Hey Miso, I wanna say something.

Post here for things completely unrelated to Helmet Heroes.

Hey Miso, I wanna say something.

Postby spearment1 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:29 am

Can you teach me your awesome art style, it's sooooooo cool and i just wanna draw what you draw every day and boast to my friends. :mrgreen:
spearment1

Re: Hey Miso, I wanna say something.

Postby MisoSoup247 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:26 pm

I don't really have any advice on how to draw like me other than to just draw everyday :lol:
MisoSoup247

Postby MentallyMIA » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:01 pm

He does bring up an interesting point.

What program do you use to get that style in your art?
MentallyMIA

Postby MisoSoup247 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:11 am

I use paint tool sai. And by the way it's not the program that will magically give you my artstyle nothing will, everyone has their own artstyle. Anyway, here is my story!

I started drawing digitally in 2010 and back then all I had to draw with was Macromedia flash mx and my mouse.

This is my first drawing I ever did digitally (late 2010)

I drew in that way for about 2 years with flash and with a mouse. Then I had enough, drawing with a mouse is just too frustrating. You can get some pretty pictures with a mouse but a drawing tablet just makes things so much faster.

My last draw drawing I ever did with a mouse (mid 2012)

I got a wacom drawing tablet pen and touch after saving up for a long time. (they were quite expensive a few years ago and I had no job back then). Also on the same day I got my tablet I also got Paint Tool Sai. PTS is a great program but it really relies on a drawing tablet. You can still use PTS with a mouse but uhh hmm.

My first drawing I ever did in Paint Tool Sai with a drawing tablet. (mid 2012)

I've been drawing in PTS ever since then. I'd upgrade to Photoshop but I cant be bothered saving up for that :lol:
Anyway I drew a lot since 2010, my folder that contains all my drawings is about 34GB in size. Though it's not like all the drawings in there are good. I have crappy drawings. A lot of crappy drawings. I don't delete them because it's nice to look back on how much I've improved since then. ALSO I'D LIKE TO SAY ONE LAST THING. Look at as many drawing tutorials as you can. Not all but the ones that interest you. I made the mistake of never looking at tutorials thinking that I didn't need them but they help heaps. I only just started looking at them last year.....

(late 2012)

(late 2012)

(End of 2012)

Then 2013 was a dry year for drawing. Since that was my last year of highschool and it was also during that year I found Helmet Heroes :lol:

So yeah don't think that you can be a great artist in just one day, keep drawing! Never stop.
AND KEEP EVERY SINGLE DRAWING YOU EVER MAKE. Don't be ashamed, every artist has bad drawings whether it is from when they started drawing or from where they currently are. All the best spearment1.
MisoSoup247

Postby Konrad » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:24 am

Your first drawing is simply hilarious. Never before have I appreciated the lack of racism amongst zombies :lol:
Konrad

Postby spearment1 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:56 am

Thanks! :D
spearment1

Postby Metalmorphosist » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:34 am

I use pencil and paper. I've been drawing on a pc for literally 3 years, and I'm still bad at it.
TRUST NO THOT
I have a pet named after me <3
Metalmorphosist

Return to Off Topic