itblobboy's Rambling!

Post here for things completely unrelated to Helmet Heroes.

I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
36%
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
21%
7%
7%
7%
7%
7%
7%

Total votes : 14

Re: itblobboy's Rambling!

Postby itblobboy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:53 pm

Misterman22 wrote:So... the point of this thread is too... ramble?

Yeah. Not literally ramble, please be coherent... But just say what's on your mind when it's worth discussing.

I like it because I'm speaking to a faceless audience!

Word of the day is nuisance. This is one of my favorite words! I do so love calling things nuisances. I might even call you a nuisance because I'll enjoy it.

Hah hah, check out the wikipedia article on the Shake Weight.
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby itblobboy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:10 am

Word of the day is sans!

Okay, so while I'm on the topic, what's up with Undertale? And, more notably, its fandom?

I loved the game, but I don't even understand the premise of participating in a fandom. I'm saying this as a fan of Homestuck and probably other fandom-involved stuff. I don't participate in such behaviors in ways beyond occasionally posting images that feature fanart of things I've enjoyed, and almost always just because it suits the conversation or is just funny. I don't really reserve the images I pull to anything in specific, although I'll admit it's a lot easier to find a gazillion images made for Homestuck and Prequel so I mostly end up using those.

There's lots of questions I could ask, but I know the answer to "why Undertale?" is because Toby Fox had done previous work to get people paying attention to him and notice when he released a game that has a lot of appeals. So how about this. "Why fandom?"

I understand that the natural reaction to thorough enjoyment is to indulge in it further, but a response in the form of a fandom is borderline societal. It's the creation of a community to that end of just enjoying Undertale further. Know what I mean?

... Well, why is that? It probably looks like I'm asking the question I just answered, so I mean, why is it that we enjoy Undertale further by creating a community ("fandom") which chocks the internet full of fanart, references, and telling other people we like it and probably discussing it extensively?

I imagine several interpretations exist which are all about accurate. It's human nature to be social creatures, it helps people connect, it lets people come to a more thorough understanding of what about the game they actually enjoyed... Bluh bluh. Now I'm explaining "why community". I mean "why FANDOM". That's a genre of subculture which features (as I view it): references/referential humor, the participation in phenomenons such as OTPs/fanfiction/lots of other icky things, emotional attachment, and letting the fandom define self/social identity.

But... Well, I'm suppose I'm asking you guys what the appeal is. I don't know. So few people answer from this perspective, you know? That's why I'm posting this ramble. (+50 internet points to whoever notices the reference I'm making with that wording)

Note that you guys don't really have to answer from my perspective, I'll take anything you guys have to say on the topic really. Remember what I said about not understanding the premise of participating in a fandom? That means if you have insight, it's probably better than mine. So tell me how I should look at it. It's almost as though I could believe that anyone might enjoy any individual activity associated with a fandom, but when you put the whole image together, the community aspect is just unsightly. So I have to ask what the "appeal" is, and I also assume people will comment on my interpretations, ask me questions to explain myself, etc. Hah hah, that is of course all built on top of the assumption that anyone will reply.

Perhaps I should investigate reddit. I won't because both I don't care enough to and because I need to get back to making a gif!

I'll leave you with a funny and related meme for your time.
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Misterman22 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:49 pm

As one who never played Undertale, I never really understood the hype. From what I hear, it's a good game, but is it really deserving of all the praise that it garners? Surely, there are other games out there that exceed Undertale in terms of gameplay, plot relevance, and overall good vibes, but I surmise that they have much less popularity than Undertale. Just my thoughts on the matter.
No Unbanana for you

Stupid auplod dun broked
Misterman22

Postby itblobboy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:35 pm

Misterman22 wrote:Surely, there are other games out there that exceed Undertale in terms of gameplay, plot relevance, and overall good vibes, but I surmise that they have much less popularity than Undertale.

In matters of taste, there shall be no disputes.

That said, it is true some games serve their purpose more effectively than others.

Undertale is well crafted. Definitely a reasonable contender for an individual's favorite game, it has its own specific appeals. That's just how liking things works, man. It's really weird, I think. Yet simple...
itblobboy

Postby TheSwordMaster123 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:15 pm

dont question the importance of undertale

ever
ImageImage
IGN: Emulous
Selling the account Trafficker, pm me if interested
TheSwordMaster123

Postby itblobboy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:59 pm

TheSwordMaster123 wrote:dont question the importance of undertale

ever

Undertale was not under scrutiny, fandoms were.

Word of the day is diaphragm. It's important for breathing!

I am... SO sleepy. I can't believe I at one point almost let Penhead convince me to stay up some 3 nights in a row.

I made a gif. Unfortunately, the conversion processes it had to go through nuked its quality. The frame rate is garbage now. Check it: http://imgur.com/a/wyHv5

It was for a contest for the webcomic Prequel. Okay, good night everyone.

Pit of amazing cool fun stuff below
Spoiler: show
Don't worry about knowing the character, I only like it because it looks nice.
https://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/voidlight <-- How pleasant!

These things please me. Ah, contentedness... You have a bitter twinge, but you are sweet indeed.
itblobboy

Postby itblobboy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:14 pm

I hope tomorrow I allow myself the time needed to create a thorough analysis in my ramble.

For now, though, the word of the day must suffice. The word is hard-boiled!
itblobboy

Postby itblobboy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:24 pm

When people show you who they are, believe them. ~Maya Angelou

Sorry folks, gotta save my long rant for the weekend, since school keeps me busies. But here's a short (edit: NEVERMIND) one.

I have recently been thoroughly appalled. You guys know Prequeladventure? The one featuring the Khajiit (Elder Scrolls games) protagonist?

So... I'm aware there's this furry-or-whatever thing with catgirl shit... And I'm aware the fanart booru for prequel can sometimes post questionable content. Usually the image preview for these images are censored and labelled questionable. I generally steer clear of awkwardness so swell, I enjoy the occasional random-fanshit browse. Sparse fanshit browses, really, but I've been motivated by the recent gif contest I participated in.

So hit an arbitrary page number, check out the "laughing" tag, and clicked a few, and there's a shirt thing with a giat cat-head shaped hole over the cleavage. My immediate reaction was being offended. In the caused to be annoyed, upset, and resentful kind of way.

Shortly thereafter I was incredibly curious about my own reaction! I've grown up on the internet, so I've grown highly desensitized to typical internet perversion and usually just scroll on without care (or a bit of fleeting discomfort, depending on my mood). I have to ask myself now, what inspired an emotional response?

Attachment to the character? Perhaps. I had not become resentful about any of the other fanart though. The furry-cat-sexualization thing? Perhaps. I believe in the philosophy of "whatever floats your boat", however it makes me uneasy to be personally subjected to such things in a manner I find irresistible. (Such a manner being a big FUCK YOU to the people who tell me to chill out and that I just have to accept things! You're all inconsiderate pricks when it comes to differentiating conscious efforts and conscious concessions!) Something else? It's hard to tell. I am finding this viewpoint at introspection futile. The most accurate assumption is that all things I view as defining me played a factor in my visceral response.

Oh! Right. Word of the day. Visceral happens to work. Sounds good!

What do you guys think about introspection? How can any individual define the motive of their emotion? How can we differentiate relative beliefs that we view identify ourselves from the motives for emotional response? Should we? Even more strange, should we even consider "beliefs of ourselves" at all in these matters? After all, who's to say that we are not merely telling ourselves our beliefs and do not consider them inherently "us"? Or is what we tell ourselves we are how we define ourselves - after all, an individual is defined by the collection of their thoughts as they have learned throughout their life.

The notion of self-identity is captivating. To me, the hard part is applying it to myself. The more I think of myself, the more I feel like I'm making everything up and just convincing myself to make problems of things that do not truly need to concern me... But in the end it's all in my head either way. So tell me. How do I explain the phenomenon of immediate, I'd call it instinctive, vehemence? What did this mean about me?

