Level cap

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Level cap

Postby Saucey » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:56 pm

I think there should be a level cap just for the sake of construction (it is a "beta" btw) Because if there is no cap, then you will constantly be making updates for the top 5 players, giving them some kind of "challenge" for them to farm. The first boss... that's cool...oh wait now one of those "top" players complaining that they can't farm on it because someone won't leave the room. And for the pvp, "I'm just gonna spam and ruin any kind of fun to be 'the best' pvp'er." At least there will be some kind of fairness if there is a level cap, so if they put in the effort (or money) for more in-game money, then sure they can still be the "top" players.

A level cap would make it fair.
The veteran that nobody knows
Saucey

Re: Level cap

Postby 404 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:48 pm

I would've said 500, but R3v3r3nd has already surpassed level 500. So whaddya do? Bump him back down to 500 and cap it?

And what're you gonna do once we have a bunch of max-level players wanting to PvP each other, but they all have the same gear and hit 1's on each other?

Personally, I say no level cap.
                   ImageImage Image

Postby Naruto » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:59 pm

If you were to suggest a level cap, what would it be? I don't recommend a level cap, because it is interesting to see how far people can reach by farming.

Also, one of the top players, (I'm assuming you are referring to itblobboy as he posted a thread about boss respawn earlier) wasn't complaining about how they can't farm on Carnelia because someone didn't leave the room, he was stating the fact that someone was exploiting the spawn system and trying to get money from it. It's common courtesy to leave the room when the boss is dead.

A level cap wouldn't be fair, because the top players spent a lot of time grinding and being the best possible player, so no support from me.
Attachments
anY9jzo_460s_v3.jpg
Explains my feels
anY9jzo_460s_v3.jpg (148.54 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
Naruto

Postby Tomatha » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:05 am

I still hold there'll be a level cap of some sort later on. It may just be the maximum positive value for the total exp's stored bit value. (To be honest, I forgot what kind of coding this game used.)
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby Saucey » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:18 am

I was just saying a level cap "for now" and after a few updates, go back to normal or increase the cap. Even then you will still have op players who farm constantly for books. And yeah he could bump him down, who cares, put him back to whatever he was after. Its not about the past, its about the future. <-(like that? I did lol) I'm only saying this because it's gotten a little crazy, (Boss- okay kill him in 2 seconds) If there was a cap, there would have been some chance of a legitimate fight. Every update is just for the top players...more monsters and new equips to kill and buy instantly.
Last edited by Saucey on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The veteran that nobody knows
Saucey

Postby 404 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:18 am

Tomatha wrote:I still hold there'll be a level cap of some sort later on. It may just be the maximum positive value for the total exp's stored bit value. (To be honest, I forgot what kind of coding this game used.)

It uses whatever programming language the PlayerIO system uses.

From what Rob told me, PlayerIO is a system created specifically for the easy creation of MMOs.

Look into PlayerIO, and you'll find your answer.
                   ImageImage Image

Postby Tomatha » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:25 am

404 wrote:Look into PlayerIO, and you'll find your answer.

Not sure if it holds true for online stuff on a server... but "This means you can use any language that is supported by the .Net CLR to develop the server part of your game, for example C#, VB.Net or J#."
Not sure what he'd use (In addition to Flash and maybe Unity3D of course...)
Personally hoping for C#, but it's been so long that I don't remember the general weaknesses you'd have to cope with on each one.
Now that I think about the versatility of this PlayerIO, that's pretty cool.
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby itblobboy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:57 am

Saucey wrote:oh wait now one of those "top" players complaining that they can't farm on it because someone won't leave the room.

Excuse me, but I am not a fan of statements intended to ridicule. You are blowing it to proportions to make me look ridiculous by stating it in such a way to justify this person!

NOBODY can do the boss as a team or solo or ANYTHING because this person is refusing to leave the room and therefore the boss can't be fought because he has full intent to manipulate us for money. THERE IS NO RIGHTEOUSNESS IN THAT, and therefore no righteousness in ridiculing me for pointing out such.

Now, about the level cap, are you kidding me? Your telling me that we aren't allowed to work to get better? Everyone would just be buying a bajillion books, unless you want stats capped too... So we can't even play! Ridiculous idea, it would ruin the point of continuing to play... absolutely no support :|
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby bloodstrikez » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:25 am

Saucey wrote: Every update is just for the top players...more monsters and new equips to kill and buy instantly.

Can't argue with that.
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez

Postby Saucey » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:19 am

That's just it, NOBODY can do the boss team or solo, unless you're over level 300 with 150 books, then it takes 12 seconds. Whats the point of that? Maybe increase the health to 1 million, then it would be a boss because it would take some time to kill. Also give it ranged attacks so you can't just shit on it from a distance.

itblobboy wrote:Now, about the level cap, are you kidding me? Your telling me that we aren't allowed to work to get better? Everyone would just be buying a bajillion books, unless you want stats capped too... So we can't even play! Ridiculous idea, it would ruin the point of continuing to play... absolutely no support :|

( :lol: that's exactly what I'm saying yep)
"Ridiculous idea: It would ruin the point of continuing to play" -fixed ;)

So you want a game that just goes to infinity with update after update dedicated to the "top" players. With levels approaching 10000000, where equipment becomes arbitrary because you can kill anything with a stick. Think about it.
A level cap would make it so that Robby is not just building a game for some 5 people.

Oh and the books..... probably should have made those a little more expensive like 300k or 12mil maybe 3 billion. They kinda break the game (in my opinion) being so cheap. Why buy new equipment when you can just buy 58 books? Eventually, given enough time, the books will make it so that you one hit everything and take no damage. Seriously, is that what you want? What fun.
Saucey

Postby bloodstrikez » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:41 am

Make sense..
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez

Postby itblobboy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:51 am

I thought about it, and if you want to be good then get good too. I mean, come on, the updates are for some 5 people because nobody else is stepping up! If nobody else is going to step up that's how its going to be! We enjoy the game and you are saying we should stop enjoying it. Okay I get it now.

WTF.

And that "fix-it" on my text is... Wow.

Saucey wrote:"Ridiculous idea: It would ruin the point of continuing to play" -fixed ;)

I just have so much to argue with you I am gonna stop here because its gonna end up wasting hours of my life pointing out every damn thing why this is a terrible idea.
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby Stabber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:56 am

My solution would be to tweak the XP formula so that there is a greater curve between levels. High level characters get most of their skill points from books anyway.
Stabber

Postby Gret » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:08 am

itblobboy wrote:I mean, come on, the updates are for some 5 people because nobody else is stepping up! If nobody else is going to step up that's how its going to be!

I have to disagree with this, because getting to the level of the top players takes hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of constant training. There's nothing wrong with striving to be the best, but 90%+ of players just want to play casually and have fun. These 90% of people are the ones who the updates should be for - the average and most common level player (and the most potential customers for Robby).

I'm fine with no level cap so that people can always battle it out to be the best, but I do agree books should be/have been waaaaay more expensive. When they were released, 45k was a LOT of money, so it was really hard to afford a book or two now and again; now, 50k isn't much at all for most people and it could (and kind of is) stack people's stats to be way too ridiculous.
Gret

Postby Stabber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:11 am

Stop selling books (sorry Lewis). Period. Make them an item that only drops from monsters. Possibly create a book slot machine that costs a ridiculous amount of money and gives you a random book (that you will likely end up selling to another player because it won't be a book that would help you).
Stabber

Postby Gret » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 am

Stabber wrote:Stop selling books (sorry Lewis). Period. Make them an item that only drops from monsters. Possibly create a book slot machine that costs a ridiculous amount of money and gives you a random book (that you will likely end up selling to another player because it won't be a book that would help you).

Yeah, I kind of agree; maybe still have Lewis sell them, but make the price like 300k+. The main problem with the book issue would be that some people who already used hundreds of books will have a huge advantage over any new people that get to the higher levels, and if those people have their book stats reset or lowered, they're gonna more than likely rage/quit.

Also, about your other post: the exp-to-level equation was originally linear, and now it's got a very small curve. Robby said he doesn't want to make it a steeper curve now because of how many people will probably be ticked off, even though everyone would keep their ranks and total experience. The higher level people would just be like 20-50 levels lower, and the highest level people would be like 70 levels lower (just random numbers for example). Personally, I think this would help a lot with the point of this thread - you can still level infinitely high to be the best, but it's going to be a lot harder the higher you go. This would keep the overall levels a little closer and make target updates a bit easier.
Gret

Postby itblobboy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:39 am

Gret wrote:
Stabber wrote:Stop selling books (sorry Lewis). Period. Make them an item that only drops from monsters. Possibly create a book slot machine that costs a ridiculous amount of money and gives you a random book (that you will likely end up selling to another player because it won't be a book that would help you).

If this comes into play I better be warned... I want to indulge while I can.

itblobboy

Postby Stabber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:14 pm

The problem with the current curve is that the %change between levels gets lower and lower as you progress. Still, changing the formula would likely make many people very angry.
Stabber

Postby MisoSoup247 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:24 pm

perhaps the cost of the books should scale with level?? oh wait... dammit. :lol:
MisoSoup247

Return to Suggestions