Discussion Of The Post Removal

Post here for things completely unrelated to Helmet Heroes.

Discussion Of The Post Removal

Postby Mariofan1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:58 pm

Note: I've changed the topic name to "Discussion Of The Post Removal" since there have been lots of posts being removed

My Experiences: Whenever I post 1 thing, it either gets removed even though it is either on topic or off topic.

VV Others VV
Last edited by Mariofan1 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mariofan1

Re: Yet again staying away from the forums

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:41 pm

I suspect somebody is constantly reporting peoples posts because mine randomly get deleted aswell.
But in the end doesn't it have to go through a moderator?
So that leaves 3 people.

Rob, Gret and Deej.

Now can one of those three please reply?
SOUL_SLAYER

Postby itblobboy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:32 pm

SOUL_SLAYER wrote:I suspect somebody is constantly reporting peoples posts because mine randomly get deleted aswell.
But in the end doesn't it have to go through a moderator?
So that leaves 3 people.

Rob, Gret and Deej.

Now can one of those three please reply?

I've had odd post removals as well!

I made a very helpful post giving fairly thorough step-by-step instructions to upload a signature and it got REMOVED. I put sincere effort into making it accurate! :|

I'm quite dissatisfied about it. I think it may be one of two things:
A) A moderator is being too sensitive. I don't approve this on my beloved forums, personally, in that case.
B) A moderator is being lazy and removing any post seen reported, because all it does is leave a red exclamation mark next to the post. A mod may very well be feeding a troll with their lazy offensive post recognition. I approve of this far less than A.

There's lots of ideas I could throw out, but the point is, some moderator is quite trigger-happy with the delete post. I'm sorry, but it's true; I saw no reason to fully delete my helpful instructions among the other things.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:38 pm

All we can do now is wait.

Also some of the recent edits Mods have been doing have been kind of....demeaning, if you will.
The one coming to mind is from contractor, he said something like "Oh sh*t" and it got changed to "oh stinky doo doo poo poo" or something that just made him sound like a five year old. This is something else I'd just like to throw out there, but all we can do now is wait for a response.

Wouldn't it be ironic if this thread was deleted?
SOUL_SLAYER

Postby Mariofan1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:55 pm

I have an idea on who it is but i'm not going to 'name and shame' anyone...

and bump kindof
Mariofan1

Re: Discussion Of The Post Removal

Postby Caefer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:31 pm

i don't think i've ever had a post removed.
Caefer

Postby itblobboy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Caefer wrote:i don't think i've ever had a post removed.

You have to pay attention and look back at your previous posts. If you don't look for it, you won't see it.

Although I'm sure it's possible in only 211 posts to not have one removed. I'm just amazed I can't say damn as I please, but you can have it on your avatar with every single post. :roll:
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Mariofan1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:42 pm

I also believe someone was actually banned too because of this admin... I think it may have been SlayerBlade since he was talking to me and said he was banned by an admin last night :?
Mariofan1

Postby MisoSoup247 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Yesterday Fallenangel posted in my "Viper The Swine Thread" that hasnt been active in many many months and all she said was "Pikachu". Instead of deleting her post one of the moderaters instead deleted my old post, I know they did because it was there when I re-read the thread after fallenangel revived it but then when I checked again this morning it was deleted for no reason at all. My post had a short paragraph about Smilingfear and Gret being stuck in Vipers store and I made a joke about Viper kidnapping them to steal Grets pants and I also included a picture of Smilingfear & Gret tied up while Viper held up Gret's pants in the air. I understand if my post seemed inappropriate but I dont understand how a 2 month (maybe older I can't remember when I posted it) post gets deleted while a "pikachu" post is A-Ok.... :?
MisoSoup247

Postby StormNinja » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:02 am

Its smlingfear! i mean hes not ban on forums right?

Pusheen.com

S.W.A.G = SOMETHING. WE . ASIANS. GOT
StormNinja

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:57 am

StormNinja wrote:Its smlingfear! i mean hes not ban on forums right?

I'm not even sure where you pulled this out of but here's why it's NOT him if it wasn't obvious enough.

1-He was banned a long time ago in game, I'm not sure why he'd stick around on the forum.
2-He's not a mod or admin so it's not like he can edit things.
3-Where did you even pick that out from? Miso mentioned his name twice and suddenly it's him? Not likely.
SOUL_SLAYER

Postby StormNinja » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:07 pm

SOUL_SLAYER wrote:
StormNinja wrote:Its smlingfear! i mean hes not ban on forums right?

I'm not even sure where you pulled this out of but here's why it's NOT him if it wasn't obvious enough.

