the size of signatures

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

the size of signatures

Postby fallenangel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:14 pm

i think it only being 180px high is outragous i mean mine is a little higher than that but it doent take up the whole page of anything so common be a little more realistic nothing would really fit in a signature only 180px high i would be impossible to see the details so i suggest making it a bit higher
MY SIGNATURE IS JUST FINE THE WAY IT IS im not changing it cuz this is outragious
Credits to miso
please give a damn (click signature)
Spoiler: show

If I could kill you, I would
But it's frowned upon in all fifty states
Having said that, burn in hell!
fallenangel

Location: The land of invisible blue unicorns where it rains nutella daily

Re: the size of signatures

Postby HadesRules » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Haha like that team rocketchu you had? :lol:
HadesRules

Postby fallenangel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:20 pm

I changed it cuz I had benn working on this for a while that was just a temporary signature
Credits to miso

fallenangel

Postby itblobboy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:32 pm

I still concur that signatures definitely deserve more space.

But I already made a thread for this here. But I still really, really, REALLY feel we deserve more signature space.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Gret » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:19 pm

The purpose of a signature is, well, to be a signature. When you sign your name on something, you don't write it vertically or put an altogether humongous drawing. It's the same on a forum, except a bit more detailed; there's room for you to show your name fancily, and maybe to include something to show what kind of person you are.

With all of the huge signatures, people have to scroll twice as much and search a page for the actual topic, especially if the topic is a picture. That's why a lot of people were getting annoyed coming on the forums to check interesting topics, news, or conversations, but having to look at gigantic, unrelated pictures multiple times in the same thread.
Gret

Postby fallenangel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Gret wrote:The purpose of a signature is, well, to be a signature. When you sign your name on something, you don't write it vertically or put an altogether humongous drawing. It's the same on a forum, except a bit more detailed; there's room for you to show your name fancily, and maybe to include something to show what kind of person you are.

With all of the huge signatures, people have to scroll twice as much and search a page for the actual topic, especially if the topic is a picture. That's why a lot of people were getting annoyed coming on the forums to check interesting topics, news, or conversations, but having to look at gigantic, unrelated pictures multiple times in the same thread.

but my signature is only a bit bigger than 180px and i didnt use all the 600px its only about 200px by 200px
i dont see y i cant keep my current signature
Credits to miso

fallenangel

Postby Gret » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:24 pm

fallenangel wrote:but my signature is only a bit bigger than 180px and i didnt use all the 600px its only like 200px by 200px

Your signature is exactly 180px high; Robby added an automatic limit, so you're fine. :D
Gret

Postby fallenangel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Gret wrote:
fallenangel wrote:but my signature is only a bit bigger than 180px and i didnt use all the 600px its only like 200px by 200px

Your signature is exactly 180px high; Robby added an automatic limit, so you're fine. :D
i tried to add text under my sig and it said it was too big(it was about 10 min ago)
Credits to miso

fallenangel

Postby Pluui » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:08 pm

fallenangel wrote:
but my signature is only a bit bigger than 180px and i didnt use all the 600px its only about 200px by 200px

The line has to be drawn somewhere
Pluui

Postby itblobboy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:55 pm

That's right Pluui, but it could be drawn a little more leniently. Perhaps 225-250 x 600.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Ky372 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:42 pm

itblobboy wrote:That's right Pluui, but it could be drawn a little more leniently. Perhaps 225-250 x 600.

But the problem with that, is someone comes along and says that 250x600 isn't lenient enough. So it goes to 300x600, and then we're getting back to where it began in the first place...
~ Admin of Helmet Heroes Wiki. Contact me for anything wiki related!
Ky372

Postby itblobboy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:41 pm

Ky372 wrote:
itblobboy wrote:That's right Pluui, but it could be drawn a little more leniently. Perhaps 225-250 x 600.

But the problem with that, is someone comes along and says that 250x600 isn't lenient enough. So it goes to 300x600, and then we're getting back to where it began in the first place...

That's different, that's after there has already been an extension. Quantity is an important factor in this situation, because there's supposed to be a balance between enjoying signatures and being annoyed by them.

We went from too much annoying by x9 to probably not enough by x1.6, imo. We are a small community on the forums, so technically it's not hard to have a vote on it for optimal satisfaction. We could easily find an average among those of us who hang 'round here.

While we're at it, there are a few other controversial topics we could get out of the way..
itblobboy

Postby Deej » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:12 pm

itblobboy wrote:That's different, that's after there has already been an extension. Quantity is an important factor in this situation, because there's supposed to be a balance between enjoying signatures and being annoyed by them.

No, it's not different at all. If the size limit were to be changed, people would still want it to be bigger. The size it is now is already larger than the limit for many forums. Also, you shouldn't be annoyed at all by a signature, that's why there are rules on them. It would be super annoying to constantly read posts that are literally a line or two followed by triple the space of the content, or more, in signature space.
Deej

Postby itblobboy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:16 pm

Deej wrote:
itblobboy wrote:That's different, that's after there has already been an extension. Quantity is an important factor in this situation, because there's supposed to be a balance between enjoying signatures and being annoyed by them.

No, it's not different at all. If the size limit were to be changed, people would still want it to be bigger. The size it is now is already larger than the limit for many forums. Also, you shouldn't be annoyed at all by a signature, that's why there are rules on them. It would be super annoying to constantly read posts that are literally a line or two followed by triple the space of the content, or more, in signature space.

Perhaps I didn't stress the QUANTITY part enough about changes. There have so far been 1. Which goes into my other stressed point, a general consensus on what the rule would be for the ultimate change. While its great to eyeball some rules, it helps to work on them afterwards too. :roll:
itblobboy

Return to General