itblobboy's Rambling!

Post here for things completely unrelated to Helmet Heroes.

Do you like or dislike background noise (can be music, people, etc)?

30%
Only like when I don't want to focus
44%
Dislike
26%

Total votes : 50

Re: itblobboy's Rambling!

Postby Misterman22 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:18 pm

itblobboy wrote:Today is Homestuck shitpost day!

Check it out, a somewhat recent trailer for Hiveswap that was released!

Do you know what that means? Homestuck's fandom will [S] Wake.

I'm sorry for my general ignorance, but what exactly is Homestuck? I mean, I have read the first little bit, but I still don't really have the full picture of the plot.
No Unbanana for you

Stupid auplod dun broked
Misterman22

Postby TheSwordMaster123 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:44 pm

you were the 1500th post
ImageImage
IGN: Emulous
Selling the account Trafficker, pm me if interested
TheSwordMaster123

Postby itblobboy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:20 pm

Misterman22 wrote:I'm sorry for my general ignorance, but what exactly is Homestuck? I mean, I have read the first little bit, but I still don't really have the full picture of the plot.

What a nice question.

Homestuck is a webcomic. More importantly, its a nontraditional webcomic. It confused the hell out of me when I was first introduced to it as well, but I wasn't familiar with webcomics at all then. That's why I suggest you read some traditional ones. Try Will Save World for Gold, Order of the Stick, and for one that happens to have been inspired by the style of Homestuck you can also check out PrequelAdventure.

All you need to know is it's quite challenging to read, longer than the Bible, and mocks the format of a game. The "next" links are mock "commands" the user "submits" to progress the story. Wait, also know that it incorporates several formats. Sometimes they're pictures with dialogue, sometimes they're flash animations and interactive, sometimes they're vines or youtube...

There's lots of reasons to appreciate the story quite deeply and I'm not going to tell you what to like about it. But what you can inspect is interpersonal relations (the focus of the story is mostly to do with the characters and how they interact with each other, but also the world), confusingly intricate plot, engaging lore, and peculiar humor which can be offputting to some.

I read it last winter vacation, but the story wasn't over then. It ended 4/13/2016. That's why I'm going to read it again this winter vacation! Besides, reading a story once is for plebs in general.

You have to understand the beginning part is an introduction to a much grander thing. You just have to follow through.
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby TheSwordMaster123 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:40 pm

itblobboy wrote:
Misterman22 wrote:I'm sorry for my general ignorance, but what exactly is Homestuck? I mean, I have read the first little bit, but I still don't really have the full picture of the plot.

What a nice question.

Homestuck is a webcomic. More importantly, its a nontraditional webcomic. It confused the hell out of me when I was first introduced to it as well, but I wasn't familiar with webcomics at all then. That's why I suggest you read some traditional ones. Try Will Save World for Gold, Order of the Stick, and for one that happens to have been inspired by the style of Homestuck you can also check out PrequelAdventure.

All you need to know is it's quite challenging to read, longer than the Bible, and mocks the format of a game. The "next" links are mock "commands" the user "submits" to progress the story. Wait, also know that it incorporates several formats. Sometimes they're pictures with dialogue, sometimes they're flash animations and interactive, sometimes they're vines or youtube...

There's lots of reasons to appreciate the story quite deeply and I'm not going to tell you what to like about it. But what you can inspect is interpersonal relations (the focus of the story is mostly to do with the characters and how they interact with each other, but also the world), confusingly intricate plot, engaging lore, and peculiar humor which can be offputting to some.

I read it last winter vacation, but the story wasn't over then. It ended 4/13/2016. That's why I'm going to read it again this winter vacation! Besides, reading a story once is for plebs in general.

You have to understand the beginning part is an introduction to a much grander thing. You just have to follow through.

thanks for ignoring me when i was trying to point out a major mark in this thread and your general future legacy
ImageImage
IGN: Emulous
Selling the account Trafficker, pm me if interested
TheSwordMaster123

Re: itblobboy's Misanthropy!

Postby itblobboy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:31 pm

My pleasure to ignore you buddy

Anyway Homestuck shitpost day was a major success so let's top it off with talk about expressive people in our school day

Too many people act flamboyantly at my school
You can recognize a variety of goths (unrelated: I recently learned steampunk is a type of goth. That's actually quite neat! Alas, I have not seen any steampunk styles at my school)
Folks (mostly lasses) with cat/mammal/Homestuck accessory clothing (headphones, headbands, stockings, shirts, tails, etc)
Ladies discussing the condition of local strip clubs and whether or not they would work there casually walking down the halls
Unnatural hair colors all over
Lads openly discussing sexual preferences and interactions walkin down the halls
Scantily clad individuals
And I'm like, whoa there, TMI, stop being yourself all up in my face
I have eyes and ears you inconsiderate fuck
Ammirite?

Spoiler: show
Sorry, the part where I rationalize my opinion is pay per view. Contact by PM for premium channel access.

Kappa, I'm just purposefully excluding that for the sake of being able to hear OTHER people's opinions. Besides, can't you guys guess? It really isn't hard to infer why one might take objection to self expression such as I've described. One may argue it sounds characteristic of degeneracy, or perhaps overwhelming extroversion. But that's just hypothetical speculation.

Future ramble will regard MBTI.
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby itblobboy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:54 pm

MisoSoup247 wrote:I feel like there isn't much to talk about these days so I'ma bring up a pretty old HH related story from 2013 if you guys don't mind. Note: This was originally a PM I was going to send to Gregore but instead I had it saved as a draft... and yeah... I've been going through my draft folder and there was a lot but this one was pretty interesting and thought I should share it:

"Hey Gregore, I have a very weird and long story full of mysteries to tell you that involves coke_na_rc, an "unidentified CTT member", Miso(me), Tomatha and r3v3r3nd... I will REALLY try my best to explain this story but let me just say... this all happened today and it remains to be the STRANGEST day of Helmet Heroes I've ever had... and I'll remind you one more time, this is a VERY VERY VERY long story. I've added pictures just to make it less boring. So grab a snack and don't fall asleep!

Ok...I'll begin now... :cry:

Recently Tomatha joined Click To Talk... I found out about this while heading to Robo City from the Green Tops area. I welcomed him to CTT but he didn't mutter a word. I said goodbye before leaving the area.

When I entered the Fairyville woods.... Tomatha was somehow ahead of me, staying near the portal to the next area.

"He must have teleport, that's cool" I thought to myself as I stopped and said my greetings to him once more. He didn't say anything. He just stood there staring at me... I got a little scared and told him,"You're very quiet today". There was no response from him. So I told him where I was headed once more before leaving the area.

I was now in the second area of the Fairyville woods place and again... Tomatha was ahead of me... staying idle in a spot near the portal to the next area. I got even more scared. It felt as though Tomatha was stalking me but he was letting his prescence be known to me.... I quickly left this time without even saying a word to him. I looked in the top left corner of the screen and saw that there was no blue bar telling me that there was a guild member in the area. So I took this chance to yell at the top of my lungs...

"TOMATHA IS ACTING WEIRD. TOMATHA IS ACTING WEIRD".

Before the message disappeared... Tomatha appeared. Again... he stood still without saying a word and just staring into my eyes as if it was my soul.I quickly jumped and ran my way to the portal leading to the wacky windmill area. No signs of Tomatha.

There were about 3 players in the area and I knew asking for help wouldn't do any good so I continued on to Robo City.... but of course... Tomatha was "waiting" for me in the next area...

I didn't stop for even a second, I walked passed him and decided it was best to just ignore Tomatha...

So I went pass the goo dungeon 1 while thinking, just why is he chasing me?

Once I was nearly at Robo City, I yelled out "HELP SOMEONE IS CHASING ME!" in hopes that maybe there were someone that could do something... but there was no one willing too.

When I finally reached Robo City... Tomatha was already there before me.

At this point, I knew something was wrong with him and he wanted something from me but I didn't know what it was. I ran to Larry's but...

HE HAD THE EYES OF A KILLER. I KNEW IT WAS A BAD IDEA TO STAY 1 SECOND LONGER AT LARRY'S SO I RAN OUT.

In desperation, I entered Viper's store in a panic and before I could get words out of my mouth for help...

...TOMATHA WAS ALREADY THERE.

To be continued... (sorry but this is a really long story and I have to tell you the whole thing)
"

Like I said before, this was originally a PM that I was going to send to Gregore but I never did for some reasons. Anyway the truth to the mystery was that Tomatha was just a slow typer back then or something along those lines :lol:

Throwback Ramblesday!

Hurt or Heal forum game sequel coming within a week. Tell your friends.

Also, potentially seeking storywriting or sequential art design assistance, depending on if I follow through with writing a forum comic. I may compromise and make the comic an intrinsic part of the hurt or heal reboot, I dunno.

itblobboy

Postby VariusAvus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:01 am

itblobboy wrote:Throwback Ramblesday!

Hurt or Heal forum game sequel coming within a week. Tell your friends.

Hooray!
VariusAvus

Postby Official_VyzymZ » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:19 am

itblobboy wrote:
MisoSoup247 wrote:I feel like there isn't much to talk about these days so I'ma bring up a pretty old HH related story from 2013 if you guys don't mind. Note: This was originally a PM I was going to send to Gregore but instead I had it saved as a draft... and yeah... I've been going through my draft folder and there was a lot but this one was pretty interesting and thought I should share it:

"Hey Gregore, I have a very weird and long story full of mysteries to tell you that involves coke_na_rc, an "unidentified CTT member", Miso(me), Tomatha and r3v3r3nd... I will REALLY try my best to explain this story but let me just say... this all happened today and it remains to be the STRANGEST day of Helmet Heroes I've ever had... and I'll remind you one more time, this is a VERY VERY VERY long story. I've added pictures just to make it less boring. So grab a snack and don't fall asleep!

Ok...I'll begin now... :cry:

Recently Tomatha joined Click To Talk... I found out about this while heading to Robo City from the Green Tops area. I welcomed him to CTT but he didn't mutter a word. I said goodbye before leaving the area.

When I entered the Fairyville woods.... Tomatha was somehow ahead of me, staying near the portal to the next area.

"He must have teleport, that's cool" I thought to myself as I stopped and said my greetings to him once more. He didn't say anything. He just stood there staring at me... I got a little scared and told him,"You're very quiet today". There was no response from him. So I told him where I was headed once more before leaving the area.

I was now in the second area of the Fairyville woods place and again... Tomatha was ahead of me... staying idle in a spot near the portal to the next area. I got even more scared. It felt as though Tomatha was stalking me but he was letting his prescence be known to me.... I quickly left this time without even saying a word to him. I looked in the top left corner of the screen and saw that there was no blue bar telling me that there was a guild member in the area. So I took this chance to yell at the top of my lungs...

"TOMATHA IS ACTING WEIRD. TOMATHA IS ACTING WEIRD".

Before the message disappeared... Tomatha appeared. Again... he stood still without saying a word and just staring into my eyes as if it was my soul.I quickly jumped and ran my way to the portal leading to the wacky windmill area. No signs of Tomatha.

There were about 3 players in the area and I knew asking for help wouldn't do any good so I continued on to Robo City.... but of course... Tomatha was "waiting" for me in the next area...

I didn't stop for even a second, I walked passed him and decided it was best to just ignore Tomatha...

So I went pass the goo dungeon 1 while thinking, just why is he chasing me?

Once I was nearly at Robo City, I yelled out "HELP SOMEONE IS CHASING ME!" in hopes that maybe there were someone that could do something... but there was no one willing too.

When I finally reached Robo City... Tomatha was already there before me.

At this point, I knew something was wrong with him and he wanted something from me but I didn't know what it was. I ran to Larry's but...

HE HAD THE EYES OF A KILLER. I KNEW IT WAS A BAD IDEA TO STAY 1 SECOND LONGER AT LARRY'S SO I RAN OUT.

In desperation, I entered Viper's store in a panic and before I could get words out of my mouth for help...

...TOMATHA WAS ALREADY THERE.

To be continued... (sorry but this is a really long story and I have to tell you the whole thing)
"

Like I said before, this was originally a PM that I was going to send to Gregore but I never did for some reasons. Anyway the truth to the mystery was that Tomatha was just a slow typer back then or something along those lines :lol:

:lol: I can feel the tingling sensation :lol:
Official_VyzymZ

Postby DaviM12 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:51 pm

So there's this whole thing about the Hurt and/or Heal Forum Game that could be going back in a while and it isn't frontpaged for some reason, though I can understand why, but I only found about it like 20 minutes before this and I dunno what to talk about!
A story sounds fun... but we'd hav to see if the balancing is good enough for I hav to try to find out which class is the worst instead of knowing which one it is instantly... It probably could be, though...
Anyway:
Background noise! It makes stuffs feel more alive!
I don't like it >: (
So lazy... maybe I could do a thing...

Cool epic quotes:
None wrote:new accounts can't PM coke to prevent crying babies like you
Teofiel122 wrote:"REGION UNVALABLE" is cancel now or no?
outlast123 wrote:aw is the war idiots still fights
DaviM12

Postby Exposed » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:22 pm

A thread for rambling? I absolutely love it! Here's a little question for you ramblers that I constantly think about.

If someone can never really know something to be completely true, than do we really know it to be true that you can't completely know something to be true?

God, I've read too much of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.
Exposed

Location: distaste distaste distaste distaste distaste distaste distaste distaste

Postby Official_VyzymZ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Exposed wrote:If someone can never really know something to be completely true, than do we really know it to be true that you can't completely know something to be true?

Wait what
Official_VyzymZ

Postby 0Pursuited » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:04 pm

I only like it when im trying to focus idk how but
0Pursuited

Postby Bezu » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:42 am

Exposed wrote:A thread for rambling? I absolutely love it! Here's a little question for you ramblers that I constantly think about.

If someone can never really know something to be completely true, than do we really know it to be true that you can't completely know something to be true?

God, I've read too much of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.

I'd take a guess and say no, you can't.
If someone can never really know something to be completely true, he wouldn't be able to make an assumption as "know it to be true that you can't completely know something to be true". Your mind wouldn't be able to to process this idea, much less create it!

As a side note, I absolutely love how you leave enough footprints to not be completely anonymous yet still remain mysterious.
This signature will self-destruct in 10 seconds, good luck Jim
Bezu

Postby Exposed » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:31 am

That is wholly my intention, and I'm glad you've noticed. Was it the fact that I slipped in to using short sentences and a lack of punctuation that gave I away?

I would also like to congratulate you on answering that question correctly.
Exposed

Location: distaste distaste distaste distaste distaste distaste distaste distaste

Postby Pursuited- » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:34 am

BUMP.
Pursuited-

Postby Seta » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:12 pm

i can't believe this thread is still alive lol
Seta

Postby IamTroopas » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:17 pm

first post on this thread in almost a year :o :o :o :o :o

BUMP!
Ign:yotubeTroopas7
Alt:MobyDoy
Yt:troopas7
Yt:uioidk1
IamTroopas

Postby Tomatha » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:17 pm

Lol, so it has.
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Previous

Return to Off Topic