Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby zxdvas » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:54 am

I orginally wanted to find out how tall our character is.
However,I noticed a flaw when apporaching using two different methods.

In order to find out the hight of our character,
we need to have some standard unit in-game.
There are two reliable methods currently.
@1:Compare our character to an enemy and calculate by proportion.
@2:Measure the distance when running for a perid of time and calculate by proportion.
I will explain them seperately.

-------------------------------------------

@1
I chose yeti as it is more human-like and therefore easier to compare.
height comparison of yeti.jpg
height comparison of yeti.jpg (37.76 KiB) Viewed 3249 times

As you can see,a yeti is about 2.1 times of our height.
height of yeti.jpg
height of yeti.jpg (31.63 KiB) Viewed 3249 times

According to the hero-pedia,
a yeti is 10.1 feet tall.
I am more familiar to metres and seconds so I will switch them to these units.

10.1 feet
=10.1*0.3048
=3.07848 m

By comparing to yeti,

3.07848/2.1
=1.4659 m

Therefore,our character is 1.47m tall if compared to yeti.

-------------------------------------------

@2
This is very easy to understand if you know speed=distance/time
We already have the speed displayed to us in profile.
We only have to count the time passed to know to know how far we travelled.
Note that we assume that our speed is uniform throughtout the journey.
That is true considering the mechanics of this game.

I chose Snowy Flats because its flat floor.
There might be better choices but anyway.
I ran from left to right.
starting line 3.jpg
starting line 3.jpg (164.28 KiB) Viewed 3249 times

I start counting when I reach the left side of the item slot machine.
Last edited by zxdvas on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lighten your heart, brighten your world, as always.
User avatar
zxdvas
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:47 am

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportion Quantities

Postby zxdvas » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:56 am

finishing line 2.jpg
finishing line 2.jpg (148.99 KiB) Viewed 3248 times

I stop counting when I reach the left side of the right stand of the danger sign.
I conducted the experiment ten times and here are the results.

All time is in second unit.

5.986
5.967
5.923
5.938
5.925
5.960
5.939
5.939
5.922
5.979

I calculated the average
which is 5.9478 seconds.

speed.jpg
speed.jpg (6.3 KiB) Viewed 3248 times

At that time,I had 6.705 mph.

6.705 mph
=6.705*1.609 kmph
=10.788*1000/3600 ms^-1
=2.9967
=3.00 ms^-1

length between starting line and finishing line lower quality.jpg
length between starting line and finishing line lower quality.jpg (221.1 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

As shown above,
the distance between the starting line and finishing line is about 15.6 times of our characters' height.
Distance travelled=2.9967*5.9478
=17.824 m

17.824/15.6
=1.1426 m

By using physical method,
Our character is about 1.14 m tall.

-------------------------------------------

Well,obviously the final answer is very different.
Although there are errors occurred throughout both methods,
it is still too significant to conclude it using this excuse.

To fix this,we can either lower the height of yeti or increase the numeral speed.
Note that we only have to change a number to get the job done.
It won't result in increased movement speed nor shorten enemies.

But really,even I think I went a bit far to analyse all these.
Therefore,I am not really making a suggestion.
I am just posting something for reference use and maybe a good laugh.

(I hit the limit of attachment so I had to divide it into two posts)
Lighten your heart, brighten your world, as always.
User avatar
zxdvas
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:47 am

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby Y.L. » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:09 am

math.
Image
Y.L.
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:06 am
Location: US

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby itblobboy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:22 am

I think the Sasquatches hair isn't in the collision box.

sasquatch hair is fabulous.png
sasquatch hair is fabulous.png (54.22 KiB) Viewed 3225 times


Your red bar needs to go down a little bit.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby zxdvas » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:44 am

itblobboy wrote:I think the Sasquatches hair isn't in the collision box.


I see what you mean.
However,it is not included in the collision box
does not mean it is not considered when measuring how tall it is.
Therefore,I don't quite see the connection between your statement and conclusion.

If we assume it is true,
it would mean that its height is now equal fewer unit of our character.
It results in higher character height which makes the difference even larger.
Lighten your heart, brighten your world, as always.
User avatar
zxdvas
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:47 am

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby itblobboy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:50 am

Well I figured the collision box lines up with the height (how high the collision box goes = height of monster) but seeing as it just makes things worse it still leads to a problem :lol:
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby killerkonnat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:20 am

zxdvas wrote:
itblobboy wrote:I think the Sasquatches hair isn't in the collision box.


I see what you mean.
However,it is not included in the collision box
does not mean it is not considered when measuring how tall it is.
Therefore,I don't quite see the connection between your statement and conclusion.

If we assume it is true,
it would mean that its height is now equal fewer unit of our character.
It results in higher character height which makes the difference even larger.


If you include the tuft of hair in the height, then I'm 0,54 yetis tall. (=1,66m)

Image
IGN: killerkonnat
killerkonnat
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby Stabber » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 am

You should probably redo your measurements with a bald character to get a better height estimate.
User avatar
Stabber
 
Posts: 973
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby SlayerBlade » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:46 am

This is a sign we need some new content quickly.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
User avatar
SlayerBlade
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby zxdvas » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:49 am

Stabber wrote:You should probably redo your measurements with a bald character to get a better height estimate.


That is a good suggestion so I did it.
height comparison of yeti 2.jpg
height comparison of yeti 2.jpg (81.42 KiB) Viewed 3182 times

A yeti is now about 2.6 times of character's height.

3.07848/2.6
=1.1840

The character is now 1.18m tall if compared to yeti.

length between starting line and finishing line 2 lower quality.jpg
length between starting line and finishing line 2 lower quality.jpg (177.61 KiB) Viewed 3182 times

The length between starting line and finishing line is now about 19.2 times of character's height.

17.824/19.2
=0.92833

The character is now 0.928m tall if by physical method.

----------------------------------

Well...
It seems it still does not sound right.
Maybe I can calculate a height to make both result equal.
But the problem still prevails.

----------------------------------

I can only find two equations but there are three unknowns.
I can't solve it myself.
Since it is not that important,
I guess I can only leave it for now and work on something else.
Last edited by zxdvas on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lighten your heart, brighten your world, as always.
User avatar
zxdvas
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:47 am

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby killerkonnat » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:36 am

zxdvas wrote:
Stabber wrote:You should probably redo your measurements with a bald character to get a better height estimate.


*snip*


Have you checked the proportions of the other monsters compared to the yetis? Maybe the head is NOT actually a part of the yeti and is an alien parasite leeching their life essence.
IGN: killerkonnat
killerkonnat
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby Wall » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:57 am

I don't know what you say but I will state the character at 5 feet tall.
Image
User avatar
Wall
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:47 am

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby killerkonnat » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:28 am

There's definitely something wrong. With the new jump skill maxed out I'm able to (barely) jump over yetis without getting hit. The skill says the jump height is 8.75 while the height of yetis is supposed to be 10.1 Thus we can assume the yetis are actually below 8.75 feet in height.
How does the math stack up for running speed if we assume the yetis are for example 8.7 feettall?

Image
IGN: killerkonnat
killerkonnat
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby itblobboy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:31 am

ROOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby zxdvas » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:07 pm

killerkonnat wrote:How does the math stack up for running speed if we assume the yetis are for example 8.7 feettall?


hm...you mean what would the running speed be if we assume yetis are 8.7 feet?

Well,since there are now many quantities.
It would be helpful if you specific which are you talking.
I can provide a formula for calculating the height so you can put all the quantities to find the answer.

Height=yeti's height/yeti equals how many of you in terms of height
Height=(time used for travelling a distance*speed)/the distance equals how many of you in terms of height

Mathematically,
H=h/Q
H=vt/q
Lighten your heart, brighten your world, as always.
User avatar
zxdvas
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:47 am

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby Stabber » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:45 pm

I would do tests with magic projectile distances.
User avatar
Stabber
 
Posts: 973
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby killerkonnat » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:55 pm

zxdvas wrote:hm...you mean what would the running speed be if we assume yetis are 8.7 feet?


Well that's exactly what I was talking about
IGN: killerkonnat
killerkonnat
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: Dimensional Contradiction and Disproportional Quantities

Postby zxdvas » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:01 am

killerkonnat wrote:With the new jump skill maxed out I'm able to (barely) jump over yetis without getting hit. The skill says the jump height is 8.75 while the height of yetis is supposed to be 10.1 Thus we can assume the yetis are actually below 8.75 feet in height.


After some thinking,I noticed something worths mentioning.
This may be a shock to you,but you can jump over something does not mean you can jump higher than its height.
This is important especially when you are spinning.

We have to introduce the concept of centre of gravity.
Lets say centre of gravity is the point which we can assume the gravity applies on an object.
character spinning.jpg
character spinning.jpg (16.39 KiB) Viewed 3069 times

We are spinning when in air.It would be difficult to measure the jump height without centre of gravity.
If we jump vertically,centre of gravity lies on a straight line throughout the jump.
jump height demonstration.jpg
jump height demonstration.jpg (74.86 KiB) Viewed 3069 times

(the red cross might not be the centre of gravity of the character)
The vertical increase is our jump height.
As you can see,centre of gravity is above the ground even when we standing.
Therefore,you can jump over something does not mean you can jump higher than its height.

Additional information:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_of_gravity
Lighten your heart, brighten your world, as always.
User avatar
zxdvas
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:47 am


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests