Creation of a Nation Official Gameplay!

Post here for things completely unrelated to Helmet Heroes.

Re: Creation of a Nation Official Gameplay!

Postby itblobboy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:05 pm

In case anyone is wondering, I'm working on my application. I'll probably post it tomorrow though. If you guys could, repost your application. I'll see if I can get Naruto, and I'll go over it again.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby itblobboy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:44 pm

My application <- Approved by myself. :lol: Sorry it took so long. Thanks to Tomatha for accidently reminding me to post.

Starting “Philosophy”: Economic - (We like to trade with others and ourselves for money because a rich population is a happy population),
militant - (We can put up a better fight than Poland if Germany attacks),
scientific - (We like GMO corn and fancy new stuffs),
and isolationism - (We aren't very close and open with other nations, and like to keep it that way. Like Greenland or something (Note that this has no benefit to my maximum starting limitations, so I did not give it a percentage)).

Totalling at 100%, how much does your nation focus on each philosophy in percentage: Economic 35%, militant 25%, scientific 40%.

The name of the forum account that will rule this country (Account transfers must be requested by both forum accounts for confirmation!): itblobboy

The name of the country: Itblobbia

Land being claimed (Maximum size of the state of Minnesota, at 225,181 km²): Sommerset Island, Bathurst Island, King William Island, Russel Island, Prince of Wales Island, Prescott Island, Pandora island, Lock island, Vivian Island, Binstead Island, Matty Island, Young Island (Note that this is the one north of Russel Island), Cornwallis Island, Little Cornwallis Island, Griffeth Island, Lowther Island, Sommerville Island, Browne Island, Truro Island, Milne Island, Houston Stewart Island, Crozier Island, Barring Island, Baillie-Hamilton Island, and a bunch of minor islands in the region that are so minor they aren't even referenced in my online research. (Seriously, not even the names. That's some serious uncharted area :? ) - Approximately 100,000 km².

Reason (If you need to add this.): I like archipelagos, but I like the subarctic too. Things just seemed to work out when there was an arctic archipelago in Canadia, so then the revolution began, and nothing really stopped it...

The country’s ruler: BlubberBlob

Government Type (Ex. Democracy, Geniocracy, Oligarchy, etc... If its an original concept, please briefly describe it): We have a council of 24 members and one chieften, for 25 votes in total. They vote on all decisions, while the chieften is the public figurehead of the group who will make the speeches and what-not about the results.

Citizen Population (Starting maximum of 100,000 citizens with 100% economic bend, 50,000 with 0% and anywhere between based on percentage. Minimum of 5,000): 64,000 peoples.

Troop Population (Starting maximum of 10,000 soldiers with 100% militant bend, 5,000 with 0%) (These are separate of the citizen population. For example, if you have 50,000 citizens and 5,000 troops, your total population of people is 55,000): We have about 4,000 soldiers.

Types of Soldiers:
2,000 of them are in the IIN - Itblobbian International Navy. We have 10 destroyers known by the Hesen class name, which are basically nuclear icebreakers with modifications such as added Bofors 57 mm Mk 1 and a few 3 guns, 6 M2 Browning heavy machine guns, and thicker armor designed to help it withstand attacks. These take a 150 man compliment, totaling at 1500 of the IIN. The IIN also has 15 fast attack crafts of the unique Heseil class. They each require a compliment of 30, and are each equipped with a "Super rapid" OTO Melara 76 mm gun and 6 M2 Browning heavy machine guns. Naturally, all navy officered get a personal uniform and personal arm of the FN Minimi.

The other 2000 are in the IIM, Itblobbian International Military. Their funding isn't even remotely as good as the IIN, which is also not too well funded, but the IIN is reputable for MOOTW. The soldiers are mostly uniformly equipped with uniforms and with the RPK-74 and sidearm of the Browning Hi-Power. There are a few hundred special soldiers equipped with anti-tank, snipers, etc. Regarding armor/vehicles, we have 20 Bison APCs, 5 LAV III anti infantry vehicles, and 4 of a modified Leopard 2 which is somewhat smaller at the cost of armor, with a minor speed increase and more space for rounds. It's called the CV 0209 and is built for anti-armor.

(In case anyone is using my application as an example, you do NOT have to be this specific. I just like details to know what I'm working with and for the other player's comfort)

Economy Type (Ex. Free Market, Mercantilism, etc... If its an original concept, please briefly describe it.): Capitalism. We take relatively high tax rates at the moment, but we need it to keep it up.

Starting Date (What date is it when you are applying/applied?): 7/9/14

Please make a brief summary of the CoaN rules so that we know you understand them-- it can even be in one sentence, but we want proof you won’t break them. (if you have questions about the rules, ask here!): I wrote them, damn it! This is blasphemy!

Miscellaneous information you would like to share: Itblobbia is a nation that kind of just wants things to "chill" out. Get it? Haha... Ha. Seriously though, it's main goal is to prosper and get allies to help do our bidding if we need 'em. Of course, the military is nice for preventing anyone from picking a fight. Not the most well invested aspect, but that doesn't matter.

Housing is nice. Since we are in the subarctic, almost all our resources are imported. However, stone is not one of those. Many of our houses are built of stone, sometimes combined with wood. Power runs to the majority of homes, and almost all of our power is hydrolic, the rest being fossil fuel and stuff. Roads are known to require an annoying amount of upkeep.

Farming is hardly an option. Almost all farming is with heavily GMO'd cold resistance potatoes and cold season plants, all of which occurs on Bathurst Island.

Hunting/herding/fishing, which is the much more widespread option, causes our diet to naturally consist of a priority of meats rather than any other food group. Hunting mainly consists of muskoxen, caribou, arctic hares, lemmings, seals, wolves (Usually not directly hunted, but often encountered aggressively enough so to be considered game), arctic foxes, and various birds. It's hard to house domestic animals, although that doesn't mean it isn't done indoors, which helps create dairy products and a wider variety of foods.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby kreludor949 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:48 pm

I'm going to add a background story on Britannia.

THE INTRO

Britannia is the successor of the United Kingdom. The old nobilities were tempted by power and sought power through war, which had resulted in the deaths of almost all existing members of the aristocracy. There was only one member of royalty still alive. Not wanting to break tradition, Britannia created the new constitutional monarchy, disbanded and reformed the former nations into one. Nobody knows the origins of the current ruler, some sources say he is Welsh but ultimately, this secret is to be protected until it is lost to avoid political dissent.

THE GOOD

Housing is varied. In the English district, comprises mostly of high rises, towers and other tall structures. In the Scottish district lies historical buildings, many gothic styled designs and la mansions. Apartments are sparse and newer buildings also follow the philosophy of spacious with fields way of design. In the Welsh district, there is great diversity: industry, commerical, residental, with many different styles and even some of the new bio-friendly buildings. This is all due to the investment policies, which has successfully made the Welsh district one of the world's most invested areas in the world thanks to the mighty financial focus of Britannia.

Military bases are scattered throughout the far outreaches of districts as well as few of the hundreds of islands surrounding the nation.

In terms of industry and technology, the latest innovations are available in many locations in the Welsh district. However, without the continued partnership of our allies, industry in Britannia is but a small fraction of it's GDP. The only notable domestic industry is the manufacture of basic medical supplies: syringes, gloves, adhesive plasters, scalpels, etc.

In the agricultural sector, the bulk of the burden lies in the Scottish district, where 80% of all domestic farming products are produced. Even so, the combined domestic produce is only enough to provide for 66.66% of the total population. Thus, Britannia imports its deficits from more fruitful nations.

In services, the English district contains the HQ of all major utility service providing companies as well as other services from banking to construction to the teacher's union. GDP from services greatly outweights industry and agriculture.

Our major exports are, in order of worth: Tourism, Medical supplies, Textiles, Silver
Our major imports are, in order of worth: Raw minerals, Technology, Food, Gold

THE BAD

Following a recent corruption controversy in the national stock exchange, stockholders have begun to lose trust and started a selling spree. As a result the prices of stocks decreases greatly and a number of companies have declared bankruptcy. The worst is yet to come. Foreign investors are expected to withdraw overseas assets. This combined with the bankruptcy of various companies pose a serious threat to employment and our access to cheaper high-teched goods. The country fears that these cycles of inactivity might trigger a great depression similar to it's former colony.
kreludor949

Postby itblobboy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 pm

FYI, I'm waiting for some other applicants to edit their application (or new members to pop in) to start playing.

Feels like that needs saying... Nothing is happening here.
itblobboy

Postby Caefer » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:32 pm

itblobboy wrote:FYI, I'm waiting for some other applicants to edit their application (or new members to pop in) to start playing.

Feels like that needs saying... Nothing is happening here.

I am withdrawing my application. This doesn't feel like CoaN anymore. Too complicated. It was plenty fun before. It was like an interactive story/storyline of a nation and a collaborative story between nations as well, this is not that anymore and i am sad to say that it no longer interests me. Really this stuff is not necessary we never have more than 6-7 players and that means the land claim limitations are very (ridiculously) small. Population caps are weird and the whole bend thing really throws me off. I am just not a fan of what happened to the game. perhaps i will make a variant that is like the original and those of you who want to play that one can join me. I get a feeling that blob really doesn't want to put a ton of time into this anyway, sure he wants to make it good and fun but it seems like he has too many other things to do. See you all around.

~Caefer
Caefer

Postby itblobboy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Caefer wrote:I am withdrawing my application. This doesn't feel like CoaN anymore. Too complicated.

Really didn't have to be...

It started when everyone applied too early and made it look really awkward with the denial thing. I don't get why the bend thing was so confusing either. Besides, what good is having an enormous nation? It's already like the 80th largest nation on the world with the current cap, and population... Meh, you want to push it to the very limits and actually be the best.

Probably doesn't feel like a collaborative story between nations because people aren't writing anything to make that happen. Things seem more engaging when you're doing them. Other people's lack of interest in continuing to post is doing it to me, anyway.

Still, I can't make you be interested... But it would be nice if people started playing.
itblobboy

Postby Caefer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:39 am

the initial applications would have been fine if all you had done in rule change area was say "No horny rabbit speed aliens [no aliens period])" The last game was fine for the most part. As to people not writing anything I said the 80/20 bend was fine and you never replied to me to say "Sure go ahead and start now" if you had i would be playing and have 3 or 4 years of history up already. Last game as you well know i was the most active player writing at least once a day pretty much every day. I had a long backstory and a well established government, military and lore. The only problem with my nation was that the aliens were superior to humans and bred like crazy horny rabbits. I had been looking forward to this game for several months waiting for something to happen. If you want to approve my stuff now then do so, otherwise i am gone.
Caefer

Postby itblobboy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 am

Could have at least edited your post, let alone repost it with the simple fixes, BUT YEAH!? YOU GON' BE DAT WAY HOMEBOY? Okay. :roll:

Thing is, i've been waiting too... I guess I'm not expressing that enough. HEY GUYS, GTFOVER HERE. :lol: And it definately wasn't fine for the most part... You guys were intercepting nukes (advanced technology, bigtime... And even with the most modern technology it's just luck) and supposedly killed like 100,000 people in like a month or whatever it was. I don't know why I didn't notice something OP about this immediately... :lol:

This is approved:

Caefer wrote:Starting “Philosophy”: Scientific Advance

With a net priority of 100%, how much does your nation focus on each philosophical bend: 80% science, 20% economy - Was that so hard?

The name of the forum account that will rule this country (Account transfers must be requested by both forum accounts for confirmation!): Caefer

The name of the country: Credotia

Land being claimed (Maximum size of the state of Minnesota, at 225,181 km²): 225,181 km^2 adjacent to madagascar

Reason (If you need to add this.): Thats the maximum size you put (though not big enough imo, we dont have many players ever, we normally get around 8 and then only 4-5 are ever active.)

The country’s ruler: Emperor Caefer

Government Type (Ex. Democracy, Geniocracy, Oligarchy, etc... If its an original concept, please briefly describe it): Scientific Imperial Monarchy (The leader of the Countries Scientific community also rules the country and determines which collective research projects will be focused on to more effectively collaborate the larger projects for quicker research time.

Citizen Population: 60,000 is the maximum. Was that so hard?

Troop Population: 1000

Types of Soldiers (Give an approximation of how many of each, Soldiers could be Infantry based, bomb disposal, anti armour etc etc-- That means NO advanced technology! How modern your gear is will be bent based on your scientific bend):
200 Spies - Espionage, Hacking, hand to hand, and photography training. Armed with knives and silenced weapons.
800 Peacekeepers - Body armor, AA-12's and rifles. Trained for general military and police activities.

Economy Type (Ex. Free Market, Mercantilism, etc... If its an original concept, please briefly describe it.): Free Trade/technological bartering (program source code and research can be traded for items and are viable tender making intelligence a desirable trait and scientific research a popular past time; tends to draw the best and brightest from all over the world)

Starting Date (What date is it when you are applying/applied?):7/15/14

Please make a brief summary of the CoaN rules so that we know you understand them-- it can even be in one sentence, but we want proof you won’t break them. (if you have questions about the rules, ask here!): Don't be an idiot, refer to the rules when unsure and if the rules don't explain enough or you don't understand ask blob. (My attempt at the one sentence proof that i won't break them (though you know i wouldn't break them anyway >.>) - I dunno, I feel like you broke rule 1 last time.

Miscellaneous information you would like to share:
Credotia is a new country formed after the Great Civil war. The citizens were so fed up with the fighting and death that a group of scientists from all different areas of study gathered together and created a new group with their leader eventually becoming the new Emperor of the nation. The scientists worked tirelessly inventing and tinkering and plotting with the eventual result that they were able to drive all the fighting onto the island of Madagascar leaving the mainland country almost completely empty except for the great scientific families and some of the lower class workers. They then shut off the ports and let the supplies for the war run dry. The fighting stopped and the military leaders and officers of both sides were banished to one of the small islands with an announcement of their danger and a ban on any visitors to the island. The scientific group then took control of the government and set up what they called the “Peaceful Imperial Scientific Government.” Since taking control the country has flourished and with the end of the war the citizens are happy to embrace a government who wanted nothing to do with the war and claimed full responsibility for successfully ending the war.
itblobboy

Postby Caefer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:30 am

itblobboy wrote:[color=#00BFFF]Could have at least edited your post, let alone repost it with the simple fixes, BUT YEAH!? YOU GON' BE DAT WAY HOMEBOY? Okay. :roll:

Thing is, i've been waiting too... I guess I'm not expressing that enough. HEY GUYS, GTFOVER HERE. :lol: And it definately wasn't fine for the most part... You guys were intercepting nukes (advanced technology, bigtime... And even with the most modern technology it's just luck) and supposedly killed like 100,000 people in like a month or whatever it was. I don't know why I didn't notice something OP about this immediately... :lol:

I beg to differ the SDI was built initially in the 70's and 80's we were functioning in 2060 or something and were a super intelligent alien race of military scientists. We should have won that war. US by that time would have grown fat and complacent. Not to mention if you check my spreadsheets i had after my population grew to about 2billion a population cap placed by the emperor following a huge reactor meltdown a few years earlier which caused a huge amount (300M) of deaths in the country where it demolished an entire city. Following that the population trends followed a typical disaster population trend of initial dip followed by a sharp spike. Then the emperor freaked out because there were like 800M births in one year and put a cap on it which effectively brought the population growth to a near standstill. So eventually it would have corrected itself. I still say that i didn't lose because my emperor was needed in the andromeda galaxy. Things were so much bigger than just a single puny planet :P
Caefer

Postby itblobboy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:19 am

Right...

And that's not OP? :lol: :lol: :lol:
itblobboy

Postby Caefer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:03 pm

itblobboy wrote:Right...

And that's not OP? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SDI wasn't i already agreed that the civilization was.
Caefer

Postby kreludor949 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:09 pm

the problem is blobboy seems to consider everything beyond WW2 era to be OP. i think im quitting this nation game too if nothing else is happening
kreludor949

Postby itblobboy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:25 pm

kreludor949 wrote:the problem is blobboy seems to consider everything beyond WW2 era to be OP. i think im quitting this nation game too if nothing else is happening

What? You trippin' if you think you have to have stuff before WW2 :lol:

Your problem was that your surface to air vehicle description was too vague, so I asked that you be more detailed.

And as I explained to Caefer, since nobody is doing anything (Why?), I'm gonna spend today trying to help you out. Let me give you this, and if you like it, you're in.

Spoiler: show
itblobboy wrote:Types of Soldiers:
LAND
- Multi-Purpose Infantry (4000) Standard issue L85A2 Rifle, L118A1 Long Ranged Rifle for designated marksmen, Various Mortars and Anti-Tank equipment for some squads.
- Tanks (50) Challenger 2 MBT w/ Vickers mounting. DUE TO ECONOMIC CONSTRAINS ONLY 20 HAVE BEEN BUILT
- Light Tanks (100) Warrior
- Support Tanks (100) Bulldog APC w/ Mine clearance attachments
- Artillery Tanks (50) Self-Propelled Heavy Artillery
- Surface to Air vehicles (100) Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly do you mean? Do you mean land vehicles that can attack air vehicles, or become air vehicles themselves? The latter would bee too advanced, btw.
AIR
- Air Fighting Jets (100) Eurofighter Typhoon. Mostly for Bomber interception. DUE TO ECONOMIC CONSTRAINS ONLY 4 HAVE BEEN BUILT
SEA
- Ships (100) Mostly patrol and command ships, very few battleships What defines a few?
- Submarines (400) Mix of Astute and Vanguards. DUE TO ECONOMIC CONSTRAINS ONLY 200 HAVE BEEN BUILT

Where do I say your stuff is too OP? Stop being silly. Now, imma help get you guys started.

Kreluder, I didn't realize instead of reposting you were editing your posts up to the 3rd. Regardless, there's a few tiny changes still necessary. Your old military was fine and you can keep it if you want it (Note that the "economic constrains" aren't necessary... You can start building more when you start if you want to, but typically mid-progress projects cost signficantly less than starting a new one with the same goal), I simply want to know about your surface to air vehicles. These are vehicles that work as anti-air combat vehicles, not vehicles that function on the surface and in the air, correct?

Spoiler: show
Starting “Philosophy”:
Finance, Defensive Military

Totalling at 100%, how much does your nation focus on each philosophy in percentage:
Finance 70%, Defense 30%

The name of the forum account that will rule this country (Account transfers must be requested by both forum accounts for confirmation!):
kreludor949

The name of the country:
Britannia

Land being claimed (Maximum size of the state of Minnesota, at 225,181 km²):
98% of Great Britain 225,181 km2

Reason (If you need to add this.):

The country’s ruler:
President Larry Huang and King Edward the Generous

Government Type (Ex. Democracy, Geniocracy, Oligarchy, etc... If its an original concept, please briefly describe it): Constitutional Monarchy

Citizen Population (Starting maximum of 100,000 citizens with 100% economic bend, 50,000 with 0% and anywhere between based on percentage. Minimum of 5,000):

Troop Population (Starting maximum of 10,000 soldiers with 100% militant bend, 5,000 with 0%) (These are separate of the citizen population. For example, if you have 50,000 citizens and 5,000 troops, your total population of people is 55,000):
5,000 - Fyi, your max woulda been 6500 peeps. Defensive is a militant standpoint.

Types of Soldiers (Give an approximation of how many of each, Soldiers could be Infantry based, bomb disposal, anti armour etc etc-- That means NO advanced technology! How modern your gear is will be bent based on your scientific bend):
4,000 Infantry
100 Operating 25 Tanks
400 Operating 40 Submarines
100 Operating 4 Cruiser Battleships
50 Operating 50 Fighter jets
150 Operating 50 Anti-Air Bombardments
200 Specialists: 50 Minesweeping & Bomb Disposal, 100 Combat Medics, 50 Chemical & Biological Warefare countermeasure team

OR SOMETHING LIKE (You can choose):

LAND
- Multi-Purpose Infantry (4000) Standard issue L85A2 Rifle, L118A1 Long Ranged Rifle for designated marksmen, Various Mortars and Anti-Tank equipment for some squads.
- Tanks (50 operators, 5 each vehicle) Challenger 2 MBT w/ Vickers mounting.
- Light Tanks (100 operators, 2 each vehicle) Warrior
- Support Tanks (100 operators,~ 4 each vehicle) Bulldog APC w/ Mine clearance attachments
- Artillery Tanks (50 operators,~ 7 each vehicle) Self-Propelled Heavy Artillery
- Anti Air vehicles (100 operators, 5 each vehicle)
AIR
- Air Fighting Jets (100) Eurofighter Typhoon. Mostly for Bomber interception.
SEA
- Ships (100 crew, 4 ships) Mostly patrol and command ships, very few battleships What defines a few?
- Submarines (400 crew, 40 subs) Mix of Astute and Vanguards.

Economy Type (Ex. Free Market, Mercantilism, etc... If its an original concept, please briefly describe it.): Fiat Money, Free-Market w/ Socialist Policies

Starting Date (What date is it when you are applying/applied?):
June 30 2014

Please make a brief summary of the CoaN rules so that we know you understand them-- it can even be in one sentence, but we want proof you won’t break them. (if you have questions about the rules, ask here!):
Do everything to ensure that balance and fun are the main goals.

Miscellaneous information you would like to share: Rest assured all tech is Korean War Era. You should explain what constitutes as being too advanced. Third world country term is historically referring to countries that are not in alignment with Democratic USA or Communist USSR. It is a poor guideline towards what tech are restricted because it's a political term. Brazil is technically a 3rd world country, yet it's military is semi up to date. Niger is also a 3rd world country but obviously they cannot compare to Brazil. Case in point: please follow your own advice on being detailed about these limitations.

In response - You're right, it is vague what constitutes scientific advancement. I considered this for many hours thinking of what I should do for it, but I decided that no matter what way I try to force people to use as a borderline, it wouldn't work right. I'm sorry about it being vague, but I figured people could common sense it and if they get the wrong idea I can help curve them the right way and let them off. Probably wouldn't take but a minute for me to do, and if they can accept it the first suggestion I give, things can go just the same. That hasn't worked out quite as I hoped, but hopefully we can get it done and over with.
itblobboy

Postby Caefer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:15 am

OOG:
And with that i present my starting post, the history of Credotia. Let me know if you managed to make it through the whole thing :P

History of the Credotian peoples:

In 1928 the island of Madagascar and the surrounding area was thrown into tumult as diseases, earthquakes and huge storms of unrelenting fury broke over the land. The area was devastated for a number of years until the leader Calder Nendal took power in 1935. He worked on preventative measures, building earthquake and storm resistant buildings and getting work set up for long term economic gains. The other political leaders in the area were unhappy with Calder's work and said that he would eventually bankrupt the nation which would lead to an economic downward spiral for the entire area. Indeed his national projects were very expensive but on the whole they were still less expensive than rebuilding after all of the horrible catastrophes that continually racked the area. His improvements led to a stronger Madagascar in the long run and made many other nations in the immediate area appear weak and insignificant in comparison. The other leaders were not happy with him.

In 1942, Nendal was assassinated and a new politician named Brunol Kasphattah took his place. Brunol was not a practical visionary as was his predecessor. However, despite constant criticism, he worked tirelessly to gain a small foothold in mainland Africa. It cost the country billions of dollars and nearly 6 years of meetings and negotiations before he was finally successful. His attempts succeeded though and with a small foothold on the mainland composed of only about 4200 sq miles and including two port towns Madagascar's export costs plummeted and the nation began to see a small rise in economic growth. The nation was still in deep trouble though as the land purchase had very nearly bankrupt the country.

In 1945, the natural disasters stopped and Madagascar was left to begin rebuilding all of the cities that had fallen into disrepair. The negotiations for a claim on mainland Africa were still ongoing at this time and many people openly disparaged the country's leader. The negotiations were costly, the land values were too high, the economy couldn't support such a large purchase... the criticism was endless. Through it all Brunol remained steadfast and as the country began to flourish with the increased trade the criticism decreased until it slowly turned to praise.

In 1950, Brunol retired and a man name Pansah Tubol came into leadership. Tubol worked to improve the school systems and rework the economic standards, proving himself to be a very astute business manager and running the country like one. The economics flourished and the country became extremely wealthy. New colleges were founded emergency personnel was bolstered and police, EMT's and firefighters went through better more rigorous training programs. As a result crime dropped and the nation as a whole began to clime up even further into the leadership role it had assumed in the area. Tubol worked like a business man making sure that the country's budget never went into the red. He worked for four years on new propositions to increase the small businesses and large corporations alike. Colleges were founded sponsored by these new companies and schools were able to hire better teachers. Under the leadership of Pansah, the people of Madagascar were happy. After all the reform and after all the tribulations the country had seen they were finally in a golden era. Then in 1957, tragedy struck in the capital city; Pansah Tubol was murdered by a foreign emissary. The murder was so abrupt and unexpected that for almost a year the country was shocked into a standstill. Tubol had an unheard of 89% approval rating and of the 11% who didn't approve 96% said they didn't think anyone else could do a better job.

In 1958, Bhansal Torik stepped into the empty leadership role and began the effort to follow the example of his predecessor. He agreed with many of the policies of Tubol and his many similarities won him favor with the citizens. He proved to be able though not quite the same as Pansah. Torik focused largely on the educational system and started several funds for scientific research. He was also the first leader to begin pouring money into the military. Having grown up during the World Wars, he was secretly terrified that one day a conqueror would stand at Madagascar's doorstep and knock asking for the country. When that day came Torik wanted the country to be ready.

In 1964 Torik experienced a mental breakdown and was retired from office. Grombal Bantam took his place later that year and began a campaign. He had noticed the increasingly powerful military and recognized that none of the surrounding nations had the ability to fight back against the wealth and might of Madagascar. Torik was discouraged from ever using the military by his insane fear of causing another World War; Bantam shared no such fear. He mustered the forces together and in 1968 began negotiating for more land on mainland Africa. Of course he was not belligerent about his country's financial and military superiority but it was clear that he was not keeping it secret. Constant leaks into the immense depth of the Madagascan military strength were purposefully flung at the surrounding nations with the desired effect. He gained much more land almost quadrupling the initial 4200 sq mile area to 16350 sq miles in just 2 years. Much of the borderland was simply purchased from locals and then annexed from the original country. What could the surrounding countries do about it? Even if they allied with each other they had nowhere near the military or economic strength of their larger neighbor. The plan worked flawlessly until the governments announced collectively that they had the support of the South African government. Of course the South African military was still not as strong as the Madagascan military but they had deep pockets and large trade operations with much of the world. Violating them would severely damage the trade economics of Madagascar. The economic strain of buying up land from personal people was large on the country.

In 1972, Bantam stepped down due to large public demand and he was replaced by a young man named Credo Tombroskah. He worked tirelessly as had the great reformer Pansah Tubol. He came into great favor nearly matching the favor of his role model. Credo took it one step further though, he worked to make himself more popular with the surrounding people in Mozambique and Zimbabwe as well as the several other national areas with the end result that he was able to gain their support and through them win strong trade alliances with the other nations in the area. It was only a matter of time until the proposal that they should simply join together to form the Madagascan Republic of African States (MRAS) was put forth. The proposal allowed the current leaders of each country to continue their roles in management of their ares but it gave the last word on any matter to Credo. Within one year MRAS had expanded to cover 8 countries and was THE wealthy giant in Africa. Science and mathematics, language, art, engineering all flourished the peoples were so overwhelmed with the wonderful outcome of Tombroskah's reign as leader that his approval ratings surpassed even the high standard set by Tubol. The populace loved him as no nation had ever loved their leader before. His popularity was so great that several politicians were brought up on criminal charges when professional hitmen turned them in for attempted assassination. Everyone loved him and he remained the leader for nearly 20 years.

Then in 1991, He suffered a fatal brain aneurism. The nations went into grieving and then fell desperately into war as accusations were thrown at each other when public outcry demanded some reason for his death. Conditions deteriorated quickly with no leader and as the civil war rampaged through the MRAS the first outbreak struck. Plague hit and killed huge masses effectively stopping the war as nations scrambled to mount a defense against the disease. It was during this time the the First Scientific Coalition (FSC) formed. FSC worked tirelessly to come up with an aerosol cure that could be quickly dispersed to both destroy active disease in the air and cure sickened and infected people together. In 1996 new borders were put down and the countries satisfied themselves and pulled away to lick their wounds. The people of Madagascar, to honor the memory of their late ruler, renamed the country (in a nearly unanimous vote) to Credotia. The FSC disbanded and though they remained in touch they were never again needed.

Everything continued on normal track for the next 14 years until 2005. In 2005 mainland Credotia declared independence from the island and another civil war broke out. The leaders from both the mainland and the island were caught up in a furious war that lasted the better part of 6 years. In 2011 the original members of the FSC formed together and began recruiting new members from all over the scientific community. Their work was all done in the background and their power slowly grew as they began pulling the right strings to make things happen. The militant faction was pushed toward the coast by an unknown and unnoticed force in a string of events that lead to their eventual departure to the island of Madagascar where the fighting resumed again. The supply lines were then harshly cut and the fighting quickly dissipated. The militant leaders of both sides were banished to a prison in Reunion and visiting the island to see any of the prisoners was illegal and punishable by death.

With the war over, the countries settled their differences and Madagascar reclaimed its name and its own government. Credotia remained independent and the group of scientists who had pulled all the strings in the background came forward confessing their part in ending the war and proposing a new form of government. The people, leaderless, were eager to accept the bright individuals who had worked tirelessly to end the war. The Innovations Trade Commission was started and as companies began pooling together science became the main focus of the land. The populace was mostly scientists, students and instructors now and the majority of them inventors. The new government called themselves the “Imperial Core of Scientific Peace.” Since taking control the country has flourished under the leadership of the ICSP Emperor Caefer. The citizens are happy to embrace the new government which rewards intuitive and critical thinking and has an aversion to war.
Caefer

Postby kreludor949 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:27 pm

recheck my post. i am taking your forum advice on editing so topics do not get so crowded. nonetheless, here's everything. when i said surface to air vehicles, i assumed that you would know the common term to refer to any machinery that is capable of striking an air unit from the ground level as surface to air. yes, by adding vechicle i did make it unfairly confusing but i hope you now know that im a reasonable, logical person and should not be compared to the other audiences that you might have the displeasure of dealing with before.

Starting “Philosophy”:
Finance, Defensive Military

Totalling at 100%, how much does your nation focus on each philosophy in percentage:
Finance 70%, Defense 30%

The name of the forum account that will rule this country (Account transfers must be requested by both forum accounts for confirmation!):
kreludor949

The name of the country:
Britannia

Land being claimed (Maximum size of the state of Minnesota, at 225,181 km²):
Great Britain, under 225,181 km2. In case you didn't know Great Britain refers to the larger half of the islands which makes up the British Isles, which includes the Republic of Ireland. The United Kingdom is a combination of Great Britain + a portion of Ireland (a combination of the Republic of Ireland + Northern Ireland [UK]), that houses Northern Ireland.

TL;DR United Kingdom without Northern Ireland, AKA Great Britain.

The country’s ruler:
President Larry Huang and King Edward the Generous

Government Type (Ex. Democracy, Geniocracy, Oligarchy, etc... If its an original concept, please briefly describe it): Constitutional Monarchy

Citizen Population (Starting maximum of 100,000 citizens with 100% economic bend, 50,000 with 0% and anywhere between based on percentage. Minimum of 5,000):
85,000 (I don't understand what bend is)

Troop Population (Starting maximum of 10,000 soldiers with 100% militant bend, 5,000 with 0%) (These are separate of the citizen population. For example, if you have 50,000 citizens and 5,000 troops, your total population of people is 55,000):

4,000 Infantry
100 Operating 25 Tanks
400 Operating 40 Submarines
100 Operating 4 Cruiser Battleships
50 Operating 50 Fighter jets
150 Operating 50 Anti-Air Bombardments, that's the stuff that shoots things from the ground to the sky and they're not really bombs, just flak (like a really large shotgun for hunting planes if they were ducks)
200 Specialists: 50 Minesweeping & Bomb Disposal, 100 Combat Medics, 50 Chemical & Biological Warefare countermeasure team

Economy Type (Ex. Free Market, Mercantilism, etc... If its an original concept, please briefly describe it.): Fiat Money, Free-Market w/ Socialist Policies

Starting Date (What date is it when you are applying/applied?):
June 30 2014

Please make a brief summary of the CoaN rules so that we know you understand them-- it can even be in one sentence, but we want proof you won’t break them. (if you have questions about the rules, ask here!):
Do everything to ensure that balance and fun are the main goals.

Miscellaneous information you would like to share: Rest assured all tech is Korean War Era. You should explain what constitutes as being too advanced. Third world country term is historically referring to countries that are not in alignment with Democratic USA or Communist USSR. It is a poor guideline towards what tech are restricted because it's a political term. Brazil is technically a 3rd world country, yet it's military is semi up to date. Niger is also a 3rd world country but obviously they cannot compare to Brazil.
kreludor949

Postby itblobboy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Looks good, you're in. Hopefully Naruto will finally finish the project he's working on and get to it too soon... And I contacted the YLs yesterday, hopefully we can get them in tonight. You guys can start playing if ya wanna, I'm gonna wait for two more people to pop up before I start posting. Enjoy the head start if you want it, I guess.

Reminder: The game is open ended, but everything you do comes with sacrifices. I'll let you do what you want, but it has to have appropriate struggle to achieve and it has to make just a little sense. Some countries have more troubles with some things than more than others, and you have to remember your strong suits. That's all INAN is out to do. Have fun.
itblobboy

Postby Y.L. » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:38 am

Dustin and I will start playing tomorrow and we will be active daily or as much as possible. We have several vacations we will make where we will both be gone for a week or so but another than that im glad CoAN is finally here.
Y.L.

Postby Caefer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:33 am

OOG:
Well i guess since im the first to post, im gonna go ahead and start this in 2014.

Also if you guys want to use what i do for my growth and statistics for my country check this out. http://www.indexmundi.com/g/
END OOG.

Year: 2014
Population Growth: 2.2%
Current Population: 61321
Deaths: 719
Current Ruler: Emperor Caefer

In this year's Scientific Conference the Emperor has decided that the national focus will shift from improved combustion engines to a more renewable source of energy. He feels that with all of our greatest scientists working together, with proper funding, on renewable energy that we will be the world leader in renewable energy technologies. The program is estimated to last 5-7 years and the result will be higher efficiency turbines for water and air as well as highly advanced solar powered technology. The goal for the new solar energy gathering systems is 63% efficiency. With panels like this a small town could be powered with about 300 sq feet of paneling.

A novice inventor has designed and built a new electric motor capable of powering a regular sized car at speeds of up to 120 mph with the same battery as current electric cars. This would make it a valid alternative to some of the less expensive combustion engines for smaller vehicles. He claims that the design is scalable and gains efficiency with a decrease in size leading to some interest in it from private companies around the world. The possibilities are endless ranging from multiple-engine vehicles to advanced nanobot research and construction.

A small farm in mid region found a large deposit of gold as he was clearing some land in preparation for planting. The discovery has lead to a small rush of people to the area but professional prospectors have announced that they believe it to be an isolated deposit. The farmer is very happy and says he will use the gold to expand his area and upgrade his farming equipment.

Students studying at Tubol University have discovered a foreign enzyme in a cheese that seems to be reversing the effects of fermentation and processing the cheese back into milk and dairy fat. It has been taken under closer observation.

HFPE: Emperor Caefer has decided to enter into discussion with various scientists all over the world in an attempt to increase the reach of the Credotian Scientific studies. Currently no scientific observation posts belonging to the Empire exist in Central America, northern Russia or South Korea. The discussion is mainly concerning getting a few Credotian representatives into these areas to report important scientific data that can only be collected locally.
END HFPE
Caefer

Postby kreludor949 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Population Growth: 1.0%
Current Population: 85,850
Current Prime Minister: The Right and Honorable Richard of Kreludor
Reigning Monarch: King Edward the Generous

Politics

The election is held every 4 years to determine the next Prime Minister. Prime Ministers can hold a maximum of 8 years in office unless strong majority (>80%) votes for him/her on the third term, which then can extend the maximum to 12 years. This year, a new Prime Minister was chosen and has pledged various changes which includes: better relations with foreign nations, overall tax cuts, the removal of most corporate tax credits, and decreased spending on national defense and bailouts. These efforts are placed in order to shelter the recent effects of the market crash. PM Kreludor has officially requested an invitation to all nations in order to discuss the possibility of technological projects and the exclusion of selected trade barriers.

New Laws: Companies can no longer merge to create monopolies or oligopolies if their total estimated market dominance is greater than 70%

Economy

Britannia is slowly shifting towards a fusion of regulated market and free-markets.

Recent recovery efforts have been steady. The government has had joint ownership with foreign companies to fill the void that domestic failed businesses created. Unemployment rates have only increased slightly, much less than expected.

The national minimum wage has been increased from 10.00 Leaves to 12.50 Leaves for workers 19+, for younger workers the wage has remained the same. Britannica's legal working age is 16.

Local News

A regional farmer from the Scotland district has reported a "UFO crashing down on [his] fields". He has contacted the local authorities but could not determine the origins or make up of the object. The object is now held in the Welsh district biological labs to await further examinations.

A serial hooligan dubbed, "Jake the Clipper" has been on the rise in London, stealthily clipping off all the hairs of unsuspecting night workers after drugging them. One note left behind says, "I will not stop unless all of the hairs of girls are to be cut so that they may not sell their immoral, vile services to any sane man". The Police have been increasing their presence around London and has issued a PSA, warning all prostitutes to stay away from isolated areas.

A small business owner has received an award for outstanding service in his field. Jerry Gregson has been awarded the Annual Redundantly Number One Most Best Cooking Chef Who Makes Food of the Year Medal. He has been making delicious jellied eels at the heart of metropolitan London for almost 15 years. One costumer describes, "It was the best bloody thing I've ever had! Literally!". Gregson says that using the blood to make the jelly improves the eel's nutritional value and taste. The Crown has personally awarded Gregson a fund of 100,000 Leaves to be used to open up the same restaurant in the other districts of Britannia. Gregson accepted with gratitude and pledges to make Bloody Jellied Eels a national dish.
kreludor949

Postby itblobboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:48 pm

Population 66,850

In the birth of a new nation, radical changes are only natural. The council has formed and Jellopia, the capitol, was erected. What was once a desolate, undersupplied, underfunded arctic wasteland is a hardy little place now. While most of the islands remain uninhabited, there has been an obvious notable population increase on Sommerset, Prescott, Bathurst, Prince of Wales and Russell Island. While each island is all based on their own communities and towns and all of them do the same things, each island statistically appears to have their own special uses. It's been noted that Prince of Wales is the most residential and relatively urban. Bathurst island is well suited for farming, and with what is able to grow there, most of it is commercially farmed there; potatoes tend to grow well with insane GMO work helping. Tourism is not known for it's quantity, but it's quality, and Somerset Island is our main tourist attraction. Aside from the preexisting tourism when the land was Canadian, the are has proven to make an especially beautiful environment to visit. Hunting is a very popular activity anywhere (we have a very meaty diet by nature), Prescott and Russell Island are known for the activity.

