THREAD CLOSED DUE TO AIDS

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

THREAD CLOSED DUE TO AIDS

Postby 404 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:03 am

Thread's closed. Just walk away.
Last edited by 404 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
                   ImageImage Image

Re: Two suggestions for Robby

Postby MisoSoup247 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:34 am

Gret and Robby are brothers!? I never knew... :o
MisoSoup247

Postby itblobboy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:45 am

Yeah, we do need more moderators. You'd make a good one probably, so would stabber and wall. I hate to add myself to it because I know whenever I select myself for something that never works out well but I care about the forums constantly and am responsible with privileged abilities :P
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby Gret » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:57 am

1. I agree there needs to be something added to prove you're human before making an account/posting.

2. I'm just going to be straight forward: I have no idea who you are or why you keep insisting that you need/deserve to be a mod, especially after you admitted (smugly) in another post about how you used to bot yourself. I don't see how the forum is going downhill, either. Yeah, the bots are annoying, but they're the same as they've been for awhile. I'm not on 24/7, but I'm on very frequently throughout the day; I read every new thread and every new post and delete the spam, ban the person, and ban the IP as soon as I see it. Giving power to people he doesn't know just to delete a spam thread a couple hours earlier is a bit risky.
Gret

Postby 404 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:53 am

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
Last edited by 404 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
                   ImageImage Image

Postby SlayerBlade » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:16 am

I can agree on needing maybe one or two more forum mods. Robby and Gret can't be on all the time and not always available. The biggest problem would be, who is the most trust worthy to do the job.

Naruto
Sasuke
RoySamules

They a couple people that would be responsible and trust worthy. They are very decitated to the game as well as a few more of us in legendary guild.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
SlayerBlade

Postby 404 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:23 am

.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
                   ImageImage Image

Postby Gregore » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:31 am

It does seem odd that you'd come back after a long absence and immediately start campaigning for power and responsibility in a number of areas. That my one interaction with you in game is you telling me that my guild sucks with no other comment or interaction doesn't make me particularly at ease with you having any sort of power or responsibility.
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby Gret » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:37 am

404 wrote:
Yes, I used to bot, and after having a talk with Rob about the situation, I decided it was time to stop. And no, my post where I spoke about the botting was not "smug" in any way. This was of course about 3 or 4 months ago, and as a result of my botting, the Alarm Clock item was added in. After I stopped botting, I started messing around ingame, trying out all sorts of things to see what would happen, and if there were any exploits. And I did this for good reasons, to help Rob patch any potential exploits. Such things I've figured out include:

1. I found a glitch with the Area Teleport function, caused by Area Teleporting yourself to the same area you were in when you died, instead of clicking revive. Doing so would cause the user to become invincible.
2. I also found a glitch involving putting an item up in the trade window whilst having a shop window open at the same time. You'd then sell the item, trade the (apparently sold) item to your alt account, and then trade it back and repeat the process, earning millions in minutes.
3. In one of the previous patches, Robs note about raising the walls on the edges of every level to prevent people from falling under the map (via equipping a two-handed sword, attacking three times in a row and on the last attack whilst in mid-air, jumping again to get extra jump-height and make it over the invisible wall) was thanks to me. I went around every level ingame, figuring out where I could and could not make it over the invisible walls. After much testing, I simply decided to email Rob and tell him to just raise the height of the invisible walls on every level instead of trying to fix the issue on individual levels.

The above three examples have been patched months ago, so there's no reason to delete my post to prevent anyone from learning those l33t hacking techniques.

Now that we've moved past the whole "botting" thing, allow me to inform you as to who I am. My name is 404, as you've already noticed. I run UNF Gaming, a Steam group for the (at this point in time) three TF2 servers and one Minecraft Feed the Beast server that I run. I also offer hosting on my dedicated server to other people, via UNFG Hosting.

I'm 25 years old, from Canada, and have been doing anything involving running game servers (administration, essentially) for the past 8-9 years. I've also suggested to Rob to set up ingame Admins to take care of situations on the fly, such as people botting, scammers, etc. His response was along the lines of how currently the game doesn't have enough players to warrant Admins, and I agree with him on that....somewhat.

As for the forums, good forums are not managed by a moderation team of one. A year and a half ago when I started up a forum for my Steam group (which has since been removed due to Steam Groups having built-in "Discussion Boards") I had set up a team of moderators, most of whom I barely knew. And everything worked out for the best, which brings me to this little gem of a comment you made:

Giving power to people he doesn't know just to delete a spam thread a couple hours earlier is a bit risky.

That's why there's a little thing called "trust". You have to trust in people. It's obvious you lack that capability. But then again, I have no idea who you are.

I chose to delete your entire post not only because of giving the name of the program away, but from my perspective you were being smug. You mentioned how it was amusing watching everyone in the community get worked up over your botting.

1. Nice find, I didn't know that's how people did it.

2. Also a good catch.

3. This was known and mentioned almost immediately by a lot of people, so I don't think you should try and claim that you first and single-handedly figured out and solved this problem.

It's nice that you provided some details about yourself, but it's not really relevant. I used to be a moderator on some old Runescape clan forum that I was in about 8 years ago; I did a good job on there, but that doesn't at all mean that I am trustworthy and should be a moderator on some other forum.

As for my "gem of a comment," why should I trust someone I don't know? That's not me lacking the capability, that's me having some common sense. Not sure when it became a good idea to trust random people online, especially when giving them some kind of power. Also, if you have no idea who I am, then why did you say in your original post that I'm Robby's brother? Sounds like you must know something about me.

Look, the game is in beta and everyone is supposed to report glitches - which a lot of people do. Just because you found out how a couple of them work doesn't exactly mean you need to become an admin, but it's nice that you're trying to help. The main reason I'm against you becoming a moderator is because you're new to the forums, and as soon as you got on here you posted two different things trying to get Robby to give you authority, and now this third. Honestly, it made you seem to be one of those people that are always in online games saying, "omg make me a gm!! me gm me ban hackers, ty," except you said it in a more proper and arrogant way.
Gret

Postby ArnoldElfman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:40 am

How can we trust you when we don't even know your name? I just get a 404 error in place of your name.
ArnoldElfman

Postby 404 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:09 pm

ImageImage Image

Postby Gret » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:18 pm

I understand you'd want to be an admin, as would a lot of people; however, I feel like you're looking at it the wrong way. Being an admin (especially in-game) would be more of a privilege rather than a volunteer thing. If Robby were to let people be admins in game and have the authority of banning hackers/scammers, he would have to do one of two things: figure out the coding and take a LOT of time to allow one player to ban another, or give the admin access to the player database - the latter of which is way too risky.

The other main problem is perspective. What you find worthy of being bannable may not to seem that way to Robby, and this could definitely lead to problems and a loss of customers on his part.
Gret

Postby 404 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:34 pm

ImageImage Image

Postby Gret » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm sorry, but what level are you on? Seriously, you are so full of yourself it's ridiculous - you've been an admin for some random online groups, you're no one special. And pretty much everything you said, I've already specified: just because you're good at something in some places, doesn't automatically make you some special candidate for another. You may be a responsible person in the things you're talking about, but you could also go around to other games spouting out your 'qualifications' and then griefing the hell out of them without mentioning that here. I'm not going to hire the most smart and experienced person in the world to be a teacher at my school if they bully the kids between classes.

The only qualities of yourself that you've actually demonstrated on the forum so far that I've seen is that you're EXTREMELY arrogant, cocky, and snide. Administrating games for 8-9 years isn't really something to keep bragging about considering you're only known because you were a botter, and you haven't been involved with Helmet Heroes for two months regardless of the reasons. I would much rather see someone who's shown that they're trustworthy, loyal, and nice in general become an admin, even if they've never done it before. After all, it's not hard to click a button to ban or warn someone.
Gret

Postby Based Doge » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:57 pm

i dont know why he post these kind of suggestion in public, just send a pm to robby explaining why you should be an admin, you just make drama making this public.
Based Doge

Postby 404 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Gret wrote:I'm sorry, but what level are you on? Seriously, you are so full of yourself it's ridiculous - you've been an admin for some random online groups, you're no one special. And pretty much everything you said, I've already specified: just because you're good at something in some places, doesn't automatically make you some special candidate for another. You may be a responsible person in the things you're talking about, but you could also go around to other games spouting out your 'qualifications' and then griefing the hell out of them without mentioning that here. I'm not going to hire the most smart and experienced person in the world to be a teacher at my school if they bully the kids between classes.

The only qualities of yourself that you've actually demonstrated on the forum so far that I've seen is that you're EXTREMELY arrogant, cocky, and snide. Administrating games for 8-9 years isn't really something to keep bragging about considering you're only known because you were a botter, and you haven't been involved with Helmet Heroes for two months regardless of the reasons. I would much rather see someone who's shown that they're trustworthy, loyal, and nice in general become an admin, even if they've never done it before. After all, it's not hard to click a button to ban or warn someone.

Last edited by 404 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                   ImageImage Image

Postby Gret » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:02 pm

404 wrote:
Speaking of cocky, arrogant, snide and no-one special; ladies and gentleman, the brother of the guy who created the game.

Give him a round of applause. :roll:

Hmm, a very good point you make; I can see you're very deserving of being an admin like you say. Also, where have I been arrogant or cocky at all, exactly? I'm voicing my concerns about the situation of you thinking that you're some universal online admin, worthy of moderating any game you want. You must also not know what snide means. :roll:
Gret

Postby 404 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Gret wrote:
404 wrote:
Speaking of cocky, arrogant, snide and no-one special; ladies and gentleman, the brother of the guy who created the game.

Hmm, a very good point you make; I can see you're very deserving of being an admin like you say. Also, where have I been arrogant or cocky at all, exactly? I'm voicing my concerns about the situation of you thinking that you're some universal online admin, worthy of moderating any game you want. You must also not know what snide means. :roll:

ImageImage Image

Re: THREAD CLOSED DUE TO AIDS

Postby Based Doge » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Based Doge

Postby machstormer » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:13 pm

404 wrote:

I'm sorry 404, but even if I had NEVER read any of your other posts, this post indicates to me that you do not have the abilities to be a good Administrator for this game.
Image "The LAST thing I want to do is hurt you.......but it IS on my list" :twisted:
machstormer

Postby Gret » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:14 pm

I guess you realized how completely rude you were being, so you changed your comments. I guess that's a start to proving your character.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but I actually do remember seeing you in game at one point. You were saying, "robby's going to make me an admin so i can say whatever i want. f*** f*** f***ity f***," and doing all kinds of other stupid stuff.
Gret

Postby Gregore » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:16 pm

Yes. His in game behavior makes me wonder about Legendary's standards.
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby Tomatha » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Gregore wrote:Yes. His in game behavior makes me wonder about Legendary's standards.

Let's not get into Legendary's standards... There's threads reserved for that.
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby 404 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Based Doge wrote:Image

Gret wrote:Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but I actually do remember seeing you in game at one point. You were saying, "robby's going to make me an admin so i can say whatever i want. f*** f*** f***ity f***," and doing all kinds of other stupid stuff.

Yes, you are wrong. You must've been hanging out with Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford, smoking crack, because none of that ever happened.

Also, I'm loling at the butthurt people talking shit about Legendary. Haters gonna hate and all that, wot wot.

machstormer wrote:I'm sorry 404, but even if I had NEVER read any of your other posts, this post indicates to me that you do not have the abilities to be a good Administrator for this game.

Then you're as dumb as Gret is. I simply reply to him with the same tone that he replies to me with.

Anywhoo...

ImageImage Image

Postby Based Doge » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Based Doge

Next

Return to Suggestions