Anime Anyone?

Post here for things completely unrelated to Helmet Heroes.

Anime Anyone?

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Is anyone a fan of anime here? I've seen a ton of them throughout the years since I have first been exposed to it. Back when I lived in Georgia, my friends sister, Elle, showed me a TV show called "Bleach." You can say I pretty much fell in love with anime. I live all sorts of them, action, drama, comedy. I usually watch them on Netflix though, since it has its own category for anime.
What are your opinions on anime? How'd you discover it? Bad thoughts, good thoughts? Which have you seen? Which do you want to see? Etc.
RoySamuels

Re: Anime Anyone?

Postby Gret » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:35 pm

All started with Dragonball Z of course. 8-) But Bleach got me really into it, like you. Favorites are probably Bleach, Elfen Lied, Gurren Lagann, and Code Geass.
Gret

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Gret wrote:All started with Dragonball Z of course. 8-) But Bleach got me really into it, like you. Favorites are probably Bleach, Elfen Lied, Gurren Lagann, and Code Geass.

If you really want to lose your masculinity, watch Clannad and Clannad After Story.
RoySamuels

Postby Gret » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:04 pm

RoySamuels wrote:
Gret wrote:All started with Dragonball Z of course. 8-) But Bleach got me really into it, like you. Favorites are probably Bleach, Elfen Lied, Gurren Lagann, and Code Geass.

If you really want to lose your masculinity, watch Clannad and Clannad After Story.

I think someone actually told me about those. Are they good or just really girly or something?
Gret

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Gret wrote:
RoySamuels wrote:

I think someone actually told me about those. Are they good or just really girly or something?

Well its not girly, its a ball buster if your a dude cause its a drama. I only saw the After Story, which is pretty much season 2, and I still had to punch a wall to feel male again. Im guessing the first one was trash though.
RoySamuels

Postby BranwenSwan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:41 pm

I enjoy lots of different Anime. Some of my favorites are Trigun, Utena Revolutionary Girl, the Japanese Sailor Moon (not the bastardized American version) and a few others.
Branwen ("white raven") Swan, Celtic Warrior Goddess
BranwenSwan

Postby Husker » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Used to be into handful of it as a kid and would run out and rent that stuff on VHS at Blockbuster. Stuff like Bio Booster Armor Guyver, Vampire Hunter D, Fist of the North Star, Akira, Macross, and Ninja Scroll to name a few.

I don't really get down with much of todays stuff though. Last series I went through was Trigun which was really good. That was like 10 years ago now. The time goes so fast! As for movies I still run out to check anything from Studio Ghibli. Love their work and Spirited Away is up there with my favorite movies period.
Husker

Postby BranwenSwan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:29 am

Husker wrote:As for movies I still run out to check anything from Studio Ghibli. Love their work and Spirited Away is up there with my favorite movies period.

I love ANYTHING from Studio Ghibli. Ponyo is a good one, as is Princess Mononoke.
Branwen ("white raven") Swan, Celtic Warrior Goddess
BranwenSwan

Postby madchafer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 am

Husker wrote:Used to be into handful of it as a kid and would run out and rent that stuff on VHS at Blockbuster. Stuff like Bio Booster Armor Guyver, Vampire Hunter D, Fist of the North Star, Akira, Macross, and Ninja Scroll to name a few.

Haha, aren't you forgetting hentai?! Nah just kidding bros, me myself, I'm quite a Naruto fan, and I always keep updated by reading Manga (Its a japanese comic book in case you haven't heard) Dragonball Z and GT too, Hunter X Hunter, and theres more to that!
madchafer

Postby killerkonnat » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:31 am

Gret wrote:
RoySamuels wrote:

They're really good. I've never cried watching any anime or a movie, but After Story was the closest I've ever been.
But the first arc of Clannad (drama club) is really crap, just generic highschool stuff. You shouldn't judge the show before you get through it.
IGN: killerkonnat
killerkonnat

Postby RoySamuels » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 pm

madchafer wrote:
Husker wrote:Used to be into handful of it as a kid and would run out and rent that stuff on VHS at Blockbuster. Stuff like Bio Booster Armor Guyver, Vampire Hunter D, Fist of the North Star, Akira, Macross, and Ninja Scroll to name a few.

Haha, aren't you forgetting hentai?! Nah just kidding bros, me myself, I'm quite a Naruto fan, and I always keep updated by reading Manga (Its a japanese comic book in case you haven't heard) Dragonball Z and GT too, Hunter X Hunter, and theres more to that!

I was waiting for someone to mention that .-. I seriously cant watch anime now-a-days without people thinking Im just watching cartoon sex.
RoySamuels

Postby Tomatha » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:02 pm

I like my share of animes. Watched the entire Dragon Ball Franchise (Even GT is better than nothing if you don't take yourself/it seriously), Bleach up to episode 350, Hellsing, Naruto (full franchise), and Neon Genesis, few others that I'm currently forgetting.
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Return to Off Topic