Item carry base on levels?

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Choose Please!

a
33%
b
67%

Total votes : 104

Item carry base on levels?

Postby coke_na_rc » Mon May 14, 2018 11:47 pm

I need your suggestions please, Maybe this will solve and can stop duping issues by the dupers using low levels.

a) So if a player is not on the right level required then they cannot carry higher level items
b) They cannot trade it to others with different ip or sell to npc or drop, just a courier?
Beat that
Spoiler: show
coke_na_rc

Re: Item carry base on levels?

Postby Flashlight237 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:51 pm

How will this affect current players like myself? Like, for example, I still have the Mystical Tribal Bow from the Yellow Hairy Monster event, and I got that back when I was in the mid-to-late Level 200s. I'm currently in Level... 359, I believe.

And furthermore, what if I manage to get three more Mystic Tribal Bows from a future event? How would I be able to sell those extras off?
Flashlight237

Postby coke_na_rc » Mon May 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:How will this affect current players like myself? Like, for example, I still have the Mystical Tribal Bow from the Yellow Hairy Monster event, and I got that back when I was in the mid-to-late Level 200s. I'm currently in Level... 359, I believe.

I edited the b option, or if you have any in mind put it here. For now, I only bother to mind those dupers. and help those legit if incase they got any issue
Beat that
coke_na_rc

Postby ihasarchery » Mon May 14, 2018 11:59 pm

I think b would work just fine as long as you can still trade between alts.

Kudos to Miso for the avatar!
ihasarchery

Postby Flashlight237 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:02 am

ihasarchery wrote:I think b would work just fine as long as you can still trade between alts.

Pretty much this. However, this still doesn't cover drops, which literally anyone can do. Like...

Suppose a duper drops a pair of Evil Wings and I end up picking it up, only to end up getting kicked for having a duped pair of Evil Wings unaware of its source?
Flashlight237

Postby ihasarchery » Tue May 15, 2018 12:08 am

I'm sure that if items in the payvault can't be dropped, then the same can be done for this type of situation.

ihasarchery

Postby Flashlight237 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:09 am

ihasarchery wrote:I'm sure that if items in the payvault can't be dropped, then the same can be done for this type of situation.

Evil Wings are an accessory, just like Jetpacks and Helipacks. Accessories are still droppable. I would know, a guy who let me borrow his jetpack just to let me get to Jenkins' shop dropped his Jetpack.
Flashlight237

Postby ihasarchery » Tue May 15, 2018 12:16 am

Oof. Just gonna have to give those a spray of that anti-gravity concoction as well.

ihasarchery

Postby Flashlight237 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:07 am

That aside, here's what would happen with each option.

Option A:
1. Beginners would be left unable to pick up Hockey Masks (http://helmet-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Hockey_Mask ) and Log-Splitting Axes (http://helmet-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Log_Splitting_Axe ). Mind you, even the earliest players can kill Purple Goos, and some beginners would be killing Green Walkers by Level 10.
2. Players who like to prepare for new equips would be held up big time. For example, if I'm in Level 320 and I were to get all the stuff required to get a Mystical Tribal Mask, which requires me to be in Level 375 to equip, how can I buy the mask and thus get rid of all the junk I'm carrying around?
3. Beggars would make legit players carry junk for them,
4. Accessories have low level requirements (Evil Wings can be equipped at Level 80 and Jetpacks can be equipped at Level 25), which means they can still be carried and potentially duped. Mind you, accessories are sellable, tradeable, and droppable.
5. Underleveled legit players (as in NOT dupers) may be unable to pick up any event craftables, such as the Divine set and Mystical Tribal Bow from the Valentine's Day Yellow Hairy Monster event.
6. Game would glitch if overleveled items exist in current players' inventories.

Option B:
1. Better implemented with a duped-item checker. Let's say Marvin the Martian is Level 300 and he has two Atomic Helmets on him: one legit, and one duped. Marvin can trade/sell/drop the legit helmet, but NOT the duped helmet.)
2. Accessories have low level requirements, so they would still be tradeable/sellable/droppable. I recommend the level requirements for accessories to be increased to 200 or 250 for this.
3. Underleveled legit players cannot sell off event craftables. In other words, if you're in Level 300 and your inventory is full of Mystical Tribal Bows you picked up from the Valentine's Day event, that would mean you're stuck with million-dollar garbage cluttering your inventory, meaning you can't pick up any item drops until you get to Level 375.

My way of going about it is more simplistic.

Option C: Duped-Item Checker in Inventory (No Level Requirement):

Player: Marvin the Martian
Level: 300
Item 1: Atomic Helmet (Legit)
Source: NPC
Results: Drop button exists. Sell button exists. Offer button exists.

Item 2: Atomic Helmet (Legit)
Source: Obtained from ihasarchery (originally from NPC)

Item 3: Atomic Helmet (Duped)
Source: Marvin the Martian
Results: Drop button removed. Sell button removed. Offer button removed. You're stuck with your duped item, Marvin!

Item 4: Atomic Helmet (Duped)
Source: Obtained from Chewbacca (originally Duped)
Results: Drop button removed. Sell button removed. Offer button removed. You're stuck with your duped item, Marvin!
Flashlight237

Postby Andreyiy1 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:16 am

B sounds nice, since the A not.
Just because some players like to buy their next equipment when they're almost at the specific level and they must carry them for few levels to have a 'target' to get hmm... motivated to level up!? :D
But... 'They cannot trade it to others'. This must be more advanced. I suggest for the B variant an addition: Players under level 300 can't receive (through trade) craftable items. This can be annoying for the Divine Helmet, but in rest the players will be more productive instead spending hours on robo city and/or duping.
Andreyiy1

Postby xxjarsuzz » Tue May 15, 2018 5:13 am

coke_na_rc wrote:
a) So if a player is not on the right level required then they cannot carry higher level item

A.
Definetely. With some +40 -+70 level addition [maybe less for low levels, perhaps someone can calculate this] what makes preparing for next sets still possible :)
IGN: Jarsu
xxjarsuzz

Postby ArianaGrande143 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:59 am

A

It's because. The duped items is supposed to not trade to players, cannot drop it, cannot give a duped tix present to players, cannot sell it, and cannot put their duped tix and items on their vendors. Their FAKE stuffs(duped) will dissapear if you teleport to another area, or reloading the game.
IGN: ArianaGrande_

❤ Meow!! ❤
ArianaGrande143

Location: ➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Postby Flashlight237 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:31 am

ArianaGrande143 wrote:A

It's because. The duped items is supposed to not trade to players, cannot drop it, cannot give a duped tix present to players, cannot sell it, and cannot put their duped tix and items on their vendors. Their FAKE stuffs(duped) will dissapear if you teleport to another area, or reloading the game.

And what of the legit players? Have you not read my last post?
Flashlight237

Postby usubusu » Tue May 15, 2018 9:49 am

I voted B, since storage accounts can easily become necessary. However, duping could still be done on lower level accounts and then given to higher levels through the same IP, from where they can then sell the item.

However, if this could be implemented in a good way, then this would definately be the way to go:

Flashlight237 wrote:My way of going about it is more simplistic.

Option C: Duped-Item Checker in Inventory (No Level Requirement):

Player: Marvin the Martian
Level: 300
Item 1: Atomic Helmet (Legit)
Source: NPC

Item 2: Atomic Helmet (Legit)
Source: Obtained from ihasarchery (originally from NPC)

Item 3: Atomic Helmet (Duped)
Source: Marvin the Martian

Item 4: Atomic Helmet (Duped)
Source: Obtained from Chewbacca (originally Duped)
Credit to RaptorZ7 for the art!

Need wood for crafting?
- I can get it for free!
http://helmet-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=58241
usubusu

Postby isa467 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:35 am

I'd go for B.
Credits to Lightnings_Fury
isa467

Postby afghoo » Tue May 15, 2018 11:43 am

A

Worth it to stop the daily barrage of cheats.
afghoo

Postby Prostatus5 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:25 pm

I feel that A would affect more of the normal population, especially at early levels, where there are multiple drops that are a couple levels higher than them. Even for characters that are 10-20 levels away from the next crafting set, it is (at least from my sight) typical that you might craft it at a slightly lower level.

Given the two, B is better, but if A was changed to be, say, nothing can be picked up that is 30 levels higher, it might be more useful.

I also just realized A also helps people who try to loot at high level areas. Two birds with one stone.
thanks naughty!^^

Kudos to Link Nestar ^^
http://steamcommunity.com/id/prostatus_5/ <-------- Add me on Steam!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCopJCRdg046d0q3a7ctdJZQ<-----subscribe
ArqDemon wrote:??? what is water
Prostatus5

Postby Jakub » Tue May 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Like both prostatus and Jarsu said (unless I misread ;s), there should be some level range. If I am not mistaken, most (If not all) of the accessory items fall within a level 50-150 range, so players shouldn't have an issue here. (You don't need them at that level, but they would help a tad bit)

I think stopping accessory duping might not be prevented, but it certainly does help with higher tiered items.
MAKE HELMET HEROES GREAT !!!

DaviM12 wrote:inb4 3d update
The worst thing robby did to HH was adding Cowboys to the game without actually even trying to balance their skills : (
Jakub

Postby coke_na_rc » Tue May 15, 2018 10:58 pm

@Flashlight, system can't detect if the item is dupe or not. I wont explain any further how auto ban dupe work so dupers wont get any idea

Yes there will be level range needed if A would be implemented like what Jarsu and Prostatus suggested. Keep on voting/posting ideas and lets see if we get a good result from the master
Beat that
coke_na_rc

Postby _senlevi_ » Wed May 16, 2018 2:02 am

I think it will be better if you will higher the jet level required. It is set to lvl 25 and no low levels cannot afford that these days. The price of tickets will be higher and the price of accessories will higher too.. So thats my suggestion.

Need woods? Here's my chopping business Click here" viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73032 "
_senlevi_

Postby theagarioplayer111 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:33 am

I want A but I usually resell high lvl items so A is not good for me. I'll go for B.
IGN: MAGE_KING77777
Guild: CrimeTime
theagarioplayer111

Postby 203361992 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:26 am

But then if you trade one of your lv 1000+ items to an alt, it's just stuck there?

I've seen a more effective solution to duping and hacking in other games than just ban the account. What they did was they simply permanently moves the hacking account into a private hacker only server, where they are just stuck in there forever, perhaps not even realising they got in. You guys think this might work with HH too? - As soon as dupe found, account --> hacker prison server

Postby Flashlight237 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:45 am

203361992 wrote:But then if you trade one of your lv 1000+ items to an alt, it's just stuck there?

I've seen a more effective solution to duping and hacking in other games than just ban the account. What they did was they simply permanently moves the hacking account into a private hacker only server, where they are just stuck in there forever, perhaps not even realising they got in. You guys think this might work with HH too? - As soon as dupe found, account --> hacker prison server

That game was a Triple-A game made on a really-expensive dedicated game engine. Helmet Heroes is a rudimentary hack-and-slash MMO made on Flash. I'm no programmer, but even just eyeballing it, I'd know it' impossible to do.
Flashlight237

Postby gamer54 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:30 pm

coke_na_rc wrote:I need your suggestions please, Maybe this will solve and can stop duping issues by the dupers using low levels.

a) So if a player is not on the right level required then they cannot carry higher level items
b) They cannot trade it to others with different ip or sell to npc or drop, just a courier?

you just have to put that if you have an armor, or thing, and this is not your average level, you can not trade it, but if you have it or pick it up etc.

Although I'm not thinking about it, there are some cons for this too but, well, the solution is not in any of these options, the programmer and owner of the game with just a couple of hours coding could create a good anti-dupers system, but the bad is that apparently does not have, nor will have time. :roll:
- SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, IN REALITY I AM SPANISH.
SIGNATURE & AVATAR SHOP: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70526
gamer54

Postby 203361992 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:11 am

BTW, shouldn't anti-dupping actions and bans be issued against people who dupe without penalising most of the legit players? Like the autoclicker ban and this just makes it very hard for legit players.

Next

Return to Suggestions