I'm going to make some issues clear here.

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

I'm going to make some issues clear here.

Postby NSN » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:10 am

Recently, as well as in the past, players get angry over the fact they don't pick up their loot. If your inventory is full that is your own fault and you should check it from time to time to clear out junk items. If you don't pick up an item you have a certain amount of time before it opens to all players. At that time the loot is fair game for anyone to pick up. Don't be rude, don't curse, and don't report someone because you didn't pick up an item.

This was taken like 5 minutes ago after I picked up a helmet and then he stated to "I can take u, try to pick up an item" -__-

As for Caefer and most players they know I'm friendly and talkative, until you start to annoy me with issues like this. There's no reason to be rude because you get mad at another player.

I really hope everyone reads this.
Attachments
Hhelmet.png
Hhelmet.png (51.63 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
NSN

Re: I'm going to make some issues clear here.

Postby SlapThatChicken » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:15 am

I had taken players coin drops when they died, only seen one ask in a kindly manner to give it back when I knew he drop his, well, I jokingly said something but gave it back to him anyways cause least he did ask kindly, I respect that despite all the ridiculous competition over kills and drops atm.

If this guy would have done the same based on how you are, probably could have worked something out but yea, rude comments? Yep, I wouldn't like that either.
SlapThatChicken

Postby Naruto » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:15 am

From Ky's thread: "Banning in an Online Multiplayer Game."

Ky372 wrote:2) Item-stealing

A bigger controversy than Kill-stealing way back when. It used to be that when a monster was killed, the drops were free-reign. So if you killed a monster and its loot fell to a lower level, you best hope that no one is down there and that you can get to it before someone else did. Then Robby implemented the XP division. Everyone was happy, until they realized loot was still free-reign. Then Robby finally listened to the numerous threads of complaints and implemented a 4-second timer for loot and money drops. This meant that the person to get the highest amount of damage on the monster was given a safety net of 4 seconds to grab the loot before anyone else could even try and pick it up. This is where we stand today.

Now then, is Item-stealing worthy of a ban? Absolutely NOT! Firstly, 4 seconds is a huge amount of time to be given. If you don't pick up your items in that amount of time, people can only assume you do not want the drop. But Ky, what if my inventory is full and I can't pick it up, or can't drop an item and then pick it up fast enough? Well, I'm sorry, but that's still your fault. I monitor my inventory and am well aware of when I'm getting close to being full. Rarely will you see me not be able to pick up an item (unless it's at Carnelia since those lower tier monsters have massive drop rates). But Ky, whenever i drop an item right next to the loot item, I pick up my dropped item instead, it's not fair that I have to walk away from the loot item, drop my item, and then pick up the loot item. Again, your issue is inventory space, as to which you should be monitoring. With the 4-second safety buffer, that should give you ample time to get to your loot and pick it up. If you do not pick it up, it is free-reign.

NSN, you're not in the wrong here, kakai is.
Naruto

Postby NSN » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:34 am

I know. I would have if he could ask nicely. I give coins back all the time.

My computer shut down as soon as I took a screen shot of him calling me an "Idiot" and telling Bhane Not to let me get a kill.

I was being nice about this and he....well you can see how he's acting.
NSN

Postby itblobboy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:37 am

I completely agree, you are under no obligation to return the loot. Every player has the full and whole right to steal all the loot they please.

Instead, it is the responsibility of kakai to spread the word that you have stolen loot and refuse the loot and aren't very nice to be grinding with. Obviously it is frowned upon because nobody likes their loot stolen, so it's going to have negative results in our little Helmet Heroes society. That provides the community with the choice to accept you or shun you, letting the players determine their own punishment (I don't know what to expect from people) or really whatever they want to do on the matter if they care.

Generally, based on how much I personally care, my reaction is completely off the charts in variety. Hell, I've loot stolen before. Almost exclusively noobs and scrubs that I especially don't like, but I have. :roll:

But, if he lacks the decensy to not immediately attempt offending you for looting it, the most I care to do is type in text that I spritz you with a windex bottle full of water. Although, I might care more if it's worth a lot because that's something I would probably get worked up about too :lol:

BTW, MSpaint protip: When you crop everything else out, go to the mid-bottom and mid-right and size down all the extra white in the image. Seriously, that picture is enormous :|
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Dosko » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:04 am

Let him moan and complain, you got the goods fair and square. Ky pretty much nailed this issue already.
Dosko

Postby NSN » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:13 am

The only thing I don't get is I ran through killing, then came back and picked it up. He even dropped items and called me a looter. It's your job to keep track of everything on your account.

I'm fairly nice to grind with but that's not the point here. Lol
NSN

Postby MajesticOne » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:32 am

Damn right! I sometimes lootsteal and that's how I met Mario
MajesticOne

Postby kakai » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:13 am

I just make it clear this issue about me and NSN... I know how to respect people and all players in helmet heroes...you know that's is mine what you take, we are 2 person in that room,,,i asking with you nicely, but what you said,YOU CAN PICK IT UP EVERYTHING WHAT YOU WANT EVEN NOT YOURS, THATS WHY YOU DO 2 TIMES WITH ME IN A SAME HOURS, so i said im going to ask my leader {caefer} about what you said to me...
that is a rude what im doing to you??? i don't like to arguing to you so im out that room go to other room but what you do,,,you following me there and the same what you do, you hit what i hit repguana so that means you like trouble...im playing there with others players bfore you enter that room server 1 but nothing trouble... SO i tell to bhaen but he told me just egnore it play here in server 2...but how can i egnore you? you follow me in server2,think if that is my fault.,,
kakai

Postby YinFO » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:36 am

Everyone let me give you some advice, there are not really in game moderators yet. Forget all of this happened.. seriously its just a game. the loot is not as important as friendships and feelings. You are all your own here you all have responsibility.
there is no-one to monitor you or to guide you or to remind you of what is sensible and what isn't.

Lets not make issues over small things like this. we should try to value the other living human being person more than the loot. Every-time we can do a good thing like ignore something move away, or just take a break from the game and not stress over any politics we can be very proud of our selves it's not always easy. Sometimes we all snap. But no-one enjoys a game where we have enemy's. Let's remember the community spirit. can I ask everyone to try to forgive someone that has annoyed you in the game recently or in real life.

Thanks for reading.
YinFO

Postby Shubhank » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:05 am

You are worng NSN, kakai is right, U picked her item and she asked u nicely to return her items byt u got mad and saying that she is rude? Its not fair... He earned that items by her hard work, and u picked it up... U must return her.
Whatever you do always give 100% ….. Unless you are donating blood :)
Shubhank

Postby MasterYi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:31 am

kakai wrote:I just make it clear this issue about me and NSN... I know how to respect people and all players in helmet heroes...you know that's is mine what you take, we are 2 person in that room,,,i asking with you nicely, but what you said,YOU CAN PICK IT UP EVERYTHING WHAT YOU WANT EVEN NOT YOURS, THATS WHY YOU DO 2 TIMES WITH ME IN A SAME HOURS, so i said im going to ask my leader {caefer} about what you said to me...
that is a rude what im doing to you??? i don't like to arguing to you so im out that room go to other room but what you do,,,you following me there and the same what you do, you hit what i hit repguana so that means you like trouble...im playing there with others players bfore you enter that room server 1 but nothing trouble... SO i tell to bhaen but he told me just egnore it play here in server 2...but how can i egnore you? you follow me in server2,think if that is my fault.,,

I don't know anything about this really but, we can't see the whole chat, nor can we know what really happened. Maybe NSN followed kakai around, and intentionally followed her to the other server, and continued with loot stealing. This is just a possibility,but my point is that we can't know for sure what happend, ya'll just went along with NSNs version right away.

Edit: And Yinfo is right, this is not that big of a deal.. And kakai didn't seem very rude to me. :?
Last edited by MasterYi on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi

Postby Shubhank » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:13 am

U are right MasterYi...
Whatever you do always give 100% ….. Unless you are donating blood :)
Shubhank

Postby Drewness » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:46 am

itblobboy wrote:BTW, MSpaint protip: When you crop everything else out, go to the mid-bottom and mid-right and size down all the extra white in the image. Seriously, that picture is enormous :|

Once again, I find one of itblobboy's comments that I have to quote. Why? Because it's freaking hilarious! :lol:
Code: Select all
  ___  ___ _____      ___  _ ___ ___ ___
 |   \| _ \ __\ \    / / \| | __/ __/ __|
 | |) |   / _| \ \/\/ /| .` | _|\__ \__ \
 |___/|_|_\___| \_/\_/ |_|\_|___|___/___/
Drewness

Postby Mariofan1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:48 am

Shubhank wrote:You are worng NSN, kakai is right, U picked her item and she asked u nicely to return her items byt u got mad and saying that she is rude? Its not fair... He earned that items by her hard work, and u picked it up... U must return her.

Although many dislike loot stealing, it's part of the game. I don't see her asking nicely there, except sarcasm and such. It may not be fair, but life's not fair. Items are easy to obtain, he doesn't have to return anything
How to make a signature
Questions? PM or; Contact me on Discord: FstMario#5153
Mariofan1

Postby TheTylerLee » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:09 am

I thought the issue was made clear when i seen there was a skill called "Loot Steal". That let me know how the developers felt about this situation.

Knights with max loot steal is the only thing that can get me to server hop lol.. Sometimes they get some 20k+ Drops from me but not often... You just gotta learn to instantly pickup all loot. It's easy to get all your loot as a knight/mage.

This is directed to any readers who dislike loot stealing
TheTylerLee_1 in game
TheTylerLee

Postby Drewness » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:32 am

TheTylerLee wrote:I thought the issue was made clear when i seen there was a skill called "Loot Steal". That let me know how the developers felt about this situation.

I agree completely. I may not like it at times, but I certainly would not label it as "cheating" or "unfair".
Code: Select all
  ___  ___ _____      ___  _ ___ ___ ___
 |   \| _ \ __\ \    / / \| | __/ __/ __|
 | |) |   / _| \ \/\/ /| .` | _|\__ \__ \
 |___/|_|_\___| \_/\_/ |_|\_|___|___/___/
Drewness

Postby M668 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:29 pm

MasterYi wrote:

Your guildmate's (lastmage) friend (KoreanSkangaroo) 'steals a lot.
M668

Postby MasterYi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:37 pm

M668 wrote:
MasterYi wrote:

I can't see a lot of proof in your comment, and what does that have to do with anything?

MasterYi

Postby SmilingFear » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:43 pm

I hate it when people take my loot. I earned the item and someone feels they deserve it more than me because I made the simple mistake of not constantly checking how full my inventory was. That being said, having your loot stolen is a part of pretty much any online game you'll ever play of this manner. Even more-so helmet heroes, as there's a literal loot steal skill. If you're going to cry about an aspect of a game, you shouldn't be playing that game. The general rule of thumb is that if you don't want any of your loot stolen, don't kill anything that drops anything worth stealing. Having your loot stolen sucks. Pout for a second if you need to, and then get over it and move on.
SmilingFear

Postby SmilingFear » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:47 pm

MasterYi wrote:
M668 wrote:
MasterYi wrote:

I can't see a lot of proof in your comment, and what does that have to do with anything?

Don't be that guy, Yi. You're indirectly pulling a whiny 12-year-olds "pics or it didn't happen" ridiculousness. Certain players are known for certain things. You should've kept to the topic and left it with only the second part of your comment.
(>Inb4 "hypocrite!!!" I know, everybody is a hypocrite.)
Just making a quick edit to bold the above, and to say that if you have a personal comment towards me that you should PM me and not disrupt the flow of the thread. ^_^
Last edited by SmilingFear on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmilingFear

Postby MasterYi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:31 pm

Yeah, no. Deal with it.

You might want to pm me next time when you have a personal off topic meaning about my comment, lets stick to the topic now.

Edit: This was a answer to Smiling's post above me.
Last edited by MasterYi on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MasterYi

Postby itblobboy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:34 pm

SmilingFear wrote:Don't be that guy, Yi. You're indirectly pulling a whiny 12-year-olds "pics or it didn't happen" ridiculousness. Certain players are known for certain things. You should've kept to the topic and left it with only the second part of your comment.
(>Inb4 "hypocrite!!!" I know, everybody is a hypocrite.)

To add to this, they have been mentioned on other threads with other sources I recall.

Maybe you could check there for pics that happened. I would, but it doesn't concern me. I'd rather work on CoaN. ;)
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby NSN » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:52 pm

No. My version ,which is screen shot, is what actually happened.

I picked up them item, she/he said "that's not yours so why did you pick it up" and continued with this. Pestering is what I'd go with here.

Please guys, give your opinions on weather I'm in the clear or not. I know I'm right in this situation and that's all that really matters. This was just for laughs.

As for asking nicely..... No. Calling me an idiot and telling BHAEN to keep me from getting kills isn't exactly what I call nice. Also following? I stay on server 1 and only server 1. The only place I went to yesterday was Vipers shop, PVP, The sanctum, and trading district. I don't think I could "steal loot" in any of those places.
After kakai and BHAENE left it was only Character who was in the sanctum with me.

Venom is one player who can verify this. So continue with the story of me following you. I may just change my forum name to Sherlock Holmes while I'm at it. I don't cause trouble, I don't argue, and I don't loot steal. However, I have no problem making petty arguments like this public. I've covered this topic with Rob before.
NSN

Postby itblobboy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:44 pm

NSN wrote:Please guys, give your opinions on weather I'm in the clear or not.

From a scale of 1-10, 10 being 'crystal clear' and 1 being clay brick wall, you're a 4-- blurry silhousette. You didn't really offer a significant portion of the chat history.
itblobboy

Next

Return to General