The End of an Arc

Post here for things completely unrelated to Helmet Heroes.

The End of an Arc

Postby Prostatus5 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:26 pm

The removal of what was keeping the game alive, however corrupt, is (in my opinion) the end of the HH arc. The game is probably going to start it's fizzle out, and people will start leaving.

What once was weekly updates turned into monthly updates, biyearly, then a fade out. The mob "events" won't exist anymore, even though they weren't really events seeing as they were happening all the time.

Regardless of that, I'll always have memories of this game, because it's changed me forever. I've met friends that I'll never be able to unmeet and stories I'll be able to tell for as long as I live. I hope people will remember the game for what it once was and not what it recently became. Here, I'll share my stories as well as what I'm planning to do later on in my life:

I remember first reaching level 100. I remember exactly where I was and what I killed. I was in the swamp with all of the great frogs, sniping them one by one, when finally that magic number happened upon my character. That day was one of the best.

I remember joining The Soup Warrior at a measly level 34. Miso was extremely generous and gave me 100k upon joining the guild, figuring I'd be a good enough recruit that I'd train myself up. I think I did a pretty good job at that at the time.

I remember ihasarchery giving me my repguana helmet in the depths of the wastelands, completing the set and making my archer that much stronger.

I remember sitting in Skype calls with Lu__Bu for hours on end, making memes and playing random games we'd find. I can still go back to my skype account and scroll through years of history, and he'll forever be the best friend I've made on the game.

I'm sure everyone has their own stories they had while playing the game, so share them below here! I'd love to read them all and I'm sure a lot of other people would as well. As for me... I have something in store to keep the game's shell in existence, at least on Youtube. I'll be sure to link it when it finally comes through. In real life, I'm currently working on my senior year and am going to be going to college next spring for music theory!

Before wrapping this up, I invite everyone to join the Helmet Heroes Community discord! We've been renamed because we're making attempts at continuing the community aspect while shifting away from the game itself, however there's still a section there if you want to talk about it.

Thank you, Robby, for this fantastic world you brought upon thousands of people.
thanks naughty!^^
Spoiler: show

Kudos to Link Nestar ^^
http://steamcommunity.com/id/prostatus_5/ <-------- Add me on Steam!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCopJCRdg046d0q3a7ctdJZQ<-----subscribe
ArqDemon wrote:??? what is water
Prostatus5

Re: The End of an Arc

Postby Mariofan1 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Now that coke isn't a mod anymore, the forums are eventually going to wither due to no actual moderation... UNLESS HE MAKES ME A FORUM MOD GOD DAMNIT!

... Ingame is still pitiful, no update for, what, 2/3 years...? Proven corruption all throughout with little to no notice...

I think this is just The End honestly...

Spending so many years, so much time, so much work to try to improve HH to get overlooked, along side so many other people. Early warnings, reportings ignored from people about dupes in the past... so much lead to this point. Final blow? p much
Mariofan1

Postby omega5 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:43 pm

Depressing. I haven't been active on HH for years but sooner rather than later everything's going to die. My 2k forum posts of pure spam gone. My 160 or so levels gone. My few pets gone. One of the coolest communities is bouta die. The forums were already dead but now with no mods they'll be even more dead.

F
omega5 wrote:We are all Robby's children and he left us in a hot car.
omega5

Postby usubusu » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:34 pm

It's... just sad, really. All of this is just sad. Helmet Heroes used to be this wonderful little game where most people knew each other, and everyone was having a great time. I mean, just look at MisoSoup247. That guy is basically the epitome of what this game used to be. And all their videos proudly present that. That happy little community that had gathered around the game. All of that... now gone.

Many people spent hundreds, probably thousands of hours playing HH, all of which is more or less just wasted time, now. A lot of us even spent far more money than anyone should ever realistically spend on a flash game. Simply because it was actually worth it back then. That alone is an incredible achievement for a game as simple as this. Now, however, with the disgustingly high amount of exploitation going on, it's become a competition between who can cheat the most and who can spend the most. And apparently those who can bribe Coke the most. And those loyal and fair players who weren't willing to empty their wallets for a silly little game? They're gone. And that's largely what has ruined the game.

Now, for the initial modding of coke_na_rc, I'm just going to go ahead and say it: That was never a good idea. His behavior, lack of respect for players, unprofessional writing, and lack of care for the general code of conduct any moderator should follow had always been a major red flag for me. And probably for many others, as well. Giving someone that much power simply because they were the first to reach level 1000 is just... questionable, to say the least. This goes for anyone you're considering making a moderator.

And Robby, if you're reading this, please. Stop lying to yourself. You know the game is dying. Everyone does. Sure, one might still be able to play the game, but that doesn't mean people will do so. All that's really left now are the hackers, scammers, dupers and whatnot. Pretty much the only "legit" players nowadays are those who "AFK" using pets. Which is such a broken mechanic that it may as well be considered cheating. So no, the game is definitely dying. If it isn't already dead.

HOWEVER. That does not mean the game can't be saved. By no means. If you continue to leave the game on its own as you are now, it will 100% die within a year or two. But with a little initiative and work on the game, you could easily bring back the game, community and life that is Helmet Heroes. Honestly, even just you paying a slight amount of attention to the game is enough to make a lot of players happy at this point. Imagine actually updating the game? Yeah, that could easily bring back a lot of attention. Seriously, Robby, you really do have a gift for making these kinds of games, and it really did show back in those first few golden years. The community was there and thriving, because so were you. You have the skills to make games, and back then you, and everyone playing HH, had passion, and that's what brought success. Now, it seems like that passion for the game has died, and so has the game itself. But does it really have to be that way?
Credit to RaptorZ7 for the art!

Need wood for crafting?
- I can get it for free!
http://helmet-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=58241
usubusu

Postby hamiam6705 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Yes... This game is dead but you leaving and giving up on it will ONLY make it worse. Why do you think robby left in the first place? Because of the game dying and he wanted to restart. The only way he will update this game or even notice us is in our hands. We can either bring this game back into power or we can let it die and disperse. Dont leave now after all the work you have put into this game. This game cant go down like this.

Brothers and Sisters stick with me! C;

the_boss_boy
Stay Forsaken Boiz
hamiam6705

Postby Boozy » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:06 am

What I'd like to see happen even if the game was to remain stale as a month old loaf of bread is a separate new "reboot" player.io server and new mobile accounts automatically get placed in it.

New players (you know, the new mobile market you just entered Robby) are easily offput to a game where players are years ahead of their progress. Years of time creating an environment where new players are simply made fun of and given no socal chance. Plus mix in the years of :: cheat -> patch / cheat -> patch:: and now Coke's unravel of clear cheating for other players (and let's not kid ourselves here, if he did this, he also cheated for himself over the years) I'd say it's about time for a do-over and see how the game plays out on mobile, freshly

I could easily go on and on but
Boozy

Postby xDan1610x » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:25 am

Boozy wrote:What I'd like to see happen even if the game was to remain stale as a month old loaf of bread is a separate new "reboot" player.io server and new mobile accounts automatically get placed in it.

New players (you know, the new mobile market you just entered Robby) are easily offput to a game where players are years ahead of their progress. Years of time creating an environment where new players are simply made fun of and given no socal chance. Plus mix in the years of :: cheat -> patch / cheat -> patch:: and now Coke's unravel of clear cheating for other players (and let's not kid ourselves here, if he did this, he also cheated for himself over the years) I'd say it's about time for a do-over and see how the game plays out on mobile, freshly

I could easily go on and on but

coke did a big mistake **LOL** but lmao you don’t have to judge him
xDan1610x

Postby Mariofan1 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:43 am

xDan1610x wrote:coke did a big mistake **LOL** but lmao you don’t have to judge him

Yes? We do? The dude literally created new accounts and accepted bribes to unfairly progress players? that is a MAJOR thing to judge him on? Are you high?
Mariofan1

Postby therealcoder870 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:50 am

It is sad indeed, I've seen many games come and go, many with talent but then die after time. Unfortunately this is happening to this game, and after 7 1/2 years now I'm sad to see that it'll be gone. I remember when I joined, but it was hilarious cause I didn't play long in 2013, I just quit after that, but I've played long enough on this game to realize what it did for everyone. The people it brought together, the memories we all shared, and the great times we had. Let it be people riding the old train system in the proteum area or the slot machine days. Old memories that can never torn away. Plus the strong guilds that were made, we all become great friends. The memories of helmet heroes will never die. Never let the fire burn out my friends stay strong.
therealcoder870

Postby therealcoder870 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:58 am

Mario, I'm sure everyone shares the same bitterness. Coke had banned players of cheating innocent or not, and behind are backs was secretly a cheater himself. I'm kinda bitter about myself cause I respected him for the longest time. And for him to do this is a huge slap in the face. Dan this is why people are mad, he banned players for cheating even if the accusers who blamed the cheater was lying, then went right behind everyone's back and cheated himself. He does deserve some judgement for actions and i hate to say it but he brought it on himself. Time will pass though, but please don't be surprised if people will become bitter about coke for awhile.
therealcoder870

Postby None » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:32 pm

I was 11 when I stepped upon the land of bouncers. Fucking 11. Now I'm getting ready to be done with high school. What the fuck. This game was my childhood and I really did grow up with this game. This game actually taught me a lot of things at a young age. How to bargain, how to talk to friends. Sad to see it dead, but we all saw this coming. Goodbyes are always hard

Respect
IGN: TorchReignited Discord: None #4420
#DetectiveSquad Buying Power/Range books and shinies 40k each
I don't want to run away, from my destiny.
None

Postby therealcoder870 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:48 pm

Respect man hate to see ya leave.
therealcoder870

Postby Sadness » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:31 am

damn that nostalgic shit got me in my feelings :?
I miss frap, damn.
Sadness

Postby Ten » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:32 pm

Its funny, most of my good memories are just talking with other people rather than actually playing the game. In fact, I don't have a single good memory with grinding in HH.

safe to say that I don't care if this game dies as long as the people that played it still stay in touch with me
Ten

Postby Nashthekiller » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:51 am

Lmao good thing a classmate introduced me to this game. I wont stop playing even if im making little progress everytime
Nashthekiller

Postby Lucifa_ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:39 pm

Don't quit Don't leave , That is the only thing we can do to save the game. giving up on it only make it worse :( :roll:
Youtube Channel : Chrollo Lucifa
#TeamLucifa
#LUCIFA2020
#DavaoChapter
#HelmetHeroes
Lucifa_

Postby Mariofan1 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:22 am

Lucifa_ wrote: Don't quit Don't leave , That is the only thing we can do to save the game. giving up on it only make it worse :( :roll:

Its hard to play a game that hasn't been updated in, now 3 years? I've lost track, I don't even want to log on to check the logs because that's how over I am for the game...

Also, it's hard to play a game that the Owner himself, robby, as completely cut off and disregarded. He'll come back every month and just dip his head in, see theres 5 new posts for the month and go back to working on Eliatopia, a game thats been in development for over a year and still doesn't surpass 10 players consistently! Eliatopia couldn't have even been made with the platform it has if Helmet Heroes didn't exist, yet robby wants to dash this game aside and work on a project that sucks up all the revenue from HH, without making it better.

Easiest way to make robby care at this point is for someone to just delete the game/ boycott spending so he has a reason to check why No-one cares about this game anymore, just as robby doesn't care about it himself. I'm surprise I was idiotic enough to not see this when he just gave Coke_na_rc god-perms and dished off to do something else, he literally gave HH to coke to care for so robby could just work on his main project, casting this game aside.

Its hacker infested, Its duper infested, people are getting false banned for no reason, and robby doesn't remotely care to fix it, although it's been an issue for such a long time. Its bot infested, it's filipino infested despite the PH region meaning to be BLOCKED! He doesn't care, we shouldn't care so the game dies, and robby will have to revive the game and care for it again, which will make it worth playing.

Its even more irritating to see this game degrade over the span of, holy sh-, around 7 years now, from an owner who cared and was involved to someone who doesn't remotely care. Just as Tens said, hopefully I can somewhat keep in contact with people from HH and maybe talk to them when I'm wayy older, forming online friendships.

Alas, quoted from robby: "HeLmEt HeRoEs WoNt DiE yEt" ... yeah robby, you'll try to keep it so you can steal peoples money and fund your Eliatopia job which is composed of yes-men who want to be paid to work with you. Nice work robby. :x
Mariofan1

Postby DemXep » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:53 am

Even though this thread is inactive, just wanted to post something.

I remember when I first hit level 100, I was momentarily the happiest kid on Earth. That level up sound, that 3 digit number, the fact that I was part of that "3 digit number" club made me feel so special. I was grinding frogs at the time, and it was amazing.

Still remember the time where I was finally able to don on the Beholder set. Grinded so much just for that particular set, and it really made me feel like a whole new person, like wow - I'm actually level 130+ (or something, forgot)

And back when the game was actually lively, full of amazing people throughout the community, I remember just standing in robo city, looking at what set to get next, when all of the sudden, coke_na_rc pm'ed me (yes...) and told me something along the lines of "where are you right now?" I replied "robo city" and he just simply told me to wait there. What seemed like 5 seconds later, he initiated a trade with me, and gave me a skull crusher helmet, for what seemed like nothing. I thought I was supposed to give something in return, but he just confirmed the trade and just like that - I got a helmet of a set I was working next on getting.

But that's not even the best part. He gave me around 200 tickets as well, to buy area teleport. My mind then was blown - to get this kind of gift from a top level player, who was still a respectable person at the time? Felt amazing.

Keep in mind, I was roughly 9-10 years old. I didn't even hit puberty yet. It really sucks to see this game just fade away, after all, I learned so many things from this game. How to grind, how to bargain for trades, heck, even know how to type faster, was all because of this game.

This game was amazing for what it was back then. But now, it's just...there. Nothing's happening to it, no updates, no bug fixes, the creator's not even doing anything at this point. I bet, with a new update, particularly the ones that I've seen on the Suggestions thread, would get this game rising again. One such example is Flashlight237's. Dude's an amazing person with equally awesome suggestions. From his suggestions of beefender, 9 new slimes, birds, spiders, even hemalceous park. I love looking at his artworks because it felt like it was actually PART of the game, and because of the amount of positivity and feedback he gained from his work. Adding his suggestions could possibly make the game popular again.

But for now, the game's not moving anywhere. It's full of people crowding around mushroom village and robo city, spamming messages about how they're trading a pet for 250k. It hurts to see that this is what is left after an amazing and beautiful game...
DemXep

Return to Off Topic