're used to placing your soda on the table and it being safely anchored by its own weight, space will have none of that. (Artificial gravity is nice, but it takes up SO MUCH electricity, and adds a lot of weight to the ship, like all life-support systems.) Those are just a few.

My friend has a giant chicken, I think we are well prepared 8-)
(drawing of the chosen ones I did a couple years ago when me and my friend had the idea of making a spaceship for some reason)
MisoSoup247

Postby Tomatha » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:05 pm

Decided to go to http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... hiroshima/

Not sure how factual the site is, but I am familiar with tunguska, and this is pretty hilarious (And maybe rare.)

Same site showed me something about General Sedgwick... Kinda dark humor, but his last words supposedly were "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.” He got killed from a headshot from like 900 meters away shortly after. Some people say he didn't get to finish that last sentence, but accounts vary.
Last edited by Tomatha on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomatha

Postby Kurumi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:47 am

Human nature is a dark as demons'.
(This is gonna be long)
Without putting a lot of thought into it and looking at the "bright side", I would've said that human nature wishes to do more goodness than evil 'cause my exact answer (before looking at the choices) "We generally have good intentions but sometimes we feel we don't have a choice or are accidentally pushed by the circumstances". Yet, we cannot remove the fact that even though people who have done evil things or have 'crossed the red line' were warned about the path that they were taking. Most times it's like that, there's someone to warn you that you're going in the wrong path before you completely cross the red line. Plus, if human nature wasn't that dark, there's a chance that we wouldn't have gone through so many wars and just worked things out. But no, we each had to prove that we were superior, that we were better so we tried to destroy our opponent and we didn't realize that what were doing was actually destroying ourselves. Why? Because we're never content, another thing that's dark about human nature. We so badly wanna have it all and when we do, that's when we realize that we've already had it good. That's where regret kicks in. But from the opposing side, "Every race has gone through war at some point in time. It's necessary." It's not. Some people only consider it as necessary because every human race has gone through it but that's wrong.

To sum it up, Every human race has gone through war because we're all humans who all have the same basic nature, which is just dark.
I AM A VERY SARCASTIC PERSON.

Kurumi

Postby MrFlip » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:24 pm

humans, objectifying women since 10000000000 BC
i'm afraid thats not how you aquire women my friend.
MrFlip

Postby Tomatha » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:26 pm

It IS a bit more complicated than it seems. People require conflict, and they require diplomacy. They require love, but they also require hate. They require trust, but they also require secrets. They require feeling relevant, but they also require feeling superior. They require entertainment, but they also require down-time. They require friends, but they also require alone-time. They require help, but they also require independence. They require happiness, but they require sadness to make it mean anything. (Have like 12 more, but this is repetitive enough as-is.)
Tomatha

Postby Tartarus1876 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:27 pm

itblobboy wrote:

Remember this quote. You mentioned war so i remembered this. "If you kill one person, you basically destroyed the whole human race" - Anonymous
"Darkness is able to erase minds and keep people ignorant for the better, the truth can hurt..." - Dark_Titan
Tartarus1876

Postby Poodle » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:38 pm

Darker than demons. You would know if you lived where I do. People don't give a f*** about the environment, others, or themselves.(and many other things unlistable here)
Thanks to Lotsoflove for this sig :D
ArqDemon wrote:??? what is water

Jakub wrote:Luck is cut in half by 1/3. So if a pet had 18 luck, it now has 6 luck.
Poodle

Location: USA, North America, Earth, Solar System#842, Milky way Galaxy, Universe #217, Multiverse

Postby leonyipa » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:31 am

There is always faith in humanity, cheer up 8-)
leonyipa

Postby itblobboy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:13 am

Hm, alright, thanks for the comments. New poll - I was gonna do a continuation poll for the previous one, but I decided perhaps I should hold onto that one. I, myself, voted ethos, though it's closely seconded by logos. Not that I feel no emotion, it's just that it doesn't appeal to me in the sense of rhetoric as much as the others.

On an unrelated note, I slept for about 15 hours - when I got home to 8 in the morning. Yep. In case you guys forgot, I almost always dream nothing but extensive stories (like, book material, rather than general events). While it is probably unrelated to having slept for so long, I found it interesting that I think I had the most interesting dream (that I remembered) I think I've ever had last night... Or, well, sleep, I suppose I should say. I weighed my options and decided not to post all about the actual dream, but I just thought it was interesting the two incidents coincided.

itblobboy

Postby Tomatha » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:58 pm

In case no one could guess, logos. That being said, people that obey ethos are usually the kind of people I end up persuading.

Edit: Come to think of it, I dunno if I'd say I generally gravitate towards any of them. I use whatever means are necessary to convince people that my way of thinking is best.
Last edited by Tomatha on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomatha

Postby itblobboy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Tomatha wrote:In case no one could guess, logos. That being said, people that obey ethos are usually the kind of people I end up persuading.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for people who are agreeable, and you're a nice person (wait... Well, you're nice to me :lol: ). Most of my ethos is out of ethics (who knew), but I respect the authority from people who mostly use logos. No surprise that I consider you a trustworthy person, then, at least with information (I mean, you've mentioned some mighty rude things in the ethical sense :P )

itblobboy

Postby Prostatus5 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:41 pm

logos of course, if you didnt have logic you would be able to do NOTHING including play HH or type forums posts
thanks naughty!^^

Kudos to Link Nestar ^^
http://steamcommunity.com/id/prostatus_5/ <-------- Add me on Steam!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCopJCRdg046d0q3a7ctdJZQ<-----subscribe
ArqDemon wrote:??? what is water
Prostatus5

Postby itblobboy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Prostatus5 wrote:logos of course, if you didnt have logic you would be able to do NOTHING including play HH or type forums posts

Just because it seems most logical to appeal to logos for the poll doesn't mean that is what you most appeal to. Someone can appeal to pathos and understand that it can be easily manipulated and should be distrusted, but it's having to reflect on your own life decisions in the past that is what counts.

Of course, a lot of ideas can be brought up and encourage a lifestyle change for yourself, but whateves.

itblobboy

Postby Tomatha » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Prostatus5 wrote:logos of course, if you didnt have logic you would be able to do NOTHING including play HH or type forums posts

You seem to have slightly misunderstood the question. It's asking what you appeal to (in persuasion/arguments) in order to try to prove that your side is better/right.
Tomatha

Postby itblobboy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Tomatha wrote:

You seem to have slightly misunderstood the question. It's asking what you appeal to (in persuasion/arguments) in order to try to prove that your side is better/right.

Poll title changed on account of this post.

Say, tomatha, I've been wondering, is the lighter purple in your avatar supposed to be hair or a hood? :lol:

itblobboy

Postby Tomatha » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:09 pm

itblobboy wrote:
Tomatha wrote:

Poll title changed on account of this post.

Say, tomatha, I've been wondering, is the lighter purple in your avatar supposed to be hair or a hood? :lol:

Hair, brah.
Tomatha

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic