I'm done.

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

I'm done.

Postby Xaivian » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:51 pm

I attack a monster to see if I'm able to kill it, hits me for more than half of my HP while standing in a portal. I mash the down button to go back, due to the movement delay I can't. After furious mashing, I managed to get away only to see my character dead, losing half of money; which isn't easy to get as a new player. Although I have a lot more money in the ATM, I've lost my will to play anymore. I'm done, I quit.
Xaivian
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Re: I'm done.

Postby Sasuke » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Is this meant to be a complaint?
Image

~Nya!
User avatar
Sasuke
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:58 am
Location: Living peacefully in Snowy Flats, stalking the fabled Ice Blade of the Gods.

Re: I'm done.

Postby _Conquest_ » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:26 pm

i know, it's a real shame. i just lost 90k to some great frogs.
can i have you're money then?
_Conquest_
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Re: I'm done.

Postby bloodstrikez » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:39 pm

You can only kill certain monsters at certain level. It's slow process but I hope this guide helps. If you need to sell anything, preferable item value around more than $100, for normal players, we sell stuff back to shop at 35% value, go find some resellers, people who has 60% resale, they will offer you their service by buying stuff at around 50%-60%, depends on what u have, use wiki for price reference.

Naruto wrote:Awesome guide!!! :D Also, just a little suggestion, but would it be possible to set up an area guide for lower levels? E.g.:

Levels 1-10: Grind at Green Bouncers and Green Walkers for exp and cash.
Levels 11-20: Grind at Red Bouncers for exp and cash.
Levels 21-30: Grind at Orange Crazies, Horned Monster or Blue Ball- I mean Mushroom Balls for exp and cash.
Levels 31-40: Grind at Pumpkins, Bouncing Mushrooms, Yellow Puff Monsters for exp and cash.
Levels 41-50: Grind at Plant Monsters, Penguins and Goo cubes for exp and cash.
Levels 51-100: Grind at Great Frogs, Block Bots for exp and cash.
Levels 101-150: Grind at Nightstalkers and Sasquatches for exp and cash.
Levels 151-250: Grind at Brick Monsters or Drillbots for exp and cash.
Levels 251-300: Grind at Lotus Eyes for exp and cash.
Levels 300+: Grind at Lotus Eyes and Beholders. Or if you are a lower level, you could still try to grind these guys but there is a high risk of fatal injury and death, unless you're a mage with over 1000 Magic, archer with over 1000 range and warrior with over 1000 strength. Also preferable to have over 1000 defense as these guys hit pretty hard.

This is just a little suggestion and I understand that some of the level values might be wrong but I thought it'd just be helpful as some low levels run into high level areas, die and then get mad, so hopefully this helps them out. :) :lol:


Don't be so mean to new players, sometimes i want to quit too. Seriously, you know how hard it is back when i have no idea there is such thing as 60% reseller, money was so damn hard to earn, looking for a buyer was so freaking *beep*, scammers everywhere.. and so many more painful memories. I'm still rely on resellers even now, except for the fact that I'm a powerful mage now. Though this game still need improvement.

And on a completely unrelated note... Lol? 90k? Total amount 180k? Did you get yourself killed on your way to Carnelia.. or the shop?
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Re: I'm done.

Postby Sasuke » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:00 pm

He looks like hes trying to emphasize the point of that don't be so pissed off over a small amount of money.
Image

~Nya!
User avatar
Sasuke
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:58 am
Location: Living peacefully in Snowy Flats, stalking the fabled Ice Blade of the Gods.

Re: I'm done.

Postby SmilingFear » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:23 am

Don't give up just yet buddy, the game will get better as time goes on. Hopefully this will be true for the lag as well... What's your character name in-game? What level are you? Would you want to continue to play if I geared your character in exchange for your activeness as a member of my guild?
Image
User avatar
SmilingFear
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 am
Location: Sweden

Re: I'm done.

Postby Naruto » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:44 am

Hmm... I thought it was a portal cooldown thing where once you enter a room, it takes roughly around 4-5 seconds before you can use the portal to leave the room again. I know that once you enter a room you can move around but it just takes a little while before you can leave the room again.

If you still want to play I guess you could use the Helmet Heroes Assistant created by Caefer to assist you in knowing what monsters you should attack before actually attacking it in order to reduce the chances of you losing your money again.

(Also there are ATMs in Fairyville, Mushroom Village and Snowy Flats where you can store your money before trying to attack any of the stronger monsters and will again cause you to not lose your hard-earned cash. I recommend the Fairyville and Mushroom Village ATMs as you'd have to pass through Penguins or Sasquatches to get to the ATM in Snowy Flats.)

Here is the link to fellow player Caefer's most excellent Helmet Heroes Assistant programme:

viewtopic.php?t=1438

(I've personally used this programme and it works like a saint, very helpful in knowing how much damage I deal and how much damage I take)
Image
User avatar
Naruto
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm
Location: Nindo Nation

Re: I'm done.

Postby Ky372 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:49 pm

You know... I'm sorry, but I mean this in the nicest way possible. Your reasoning is absolutely stupid. We've *all* died at one point or another losing a good sum of money. Did that make any of us quit? Heck no. It's your own fault for taking on an enemy that you weren't ready to take on. Pair that with the stupid decision to carry around a good sum of money, your reason for quitting is absolute bullshit.
~ Admin of Helmet Heroes Wiki. Contact me for anything wiki related!
Ky372
 
Posts: 863
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: I'm done.

Postby MasterYi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Ky372 wrote:You know... I'm sorry, but I mean this in the nicest way possible. Your reasoning is absolutely stupid. We've *all* died at one point or another losing a good sum of money. Did that make any of us quit? Heck no. It's your own fault for taking on an enemy that you weren't ready to take on. Pair that with the stupid decision to carry around a good sum of money, your reason for quitting is absolute bullshit.



You said bullshit :o
Image

''I've got an army!'' - Loki ''We got MasterYi'' - Tony stark.
MasterYi
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 am

Re: I'm done.

Postby SmilingFear » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Ky372 wrote:You know... I'm sorry, but I mean this in the nicest way possible. Your reasoning is absolutely stupid. We've *all* died at one point or another losing a good sum of money. Did that make any of us quit? Heck no. It's your own fault for taking on an enemy that you weren't ready to take on. Pair that with the stupid decision to carry around a good sum of money, your reason for quitting is absolute bullshit.


"Everyone experiences what you're complaining about, therefore your complaint is illegitimate."
Kind of backwards thinking. Well, no. Completely backwards thinking. In fact, I'm hesitant to imply there was any thinking at all. ;)
Image
User avatar
SmilingFear
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 am
Location: Sweden

Re: I'm done.

Postby Ky372 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:35 pm

SmilingFear wrote:"Everyone experiences what you're complaining about, therefore your complaint is illegitimate."
Kind of backwards thinking. Well, no. Completely backwards thinking. In fact, I'm hesitant to imply there was any thinking at all. ;)



Yeah no... I didn't say his "complaint" is illegitimate. It's a perfectly valid "complaint". However it's part of the game. He was an idiot for carrying a decent sum of money with him into an area he knew he would die easily. To quit the game due to this is ridiculous.
~ Admin of Helmet Heroes Wiki. Contact me for anything wiki related!
Ky372
 
Posts: 863
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: I'm done.

Postby SmilingFear » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Ky372 wrote:Yeah no... I didn't say his "complaint" is illegitimate. It's a perfectly valid "complaint". However it's part of the game. He was an idiot for carrying a decent sum of money with him into an area he knew he would die easily. To quit the game due to this is ridiculous.


You're right, that's not what you said. You said, (and I quote) "your reasoning is absolutely stupid." Now I might agree with you if he had said something along the lines of "I'm quitting because I'm at a disadvantage" when in reality most everyone experiences the same problem, but this was not the case. Rather, he touched upon movement/portal delay (again, a problem that most everyone experiences) and relayed actual in-game events/happenings that had been caused by such.

I'd also go on and touch on your ex-nihilo points, such as assuming he was taking on monsters he couldn't handle (when he had made it clear his death was due to lag) but I'm sure I'd begin to trail off.

To quit the game because the lag is a bigger detriment than an actual lack of skill/awareness might be ridiculous to you but I disagree that he should attacked with "it's your own fault" type of comments (especially when lag isn't really anyones fault but Robby's for hosting a game from a tower/server that can't support any decent amount of online players without slowing down). :geek:
Image
User avatar
SmilingFear
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 am
Location: Sweden

Re: I'm done.

Postby Ky372 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:25 pm

What game are you playing? Only time I ever experience lag is when I play on crappy internet (my parent's house). There is a purposeful delay on portaling. In that regard, he wasn't ready to fight the enemies in the room he went to, otherwise he wouldn't have been as rushed to get out of it. And again... he was carrying a decent sum of money, ergo, his fault.
~ Admin of Helmet Heroes Wiki. Contact me for anything wiki related!
Ky372
 
Posts: 863
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: I'm done.

Postby SmilingFear » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Ky372 wrote:What game are you playing? Only time I ever experience lag is when I play on crappy internet (my parent's house). There is a purposeful delay on portaling. In that regard, he wasn't ready to fight the enemies in the room he went to, otherwise he wouldn't have been as rushed to get out of it. And again... he was carrying a decent sum of money, ergo, his fault.


The binding of Isaac, why? I wouldn't really call it "lag" so much as "delay," and it manifests on any speed of internet. The only time I don't lag is when I'm on my desktop, but we shouldn't be required 16 gb RAM and 8 i7 processors not to lag on a 2d sidescroller. As for the purposeful delay on portaling, I've found this to be less than a second when on my tower. So whether this is intentional or not I find questionable (but I'm by no means calling you a liar, I'm just unsure of it myself). I've found myself fighting enemies that do 0~70 damage to me throughout most of my Heroes career, and I haven't put any points into hp. When not lagging one can easily use character control to avoid taking damage. Such has nothing to do with being "ready" to fight the monsters, but rather just being able to do enough damage to them. Whether or not the OP did enough damage to the monsters he died at is questionable, but also moderately irrelevant.

But yes, it was his fault for having the money. Definitely. The only point that could be argued against that is that there may not be any point in the game (besides the description of the protection halo) that lets a player know they're going to lose half of their money upon death. Penalty should be expected though.
Image
User avatar
SmilingFear
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 am
Location: Sweden

Re: I'm done.

Postby bloodstrikez » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:31 pm

This game can be laggy sometimes, especially when you are playing in high quality resolution, nevertheless, I disagree with your view, ky. It's true that everybody lost their money once and a while but the point is, for a beginner, the money isn't easy to be earned, i think most of us got too OP, we have forgotten how sucks we were back when we were low level. I can relate to him since personally i have a bad start, it wasn't a pleasant experience i can tell you that, "0 damage.. seriously..", surely i can't be the only one who thought so, for a fairly new player, it's confusing and wait til you get to the "selling your equipment, loots" part, for a game that do not have so many players, it get more irritating as players were looking for a buyer. Oh.. one more thing, remind me why most of us prefer not to buy from shop?
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Re: I'm done.

Postby SmilingFear » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

bloodstrikez wrote:Oh.. one more thing, remind me why most of us prefer not to buy from shop?


It's our fault! It's because we're noobs and we need to learn to bank our cash as efficiently as Ky! (It also probably helps that Ky has 60% resale. ;) )
Image
User avatar
SmilingFear
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 am
Location: Sweden


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests