What Lett Should Your Guild Start With?

Talk about Guild related stuff here.

What Lett Should Your Guild Start With?

Postby Waffleaffle » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Does it matter what letter your guild name starts with? The guild list is alphabetized, so maybe!

I'm think if a guild name starts with A, B, C, or D, more people will look at it. They also might get bored before they get to the W range. On the other hand, what if someone starts from the end (like I sometimes do)? Would M be the least noticed, then?

There are some people who are super devoted to reading all of the guilds, and in that case it doesn't make a difference but... not many people do that.

I'm not really sure, and I want to know what other people think.
Fish for Breakfast!
Waffleaffle

Re: What Lett Should Your Guild Start With?

Postby ArnoldElfman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:22 pm

I think that all makes sense for relatively unknown guilds. There are several guilds that are well known so it doesn't matter much what letter they start with. If you're actively recruiting for your guild then the new prospects will know which guild to look for when they go in. I think the lower level players that are just going in to the hall looking for a guild might not be the players you want in your guild anyway.

These thoughts are my own and do not reflect the thoughts of my guild, Click to Talk.
ArnoldElfman

Postby Plantoid » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:21 pm

I guess most people looking on the guild list are either looking for a particular guild or checking their own. But I spent a bunch of time looking at all of them, so I know it can be a pretty long time before you get through all of them. Some people might not have the patience. But it might not matter too much because the guilds that are well known everybody knows the names of anyway.
Plantoid

Postby Waffleaffle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:27 pm

Plantoid wrote:I spent a bunch of time looking at all of them, so I know it can be a pretty long time before you get through all of them. Some people might not have the patience. But it might not matter too much because the guilds that are well known everybody knows the names of anyway.

That's true, it does take a long time. I've read them all in bits and pieces. I'm talking about if you wanted to start a guild and was worried no one would look at it.

If you already have a name you want for your guild in mind that's not at the start or end of the list, my best tip would be to make your description interesting...

Well, I just like talking about guild stuff. :P
Fish for Breakfast!
Waffleaffle

Postby itblobboy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:33 pm

If you want your guild to be noticed, title it 111111111 [Guild name].
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Stabber » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:48 pm

What about 0000000?
Stabber

Postby Tomatha » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:15 pm

You've doomed us all... now someone will be FORCED to make a guild named "007 James Bond"

Do you expect me to talk?
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby machstormer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Tomatha wrote:You've doomed us all... now someone will be FORCED to make a guild named "007 James Bond"

NO, MR. TOMATHA, I EXPECT YOU TO DIE!
Image "The LAST thing I want to do is hurt you.......but it IS on my list" :twisted:
machstormer

Postby Waffleaffle » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Yup, someone made a guild called 00000000... then there's the guild 0000 :P . I'm not sure if they're still there though...
Fish for Breakfast!
Waffleaffle

Postby Mariofan1 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:07 pm

I think it matters with spaces and such now. I mean, there's a guild called "young blood empire". You wouldn't see people scroll all the way down saying ~"Oh look! young block empire! Better join that!"

They would usually be quite low levels joining the first guilds they see.

Like for mine as an example, "Zhe Creatures", It has a couple of spaces just so people would notice the group, something I regret after seeing I have to go to the guild house every day just to deny levels 1-15 people.
Last edited by Mariofan1 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mariofan1

Postby itblobboy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Tomatha wrote:You've doomed us all... now someone will be FORCED to make a guild named "007 James Bond"

Nobody did it yet.

I guess the world is safe.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby MentallyMIA » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:45 am

It never mattered to me.

I notice guilds because of the guild flags I see running around. You see enough of the same guild flag or enough people talking about the same guild you get curious.

Personally, I've never really spent much time going through the names at the Guild House - I've observed guild names when I see people actively.
MentallyMIA

Return to Guilds