Dragon's Nest (1 New Area, 2 New Monsters)

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Dragon's Nest (1 New Area, 2 New Monsters)

Postby Naruto » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:43 am

Greetings fellow Helmet Hero players! Today I've been working on a new area which will hopefully serve as an alternative grinding area that players can use aside from the Beholder Lookout and Repguana Sanction.

My reasons for doing this is because the level and power of players are rising extremely fast so there will need to be new areas to accommodate the quickly growing player base.

You guys wanted a monster in power level between Beholders and Repguanas and also one between Repguanas and Proteums so that is hopefully what these two monsters will be able to achieve.

As for the top players, you guys will need a challenge so the stats that I put for the Magmagon and Barros in my Lavastone Area Suggestion will have to be boosted significantly for you guys to want to continue playing.

====================================================================================================
Credits:

-Monster drawings and designs were made by Wall, the guy who came up with the design of the original Nightstalker. All I've done is taken his drawings and inked them as well as color them, so all artist originality and creativity for those monsters belong to him!

Anyways, without further ado, I'll present what I've come up with!

Area Description:

"Dragon's Nest can be found behind the Kreetus Lair. An area seeped with chemicals from the barrels in the wastelands, it is a perfect breeding ground for Nightstalkers to grow into the Night Terror. Only the strongest of Night Terrors are able to survive for long in this polluted environment and if they do, they grow into something more, something much, much more terrifying."
====================================================================================================
DRAGON'S NEST
The portal to Dragon's Nest can be found behind the Kreetus. Once entered, they will appear on the portal shown on the area. They can then choose to go left or right where they will fight the Night Terror. They also have the choice of wall jumping to the surface where they can fight the Night Crusher. There's also three pools for players to catch fish natural to the wastelands themed area.
MONSTERS

NIGHT TERROR
Description:
"The Night Terror gains its bloated look from its large and constant intake of all the chemicals from the barrels. It is also beginning to develop wings and while not as aggressive as its predecessor, the Nightstalker, many humans have been crushed by the sheer weight of it falling on top of them. If provoked, it will use its large horns and swing them side to side, spearing its target."

Stats:

NIGHT CRUSHER
Description:
"The Night Crusher is the result of a Night Terror that managed to survive the dangerous chemicals it had to endure for all its life. The flap of bone and skin near its head helps amplify sound and even though its blind, it can hear the heart beat of a human. It's favorite form of attack is flying up high in the sky and then dropping down onto humans below. Very few have survived to tell the tale of this glorious beast"

Stats:

That's all I got for now, thanks for reading!
Naruto

Re: Dragon's Nest (1 New Area, 2 New Monsters)

Postby tabofabo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:04 am

I support for the NIGHT CRUSHER 8-) but that night terror looks like a flabby night stalker :lol:
Credits to Lycanblade
Spoiler: show
tabofabo

Postby I_am_a_Merchant » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:05 am

support
IGN: I_am_a_Merchant
If you have any shiny fish or books for sale Click Here
I_am_a_Merchant

Postby Mr.Lump » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:12 am

I think night crushers should get eyes after they get to that form, so it makes me even more dangerous...also, the night terror should have bigger wings
Mr.Lump

Postby Ameba » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Extreme support :]
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AmebaChan
Ameba

Postby itblobboy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:50 pm

Support-tacular, but the map should have less purple there :P
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby Mr.Lump » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:51 pm

ther should be really good noob killers in this one...
Mr.Lump

Postby monsterball » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:52 pm

i dont agree because the exp should be more or the health should be less
WE MONSTERS ONLY HAVE ONE WAY TO SAY HELLO LETS GVG!

monsterball

Postby dave » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:41 pm

less health a bit and i still support :D :D
in game name:Zane671

and kudos for Metalmorphosist this sig :D

Imageif you have gave me a damn go to this link to get 1k ------------------>http://helmet-heroes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14123
dave

Postby Naruto » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:07 am

tabofabo wrote:I support for the NIGHT CRUSHER 8-) but that night terror looks like a flabby night stalker :lol:

Thanks tabofabo! Night Terror is the bulking version of the Nightstalker, he absorbs all the chemicals making him much bigger than usual. Night Crusher is after he started working out heaps to shed off the excess chemical waste, turning him into his more stream lined form.

I_am_a_Merchant wrote:support

Thanks for the support I_am_a_Merchant!

Mr.Lump wrote:I think night crushers should get eyes after they get to that form, so it makes me even more dangerous...also, the night terror should have bigger wings

Hmm, not sure how useful eyes will be since that environment is one void of light. It wouldn't be much use so it relies on hearing to hunt it's prey. He does look like he needs bigger wings to support his weight though.

Ameba wrote:Extreme support :]

Thanks for the support Ameba!

itblobboy wrote:Support-tacular, but the map should have less purple there :P

Thanks itblobboy! I can easily alter the background gradient so the purple isn't as striking to the eyes.

Mr.Lump wrote:ther should be really good noob killers in this one...

It's behind the Kreetus, that alone should be enough to deter any sir pls or loot stealers.

monsterball wrote:i dont agree because the exp should be more or the health should be less

Would this be better?

NIGHT TERROR

HP: Kreeton HP (30,000) + Repguana HP (155,000)/2= 92,500
Defense: Kreeton Defense (340) + Repguana Defense (380)/2= 360
Speed: Kreeton Speed (2.7) + Repguana Speed (4)/2= 3.35, rounded off to 3.4
Exp: Kreeton Exp (375) + Repguana Exp (705)/2= 540
Money: Kreeton Cash (125) + Repguana Cash (235)/2= 180
Power: Kreeton Power (690) + Repguana Power (1400)/2= 1045

NIGHT CRUSHER

HP: Repguana HP (155,000) + Proteum HP (270,000)/2= 212,500
Defense: Repguana Defense (380) + Proteum Defense (460)/2= 420
Speed: Repguana Speed (4) + Proteum Speed (4.5)/2= 4.25
Exp: Repguana Exp (705) + Proteum Exp (960)/2= 832.5 exp, round it off to 834 exp
Money: Repguana Cash (235) + Proteum Cash (320)/2= 278
Power: Repguana Power (1400) + Proteum Power (2200)= 1800

dave wrote:less health a bit and i still support :D :D

Thanks dave! In my reply to monsterball, I've added the edited stats that should make it less OP.
Naruto

Postby Unication » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:58 am

Definite support, the monsters have a very badass design. According to how the Night Terrors and Crushers are scattered around just from viewing the map concept, will the Night Crushers have a passive buff of regenerating their health in the same manner as other bosses?
Unication

Location: Reality; where human shenanigans are unpredictable.

Postby Naruto » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:22 am

Unication wrote:Definite support, the monsters have a very badass design. According to how the Night Terrors and Crushers are scattered around just from viewing the map concept, will the Night Crushers have a passive buff of regenerating their health in the same manner as other bosses?

Thanks Unication! The monsters were supposed to be a mob monster, simply because of how crowded Beholders and Repguanas are. (People don't go to Proteums as much cause the potential of cash you can gain at Repguanas exceeds what you can get at Proteums). Because of that, I thought a few new mobs would help deal with all the crowded room issue although seeing the Night Crusher as an aggressive boss like the Titanium Vulture and with regen abilities would be pretty cool!
Naruto

Postby Lightdefender » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:59 am

FORGET WHAT I SAID. ANYWAY, AS SARUMAN SAID, MY COMMENTS CONTRIBUTE NOTHING. NARUTO, KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL PLAN THEN.
Last edited by Lightdefender on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightdefender

Postby Naruto » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:14 am

Lightdefender wrote:I think night terror is too similar to the name of the stalker pet in its second phase. How about changing it a little bit.

Btw, why do they have to be so strong? How about making them a little bit weaker so that it is more accessible? Otherwise, it will be like the private park for high level players.

Hmmm, I didn't realise it was the same as the second evo stalker pet, will definitely have to change it to something that suits it more.

Naruto wrote:
My reasons for doing this is because the level and power of players are rising extremely fast so there will need to be new areas to accommodate the quickly growing player base.

You guys wanted a monster in power level between Beholders and Repguanas and also one between Repguanas and Proteums so that is hopefully what these two monsters will be able to achieve.

As I said in my original post, this monster was designed to accommodate players between the jump of Kreeton -> Repguana and Repguana -> Proteum. There is already a TON of monsters that the lower levels can use; Blockbots & Nightstalkers, Bricks & Drillbots, Glords & Lotus Eyes. That's 6 different areas that level 120-300 ish generally use. Whereas for the level 350-500 players, there's only Beholder/Kreetons. Repguanas are being used by the top players more often than not because the cash there can potentially be better than Proteums due to the Repguana drops.
Naruto

Postby Lu-Bu » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Support awesome Monsters :D :mrgreen:
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwGN06 ... yCg/videos
Hail the king of ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)'s
Lu-Bu

Postby Lightdefender » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:13 pm

I think a little bit reflection of light on the skins of these monsters can make them look better.
Lightdefender

Postby robby » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:25 pm

Very very nice! I am working on adding ALOT of new stuff and enhancements/fixes for existing things in one big awesome update right around the new year (not the castle update just yet). Hopefully I will be able to get this in it (as well as the lava stuff). Very cool enemies, especially the dragon! One thing I noticed nobody draws much of (which I'm working on right now in a big coming update) is miscellaneous background items. Things such as bushes, windmills, signs, logs, ANYTHING to liven up the areas and make them more fun to explore. If you can draw up any for this area, that would make it a big quicker for me to add in as well. :) Very nice job though!
robby
Site Admin

Postby Naruto » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:13 pm

robby wrote:Very very nice! I am working on adding ALOT of new stuff and enhancements/fixes for existing things in one big awesome update right around the new year (not the castle update just yet). Hopefully I will be able to get this in it (as well as the lava stuff). Very cool enemies, especially the dragon! One thing I noticed nobody draws much of (which I'm working on right now in a big coming update) is miscellaneous background items. Things such as bushes, windmills, signs, logs, ANYTHING to liven up the areas and make them more fun to explore. If you can draw up any for this area, that would make it a big quicker for me to add in as well. :) Very nice job though!

Sounds awesome! :shock: Glad to hear that this stuff will be making it in! I'll have a look around in-game to see all the different types of scenery and see what I can come up with miscellaneous background item wise for Lavastone and for Dragon's Nest!
Naruto

Postby itblobboy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:17 pm

Naruto wrote: I'll have a look around in-game to see all the different types of scenery and see what I can come up with miscellaneous background item wise for Lavastone and for Dragon's Nest! [/color]

Ditto for other areas.

Rob, your post sounds rather exciting :)
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby _XanXus_ » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:40 am

I DONT SEE YET THE PICTURE OF MONSTER BUT I SUPPORT THIS UPDATE SIR NARUTO :D IM SO EXITED FOR THIS NEW AREA AND MONSTER..
#XANXUS
#HELMET HEROES
#SinceJULY2014
_XanXus_

Postby owrwek`8 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:35 pm

support

In terms of scenery, there are metal barrels in the Wastelands Entrance. There could be barrels in Dragon's Nest one their sides with toxic yellow stuff coming out. It could provide a counterpoint to the purple and go with the theme of toxic waste dump.
owrwek`8

Postby TheBlackBelt » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:28 pm

coke_na_rc does his thing with Repuguana's, and kakai does his/her thing which the pet express. This might just change that. Of course I'll just be training my Stalker Hr by killing plant monsters while this amazing thing comes to life .-.
Aye mate.
TheBlackBelt

Postby frostfang123 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Hmm @Naruto i think you should lower its features to like fit for some level 500 to kill (Slightly Stronger Than Kreetons and dark beholders) so we can grind this monsters in the future :D anyways, SUPPORT!
frostfang123

Postby Tomatha » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:30 am

Support, looks cool.
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby ihaspower » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:44 pm

support. Naruto and character are making some pretty cool stuff lately :)
ihaspower

Next

Return to Suggestions