New Perk: Mining

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

New Perk: Mining

Postby Flashlight237 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:06 am

So yeah, you know what crafting lacks? Actual materials.
Mining Materials.png
Mining Materials.png (107.81 KiB) Viewed 443 times

You know, because it makes more sense than using rotting fish. With the mining perk, you can stab the heck out of the ground for materials. What will you need? Well, one of these babies:

Pickaxe[2].png
Pickaxe[2].png (25.51 KiB) Viewed 443 times


With the pickaxe, you can mine a variety of minerals, ranging from the common-as-dirt, worthless Peat Moss to the ultra-rare crystallized god energy: Dawnium. You can mine metals, fossils, and gemstones.

Each mineral has its own value. The rarer the material, the more valuable it is. To prevent ridiculous money exploits (as some of these materials will provide a huge wealth of money), materials will be spread out by area. If you're in the Introductory area, Peat Moss would be the most common material, with Crude Oil and Iron being rare finds I'm thinking for each successful find in the introductory area, there would be a 90% chance of peat moss, 5% chance of crude oil, and 5% chance of iron. Furthermore, a loot timer would prevent loot-hogs from stealing any loot. Skymill would grant you iron for literally every successful dig because, well, it's an iron structure.

For each level of the Mining Perk, you will increase the chance of finding rare materials. Such a thing has never been tested out, but I'm thinking a starting success rate of somewhere between 1 in 250 (equivalent to a drop rate of 40 from monster drops) and 1 in 200 (equivalent to a drop rate of 50), with a compounding increase of 1% every level. Like chopping, there would be a 10% chance of increasing EXP with each swing of a pickaxe, plus an additional EXP rate for any successful find. The more valuable the material, the higher the EXP value of the successful find. As for base EXP itself, I think a mere 2 EXP would do the trick due to the benefits of leveling up the perk.

That if it's just simply stabbing the ground. If there is an ore deposit, I'd say it would work a little like trees except material strength would increase with value. Peat moss deposits would take the least amount of hits while Dawnium deposits would take the most amount of hits.

Well, that's the best I can come up with for mining. I'm sure there's someone who can help me improve on this thing, because it's a new game mechanic at least. What? Expected me to make monsters and items all the dang time?
Image
User avatar
Flashlight237
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:20 am

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby ihasarchery » Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 am

I like the concept of changing the materials needed to something more realistic than fish, but why bother to make crafting more annoying than it already is?
Image


Kudos to Miso for the avatar!
User avatar
ihasarchery
 
Posts: 4373
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:10 pm

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby Flashlight237 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:44 am

ihasarchery wrote:I like the concept of changing the materials needed to something more realistic than fish, but why bother to make crafting more annoying than it already is?

I mean I would rather use gold or amber than Shiny Lion Fish to craft Divine Helmets, plus I'd like some of these materials to actually be worth some decent resale value. Part of the fun in mining is all the valuable crap you can nab for yourself (plus imagine yourself carrying uranium and einsteinium ingots around in the game).

The log requirement for making wood blocks could be reduced a smidge, though.
Image
User avatar
Flashlight237
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:20 am

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby Jakub » Mon May 14, 2018 4:29 pm

ihasarchery wrote:I like the concept of changing the materials needed to something more realistic than fish, but why bother to make crafting more annoying than it already is?

I think it would make crafting better overall. I didn't read the post, but some ores could drop at a random (like shiny fish in a way) Also there should be multiple picked so damage is based on pick type and not level/stats
MAKE HELMET HEROES GREAT !!!

DaviM12 wrote:inb4 3d update
The worst thing robby did to HH was adding Cowboys to the game without actually even trying to balance their skills : (
User avatar
Jakub
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:24 am

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby jatoja » Mon May 14, 2018 7:25 pm

This suggestion is awesome and these materials are cool :)
It would be really interesting (helmet heroes needs new content)
jatoja
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby Ten » Mon May 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
ihasarchery wrote:I like the concept of changing the materials needed to something more realistic than fish, but why bother to make crafting more annoying than it already is?

I mean I would rather use gold or amber than Shiny Lion Fish to craft Divine Helmets, plus I'd like some of these materials to actually be worth some decent resale value. Part of the fun in mining is all the valuable crap you can nab for yourself (plus imagine yourself carrying uranium and einsteinium ingots around in the game).

The log requirement for making wood blocks could be reduced a smidge, though.

oh, is this replacing some of the shiny fish? if so then u got mah support.

most of the time i end up buying the fish instead of catching because of how annoying they are to catch
User avatar
Ten
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:04 am

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby Flashlight237 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:29 pm

Ten wrote:oh, is this replacing some of the shiny fish? if so then u got mah support.

most of the time i end up buying the fish instead of catching because of how annoying they are to catch

Some shiny fish, yeah. This is especially the case with the Divine Helmet, which is abnormally difficult to craft for such an early craftable to make.

In my opinion, if this ends up replacing fish entirely (which I doubt would be the case, but you'll never know), then I'd like fish to provide MP restoration boosts in exchange. IN the case for shiny fish, though, I think the range, magic, and artillery stats should factor into pet power along with the power stat to make power-boosting less of a hassle.
Image
User avatar
Flashlight237
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:20 am

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby Jin » Tue May 15, 2018 6:50 am

They should add a drill for its payvault item cause fishing and chopping have their payvault items too
Jin
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 8:47 am

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby Flashlight237 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:35 am

Jin wrote:They should add a drill for its payvault item cause fishing and chopping have their payvault items too

I am 95% certain that would happen if the perk was implemented into the game, though I was thinking along the lines of a Jackhammer myself.
Image
User avatar
Flashlight237
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:20 am

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby theagarioplayer111 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:57 am

Seriously... How did you came up with these AWESOME ideas? I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E.
I fully support!
IGN: MAGE_KING77777
Guild: CrimeTime
theagarioplayer111
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:22 pm
Location: Universe

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby Jin » Tue May 15, 2018 12:35 pm

How much should the payvault item be then
Jin
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 8:47 am

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby Flashlight237 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Jin wrote:How much should the payvault item be then

Considering its chainsaw-like nature I predict the drill/jackhammer will have, I'm thinking 10 tickets.
Image
User avatar
Flashlight237
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:20 am

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby Jin » Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 am

And same percentage of breaking?
Jin
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 8:47 am

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby DarkYveltal » Wed May 16, 2018 7:32 am

Support!

I would much rather hit rocks with a pickaxe then silently rage cause of a stubborn fish.
Queen Dark.
Queen of the Nekos
Join my server <3
https://discord.gg/Zh6ZF4G
DarkYveltal
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:04 am
Location: Im at my castle

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby Flashlight237 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:38 am

Jin wrote:And same percentage of breaking?

More like 4% chance of breaking. I'm expecting ore deposits to be a bit more stubborn than trees depending on if it'll be implemented and how it'll go.
DarkYveltal wrote:Support!

I would much rather hit rocks with a pickaxe then silently rage cause of a stubborn fish.

Same here.
Image
User avatar
Flashlight237
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:20 am

Re: New Perk: Mining

Postby isa467 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:29 am

Idolmaster wrote: support.
Image
Credits to Lightnings_Fury
isa467
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:49 pm
Location: Somewhere


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests