fallenangel

Location: The land of invisible blue unicorns where it rains nutella daily

Re: Click to Talk

Postby coke_na_rc » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:38 am

Gregore wrote:Time to Vote!
Our candidates:
itblobboy
P_madchafer

PM me on the forum or contact me in game with your choice.

how bout a leader1 and leader2?
Beat that
Spoiler: show
coke_na_rc

Postby madchafer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:53 pm

Why can't you make a poll Gregore? It could save more time, and it would actually prevent you reading numerous PM's about the votes. RIght? Or if you don't have a problem with reading, then its fine with me.

Okay! Since I'm competing against itblobboy, he seems to possess more fame and respect than me, since he used to be at the HOF, and he's like 300 levels above me. Anywho, Vote for Me!!
madchafer

Postby Gregore » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:56 pm

You gotta do some campaigning, to be sure.

The reasons I don't do a poll are 1. anyone on the forum can vote in a poll and 2. not everyone in the guild is on the forum. I've no problem with hand counting. We are not legion.
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby itblobboy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:04 am

Will there be formalities on this campaign? To be specific, obligations?

Such as, speeches or something over-the-top (imo)?

Regardless vote for me because, uh, I care quite sincerely for the well being of the guild :mrgreen:
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Gregore » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:07 am

It's all up to the candidates. I'm just taking votes. 7 recorded so far.
With Love,

Gregore

Postby madchafer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:56 am

Hey blob, lets take stakes. If I win, you'll get to be my servant for day. And If you win, I get to serve you fruits at your command. Sounds fair? If not, I'll just be your servant for an hour. Kekeke...
madchafer

Postby itblobboy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:47 pm

madchafer wrote:Hey blob, lets take stakes. If I win, you'll get to be my servant for day. And If you win, I get to serve you fruits at your command. Sounds fair? If not, I'll just be your servant for an hour. Kekeke...

This, oddly, reminds me of when I played RuneScape and powned the duel arena.

I never do stakes.

This brought memories of that when I thought "lol, no."

Thanks for the offer, though.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Gregore » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:13 am

Congratulations to pickme on succeeding in the Riddle Quest! He is 100k richer! Well done, pickme!
With Love,

Gregore

Postby Deej » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:09 pm

I'm going to be leaving Click To Talk. I'd like to thank everyone for the stay. It's nothing against the guild, I'm just going to be joining a guild with friends from where I live. Thanks for the stay. I really enjoyed it!
Deej

Postby Gregore » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Makes sense. Thanks for letting us know, Deej. Best to you!
With Love,

Gregore

Postby Gregore » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:26 am

Our election is over and itblobboy should already be reinstated as the Click to Talk Guild Leader. Thanks to P_madchafer for running and to everyone who voted.

I must say although I found the experience to be quite rewarding, I'm relieved my tenure is over. I felt a lot of guilt at the faltering of the guild due to my own lacks- most notably time.

My view on the guild and my position always skewed towards a group endeavor in which I had a special administrative job because the system required it. In practice, however, I found I more often than not had to make unilateral decisions due to constraints of time and communication. This forced me more often than not to behave as a "leader" rather than a facilitator- something I'm not wholely comfortable with. It is my belief that itblobboy is far more the "leader" type that the reality of the game seems to crave than myself.

Thanks to everyone who truly owned the guild beside me during my tenure. I hope you continue to do so as I most definitely will.

I've stopped updating the front page except for races. It'll be up to Blob what sort of structure and communication method he will use going forward.

Oh, and I'm keeping my title.
With Love,

Gregore

Postby itblobboy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Gregore wrote:Our election is over and itblobboy should already be reinstated as the Click to Talk Guild Leader. Thanks to P_madchafer for running and to everyone who voted.

I must say although I found the experience to be quite rewarding, I'm relieved my tenure is over. I felt a lot of guilt at the faltering of the guild due to my own lacks- most notably time.

My view on the guild and my position always skewed towards a group endeavor in which I had a special administrative job because the system required it. In practice, however, I found I more often than not had to make unilateral decisions due to constraints of time and communication. This forced me more often than not to behave as a "leader" rather than a facilitator- something I'm not wholely comfortable with. It is my belief that itblobboy is far more the "leader" type that the reality of the game seems to crave than myself.

Thanks to everyone who truly owned the guild beside me during my tenure. I hope you continue to do so as I most definitely will.

I've stopped updating the front page except for races. It'll be up to Blob what sort of structure and communication method he will use going forward.

Oh, and I'm keeping my title.

Thanks Gregore. You took Click to Talk and nurtured it into what it is today. I'll try to provide all the energy and time I can to it, alongside with my beloved forum time already in place, to making it a nice stay.

Guys, I'm going to be up front with you: While I have more time than Gregore, I don't have enough time to run this as a monarch. This needs to be an oligarchy of 40 players, each of which will provide a positive atmosphere and keep each other up. Gregore, as he stated, will stay in charge of the races and puzzles and what-not I completely already missed out on to know.

As a guild, we don't promote manipulation of xp share involuntarily. As a guild, we shouldn't be bumming everyone out. And of course, as a guild, we should do what we can to make this game as fun as it should be as a game. I know that a lot of members might be considered "noobs" or "beggars", and that some people don't like them.

Frankly, if I'm going to lead CTT, the goal isn't to be the top dog. It's to have a damn good time playing! If someone questions the fidelity, bravery or integrity of a member, we aren't gonna just stand for jerks. I'll allow low levels, but not bad apples. (bravery being a bit technical, but the FBI motto has it down better than me).

I'll do as much as I can for the upcoming weekend to organize and let our guild thrive. I know some members of CTT don't like me. I know some people who need a guild that would fit CTT very nicely that don't like me. I don't want that to get in the way of the guild. I hope you guys can respect that regardless of your bias I will do my best to run the guild to its best. I hope you guys n' gals give CTT a chance with me in charge. I don't want to let anyone down :mrgreen:

This wasn't really meant to be a speech, but reading over it I guess it looks a whole lot like an acceptance speech doesn't it? Consider it involuntary sincerity! :) I care about you guys without even trying :P

P.S. Can someone give me 20k for making the guild please... :roll: :lol:
itblobboy

Postby EliasDaniel » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:55 pm

Blob I quit you get 20k ;)

(The website itself)
EliasDaniel

Postby itblobboy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:06 pm

EliasDaniel wrote:Blob I quit you get 20k ;)

(The website itself)

wha wha whut :o
itblobboy

Postby EliasDaniel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Lol, meet me in game for a surprise..
EliasDaniel

Postby itblobboy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:49 pm

Okay, I've been leader for a couple days and I've been brushing off recruiting.

We should decide on recruiting policy. There are a lot of good people that would like to join CTT, but determining if they can join needs to be based on more than just levels.

What do you guys suggest? Ideas on effective recruitment? Level requirements? Exceptions?

Interview policies? What kinds of things do you find important in members? How should we come across a consensus of the success of their application?

I'd like some people's two cents here. :)

And while we're on the topic of who's here, if anyone has a complaint about any CTT member, let me know. I'll investigate personally.

I have my own ideas, but as a tertiary family we should at least try to make decisions together.
itblobboy

Postby madchafer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:51 am

What happened to CTT?

I think it's because of itblobboy's leadership that cause this guild's inactive-ness. Anyhow, what about the guild race and the guild member level updates? Oh wait, derrickchoi went into Coke's guild. Hooray for Question Mark! #sarcasm
madchafer

Postby Mariofan1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:24 pm

I would join, but i have my own guild, and plus I'm thinking about the termination of mine due to inactivity. Maybe seeing if I could get a spot in Question Mark. CTT would be on my list though, When my guild's terminated i'll see an application to CTT
Mariofan1

Postby Gregore » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:59 pm

madchafer wrote:What happened to CTT?

I think it's because of itblobboy's leadership that cause this guild's inactive-ness. Anyhow, what about the guild race and the guild member level updates? Oh wait, derrickchoi went into Coke's guild. Hooray for Question Mark! #sarcasm

Although I can see why you'd attribute the decrease in activity to the change in leadership, I believe it's mostly due to other forces at work. Question Mark, for example, appeals to a good chunk of our former Filipino membership. The loss of other key members during my tenure also spurned a domino effect that is now more fully being felt now that formerly inactive former members are now active again. Further, I stopped recruiting during my last month as leader so that whoever was to come would have a cleaner plate to work with.
I've always been of the belief that a guild's success ultimately comes down to the cumulative effort of all its members. The leader really has two powers others don't have- approving/kicking members and editing the guild description. There have been other successful guilds where the most active member with respect to the guild's vitality has not been the leader. Anyone can take it upon theirself to help the guild flourish.
With Love,

Gregore

Postby itblobboy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:20 pm

madchafer wrote:What happened to CTT?

I'd like to say that I am trying very hard to get people to talk to me about the guild but I've been majorly utterly ignored. :x

Gregores point supports this too, I see...

I've been trying to get communication for quite a while but nobody cares to discuss it.

I ask for advice from members, opinions, etc... Nothing, or words of very little use. I don't know what to do for recruitment policy because its still a taboo subject, it seems. Forums, in-game... Ignored.

Now madchafer, speak with spite if you will, but I can't do anything with nothing. The solution is pushing me away. I'm not gonna lie, I've eased up my priorities because of it pretty strong, but I'm still trying-- to no avail.

If we want to be a good guild, we can't just be in it, we have to be part of it \m/(__)\m/
itblobboy

Postby madchafer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Uhh, we are part of it if we joined the guild right? So, you've gotta communicate with the noobs though. Whether you just make your player idle, spend some time talking to strangers. Or talk to your friends instead. Especially me...I'm. So. Lonely.
madchafer

Postby Chicken_P_Pot » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Wow... I haven't seen CTT so inactive before. I used to always pass at least 2-5 people from the guild, but now I hardly see anyone pass and say hi anymore... :(
Chicken_P_Pot

Postby itblobboy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Chicken_P_Pot wrote:Wow... I haven't seen CTT so inactive before. I used to always pass at least 2-5 people from the guild, but now I hardly see anyone pass and say hi anymore... :(

I'm giving ownership off to someone else. I tried hard, I'm done. Someone else can spend hours a day trying to talk to people about the guild and get no responses and get complained to.

I make a better tactical leader than a community leader. That's proven true. But much worse, recruitment is a rock wedged between a bigger rock and a hard place.
itblobboy

Postby madchafer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:02 am

itblobboy wrote:
Chicken_P_Pot wrote:Wow... I haven't seen CTT so inactive before. I used to always pass at least 2-5 people from the guild, but now I hardly see anyone pass and say hi anymore... :(

I'm giving ownership off to someone else. I tried hard, I'm done. Someone else can spend hours a day trying to talk to people about the guild and get no responses and get complained to.

I make a better tactical leader than a community leader. That's proven true. But much worse, recruitment is a rock wedged between a bigger rock and a hard place.

And who are you gonna pass the leadership to? Not me, because I realized leading a guild can be quite a hassle. But then, back before the voting, I was convinced by Gregore to join. Speaking of Gregore, where the hell has he been? Summer is approaching, and it could be the best time to kick back, and enjoy the game
madchafer

PreviousNext

Return to Guilds