Anyway, now that you got to know about our special little side of the archipelago, some radical changes are worth noting in our transition into a new nation.

For one, the government is now a council of 24 members who are each elected and may resign when they wish (automatic resignition is taken at the age of 60, or by a vote of the council to resign said member). There is also a council master, who is somewhat less powerful but with the power to break ties should it be called for when the 24 members split 12/12. The council master most notably releases the information on the results of council meetings to publishers.

Other than that, the military in the area used to be nearly nonexistent.

HFPE: Now Pandora Island is a major military base. There are also military bases on Sommerset and Prince of Wales island. While each of these sites have military harbors, most of the commercial ones also have the pleasure of a sense of security with a single government military ship. It's like the coast guard.
/End HFPE

The community religion is predominantly Stanism, Christianity and Agnosticism, although our nation practices religious freedom and we both allow and have people of any religious background. Obesity rates are pretty low, but that doesn't mean an untastefully large amount of people don't die from bad diet each year. The population is majorly caucasian and aboriginal, and there is no real history of racism. Or very much history, for that matter.

Anyway, down to business.

The council announced they had plans to stimulate the economy by opening a series of mines on some islands surrounding Little Cornwallis, as studies following the closure of the Polaris mine show that there appear to be deposits of similar minerals, majorly lead-zinc, may have shifted under these islands. Further studies are being conducted before the operation is approved, but good fortune is anticipated in the endeavors.

The council has announced that they have debating a 100 million dollar plan to create two new nuclear icebreaker modified destroyers for the military to be built in 6 years. The council also agreed that in twenty five years, from then on every eight years until/unless a superior model is created for the better of the IIN, four million dollars will be invested in each nuclear ice breaker's maintainance and optimization-- a hefty 48 million dollar cost every eight years from then out. This is a significant dent in the treasury, but the navy is crucial for our nation and worth the cost.

In more public work, the current budget for plowing roads and salt trucks is roughly 10 million annually. This is expected to increase to 12 million within the year. There's a lot to be built in the quickly growing towns, and crappy roads aren't working for us.

On the less fortuante side of things, an unfortunate but quickly realized problem was the severity of arson in the area. The majority of severe crimes have been recorded as arson attacks, likely by organized crime says investigators. It's hard to create means of prevension due to the nature of everything wet to freeze outside. There have been some innovations to keep water that leads to fire hydrants in a current, which is ridiculously expensive and generally underfunded. Recently, the few fire trucks found in towns have devised a complex of hoses underground stemming from one of these circulation hydrants, to emulate a similar effect to many hydrants. Over a course of twenty to thirty years there will be gradual funding to hydrants.

That's all I can think of for now. Have a good'un.
itblobboy

Postby Y.L. » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:54 pm

This is Alex

Population Growth: 2.5%
Current Population: 68,163
Citizen Population: 61,663
Military Population: 6,500
Military Techs (Ships, aircrafts, tanks): 200
Current Ruler: Young Link

History:
After the United Federation of Aegis fell apart and there was a long and devastating civil war with the King and his loyalists (75% of the original country's population) against the Anarchists and Freedom Fighters (15% of the original country's population). The King and his loyalists won the war after over a million lives were lost. The Anarchists and Freedom Fighters who were displeased with the large military and strict way of living in the U.FA., were completely eradicated after 16 years of warfare that has left the country damaged and ravaged. However with the damaged country and economy many of the lands in the country have been lost and new governments and countries have been made. The capital Eucleia and the district of Eunomia remained unscathed. The government and ideals remain the same from the United Federation of Aegis but has the name has changed to the United Republic of Aegis.

News
With the recent Civil War finally coming to an end. The king has decided to close down the Panama Canal to every other country and only allow access for military and trading ships from the U.R.A. The King has not announced when he will open up the canal to other countries. Or if he will negotiate with other countries, other countries will have to talk with the King if they want to use the canal or they will have to travel around Argentina or Canada.

Economy
With the land ravaged, the king has decided to immediately start rebuilding cities, roads, ports, and clean up. This whole project will take 25 years. Over 55,000 citizens will be working on the project.
This project will Include:
-50 Cities and ports are going to be repaired, cleaned up, running water, electricity will be fixed and be changed to be flowing completely underground, and roads are going to be fixed.
-Towns and roads across the country are going to be repaired and fixed.
-Farmland is going be tilled up and ready to be used for farming.

This is going to cost a total of 500,000,000,000.

HFPE
The U.R.A. navy is being dispatched into 3 fleets the Fleet of Aegis, Caribbean Fleet, and Western Fleet. The Western Fleet consisting of 30 medium destroyers and 1 aircraft carrier will be moving to the Western side of the Panama Canal. The Caribbean Fleet consisting of 30 medium destroyers and 1 aircraft carrier will be moving to the Island Dominica, and the Fleet of Aegis will be splitting up into two groups with half of it at the Capital of Eucleia and the other half at the Eastern side of the Panama Canal. The Fleet of Aegis consists of 40 Medium Destroyers and 3 aircraft carriers.
End HFPE

HFPE
The Aquatic Patrol Agency or A.P.A. has found the need for a military base on the island of St. Lucia which will now be only a military island. With primary use for coast guard activity. To serve and protect the people of the U.R.A. The other side of the island will be used as a military training base to train the soldiers of the U.R.A. army to become elite commandos. This will be the second biggest military training camp after the one located in the capital.
End HFPE

The U.R.A. is applying is to the United Nations.

The country is still struggling an recovering from the Civil War, and much of the focus for the next 25 years will be focused on rebuilding the country.
Last edited by Y.L. on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Y.L.

Postby Y.L. » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:59 am

This is Dustin

Population: 67,507
Chancellor: Dustin

History
The 10% of the original population of the U.F.A. that did not agree with the civil war and did not want any part of it fled away and formed their own country with parts of Cuba and Florida called Anthtropos. Many of the parts of the country remained unscathed. However there are many problems.
The people of Anthropos cannot decide on who will be the Chancellor and how long he will serve. A council of 35 elected officials have came up with an idea of elections held every year however it has shown to be too much work.
Many people in the country do not support the set up government and feel that the Chancellor does not have enough power to do anything and that the country is going nowhere.
Also the neighboring country of U.R.A seems very unstable.

News
The new Chancellor has decided that to have a very big meeting between the 35 counselors. They will talk about setting a new government up.
The new government consists of a Chancellor serving a term for as long as the people are pleased with him. Whenever the Chancellor loses popular support the people can have a new election and the Chancellor will step down. The counselors have decided that this is the best way to stabilize the government and make sure that something will get done.

The capital city Agape has too many people living in the area. Over 40% of the countries population live in Agape and much of the country remains untouch and very rural with many forests, farmlands, and a few towns. There are only 4 cities in the whole country and there is much to be done to build the country up.

The current Chancellor, Dustin has decided to build 5 more cities along the coast with all accessible ports. 4 Along the coast of florida and 1 along the coast of cuba. These cities will include electricity, running water, a sewer system, and enough room for 125,000 people. Surrounding each city is a large metal wall with only several entrance points. It twill take approximately 35 years to build all 5 cities and over 50,000 citizens will be working on building the cities.

HFPE
The country Anthropos has its 100 best scientists working on developing a GMO wheat that will grow at a faster rate of 1 month rather than 4 months. The wheat will be able to grow during all 4 seasons. It will take approximately 4 years until testing is complete and ready to be distributed.
End HFPE

In other news, a scientists has come across a new species of Sea Star that has an interesting Bio luminescence that could be used to create a sustainable energy in the next 25 years. The way this Sea Star uses Bio luminescence is by absorbing light during the day and scientists think if they can find out the specific enzyme involved in the process and find a way to process it there will be sustainable energy for the entire country.

The country's top Science University, The University of Scientific Advance continues to work on improving the future scientists of Anthropos however there seems to not be enough applicants to the strict school that takes so much effort and time. The Chancellor is thinking about making it a requirement for certain students to attend.

The Fleet of 55 ships has been dispatched to the port of a small city in La habana province.
Last edited by Y.L. on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Y.L.

Postby itblobboy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:12 am

Quick note Dustin, these are your maximums

Citizen Population 60,000

Troop Population 5,000

You're fine, no big deal, just adjust that real quick and keep going. ;)

Bonus note: I think my posts will be bi-daily or daily if needed. Remember that internet troubles are far from unheard of for me so excuse any prolonged inactivity.
itblobboy

Postby Caefer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

Year: 2015
Population Growth: 3.1%
Current Population: 63222
Deaths: 752
Current Ruler: Emperor Caefer

This year the Emperor succeeded in making arrangements for observers to be stationed in Siberia, Mexico, and Guatemala. This effort which was only announced in March of this year seems to have had the desired outcome. Data has already started streaming in from the new observers who are recording everything from temperature and humidity to seismic activity.

Trade negotiations have started with Zimbabwe, Madagascar and Mozambique. The hope is to begin repairing the relationship of Credotia with our neighbors. The negotiations seem promising with Madagascar who, though still slightly bitter over the separation of Credotia, is seeking a closer port to mainland Africa for trading purposes. It is unknown how Mozambique will respond but Zimbabwe has already shown interest in the idea. [TRADE NEGOTIATIONS OPEN TO MADAGASCAR, ZIMBABWE AND MOZAMBIQUE]

A group of programmers known as BanterKeys have announced that they have been working on a true AI with a digital makeup of neurons which they hope to get working together and begin problem solving. The group has several large successes in the field of programming and many say that if anyone is to succeed in a venture of this type they would be the best candidates for the job.

The Emperor has reformed the military and police system to better conserve manpower, the new structure consists of putting all police into the military and the military into the police. During times of peace only a small reserve of troops will be stationed with the majority of men acting as police. In times of war the main body of police will join the military and leave only a reserve police core to manage domestic law.

Government prospectors have discovered a large mine of virgin gold and have restricted the area as a national source of income as the nation is still based on the gold standard. Sonic hammer analysis has determined that the total amount of gold in the mine is more than can be accurately predicted but rough estimates put 10-15 tonnes of gold. The gold will not be mined quickly as the ground it is in has severe stability issues. However, in the next 5 years an estimated 3 tonnes of gold is expected for extraction.

HFA: Emperor Caefer begins a program to build drones for both military and surveillance purposes. They will be tied into a specialized GPS system and will be capable of using an autopilot feature that will allow them to be completely autonomous after the mission is set. Of course kill switches and other fail-safes will be built in but a lack of military strength requires a strong intelligence network of surrounding nations. The current estimates are for a 10 year project that will produce around 25 UAV's.
Caefer

Postby Y.L. » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:13 pm

This is Alex

Year: 2015
Current Population: 70,890
Citizen Population: 61,890
Military Population: 9,000
Military Techs (Ships, aircrafts, tanks): 205
Current Ruler: Young Link

News
The King and his citizens continue to reconstruct their country. Progress is moving very slow and the estimated time of completion is being changed from 25 years to 27 years. Many roads have been repaired this last year making access across the country land much more easier. However many cities remain damaged and the economy in the U.R.A. does not seem to be moving. Although unemployment is at all time record low of .3%, not many exports and extra goods are being farmed or made in the U.R.A. The king has decided to move his focus on the next 2 years of this reconstruction to making farmland usable, so that exports can be created and the economy will start to grow.

HFPE
While the citizens of the U.R.A. work on rebuilding the city, 10,200 men apart of the Aegean Military work on building the military island of St Lucia. 2,000 men and women work on the A.P.A. base and 8,200 work on the military training camp and fort on the other side.
HFPE

In the last year 5 more gunships were built to help transport building supplies across the water much faster, this cost the government 500,000 Aegi with many of the supplies used to build it coming from raw material already found in the U.R.A.

There have been small talks of building a ferry system so that people can much more easily transport across the Caribbean Sea by the king and his representatives. However there is no budget or workforce at the current moment to do anything of this matter. They hope in 12 years they may be able to start building this ferry system.

While much of the country is rebuilding the Aegean Oil Company, A.O.C. has stumbled across a massive oil field 15 miles off the coast of Columbia with an estimated 85 billion barrels that will be able to be retrieved. This large oil field will help supply extra oil to be sold for as 20 million barrels will be processed each day, surpassing Saudi Arabia in amount oil processed per day. Most of the money earned from this oil field will go into paying off the reconstruction at each barrel being sold for $125. And estimated 11,156,250,000,000 Aegi will be able to be collected in the next 20 years. Appoximately 557,812,500,000 a year.
Last edited by Y.L. on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Y.L.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic