Hotkeys for Interface (and Hotbar!)

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Hotkeys for Interface (and Hotbar!)

Postby QFuzzle » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:36 pm

I enjoy Helmet Heroes for a number of reasons, but one of the glaring differences between HH and other MMO's is not having hotkeys set for easier interface access for smoother and more comfortable gameplay.
Though some of the letter keys are already occupied, maybe using numeric keys (or a mix of alpha and numeric) for quicker access to menus could work. If the F1-12 keys work for this type of flash game, those could be used, as well. Even putting the hotkey setup in such a placement on the keyboard to where it matches the layout lineup on the UI screen (two down, four across).
And maybe down the road a little making the hotkeys available to be adjusted by the player. ^ ^

As an added thought --
Hotbar!
That's right. The good ol' system where you can store a couple/few items where you can have immediate access to your choice of usable item. Whaddya think? Might save a life or two! :)
Last edited by QFuzzle on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IGN: QFuzzleMage
QFuzzle

Re: Hotkeys for Interface

Postby PlayerSix » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:18 pm

Support 100% but there is hotkeys if you think about it. maybe hotkeys as in the number keys.
Don't post much, but i play much.
PlayerSix

Postby QFuzzle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:15 am

My apologies. You're right that there are already hotkeys to a certain degree (at least for skills). What I should have specified was implementing hotkeys that make for quicker opening and closing of the main UI windows (Character, Friends, Missions, Items, Hero-Pedia, Payvault, Options, Map, and possibly any that are common sub-menus).
It's a standard in larger MMO's to have lots of hotkeys that make it to where you can play the game almost completely without a mouse if you wanted. By no means am I expecting this game to run at that standard. I just think having some basic hotkeys for common menus would help the fluidity of the game.
QFuzzle

Postby PlayerSix » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:51 am

QFuzzle wrote:My apologies. You're right that there are already hotkeys to a certain degree (at least for skills). What I should have specified was implementing hotkeys that make for quicker opening and closing of the main UI windows (Character, Friends, Missions, Items, Hero-Pedia, Payvault, Options, Map, and possibly any that are common sub-menus).
It's a standard in larger MMO's to have lots of hotkeys that make it to where you can play the game almost completely without a mouse if you wanted. By no means am I expecting this game to run at that standard. I just think having some basic hotkeys for common menus would help the fluidity of the game.

Thats why i agreed with you. haha i knew exactly what you meant and i was thinking the same thing.
PlayerSix

Postby plak&shlak » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:56 pm

QFuzzle wrote:My apologies. You're right that there are already hotkeys to a certain degree (at least for skills). What I should have specified was implementing hotkeys that make for quicker opening and closing of the main UI windows (Character, Friends, Missions, Items, Hero-Pedia, Payvault, Options, Map, and possibly any that are common sub-menus).

dude skill isnt hotkeys.. like the normal attack isnt hotkeys..
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby QFuzzle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:06 pm

plak&shlak wrote:dude skill isnt hotkeys.. like the normal attack isnt hotkeys..

Aye. I suppose it depends on how you look at it. Either way, that's as far as it goes at this point in HH.
QFuzzle

Postby plak&shlak » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:06 pm

normal hit isnt hotley.. so why skill (which is also hit but just stronger or with effect) is a hotkey?
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby QFuzzle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Yep. I see your point.
QFuzzle

Postby QFuzzle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:13 pm

Also, I've taken into consideration mentioning the idea of implementing a hotbar; giving the player a couple/few slots to have immediate access to whatever usable items we put in them (of course keyboard triggerable).
QFuzzle

Postby PlayerSix » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:30 am

QFuzzle wrote:Also, I've taken into consideration mentioning the idea of implementing a hotbar; giving the player a couple/few slots to have immediate access to whatever usable items we put in them (of course keyboard triggerable).

Edit your post and add it.
PlayerSix

Postby QFuzzle » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:17 pm

PlayerSix wrote:
QFuzzle wrote:Also, I've taken into consideration mentioning the idea of implementing a hotbar; giving the player a couple/few slots to have immediate access to whatever usable items we put in them (of course keyboard triggerable).

Edit your post and add it.

Done. :)
QFuzzle

Re: Hotkeys for Interface (and Hotbar!)

Postby QFuzzle » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Is it wrong of me to bump this?
QFuzzle

Re: Hotkeys for Interface (and Hotbar!)

Postby itblobboy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Well needed bump.

I want to assign a teleport hotkey. So many times that would have saved my life. The GUI takes the entire screen! Gahhhhhhh!
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Return to Suggestions