I can think of very many aspects of myself that could take displeasure in the lewd spectacle. And yet, how does this overwhelm the positive experience of the image - the pleasant art and the humor I delight in? (there was humor, yeah, but it was the dialogue.)

I won't and can't carry you guys through the full ramble of thorough introspection since I have homework to do, but hey. At least I can regard these rambles with such expert apathy that I don't even think of the fact that I'm submitting them publicly anymore. I seriously could not give the slightest of damns. Maybe I just take solace in thinking nobody cares. So - take it all in! One day I may get fed up and edit all my posts into "Deleted."

Am I just rebranding the idiocy of social media by posting things without caring people read them..? Eh, at least I'm conscious of my apathy through my anxieties. Also, I think people are probably constantly trying to impress others with social media, so it's really just a huge social status effort anyway.

itblobboy

Postby stripey_cat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:47 pm

itblobboy wrote:
What do you guys think about introspection?

I think introspection and reflection are extremely useful. Sometimes you have to call a method in Java but can't do it at compile-time. These allow you to get classes and call methods in a dynamic manner.

[Serious nerd humor. If you actually get this reference and want a programming job, send me your resume. :) ]
Image Keepin' it Real
stripey_cat

Postby itblobboy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:52 pm

stripey_cat wrote:I think introspection and reflection are extremely useful. Sometimes you have to call a method in Java but can't do it at compile-time. These allow you to get classes and call methods in a dynamic manner.

[Serious nerd humor. If you actually get this reference and want a programming job, send me your resume. :) ]

I'm familiar with the terminology, but not enough so to tell you why the joke was funny. Oh well. I guess I should practice anyway, not nearly enough experience for such a field. (Although, isn't that what college is for?)

Also resume? Hah hah... Heh... Eh... I should prepare for a future in the workforce soon. I hear everyone gets to make one of those.
itblobboy

Postby Misterman22 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:36 pm

stripey_cat wrote:
itblobboy wrote:
What do you guys think about introspection?

I think introspection and reflection are extremely useful. Sometimes you have to call a method in Java but can't do it at compile-time. These allow you to get classes and call methods in a dynamic manner.

public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Holy crap I need a job");
}
No Unbanana for you

Stupid auplod dun broked
Misterman22

Postby itblobboy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Word of the day is abject.

"Loneliness is easily avoided by always serving others" - Andrew Skelley

http://2static.fjcdn.com/movies/Dank_fbf3ab_6016778.mp4
itblobboy

Postby Misterman22 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:53 pm

itblobboy wrote:Word of the day is abject.

"Loneliness is easily avoided by always serving others" - Andrew Skelley

http://2static.fjcdn.com/movies/Dank_fbf3ab_6016778.mp4

A dreary WOTD and a quote about loneliness and servitude. How most definitely not saddening.
No Unbanana for you

Stupid auplod dun broked
Misterman22

Postby itblobboy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:06 pm

Misterman22 wrote:A dreary WOTD and a quote about loneliness and servitude. How most definitely not saddening.

Yeah I know it, and it's true I consciously chose these as a reflection of my attitude, but I still thought both were quite nice in their own solemn little ways.

Also, that quote is more or less relevant based on your perspective on life, society, and the nature of interpersonal relationships.

Here's somethin fun in a silly way, though, if that's in demand (I already included the hilarious video, what more do you need!?):

ROXY: lmao
ROXY: scarf troll ur p funny
ROXY: hope i meet ya again
ROXY: or at least some version of myself meets some version of urself
ROXY: whew wat an abstract wish! fantasy wishgiver dreamchrist dont even kno what that meant enough to make it happen or not
ROXY: he and his loyal entourage of religion-wizerds just shruggin @ eachother
ROXY: um k so
ROXY: good luck fixin all the shit john
ROXY: anyway im out
ROXY: phasin down to the core o this sucker 4 denizen timez
ROXY: later dudes
ROXY: *poof!*

- http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008935, featuring Roxy being the best character on Homestuck.

Laters folks.

itblobboy

Postby Bluee » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:39 am

I remember when this post was created I'm online after a loong time and its still here lmao
Bluee

Postby itblobboy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:08 am

Word of teh day yesterday is occult.

Word of teh day today is dinge.
itblobboy

Postby FertalDroidYT » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:00 am

Png, as well as my animated signature is made of pngs.
FertalDroidYT

Postby TheSwordMaster123 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:52 pm

FertalDroidYT wrote:Png, as well as my animated signature is made of pngs.

Ok the fact that youre trying out a color is great and all but can you take it down a notch? It's way too bright, my eyes hurt from attempting to read it
ImageImage
IGN: Emulous
Selling the account Trafficker, pm me if interested
TheSwordMaster123

Postby itblobboy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:40 pm

TheSwordMaster123 wrote:
FertalDroidYT wrote:Png, as well as my animated signature is made of pngs.

Ok the fact that youre trying out a color is great and all but can you take it down a notch? It's way too bright, my eyes hurt from attempting to read it

AN EDUCATIONAL GIF:

That said, yeah, that font color makes me feel like my retinas were branded.

I'm too busy reading All Night Laundry to do anything else today, sorry folks. Maybe tomorrow.
itblobboy

Postby itblobboy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:14 pm

Okay, so I lied about doing the debate thing I guess. The vehemence of my opinion kind of died down.

I may get back to it. No promises.

Word of the day yesterday was viridescent, word of the day today is saccharine.

https://soundcloud.com/passiveprocrastinator/saccharine-disposition
While looking that up, I found a song called saccharine disposition. That's cool! As a matter of fact, it appears this guy makes a bunch of Homestuck fan music. Neat.

New poll! I really dislike background noise. I can't focus at all when I have to listen to music. Screw you, music-during-classwork teachers! I resent you all!

That said... I've developed the talent of tuning it out. Sometimes I can... Other times I want to listen to my headphones but the TV is blaring too much to ignore, everything's getting disturbed. This displeases me! But... That's just another instance of background noise. Damn you background noise!

I wear earplugs to bed sometimes. I really am a grouchy old man, hm.

You know what, this ramble already looks music related. I might as well dump this here too.
https://aivi-surasshu.bandcamp.com/album/the-black-box

Bonus: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA dank memes
itblobboy

Postby itblobboy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Word of the day is transient. Inspired by fleeting memories.

I got nothin else. Sorry folks.
itblobboy

Postby itblobboy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Word of the day?

Fraught.

I don't know what else I could include in this post without taking a bunch of time, so here's one of the first gifs I made. Not that bad, I suppose, although I am hardly overtaken by a feeling of success.

I'm still glad I put the effort into making it. Practice or something! The only part I really like is the color and maybe some details in the pixels, but I have to confess that I used the color dropper tool from Kazerad's work on Prequel to get the background right >:p

Edit: I don't want to bump my thread to say this, but I'm done rambling again.

Maybe if I feel I have a reason to I will revive it.
Last edited by itblobboy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
itblobboy

Postby SurveyCorps36 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:28 am

DID PEOPLE ACTUALLY SPEND TIME READING THAT
SurveyCorps36

Postby Misterman22 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:47 pm

SurveyCorps36 wrote:DID PEOPLE ACTUALLY SPEND TIME READING THAT

...Yeah...

Also, I don't know if your computer has a jammed caps lock button or not, but if it does, get it fixed before posting again. All those capital letters give me the impression that either you're 9 years old or a mental midget.
No Unbanana for you

Stupid auplod dun broked
Misterman22

Postby itblobboy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Today is Homestuck shitpost day!

Check it out, a somewhat recent trailer for Hiveswap that was released!

Do you know what that means? Homestuck's fandom will [S] Wake.
itblobboy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic