Oh, I am a newbie. Need mage build.

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Oh, I am a newbie. Need mage build.

Postby Zaratustra » Sat May 31, 2014 11:00 am

Hi people, i started to play one week ago, i dont understand so much the game, so i need some help with attributes and skills. i have created a wizard, in what skills and attributes should i spend the points?
I couldnt find any guide to build a mage. I need you old player to share your experience with me. Could anyone help me?
Zaratustra

Re: Oh, I am a newbie. Need mage build.

Postby TheTylerLee » Sat May 31, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm not an old player but i suggest putting some points into Magic first,,, The higher your magic attack is the more monsters your able to kill, And the stronger the monster the better the exp and loot...
TheTylerLee_1 in game
TheTylerLee

Postby Zaratustra » Sat May 31, 2014 12:50 pm

Yeah Magic is a main attribute for a mage, but what about the skills?
Zaratustra

Postby itblobboy » Sat May 31, 2014 12:55 pm

Focus on MP more than magic unless yours is over 400.

Just my two cents.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby crujen1 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:21 pm

For mage, I recommend maxing projectiles, mp regeneration, projectile distance first and crit later levels. And what mr. blob said, mp. Don't forget to add dex. Having 100-150 dex by level 100 will boost your damage by a lot.
crujen1

Postby itblobboy » Sat May 31, 2014 1:27 pm

whoa hell no, don't even bother adding dex until you're level 100.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby crujen1 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:33 pm

itblobboy wrote:whoa hell no, don't even bother adding dex until you're level 100.

I always thought having that 50% crit chance was nice, maybe that's just me.
crujen1

Postby Zaratustra » Sat May 31, 2014 1:33 pm

thunder attack is not a usefull skill?
Zaratustra

Postby crujen1 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:35 pm

Zaratustra wrote:thunder attack is not a usefull skill?

You can add 1 point into it for fun, but I wouldn't even touch it until I've maxed out my core skills.
crujen1

Postby itblobboy » Sat May 31, 2014 1:36 pm

crujen1 wrote:
itblobboy wrote:whoa hell no, don't even bother adding dex until you're level 100.

It is nice. But dex is a complimentary skill.

At those low levels, there isn't anything to compliment.

Also, if you believe thunder attack is not useful you better reconsider your understanding of the game. It's great for reaching far away enemies. Great as you get a decent+ level
itblobboy

Postby crujen1 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:44 pm

itblobboy wrote:
crujen1 wrote:

It is nice. But dex is a complimentary skill.

At those low levels, there isn't anything to compliment.

Also, if you believe thunder attack is not useful you better reconsider your understanding of the game. It's great for reaching far away enemies. Great as you get a decent+ level

Yeah, I guess you're right. Until you have your critical damage skill, early levels with dex won't be able to utilize its full potential. And I'm not saying thunder attack isn't a useful skill, it's just, at early levels, who has the mp( and mp regeneration)to use it more than 2-3 times? It isn't even useful until it's maxed, and honestly, with 25 points you can max your projectile distance with 20 and 5 to spare.
crujen1

Postby plak&shlak » Sat May 31, 2014 3:20 pm

first max projectives for being stroger an have more nockback for monsters.. after that max distance for not being hitted.. after that heal cause when you level up the monster being strong so if you getting hit you will be able to heal after that put points on the power of dex cause in the higher level you will put points on your dex rate so power of dex is not needed until that (until level 90 its not the best idea to put dex.. until that you should put points at hp magic and mp)... finally you put points at mp restoration... after that put points where you want
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby Mariofan1 » Sat May 31, 2014 3:36 pm

What you should do is get mp, at least 400 will suit for a few 10 levels.

Then, go 2 dex 1 magic, or whatever. Or just have 2 dex in other things. :)
Mariofan1

Postby plak&shlak » Sat May 31, 2014 4:00 pm

Mariofan1 wrote:What you should do is get mp, at least 400 will suit for a few 10 levels.

when you got to levl 100 start put dex but dont stop to put points on magic.. until level 250 you should have 300 dex and books can help you with that
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby Mariofan1 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:07 pm

plak&shlak wrote:
Mariofan1 wrote:What you should do is get mp, at least 400 will suit for a few 10 levels.

when you got to levl 100 start put dex but dont stop to put points on magic.. until level 250 you should have 300 dex and books can help you with that

I did 2 dex 1 mp, 2 dex 1 magic, 2 dex 1 health etc. And i managed well. I didn't need to stat reset until level 200.
Mariofan1

Postby God » Sat May 31, 2014 4:10 pm

Some of the worst advice I've ever heard in my life is in this thread. :lol:
ImageImage
God

Postby Zaratustra » Sat May 31, 2014 4:15 pm

Thanks all of you for the advices, but im really confused now :?
Zaratustra

Postby itblobboy » Sat May 31, 2014 4:26 pm

Zaratustra wrote:Thanks all of you for the advices, but im really confused now :?

Just kill stuff.
itblobboy

Postby crujen1 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:27 pm

God wrote:Some of the worst advice I've ever heard in my life is in this thread. :lol:

Stop it! We're trying. T.T

Zaratustra wrote:Thanks all of you for the advices, but im really confused now :?

There's honestly no wrong build in this game. Do what your gut tells you.

*whispers: add a little bit of everything*
crujen1

Postby Zaratustra » Sat May 31, 2014 4:45 pm

crujen1 wrote:
God wrote:Some of the worst advice I've ever heard in my life is in this thread. :lol:

:lol: ok tnx
Zaratustra

Postby plak&shlak » Sat May 31, 2014 5:51 pm

itblobboy wrote:

Just kill stuff.

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
finally blobby say the right things

my or mariofan?
Mariofan1 wrote:
plak&shlak wrote:

I did 2 dex 1 mp, 2 dex 1 magic, 2 dex 1 health etc. And i managed well. I didn't need to stat reset until level 200.

but you needed it finally.. what we try to do is that we wouldnt need the reset
crujen1 wrote:

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
crujen1 wrote:

yes there is.. but you really need to be idiot.. like put dex in low levels.. or put just def.. (ages ago there was character that calle DEX and he also put points on dex) anyway.. most of the people wone be dumb but still there are ways that better from the others
and add a little bit for everything not so good cause the warrior need power and def.. not need a lot mp and hp.. and archers also need just range and a little mp and hp and also the other classes dont need a little bit for erything.. every class have them features so when you understand them you know how to build your character
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby crujen1 » Sat May 31, 2014 6:06 pm

plak&shlak wrote:yes there is.. but you really need to be idiot.. like put dex in low levels.. or put just def.. (ages ago there was character that calle DEX and he also put points on dex) anyway.. most of the people wone be dumb but still there are ways that better from the others
and add a little bit for everything not so good cause the warrior need power and def.. not need a lot mp and hp.. and archers also need just range and a little mp and hp and also the other classes dont need a little bit for erything.. every class have them features so when you understand them you know how to build your character

I don't see a problem adding a bit dex at low level. By level 150(back when I was an archer), I had max dex, max critical damage skill and was doing 1-2k damage. And I was joking about the "add a little bit of everything". I didn't think anyone would take it seriously since it was in tiny font. :roll:
crujen1

Postby plak&shlak » Sat May 31, 2014 6:31 pm

crujen1 wrote:
plak&shlak wrote:yes there is.. but you really need to be idiot.. like put dex in low levels.. or put just def.. (ages ago there was character that calle DEX and he also put points on dex) anyway.. most of the people wone be dumb but still there are ways that better from the others

I don't see a problem adding a bit dex at low level. By level 150(back when I was an archer), I had max dex, max critical damage skill and was doing 1-2k damage. And I was joking about the "add a little bit of everything". I didn't think anyone would take it seriously since it was in tiny font. :roll:

dex isnt helping when you make low damage
example:
lets said you have 50 power and monste with 20 def
and you have 30 points to put at dex or at power
lets said that the critical is 450% (we ignore now from the swords)
or you make 30 damage at 90% of the time and 10% of the time 145 ar make 60 damage all the time..
also when you have dex you make very high damageso until you dont go to monster with high hp (the first monster with high hp is pumpkins) its useless
so in my opinion i think that dex you should add from level 80...
also in level 150 you maxed you dex so you had low range so to weak monster you make nice damage but t better monster you make low damage... so you need also to have high range for youe "base" damage will be high (dex is dependent on base damage (power+weapon-def of monsters) and power isnt depend on dex) so until you dont make high base damage or go to monsters with high hp its better to add to base damage or to mp hp def if you are warrior etc...but its just my opinion you can do what you want
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby crujen1 » Sat May 31, 2014 6:54 pm

plak&shlak wrote:
crujen1 wrote:

dex isnt helping when you make low damage
example:
lets said you have 50 power and monste with 20 def
and you have 30 points to put at dex or at power
lets said that the critical is 450% (we ignore now from the swords)
or you make 30 damage at 90% of the time and 10% of the time 145 ar make 60 damage all the time..
also when you have dex you make very high damageso until you dont go to monster with high hp (the first monster with high hp is pumpkins) its useless
so in my opinion i think that dex you should add from level 80...
also in level 150 you maxed you dex so you had low range so to weak monster you make nice damage but t better monster you make low damage... so you need also to have high range for youe "base" damage will be high (dex is dependent on base damage (power+weapon-def of monsters) and power isnt depend on dex) so until you dont make high base damage or go to monsters with high hp its better to add to base damage or to mp hp def if you are warrior etc...but its just my opinion you can do what you want

You're putting it into a scenario where the player is adding EVERYTHING into dex so of course they would be doing the damage they do, I never said that. And at level 150, I had 300ish range(150base+122from equips+30ish from pet) doing 1-2k to goos. And please specify "monsters with high hp" since I was training at goos, stalkers, leaflings, and sasquatches(dangerous since I usually get 1 hit ko'ed, but the occasional studded bow drop was nice). Was I supposed to be training at glords or drill bots or something?

... But in the end it's as you said, all opinion.
crujen1

Postby God » Sat May 31, 2014 11:28 pm

I'm not going to make this long, but I'll give you a critical tip. (Killing higher level spawns, as fast and low level as possible, will exponentially increase your gains and efficiency)

Now formulate an answer from that based upon your build.

Another hint:

(Use teleport, it's like cheating)
ImageImage
God

Next

Return to General