Town of Salem Players Meet Up

Post here for things completely unrelated to Helmet Heroes.

What is your favorite faction in Town of Salem?

Town Protective
No votes
Town Support
No votes
Town Investigative
5%
Town Killing
5%
Mafia Killing
40%
Mafia Support
No votes
Mafia Deception
No votes
Neutral Killing
25%
Neutral Evil
15%
Neutral Benign
10%

Total votes : 20

Town of Salem Players Meet Up

Postby Naruto » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:53 am

Hello ToS players,

Well today, I started playing ToS with itblobboy and Gret and we have come up with the mutual interest of creating a game with 15 or so Helmet Hero players who also play ToS so that could play a few matches together.

Right now, the known ToS players are:

jellyjub (itblobboy)
FstMario (FstMario)
SoulSlayerHH (SOUL_SLAYER)
Tomatha (Tomatha)
deathsembrace (fallenangel)
SirGret (Gret)
LegendaryNaruto (Naruto)
StormNinja (StormNinja)
LegendarySasuke (Sasuke)
belding (belding)
ToadX (Lu__Bu)
Patterwow (Pwow)
mylittlepony123 (rex24602)
TheTylerLee (TheTylerLee)
buddyguy14 (kreludor949)
Tone (EliasDaniel)

Green is their ToS name. Black is their HH name.

If there are any other players, do feel free to join in!

I am personally free 12:00PM -10:00PM UTC+12 Hours.

From player responses, we will then have to organize a time where it suits everyone.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-

To all the new players of ToS, there is also a role list which has in-depth explanations of each character's purpose and role andit also contains strategies on how to play. This list can be found on the Town of Salem Wiki and I have provided a direct link to it here:

Town of Salem Role Explanation and Strategy Guide

Personally when I play, I have the link containing the roles open in another tab. Once the game loads and informs me of my role, I immediately go to this role list, click my selected role and from there, figure out the best way to survive.
Last edited by Naruto on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:30 am, edited 10 times in total.
Naruto

Re: Town of Salem Players Meet Up

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:19 am

Be sure to check it out and tell your friends! :arrow:

I would really like this.

Unfortunately, a lot of people differ on their perception of "fun" on Town of Salem. Some people believe it is more entertaining to get together all in the same room IRL and mess with the outsiders in a ridiculous and improbably game. It's quite a sad way to dedicate their lives, but they enjoy it.

However, the more of us that play at a time, the less chance of scrubs like these throwing games for their weird pleasure. Because, well, it ruins a game. Just went through a group of 8 people all in a room irl, so no matter who they vote for they have the majority rule. Like I said, sad; but that's why we need the HH squad to roll out 8-)

Also I am free literally any time of any day of the month. (JK, but I'm on often).
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Tomatha » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:35 am

itblobboy wrote:Unfortunately, a lot of people differ on their perception of "fun" on Town of Salem. Some people believe it is more entertaining to get together all in the same room IRL and mess with the outsiders in a ridiculous and improbably game. Just went through a group of 8 people all in a room irl, so no matter who they vote for they have the majority rule.

I haven't played enough to know if you can do a friends game with 7 alts, but wouldn't that also be a problem?
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby MisoSoup247 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:11 am

Can someone give me a list of some helpful tips? I played my first game this morning of ToS and I did the mistake of not reading the rules or anything... I'm pretty sure I messed up.

Here is my story to those interestest:

Spoiler: show
I was a medium and didn't know how to use my powers until day 4. But I died that night... :cry:
MisoSoup247

Postby Naruto » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:22 am

Tomatha wrote:
itblobboy wrote:Unfortunately, a lot of people differ on their perception of "fun" on Town of Salem. Some people believe it is more entertaining to get together all in the same room IRL and mess with the outsiders in a ridiculous and improbably game. Just went through a group of 8 people all in a room irl, so no matter who they vote for they have the majority rule.

I haven't played enough to know if you can do a friends game with 7 alts, but wouldn't that also be a problem?

Well 7 other alts could be a problem as it could be used to significantly boost the survival chances of a selected character by providing the necessary deception and pawns to guard your main character but it could be interesting if there was 5 players with 3 alts each to see whose the best at subterfuge.
Naruto

Postby Naruto » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:22 am

MisoSoup247 wrote:Can someone give me a list of some helpful tips? I played my first game this morning of ToS and I did the mistake of not reading the rules or anything... I'm pretty sure I messed up.

Here is my story to those interestest:

Spoiler: show
I was a medium and didn't know how to use my powers until day 4. But I died that night... :cry:

Well after killing a whole town today as the Serial Killer (with the exception of the Godfather because he can't be killed at night), I got the medium role in the next game but I didn't do anything with it so I must admit, I'm pretty stuck with that role as well. Chief, any tips for the medium role?

Having played this for awhile, here are the tips that I can give for the roles that I have been relatively successful in:

-If as a Serial Killer, repress the urges to kill any players at the start of the game. When I played as the SK, I let the Mafia place hits and kill people. When these people were killed, the Sheriffs and Investigators would make claims to say who they suspected and I would subtly agree with their suggestions. During votes, I would abstain from voting either guilty or innocent as to not create enemies and not to arouse suspicion. When the Look Out was wiped out, I then started killing people and my first kill was the Jester as without a Look Out, the chances of my presence being sensed when killing someone was minimal. I did get jailed once by the jailor, near the end but I killed him and escaped.

In the end, with 4 players left, with one of them known to be a Medium, one a Godfather and one working on the side of Townies, the mystery townie voted against me as did the Godfather. Fortunately for me, the Medium on their side was obsessed with finding out the truth from the dead players so I did not have to be submitted to the secondary voting process of either being innocent or guilty. I promptly killed the mystery townie that night who was a threat to me. This meant that only the Medium, the Godfather and I remained. The Medium pleaded to the SK to not kill him so he could find out the truth but the GF and I killed him that night and as both the GF and SK have night immunity and thus unable to kill each other. I won by default.

So in summation, as SK, do not start killing too early, let the Townies kill off the Mafia or vice versa and when one side is practically non existent, start picking off the other players off one by one. Murder just like in real life can be easily done flawlessly if the preparations are done right to minimize the chances of you being caught. The only problem is that once you start killing a mass of people, you tend to leave little patterns that the authorities can pick up, which lead to your death. As a Serial Killer, make sure that you make enough subtle conversation in the general chat to make sure that suspicion is not aroused. From the wills of the dead players, not one of them suspected me at all, that was until there were four players left and it was known that there was a SK, GF and a Medium so they knew it was me. Be nice, kill people only when necessary and when they are a threat to you and you should survive as you can't be killed at night; so as long as you prevent players from suspecting you to put you on trial, you are in a sense invincible.

I have to admit that my first time playing as SK, I got caught immediately. I was trying to kill someone and then itblobboy got in the way (Thanks Chief! :x ) and his Will told the other players that it was me so I promptly got lynched without being able to kill anyone at all which really annoyed me but taught me the patience of waiting it out and then killing everyone at a later date.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
-As a Veteran, try not to use your alert on the first turn, there's 15 players so there's a 1/14 chance that any SKs or mafia will kill you, so save the bullets for mid to late game. When I played as a Veteran for the first time, I played as the blonde woman character and I used the alert on my first turn and no one attacked me at all. However, there was another blonde lady that got killed by the SK on the first turn. Being a paranoid person and linking that we had the same character and that I might be targeted by the SK next, I used an alert for the second night and killed the SK who had come for me as well as a Doctor who visited me.

The hardest part with the Veteran is predicting when the Mafia or SK will try to kill you. The best strategy is to pretend to be a high target player like a Doctor and once you do that the chances of the Mafia or SK coming for you are high so the following night you state you are a Doctor, have your alert ready to kill anyone that comes to you. Openly stating that you are a Veteran usually deters the Mafia or SK from coming for you for the fear of being killed. This invisible threat worked for me even when I ran out of bullets. Unfortunately, when I was left with two other players, both of them were Mafia so they quickly had me lynched. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
-As a Doctor, you will be one of the most vital parts of the game, responsible for keeping your town members alive. DO NOT in ANY circumstance, draw attention to yourself as you only have one self heal and if you proclaim that you are the Doctor, then all the Mafia and Serial Killer attention will be focused on you so your survival chances will be around 1%. Try to identify who your allies are and heal them based on the importance of their roles. I'm not exactly good with this role as once I had it, I proclaimed it to everyone and they mauled the beejesus out of me.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
-As a Look Out, keep a detailed log of the people who visit other players so that in the event that you die, your allies can go through your log and through the process of elimination, deduce who most likely killed the person if a person visited was indeed killed. As a Look Out lacks immunity from being killed in day time and night time and as it doesn't heal allies, it really is only a support type that can be used to provide info to your allies informing them of the probable SKs or Mafia. I've played this role the most often but I find it less effective as an Investigator and as a Sheriff.
-As a Jester, most Jesters usually troll or spam things in order to aggravate players to lynch them so that they succeed in their goal. However, I find this unskilled and unprofessional. I got Jester once and I did not spam anything at all. The only problem was that I didn't know how to create subtle suspicion so in the end I got killed at night by an SK. My will was:
"I got Jester. Lol. I don't feel like annoying anyone though as it's not a very nice thing to do."

Yeah, I'm really not good with the Jester class.
Naruto

Postby Mariofan1 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:43 am

I'm free any time at the day/week etc. Add me on FstMario
Mariofan1

Postby belding » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:02 am

i am belding on there.

I am not good.

I tried it while I was at work so I got distracted by people walking into my office which didn't help.

This is the story of my first game. I got executioner and it said who my target was. so first vote I threw his name out here. I was the only one to do so. I got thrown in jail. jailor asked why I voted him. I said "first game. he is my target. lol" I was immediately killed. 2 rounds later jailor was killed. he was my target....I guess I shared too much info. :roll:

I still am not 100% sure of the characters and their roles.
belding

Postby StormNinja » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:19 am

I almost won as a Argonist but lost due to a suck up to the mafias.

Pusheen.com

S.W.A.G = SOMETHING. WE . ASIANS. GOT
StormNinja

Postby Lu-Bu » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:11 am

Toadx Lu__Bu
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwGN06 ... yCg/videos
Hail the king of ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)'s
Lu-Bu

Postby Ameba » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:27 pm

What shoul I post in CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION?
Spell spambot backwards:
This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.

I dont know the answer XD
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AmebaChan
Ameba

Postby Lu-Bu » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Ameba wrote:What shoul I post in CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION?
Spell spambot backwards:

tobmaps
Lu-Bu

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:23 pm

Update yo list Naruto. :lol:

belding, username please? Note belding: The purpose of the game is DECEPTION. You do NOT want to be honest when you have nothing to tell that's truthful.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Seta » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:38 pm

i might join, how does one play this game?
Seta

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:57 pm

Seta wrote:i might join, how does one play this game?

Visit their website, as posted in the link on the second first post. Create an account, and you will see three things to help you on their website. A youtube video, which is a basic guide to the essentials of gameplay is at your bottom right. Then, on your top right there are four buttons: The question mark takes you to a moderately detailed FAQ. The card that says ROLES will bring you to a list of every role you can be in Town of Salem-- that roles list is essential to know.

I can also give you the Blob tutorial that I gave Naruto, but I tend to get way too in depth and it's hard to really absorb much knowledge out of it. Unless you're a good learner, in which case you master the game. :roll:

As a medium, you don't choose people using buttons to the bottom right corner. Instead, in the top left corner you see the variety ot buttons at the top, and you will see one that isn't normal. It looks like a sun. Click that button, and choose who is dead that you would like to talk to.
Last edited by itblobboy on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itblobboy

Postby Lu-Bu » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:00 pm

Search google or a search engine town of salem click a link and boom sign up with ur email and begin xD that how i did it
Lu-Bu

Postby Pwow » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Lu-Bu wrote:

Search google or a search engine town of salem click a link and boom sign up with ur email and begin xD that how i did it

Is it free?

Thanks to Proximity for this awesome sig!
Pwow

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Pwow wrote:
Lu-Bu wrote:

Is it free?

100% free to join, 100% free to play at all times. No in-game purchases, just donations. 8-)
itblobboy

Postby Ameba » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Lu-Bu wrote:
Ameba wrote:What shoul I post in CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION?
Spell spambot backwards:

tobmaps

No, it's not the answer :(
Anyone can give me the answer?
Ameba

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:01 pm

dummy wrote:What shoul I post in CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION?
Spell spambot backwards:

spambots
stobmaps

The answer is stobmaps
itblobboy

Postby Naruto » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:12 pm

itblobboy wrote:Update yo list Naruto. :lol:

List has been updated with belding's name and Lu-Bu's one. I've also added the wiki which contains the roles list and the role' s functions as well as strategies so that it helps players avoid being killed in the first few days and nights.
Naruto

Postby Ameba » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:20 pm

itblobboy wrote:
dummy wrote:What shoul I post in CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION?
Spell spambot backwards:

spambots
stobmaps

The answer is stobmaps

You have provided an invalid answer to the question. :cry:
Ameba

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Make sure it isn't case sensitive.
itblobboy

Postby Pwow » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:16 pm

[quot="itblobboy"]
Pwow wrote:
Lu-Bu wrote:

Is it free?

100% free to join, 100% free to play at all times. No in-game purchases, just donations. 8-) [/quote]
Cool 8-)

Thanks to Proximity for this awesome sig!
Pwow

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:19 pm

Online now if anyone wants to join up.
SOUL_SLAYER

Next

Return to Off Topic