1-He was banned a long time ago in game, I'm not sure why he'd stick around on the forum.
2-He's not a mod or admin so it's not like he can edit things.
3-Where did you even pick that out from? Miso mentioned his name twice and suddenly it's him? Not likely.

uum ok? why are u being such a buthole? geez im 11

Pusheen.com

S.W.A.G = SOMETHING. WE . ASIANS. GOT
StormNinja

Postby fallenangel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:11 pm

MisoSoup247 wrote:Yesterday Fallenangel posted in my "Viper The Swine Thread" that hasnt been active in many many months and all she said was "Pikachu". Instead of deleting her post one of the moderaters instead deleted my old post, I know they did because it was there when I re-read the thread after fallenangel revived it but then when I checked again this morning it was deleted for no reason at all. My post had a short paragraph about Smilingfear and Gret being stuck in Vipers store and I made a joke about Viper kidnapping them to steal Grets pants and I also included a picture of Smilingfear & Gret tied up while Viper held up Gret's pants in the air. I understand if my post seemed inappropriate but I dont understand how a 2 month (maybe older I can't remember when I posted it) post gets deleted while a "pikachu" post is A-Ok.... :?

sry i was just viewing that topic becuz i was bored and i saw pikachu so i just had so say it beucz i had just got done watching pokemon for like 3 hours so i was drunk on pokemon and memories of first grade
Credits to miso
please give a damn (click signature)
Spoiler: show

If I could kill you, I would
But it's frowned upon in all fifty states
Having said that, burn in hell!
fallenangel

Location: The land of invisible blue unicorns where it rains nutella daily

Postby MisoSoup247 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:30 pm

fallenangel wrote:
MisoSoup247 wrote:Yesterday Fallenangel posted in my "Viper The Swine Thread" that hasnt been active in many many months and all she said was "Pikachu". Instead of deleting her post one of the moderaters instead deleted my old post, I know they did because it was there when I re-read the thread after fallenangel revived it but then when I checked again this morning it was deleted for no reason at all. My post had a short paragraph about Smilingfear and Gret being stuck in Vipers store and I made a joke about Viper kidnapping them to steal Grets pants and I also included a picture of Smilingfear & Gret tied up while Viper held up Gret's pants in the air. I understand if my post seemed inappropriate but I dont understand how a 2 month (maybe older I can't remember when I posted it) post gets deleted while a "pikachu" post is A-Ok.... :?

sry i was just viewing that topic becuz i was bored and i saw pikachu so i just had so say it beucz i had just got done watching pokemon for like 3 hours so i was drunk on pokemon and memories of first grade

No i'm not exactly angry at you, im angry at the person that deleted my old post :cry:
MisoSoup247

Postby lastmage » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:53 pm

me too

some of my post was deleted

i dont know why but that was just about Miso's real name

and that was just a "guess" about his real name

or maybe the Main Thread what just "Non-Sense"

********* EDIT **********

not just my post but the whole Thread was deleted
Knowlegde is POWER
lastmage

Postby MisoSoup247 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:04 pm

lastmage wrote:me too

some of my post was deleted

i dont know why but that was just about Miso's real name

and that was just a "guess" about his real name

or maybe the Main Thread what just "Non-Sense"

********* EDIT **********

not just my post but the whole Thread was deleted

you guessed my real name? what was your guess? :lol:
I wish I could have seen this thread :c
MisoSoup247

Postby INFINITIVE » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:09 pm

My post of Robby jumping on a trampoline in real life got deleted too. :cry:
INFINITIVE

Postby Deej » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:34 pm

If a post is deleted or edited, it is inappropriate in some way. Either too much of the post is off topic, or in violation of a forum rule. Post deletion/editing is lenient compared to stacking up warnings. Besides, inappropriate material makes for an unwelcoming community. I can't speak for anyone else, but if I logged into a forum and all I saw was off topic rambling, pictures of over half naked people, insults, and obscenities everywhere, I wouldn't want to be a member of that community. Unless, of course, that is the kind of forum i was trying to join. :lol:
Deej

Postby fallenangel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Deej wrote:all I saw was off topic rambling, pictures of over half naked people, insults, and obscenities everywhere, I wouldn't want to be a member of that community. Unless, of course, that is the kind of forum i was trying to join. :lol:

oooooohh someone help me find a site like that.... :roll: :lol: jk

how is robby bouncing on a tramoline inapropriate though
INFINITIVE wrote:My post of Robby jumping on a trampoline in real life got deleted too. :cry:

am i the only one who really wants to see that...
Credits to miso
please give a damn (click signature)
Spoiler: show

If I could kill you, I would
But it's frowned upon in all fifty states
Having said that, burn in hell!
fallenangel

Location: The land of invisible blue unicorns where it rains nutella daily

Postby M668 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:37 am

So about one and a half months ago:
M668 wrote:How about every time you make a violation you receive the reason (i.e. via receiving a PM with the explanation)? If that's too much, then why not make the information available to the rule breaker on a "need to know" basis (i.e. contacting the moderators via PM)?

You only replied:
Deej wrote:If you receive a warning, the reason will be listed.

But I had meant what you have just now stated:
Deej wrote:If a post is deleted or edited, it is inappropriate in some way... in violation of a forum rule.
M668

Return to Off Topic