Barack_Obama ban vote

Report and discuss players who are abusive, scammers, or cheaters here.

What should happen with his account?

Un-ban him now
12
10%
Ban him for 1 week
16
13%
Ban him for 2 weeks
5
4%
Ban him forever
89
73%
 
Total votes : 122

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Gregore » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:31 pm

I want to see Lincoln! Action Lincoln!
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby itblobboy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:48 pm

Those two votes for unban him now tho...

Anyways, I'm getting a feeling you used ridiculously low points of ban duration so it only seems reasonable to chose permanent ban vs a mere 2 week ban.

Although it doesn't matter to me because I feel a permanent ban is in order.

Normally, I'd insist on an IP ban too, however...

I feel a second chance is in order with extra eyes on his account.

I mean, you clearly knew what you were doing. Honestly, I BARELY have faith in any second chance... But you seem to have sincerely enough been convinced honestly is the only way to work. So I guess it could happen. Its not always about what you've done wrong but its what you've learned from it. Although its mostly what you've done wrong.

Don't get the wrong idea, I still shame you for it but I'm still gonna treat you like a regular player in all fairness :)
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby CandyNutJob » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:16 am

MasterYi wrote:Btw, lvl 170 isn't that much, could take max, max a month. And I would lvl and try again, for sure. No doubt.


Haha Yi, your on this level thing. If you truly know me, Im not about the level game. I started in the guild Business for a reason. Im all about the money game. Farming money as fast as possible without gaining too much experience.

With Barack I didnt really care for level. I cared about making my name known through out the community by helping people out, doing favors for others, making guides/lists for the game on the forums, being active on the forums, being really into the Obama by always using the real Obama to portray me, by offering 60% resale services for everyone, and most of all, standing out to the top players as a low level player.

Now how are these examples related to the money game? Only two of them really contribute to the money game. I was just explaining my look at the game. Anywway, one is helping people out, and the other was standing out to the top players as a low level. Standing out to the big dogs was where most of the money was going. It didnt kick in, until robby confirmed something about my money status, that people werent saving their money because they were buying books. After realizing that, thats when I saw another way to stand out. Play the same game, but buy books. This way, grinding slow and farming fast, I could get my stats up quick and not be that high of a level. By the time I would reached current leaderboard levels, my stats would of been just incredible. It never happened though. I had to go and try to cheat. Shame on me, but yea.

So the only thing for me to do now is, take a deep breath, stretch a little bit, and get ready for round 2. ;)
Image
User avatar
CandyNutJob
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby CandyNutJob » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:22 am

SlayerBlade wrote:Execution! His character is also god-modded from all the tickets he dupped, another reason a death sentence is needed. Have you seen the chaotic Dex it has?


Woah dude! Umm no! :lol:
Image
User avatar
CandyNutJob
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby r3v3r3nd » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:42 am

robby wrote:So I figured since he has been a big member of the community, we will let the community decide. Barack_Obama (CandyNutJob) has been a big member of the community and has bought tickets using legit money. However he has recently abused a ticket glitch and transferred the tickets to almost 10 - 20 accounts.

Vote on what you think should be done. This will help determine the outcome.


I support a full and permanent ban: IP, email, all accounts, everything. A temporary would possibly be ok if it was just some gold or items, but this is an item only acquired through real money. If someone goes into a business and gets caught stealing the arresting officers won't find an apology sufficient to walk away from it.

I would also keep records of him and anyone else doing similar acts so it can be distributed to other game owners.
Image
User avatar
r3v3r3nd
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Phoenix » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:54 am

I personally like Barack..
but a rule is a rule.. he broke it..
I don't seem he should be exempt from punishment if the rest of us wouldn't be.
Phoenix
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:07 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby BarrettM82A1 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:24 am

r3v3r3nd wrote:I support a full and permanent ban: IP, email, all accounts, everything. A temporary would possibly be ok if it was just some gold or items, but this is an item only acquired through real money.


I cannot agree more, there have been people IP banned for much lesser offenses than this,
People IP banned because of scamming, and duping tickets is much worse than scamming
I have no idea why people would vote for anything but permanent ban, for anything but an IP ban is much too generous
I mean, think of it this way:Is there any worse crime than duping tickets?
A second chance on his current account makes no sense.. did those scammers have a second chance?

I voted for permanent character ban, but there should be a category for IP ban..
Plus, he lied on the forum trying to get his account back
So, not only did he dupe tickets, but he also lied?

I am very sure that an IP ban should come to those who duplicate even 100k, much less duplicate thousands of tickets, wait no, TENS of thousands of tickets, each worth 10k? He threatened the life of this game, and for that, he should have a permanent ban, for this society has no need for cheaters or liars, and I see no reason why he should have privileges beyond those of non-paying members

It's funny, because just a week or so ago, I was thinking how great of a guy you were, giving 60% resale to all others...
I never knew you'd stoop so low as to take such an advantage over a glitch in the game
I mean, stealing 10-20 tickets? Quite understandable
but thousands of tickets? And transporting them to 10-20 alts? In no way does that deserve anything less than an IP ban, regardless of how much you spent on this game

I think Deej's comment sums it up pretty well
BarrettM82A1
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Mariofan1 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:39 am

_Conquest_ wrote:Strange how some polls get so many votes...Yet we only see certain people every day...


I know, It's like on that option to get me banned, there were I think 40 people to vote...




And In my opinion, me and barrack have has a few falling outs, but we're friends at the moment I think.

I do however take caution against dupers...

I think He should be banned on barrack, but all his payvault items he bought BEFORE he duped should be put onto peach.
User avatar
Mariofan1
 
Posts: 11366
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby _Conquest_ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:41 am

Right? 40 people in 1 vote? the most people online at once wasn't even that much...I know we have mor than 40 members but not 40+ active members...Can bots vote?

list of people I know are active on the forums:

1:Conquest
2:Mariofan1
3:Itblobboy
4:BarrettM82A1
5:Gregore
6:Darth
7:MasterYi
8:Contressa
9:Candynutjob
10:Naruto
11:MisoSoup247
12:R3v3r3nd
13:Sasuke
14:Machstomer
15:Robby
16:Gret
17:Deej
18:God
19:GOD_OF_PAIN
20:Phoenix
21:Plak&shlak
22:404
23:Ky327
24:Sankentyosu
25:Rutto-Kinda sorta...He was here for this post....
26:coke_na_rc
27:Madchafer
28-50:???-anyone who's been on in the past week? can anyone think of anything else?

Still not sure how that many people voted....
_Conquest_
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby southsideCali » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:48 am

r3v3r3nd wrote:
robby wrote:So I figured since he has been a big member of the community, we will let the community decide. Barack_Obama (CandyNutJob) has been a big member of the community and has bought tickets using legit money. However he has recently abused a ticket glitch and transferred the tickets to almost 10 - 20 accounts.

Vote on what you think should be done. This will help determine the outcome.


I support a full and permanent ban: IP, email, all accounts, everything. A temporary would possibly be ok if it was just some gold or items, but this is an item only acquired through real money. If someone goes into a business and gets caught stealing the arresting officers won't find an apology sufficient to walk away from it.

I would also keep records of him and anyone else doing similar acts so it can be distributed to other game owners.


speakin of abusin gliches wat shoud happen to all those people who abused carnlelia glich and made a massive unfair, unachievable gap in the leadin levels?
southsideCali
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:38 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby AquaDragon » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:51 am

I think Barack_Obama should get a temporary 24-hour UNban. Once the 24 hours are up, his account, not his IP, should be banned again. The reasoning behind this is because he at least gets to fix his mistake he has made by paying everyone back that he has sold tickets too. Sure, doing something like this is frowned upon, but he should at least get the chance to fix his mistake and say sorry to everyone he has caused trouble to.
AquaDragon
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Gregore » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:34 am

I dig what you're saying, AD- I personally think more communal energy should be focused on addressing the victims. I think an easier solution would be for Candy to hand over a list to robby about how much money who he owes to who (not tickets) and robby should make the shift.

In the real world, loss of property due to a crime is generally covered by insurance. Our economy hasn't evolved to that point yet. Luckily, this is a virtual world where any loss is easily compensated assuming robby involves himself.

I think we can all agree the victims aren't to be blamed for this. So forcing them to wait for their millions in order that the punishment might be harsher on Candy is cutting off our collective nose to spite our face- justice should involve punishing the victims along with the criminal when redress is so easily near at hand.
With Love,
Image

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
User avatar
Gregore
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby _Conquest_ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Can't rob just check trade logs or something instead of taking Peach/candy/Barack's word for it?
Nothing against you dude but you have lied a lot...
_Conquest_
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby SmilingFear » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:35 pm

southsideCali wrote:speakin of abusin gliches wat shoud happen to all those people who abused carnlelia glich and made a massive unfair, unachievable gap in the leadin levels?


Hmm I guess it's been long enough for me to throw in my two cents.
First of all, as to what I have quoted; So much this. Seeing players (r3v3r3nd, MasterYi) even talk about unfairness or abusing glitches in a negative manner is petty, redundant, and hypocritical. Stop. Just stop. You look ridiculous.

As for the Barack issue; Being one of the people he sold tickets to (the tickets were removed, my money was essentially dumped into nothing) I'm still gonna say that an IP/Perma ban is a little much. Part of the reason I say this is because I'm pretty sure Barack has supported this game by buying tickets more than anyone (there may be a few people that have bought more,-the active sellers- like Caefer) but for Robby to rob (huehue, Robby the robber) Barack of not only the time he's invested into getting that character to where it is, but also of the money he's invested into the game, he's no better than Barack who basically attempted to steal money from Robby in a way. I won't go into why, because for you not to realize it without me explaining it is... Yeah, but for the head of the game to display such hypocrisy it would not only look bad for him, but would also get a negative stigma attached to the game itself (think about it, Barack was one of the first "uber"-popular characters not on account of his level. If he gets perma banned for this, tales -or whatever you'd like to deem them- of him will continue and the event will not go unnoticed or get forgotten.) Had the duped tickets actually resulted in a breaking of the economy then yes, of course he should have gotten banned (and even IP banned at that point, in my opinion). However this is not the case. The duped tickets were removed, and the event only served as a money dump/black hole (which actually strengthens the economy, but to give Barack props for that would be crossing the line :P)

I voted for a two week ban, and mind you, that is only because there was no longer option besides for the perma.
(inb4 mad scrubs quoting me and me not replying to or even reading the comments :D)
Image
User avatar
SmilingFear
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Deej » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:47 pm

SmilingFear wrote:but for Robby to rob (huehue, Robby the robber) Barack of not only the time he's invested into getting that character to where it is, but also of the money he's invested into the game, he's no better than Barack who basically attempted to steal money from Robby in a way. I won't go into why, because for you not to realize it without me explaining it is... Yeah, but for the head of the game to display such hypocrisy it would not only look bad for him, but would also get a negative stigma attached to the game itself


Robby would not be wrongfully removing anything from CandyNutJob. He exploited Helmet Heroes which is in direct violation of the ToS. If you truly believe this, you have either not read the Terms of Service, or you do not understand them. You would also be saying that it looks bad for every game that has ever banned a customer.
Deej
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:48 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby SmilingFear » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Deej wrote:Robby would not be wrongfully removing anything from CandyNutJob. He exploited Helmet Heroes which is in direct violation of the ToS. If you truly believe this, you have either not read the Terms of Service, or you do not understand them. You would also be saying that it looks bad for every game that has ever banned a customer.


Whether I read them or not is questionable... ;D
But no, to say that I would also be saying such is simply wrong. This situation is different. After he suffered the initial punishment of having his main character banned, he messaged Robby letting him know that he was about to invest more money into the game on his alt, and requested that if an IP ban was coming he be made aware. IP banning Barack after it appears that he already suffered the punishment, and after he's invested more money into the game is blatant theft. To argue otherwise is... Well, I have a few words that would work but I'll keep them to myself.

If you can present me with the part of the ToS that states that Robby can split a punishment up into multiple parts after a given amount of time has passed as a means of milking as much money out of a player as possible before ridding of him, then I apologize for my ignorance. But show me. :)
Last edited by SmilingFear on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
SmilingFear
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby _Conquest_ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Nobody abides by the terms of service anyhow, I made a whole list of people just with usernames in violation of the Tos and not a thing has been done! I'll bring it up to the top.
_Conquest_
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Deej » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:28 pm

SmilingFear wrote:If you can present me with the part of the ToS that states that Robby can split a punishment up into multiple parts after a given amount of time has passed as a means of milking as much money out of a player as possible before ridding of him, then I apologize for my ignorance. But show me. :)


The ToS reads as follows:

While using "Helmet Heroes (The Adventure Begins)", you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to take any actions we deem necessary and appropriate to preserve the integrity of "Helmet Heroes (The Adventure Begins)". We further reserve the right to determine what conduct is outside the "spirit" of the Service and games provided therein.

The part that says "We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to take any actions we deem necessary and appropriate" is the part you're asking for. If that is what is deemed appropriate, so be it. However, you already know that he has not been IP banned, and the pool is for the Barack_Obama ban vote, not the Barack_Obama IP ban vote.
Deej
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:48 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby SmilingFear » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Deej wrote:The ToS reads as follows:

While using "Helmet Heroes (The Adventure Begins)", you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to take any actions we deem necessary and appropriate to preserve the integrity of "Helmet Heroes (The Adventure Begins)". We further reserve the right to determine what conduct is outside the "spirit" of the Service and games provided therein.

The part that says "We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to take any actions we deem necessary and appropriate" is the part you're asking for. If that is what is deemed appropriate, so be it. However, you already know that he has not been IP banned, and the pool is for the Barack_Obama ban vote, not the Barack_Obama IP ban vote.


Ahh righty right, I don't doubt for a second that that's legit. I appreciate the quick reply too~
And yes, I said what I said because he was not originally IP banned along with his Barack character. Had he received the full IP ban to begin with, the "Robby the robber" joke would not have come up. However since what is known to be his main character suffered the ban, and he had not received an IP ban at the same time, combined with the fact that he made Robby aware that he was pumping more money into the game on another character, if he were to suffer an IP ban at this point I'd have a hard (if not impossible) time of not viewing Robby as a thief. In which case he'd be no better than Barack (unless he refunded), which seems odd as in that scenario he went as far as to IP ban Barack for something he himself is also guilty of in a certain sense.

But you're right, I was not aware that such could be found in the ToS and again I appreciate you relaying that information to me as quickly as you did.
Image
User avatar
SmilingFear
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Deej » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:05 pm

SmilingFear wrote:In which case he'd be no better than Barack (unless he refunded), which seems odd as in that scenario he went as far as to IP ban Barack for something he himself is also guilty of in a certain sense.

But you're right, I was not aware that such could be found in the ToS and again I appreciate you relaying that information to me as quickly as you did.


Robby tries his hardest to be as fair as he can. If he were to IP ban after the initial ban (I find it unlikely at this point in time) of his other characters, I have no doubt that he would refund the money spent after the initial character ban at the cost of that account(s) losing the perks purchased, if requested. (Characters made at the IP that are not banned could still be played, just not from his regular IP thus possibly resulting in him wanting to keep the purchases).

You're welcome. I try to stay on top of posts so that I am not overwhelmed later. It helps being able to use my smartphone. But just in case you want to read it in the ToS yourself, the section I quoted is the 3rd block of text after the block of text numbered 8 I believe.
Deej
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:48 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby Mr_Kupido » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:17 pm

PrincessPeach Is Barack_Obama .. Sir Robby .
User avatar
Mr_Kupido
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:26 pm
Location: laguna

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby RoySamuels » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Mr_Kupido wrote:PrincessPeach Is Barack_Obama .. Sir Robby .


Everyone is well aware of that, Sr. Mr_Kupido.
User avatar
RoySamuels
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:29 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby r3v3r3nd » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:34 pm

southsideCali wrote:
r3v3r3nd wrote:
robby wrote:So I figured since he has been a big member of the community, we will let the community decide. Barack_Obama (CandyNutJob) has been a big member of the community and has bought tickets using legit money. However he has recently abused a ticket glitch and transferred the tickets to almost 10 - 20 accounts.

Vote on what you think should be done. This will help determine the outcome.


I support a full and permanent ban: IP, email, all accounts, everything. A temporary would possibly be ok if it was just some gold or items, but this is an item only acquired through real money. If someone goes into a business and gets caught stealing the arresting officers won't find an apology sufficient to walk away from it.

I would also keep records of him and anyone else doing similar acts so it can be distributed to other game owners.


speakin of abusin gliches wat shoud happen to all those people who abused carnlelia glich and made a massive unfair, unachievable gap in the leadin levels?


First, doing so had nothing to do with a real dollar value. Second, Robby was aware about it as it wasn't a glitch.
Image
User avatar
r3v3r3nd
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby CandyNutJob » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:46 pm

r3v3r3nd wrote:
southsideCali wrote:speakin of abusin gliches wat shoud happen to all those people who abused carnlelia glich and made a massive unfair, unachievable gap in the leadin levels?


First, doing so had nothing to do with a real dollar value. Second, Robby was aware about it as it wasn't a glitch.


It was a glitch. It wouldnt of been fixed if it wasnt. The difference is that you guys didnt know it was a glitch when abusing it and I knew what I was doing was a glitch and decided to abuse it. And yes, both are on two different levels.
Image
User avatar
CandyNutJob
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Barack_Obama ban vote

Postby itblobboy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:55 pm

I would like to say something.

The "I didn't know it was a glitch" excuse is almost never acceptable, because it is usually very clear that something is a glitch if it is a glitch...

So its hardly acceptable either way.

Another way of putting it is, "If you try to do something wrong, its your fault. If you didn't try to do what you did wrong, you're stupid and your stupidity isn't our fault, it's yours."

To be blunt, anyways.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

PreviousNext

Return to Report Player/Abuse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest