Quality improvements.

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Quality improvements.

Postby Jakub » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:46 am

In my previous thread, ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53414 ) I discussed a few problems in HH. I feel as I didn't describe some of them and there are some things I left out. Here, I will go over what I had previously along with some current problems in HH. This will all be up to date with the 9.3 update so any current problems can be solved here. Just some words from Robby on my other post

Robby wrote:I'll check back here after I fix a few other things. But as a quick note, I just now went ahead and increased the spawn rate by about 10%. Not a huge difference, but a small boost. Give this change a few hours to take effect everywhere.

Hopefully that means he will come back to the post, unless he already did '-'.

Armor stats: This specifically applies to all of the items ( excluding beholder ) that can be crafted. The three main things you can look at is time, money, and levels.

Getting wood is most likely the biggest challenge of crafting. Some items require you to get an insane amount of wood which can take 1-2 hours per item. When a player is first introduced to chopping, their level is most likely between 1-10 which does not give them very much damage at all. If you look at the tier 1 armors ( divine, phantom, mithril, and enforcer ) you can see that those are the hardest armors to craft because the amount of wood required.

The cost itself is insane for what you are given. Take darkane helm and phantom hood for an example. Darkane costs 1.3m and phantom costs 4.1m, which is a 2.8m difference. If you look at the defense/magic difference you will see a 36/25 difference which is not bad but remember the amount of time you had to put in just for a small boost.

FInally, the leveling part of different armors. Going to the next set requires some time to level up. Unlike the armors that can be bought by NPCs, the craftables have around a 100 level difference ( about 200 difference going from tier 3 to tier 4 ) in between each set. This reflects back on the amount of time it takes to get the armor and not to mention that the armor is very unbalanced with where you are. A player at repguanas may of now gotten spellbound but getting it didnt do much at all even though they put in a lot of effort to leveling up. Many players may have not noticed it but getting armor ( weapons still the worth ) after tier 2 is practically pointless. Things can be said about the tier 4 armors ( which are the new ones ) since they offer a much bigger boost in defense/magic ( or whatever the stat is ) than going from tier 2 to 3. Below is a list of current helm stats. In green will be an idea for new stats.

Phantom hood: Level 325, 130 defense, 75 magic. 165 defense, 90 magic.

Hydro Helmet: Level 390, 168 defense, 88 magic. 215 defense, 125 magic.

Spellbound Helmet: Level 500, 185 defense, 92 magic. 260 defense, 150 magic.

Empowered Helmet: Level 749, 288 defense, 100 magic. 380 defense, 225 magic.
MAKE HELMET HEROES GREAT !!!

DaviM12 wrote:inb4 3d update
The worst thing robby did to HH was adding Cowboys to the game without actually even trying to balance their skills : (
Jakub

Re: Quality improvements.

Postby Jakub » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:46 am

Pets: There are two main things to be talked about and that is pet afking and the new pet system. Both of these are current issues going on within the community and seeing them being solved would be wonderful.

Pet afking: This is seen all throughout the game. From players at bouncers to players at mags, just about everyone does it. It may or may not be players making exp while afk but the main problem being them stealing all of the kills. The second an enemy spawns the pet will attack the enemy making it unfair for players trying to play. I hardly ever use pets but I can guarantee you that the pet attack modes are broken. Pets automatically attacking an enemy might have nothing to do with it but I have noticed all attack modes have the same attack rate. I've compared a pet with quick attack and with the extreme attack, with results ending in the same attack rate. Back onto the subject of pet afkers, this causes many problems. The already mentioned active players not being able to get kills, progress that shouldn't be made, and players being able to "exploit" pet afkers. I do not literally mean players shouldn't get progress for afking but booking a pet to 40k+ power ( even 10k+ is ridiculous ) and afking were certainly not the intentions of pets. As far as "exploiting" goes, when people afk their pet, it allows low levels to come in and loot. I can't blame this one entirely on pets but due to this happening, more loot is given to level 40s-200s which they shouldn't be getting.

The new system: The new pet system allows the player to have up to 8 pets. With this being possible luck had to be nerfed so players cannot get loads of drops. This seems fair and all however this causes many problems for players. A person now has to spend 110 tickets along with getting their pet to level 203 just to have equal luck again. Not only you have to get money for 110 tickets, you also have to spend a lot of time getting two other pets to level 203. Not to mention if you do not want your pets to die, you have to spend an additional 360m or so just to have them mag proof ( Values changed based on enemy ). My solution to this is that one pet is not affected by this. Your highest leveled ACTIVE PET is not affected by this. That means if you have a level 150, 100, and 75, the 100 and 75 will gain 1/3 luck, whereas the level 150 will gain all luck. One way or another if the player does not want extra pets, they can keep their luck and if they do, the pet still keeps it luck.

Another thing I would like to mention is how pet control will work. A player being able to have 8 pets is already overpowered ( I would assume 1 moves and the other 7 do not ) so for pet control to work you can only have 1 pet out. This prevents players to have 7 luck pets out while they sit safe and have their pet do the work.
Last edited by Jakub on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

The worst thing robby did to HH was adding Cowboys to the game without actually even trying to balance their skills : (
Jakub

Postby Jakub » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:47 am

am reserve this spot also

Jakub

Postby SILVER_BULLET1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:03 am

Support?.........

Co-leader of hydrax

Spoiler: show
My name's Tony on discord
SILVER_BULLET1

Postby JVON » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:40 am

I have a idea to fix the new luck pet system. The luck was cut into 1/3 of its original, but how about that change only comes in affect after you've bought the multi pet thing. So unless so you have bought the multi pet thing, the luck will remain as it always has.
JVON

Postby ChristoperFPS » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:42 am

JVON wrote:I have a idea to fix the new luck pet system. The luck was cut into 1/3 of its original, but how about that change only comes in affect after you've bought the multi pet thing. So unless so you have bought the multi pet thing, the luck will remain as it always has.

YES
phamtoom is mah bestfriend u cant have him
Bezu wrote:A legendary Pokemon arrives and uses area burn
It was super effective

Helmet Heroes Tournament
Fav Song:Drowning: Boogie Wit Da Hoodie
ChristoperFPS

Postby ihasarchery » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:09 am

Those new stats on the helmets is absolutely ridiculous. Tbh, it's all fine as it is, but if we with your "green ideas" robby is going to have to change the stats of every set from enforcer, divine, phantom, mithril, and above.

Otherwise mage is literally going to be the most overpowered class in the game even though it pretty much already is.

Oh and with the stat suggestion on the new mage helmet, it's going to have the same defense as the new warrior helmet. -_____-

Kudos to Miso for the avatar!
ihasarchery

Postby Trophy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Jakub wrote:Going to the next set requires some time to level up

Or just skip some sets to save some dough.

But the point you said about chopping, I totally agree. Mainly because of the bag space limitation though (even if it's maxed).
Trophy

Postby Jakub » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:45 pm

ihasarchery wrote:Those new stats on the helmets is absolutely ridiculous. Tbh, it's all fine as it is, but if we with your "green ideas" robby is going to have to change the stats of every set from enforcer, divine, phantom, mithril, and above.

Otherwise mage is literally going to be the most overpowered class in the game even though it pretty much already is.

Oh and with the stat suggestion on the new mage helmet, it's going to have the same defense as the new warrior helmet. -_____-

I wouldn't say the stats are "ridiculous" because you are getting a fair amount for what you have paid. Later I might go in with the other 3 classes and get stats for them so I can do a more balanced thing.

If the defense on the last mage helmet is equal to the current warrior helmet, that means there is obviously a problem with stats.

Jakub

Postby Jakub » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:17 am

Am gib dis da bump

Jakub

Postby WARRIOR_TANK » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:50 pm

The new attack formula is directly proportional to Attack stat of the Armor, so if you boost an Armor's stat by 1.5, A player's damage output will be increased by 1.5 which is a lot. However an increase of around 10 points is acceptable.

About pet afking, the game automatically disconnects you if you don't do any activity for a while.
IGN- SNIPER_MAGE
WARRIOR_TANK

Return to General