No
8%
Maybe
25%

Total votes : 12

War Guild Rankings List

Postby INFINITIVE » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Just an idea.
Basically what this is, is a ranking system for your guild to make it easier to have battles at GvG so that a really nooby guild doesnt face a really good guild. You get your groups rank by adding up all of your members levels.
Attachments
War guild pic.PNG
War guild pic.PNG (7.78 KiB) Viewed 1925 times
Last edited by INFINITIVE on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INFINITIVE

Re: War Guild Rankings List

Postby itblobboy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:30 pm

I don't exactly understand this.

Give me some information on what the hell you are suggesting. :lol:

The best I can guess so far is that you want the level added up to go into a section based on the total guild level.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Gregore » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Is War Guild your guild? If so, you can add up your levels and compare it to the chart to answer the pole, yes? I haven't met your guild so I don't feel like a valid judge.
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby Stabber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:33 pm

I think you should be able to see your guild's power (sum of member's levels) and its rank, but your ranking system will get obsolete as the average level of players increases. If you keep working on your idea, then the last rank should be renamed.
Stabber

Postby INFINITIVE » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Basically what this is, is a ranking system for your guild to make it easier to have battles at GvG so that a really nooby guild doesnt face a really good guild. You get your groups rank by adding up all of your members levels
Last edited by INFINITIVE on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INFINITIVE

Postby INFINITIVE » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:07 pm

For example, a good match in GvG would be a professional guild vs a professional guild or maybe an advanced guild vs an advanced guild. a bad match would be for example a mythical guild vs a professional guild.
INFINITIVE

Postby Naruto » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:15 am

Wouldn't the top 5 guilds already be at a Legendary or Mythical level? :P But I like it, could be useful in Guild Wars later on to show who you're really up against.
Naruto

Postby Gregore » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:28 am

Ah, I completely misunderstood what the post was about. Oopsie!

I think the top rank should be renamed. That it is the name of an existing guild seems a bit biased. I also think the term Noob has acquired an inherent negativity since it is so often used derogatorily against someone who isn't, in fact, new to the game.
With Love,

Gregore

Postby Tomatha » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:03 am

Thought about that highest rank for a while, and I can't think of a better word for being so far mythical it's become legendary other than the word Legendary.
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby Gregore » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:29 am

They're synonyms.
Perhaps Mythical should move up to Legendary and a new word should replace Mythical? That way Legendary could be the Mythical Legendary rather than the Legendary Legendary.
With Love,

Gregore

Postby Contressa » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:31 pm

I think the top rank should be "The Devils Army" instead of Legendary.. but idk, my opinion could be jaded. Other than that, i like it
Contressa

Postby Naruto » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:17 am

Contressa wrote:I think the top rank should be "The Devils Army" instead of Legendary.. but idk, my opinion could be jaded. Other than that, i like it

Legendary is a type of ranking not the actual guild named Legendary..... so if the top ranking was named "The Devil's Army" then that would be biased. I think that Legendary should be renamed to "Godlike" or "Godly"....somewhere along those lines but definitely not the name of an existing guild as a guild ranking.
Naruto

Postby Contressa » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Naruto, i was kinda kidding about that. My point was, even though i am aware that it would be a common ranking system, it would be biased to introduce it in the game as "Legendary", considering the long standing #1 guild name.
Contressa

Postby Contracter » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:51 pm

R3v3r3nd would be amateur by himself :|
If giving a damn is inconvience right-click it and open in a new tab so you don't have to press back :D
Spoiler: show
Contracter

Postby BarrettM82A1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:32 am

I would think that it should be more of a logarithmic scale, because leveling up, as with prices and such in this game relies more on expoential scales rather than linear ones

So maybe something semi-logarithmic, more like 0, 50, 150, 250, 600, 1200, 2000, 5000, 10000, 25000, ect..
so a group of low-levels dont need to find a group of level 40s to get to the second rank, maybe just a few members that are like, level 15, can easily rise above the derogatory status that is "noob", and, if it was a linear scale, guilds can level much faster, for although they need more exp to level up, people are stronger, and can kill much faster, so after a point, youll see the guilds the time between ranking up decrease, so a logarithmic scale could fix that

also: is this purely for reference? or will it have any effect on the game?
BarrettM82A1

Postby Konrad » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:20 am

BarrettM82A1 wrote:I would think that it should be more of a logarithmic scale, because leveling up, as with prices and such in this game relies more on expoential [sic] scales rather than linear ones

Your reasoning has been confused here.

Since there's already an exponential rise in XP required w.r.t. level progression, the total effort required to level up has already been calibrated to counteract your stronger equipment and player stats. Hence, levels can already be used to rank gametime/XP in a linear fashion.

BarrettM82A1 wrote:...although they need more exp to level up, people are stronger...the time between ranking up decrease

Think about it. The time it takes to get from Lvl 0-100 is comparable to Lvl 300-310.
Progressively widening the Guild Rankings' boundaries is the complete opposite of what should be done. The majority of the guilds would be in the first few categories, whilst the top 20 guilds would all be stuck in the same "10000-25000" category for well over a year.
Konrad

Return to Guilds