Lavastone Areas (New Monsters, New Quests, New Fish)

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Lavastone Areas (New Monsters, New Quests, New Fish)

Postby Naruto » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:16 am

Heya fellow Helmet Hero players, over the past week or so I've been busy working on a suggestion so here goes a brief intro of what this thread contains.

-4 new areas
-3 oldish Cryo Armours slightly redesigned so that it fits the HH theme more
-New Cryo Gunner Set and Cryo Cannon gun
-4 new fish
-2 new monsters
-6 new quests
-1 new special quest exclusive item

*The spoilers underneath the areas contain the full size image of the areas and will also contain spawn points as well as moving platform directions.

=========================================================================================================
All these ideas would not have been possible if not for four people that I would like to acknowledge and give credit to:

First is Ky, without the full length stages that he so kindly provided on the wiki, I would not have been able to find the dimensions and angles of the slopes so that I could apply those values to the stages that I have created here.

Second is Miso, he was the artist behind the fish suggested in this thread which he drew meticulously and I have to admit they are faaaabuuuulous and if this suggestion goes through, I would love to see these fish in these areas as well.

Third is Wall, he is an older player, one from the days of the Great Frog era. He was the one who drew the Magmagon and the Barros and it was his drawing suggestions that motivated me to make the stages so that hopefully his monsters can continue to live on in this game.

Last but not least, the person that I would like to acknowledge is Rob Scherer. Without him, this game would literally cease to exist and I am infinitely grateful for all the countless hours that he has put into this unique sidescrolling MMORPG. Not only that but he is the most open minded and kindest developer that I have had the privilege of meeting and I am confident that this game will continue to flourish with him at its helm.

Thank you to you all!

-Naruto

=========================================================================================================
Entrance Portal: (Behind Carnelia's muhahahaha)
Area 1: Lava Fields

Area 2: Mount Molten

Area 3: Lava Plateau

Area 4: Mad Ricky's Mansion

Key Elements:
Portal for entering and leaving the area

Moving platform

Lava similar to the pre existing thorns and spikes. Has a "Monster Power" of 475 so that every second that a player is touched by lava, they will be damaged by it equivalent to a monster that has 475 power.

Coinbox that drops $1000 in total. Each coin value will be at $100 so 10 coins will drop in total.

Spawn Point
Monsters designed by Wall:
Magmagon
Description:
The Magmagon feeds on the lava that flows from Mount Molten and into the Lava Fields. Magmagons have developed extremely tough scales that are heat resistant in order to protect their inner organs. Because of the scale's durability and heat resistance, they are used in the creation of Cryo gear. As molten lava consists of it's main diet, it will rarely attack humans unless provoked.

Magmagons will spawn in Area 1: Lava Fields and Area 2: Mount Molten on the left side of the map.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barros
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Description:
The Barros is the ruler of the lava lands. Rock-like formations have crusted over its top half, giving it a formidable defense that even the sharpest blade, arrow and deadliest magic would be unable to pierce. The only hope one would have of defeating such a monster would be too aim for the lava sacs that cover it's lower body. However, it is likely that you will be slashed apart by its sharp claws or stomped to death before you can get close. Despite its sheer mass and size, it is still very agile. Its main diet consists of Magmagons and any foolish adventurer that wanders into its domain.

Barros will spawn in Area 2: Mount Molten on the right side of the map and will also spawn in Area 3: Lava Plateau

Lava Fish designed by Miso that will go into the fishing spots in Areas 1 and 2:
NPC's in Mad Ricky's Mansion:

Name: Ellen
Role: Healing NPC

Normal Dialogue:
Dialogue after wearing special gear:
"Is it hot in here or is it just me? Wow, no need to look so embarrassed, I'm just kidding with you. Do you need to be healed? Those Barros can be deadly. Here, let me take a look at that flaming gash."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Jason
Role: Shopkeeper

Normal Dialogue:
"I'm amazed that you made it here. If you want to survive around these hostile parts, you're gonna need some cool gear to keep you from being burnt to a cinder. I mean cool like super cooled as in below freezing. May I interest you in some of this Cryo gear?"

Jason will sell this following gear:
Cryo Warrior

Cryo Archer

Cryo Mage

Cryo Gunner
Name: Mad Ricky
Role: BlackHood Leader

Normal dialogue:
"Glad to see another Blackhood around these parts. I got a mission for you. Seeing as how you made it here, this first mission should be no sweat to you. Deliver these blueprints to Mystic at the E.V.I.L headquarters."

After completing the first mission:
"Hmph. You're still alive. I need some special fish for some of my...plans. Fish 10 of these ____________ fish for me. I need a special chemical called Co2KeH10 from it. Go now, time is of the essence."

After completing the second mission:
"Thanks for the fish, it made quite a romantic dinner for Ellen and I. Now, onto more pressing matters. Check on Mizon. I want to see how his tree chopping progress is going. After you have checked in with him, kill 10,000 Green Bouncers. I need to reduce the population of Green Bouncers so that fear will be instilled and so that they will obey me."

After completing the third mission:
"Good job. My Green Bouncer army is a lot more obedient now that their kin have been slaughtered. I shall plan an invasion on Wooden Village soon but before I do that I would like some new gear. A suit and sunglasses doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of the innocent ya know? Go buy me a full Skullcrusher set."

After completing the fourth mission:
"Great! Now we're all set to go...hmmm wait, no we're not. I need a majestic steed to ride into battle. Bring me a majestic pet that I can ride into battle. I adore foxes."

After completing the fifth mission:
"Hmmm, that is one nice pet...it seems to be lacking some equipment on it though. It needs something that is both majestic and something that strikes fear at the same time. I like the colour purple, it is both majestic and also a powerful colour. Go buy something like that which fits my description."

After completing the sixth mission:
"I shall start my invasion soon. Thank you for all the help. Here's a little reward for your efforts. I had Jason forge it awhile ago"

Upon completion of the sixth mission, players will receive this:
Mad Ricky's Axeblade
Last edited by Naruto on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naruto

Re: Lavastone Areas (New Monsters, New Quests, New Fish)

Postby itblobboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:21 am

Yes.

Oh, and kudos. You really put together something nice.

I love how you keep noobs out with lava pools for portals.

Btw, in the key, I don't see spawn points on the maps.

Note, bonus suggestion: There was once a suggested desert area somewhere on the forums. This area could come with the desert, and they'd be connected wherever they are. I've suggested the desert spans out of big mans den (now fairyville to the right), and the volcano comes off that. The signs warning of danger should be huge though :lol:
Last edited by itblobboy on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Drewness » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:42 am

Once again, props on a well thought out and documented idea!

I particularly like your caption, "Wow, a new portal." :D
Code: Select all
  ___  ___ _____      ___  _ ___ ___ ___
 |   \| _ \ __\ \    / / \| | __/ __/ __|
 | |) |   / _| \ \/\/ /| .` | _|\__ \__ \
 |___/|_|_\___| \_/\_/ |_|\_|___|___/___/
Drewness

Postby fallenangel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:47 am

Love all of these suggestion
Credits to miso
please give a damn (click signature)
Spoiler: show

If I could kill you, I would
But it's frowned upon in all fifty states
Having said that, burn in hell!
fallenangel

Location: The land of invisible blue unicorns where it rains nutella daily

Postby coke_na_rc » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:00 am

axe blade :o

so epic, naruto :ugeek: :idea:
really wish it to be on fishing update :?
Beat that
coke_na_rc

Postby itblobboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 am

coke_na_rc wrote: really wish it to be on fishing update :?

That would make the update take forever to come out! :lol:

But it would make a nice followup update... Heat stroke if my note-suggestion goes in with it.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby fakeandgey » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:11 am

Lovely, agreed except one little bit. You put all the portals into the lava, so it forces the player to take damage.
I say put the portals on platforms and not in the lava, then all is good.
fakeandgey

Postby Kuraradou » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:13 am

It'll probably be forever until I'd actually be able to experience this place, but a lot of thought was put into the idea, and it looks kool.
+1 Support
Kuraradou

Postby belding » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:04 am

epic stuff. I hope it all makes it in. We need more high level monsters and quests. And your gear ideas are still awesome.
belding

Postby itblobboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:21 am

fakeandgey wrote:Lovely, agreed except one little bit. You put all the portals into the lava, so it forces the player to take damage.

That's my favorite feature of the maps! It keeps noobs out.
itblobboy

Postby Teippio » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:31 am

Wow all that look too cool :O Really great work, keep it up :)
My blog | Vote yes here if you want me to play HH for atleast 1 day
Be yourself no matter what they say or what they think or what you think they think :)
Teippio

Postby fakeandgey » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:46 am

itblobboy wrote:
fakeandgey wrote:Lovely, agreed except one little bit. You put all the portals into the lava, so it forces the player to take damage.

I'm a "noob". I travel the world map just to see what it's like, I don't try and interfere with people killing monsters or collecting loot. I would love to see this amazing area in person without having to be level 150+
fakeandgey

Postby SlapThatChicken » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:31 pm

itblobboy wrote:

Honestly everything is good except that, if the portals are what used to keep noobs out just cause you worried they going to steal your loot, that is not a good enough reason to keep them out, beside the monsters would probably kill them first seeing as they going to most likely be large enough that if they spawn on them, they will just die.

Forcing damage especially in the shop is just awful design, other than that every other part of these designs is just fine.

As for the enemies though, wow, that a is a bit much on that Barros for so little XP that I think the XP is WAY too low seeing as it defense is just massive compare to repguanas... doing it this way just make another example that XP is generally the most useless part of end game. 3k-4k XP per kill for that kind of stats would have been way better. The Magmagon though however feels just right to me for the reward, it not too large of a increase over something like kreetons.
SlapThatChicken

Postby itblobboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:45 pm

SlapThatChicken wrote:beside the monsters would probably kill them first

If this was true then loot stealing wouldn't be controversial.
itblobboy

Postby SlapThatChicken » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Normally it fine if they try to steal then something kills them, less they being smart and they are using area teleport to ensure that they can get back quickly, it really the only time it would be bad but honestly, only like very very very few would even have it, if at all, if they pay for it though then they almost have 0 reasons to loot steal like crazy off strongest players cause they can probably already make enough money off tickets to book their way to beholder levels.
SlapThatChicken

Postby itblobboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:55 pm

You know what would be cool? If monsters would walk towards players if the monster had much better stats than the player. Think about it... Do you think they kill people only (They don't fight each other! The entire monster world just hates humans) just because they're there? They don't want us there or maybe want to eat us anyway, would be cool to see them aggro against easy prey. Could be a trait to certain monsters only too, I dunno.

By the way Naruto, I've got a question about the questline. That's an aweful expensive cost for the blade (it's 2h anyway), are there any other rewards for the quests before the 6th?
itblobboy

Postby robby » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Wow, some very neat stuff here. I'll refer back to this once I get this current update released. :)
robby
Site Admin

Postby Contracter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Reallly cool naruto :D :D :D :D
i may suggets if the portal is behind carn robby should put platforms so that people with double jump are able to pass without killing carn so that when someone high level needs to pass instead of killing carn they can jump around without killing the noob blocker.. so that lootstealers , beggars and spammers dont populate the area and lastly, maybe a town. what robocity used to be for good players, basically an active center where most players over 200 would be. Keep up the good work love the drawings, really cool axe and mosnters 8-)
If giving a damn is inconvience right-click it and open in a new tab so you don't have to press back :D
Contracter

Postby J_Eagle » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:28 pm

Looks really great Naruto, lots of thought went into the monsters and area design :D although i feel i should point out, the "Barros" strikes a large resemblance to the "Barroth" from the Wii game "Monster Hunters 3"
J_Eagle

Postby JsBeforeBaes » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Gratz and well don Naruto! Uou have put together something amazing and robby already said he would look back to it great things going here.
JsBeforeBaes

Postby fallenangel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:56 pm

robby wrote:Wow, some very neat stuff here. I'll refer back to this once I get this current update released. :)

Yay
Credits to miso
please give a damn (click signature)

If I could kill you, I would
But it's frowned upon in all fifty states
Having said that, burn in hell!
fallenangel

Location: The land of invisible blue unicorns where it rains nutella daily

Postby itblobboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:57 pm

robby wrote:Wow, some very neat stuff here. I'll refer back to this once I get this current update released. :)

OH GOD WHY :)
itblobboy

Postby Naruto » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:03 am

itblobboy wrote:...

Yes.

Oh, and kudos. You really put together something nice.

I love how you keep noobs out with lava pools for portals.

Btw, in the key, I don't see spawn points on the maps.

Note, bonus suggestion: There was once a suggested desert area somewhere on the forums. This area could come with the desert, and they'd be connected wherever they are. I've suggested the desert spans out of big mans den (now fairyville to the right), and the volcano comes off that. The signs warning of danger should be huge though :lol:

Thanks itblobboy! Well, I set the damage of the lava to be at 475. That is the level of a Glord. The level of a Magmagon is higher than a Kreeton and a Dark Beholder whereas the level of the Barros is much higher than that of a Repguana. If one would be able to avoid being one hit knocked out by a Beholder and a Kreeton then they should be able to avoid being one hit knocked out by Glord level lava.

However, I have had a look at the other comments from other players and they have also expressed concerns about portal placement so I'm a little undecided about exactly where to place them.

The spawn points are in the spoiler. Clicking on the spoiler, will give a link to the full size image of the map and also a full size image of the map which shows the direction of the moving platforms as well as all the suggested spawn points.

I've had a quick look at the Desert suggestion you mentioned:

Desert
It sounds good but that would take another area design, possibly two as well as two other enemy designs for it to come to life.

Drewness wrote:Once again, props on a well thought out and documented idea!

I particularly like your caption, "Wow, a new portal." :D

Thanks Drewness! I do try to make things as realistic and refined as possible.

fallenangel wrote:Love all of these suggestion

Thanks fallenangel! Glad ya love it!

coke_na_rc wrote:axe blade :o

so epic, naruto :ugeek: :idea:
really wish it to be on fishing update :?

Thanks coke! Haha, the axeblade is probably my fave out of all the weapons that I've come up with :D. It might be a little while after the fishing update though because I have a feeling that the fishing update will be coming real soon. :P

I put the portals in the lava to keep out the loot stealers. The damage of the lava is currently at 475 which is the power of a Glord. The Magmagon is stronger than a Dark Beholder and stronger than a Kreeton and the Barros is stronger than a Repguana so if a player is able to survive being one hit by a Beholder, then they will survive being one hit or killed by the lava. I know that this may seem unfair to the players that simply want to explore the new areas for the sake of adventuring but with the current state of Beholders and Lotus Eyes, it is practically a loot stealer's haven if not for something additional to keep them out.

I am about 80% sure that Rob designed the Loot Stealer skill so that if two players of a similar level are fighting a monster and something drops, the one with the loot stealer skill will help in picking the item up. However, that skill is being used to the point of a separate class. There currently exists players that simply exist to steal loot without putting any effort at all into grinding. They go into areas like the Beholder Lookout and the Lotus Eye Swamp and try to take rightfully gained loot without any effort on their part and the monsters themselves are simply not enough to take them out. The monsters currently do not have an aggressive mode where they actively hunt other players and they have a walking pattern which can be predicted and avoided.

The lava is just a preventative measure, but of course once Rob looks into it after the update, and if this whole area thing does make it in, I am sure that he will make a fair decision on portal placement. Thank you for the feedback! :)

Kuraradou wrote:It'll probably be forever until I'd actually be able to experience this place, but a lot of thought was put into the idea, and it looks kool.
+1 Support

Thanks for the support! This was pretty much the first area design and one of the biggest suggestions that I've attempted so I thought that I would make it for the highest levels first for the sake of progress as there is a multitude of areas for the lower levels already so up, up and up was the way to. When I do have time again, I may try to make a few areas for the lower levels that will have a desert theme to it with a few monsters around Brick monster level because right now, the Brick rooms are absolutely stuffed with people.

belding wrote:epic stuff. I hope it all makes it in. We need more high level monsters and quests. And your gear ideas are still awesome.

Thanks belding! I'm glad ya like it! And yeah, I thought we could do with a few more quests here and there so I thought the continuation of the Mad Ricky thing would be interesting to do. I've personally always wanted to meet Mad Ricky, he seems like a mysterious guy.

Teippio wrote:Wow all that look too cool :O Really great work, keep it up :)

Thanks Teippio! :D

SlapThatChicken wrote:Honestly everything is good except that, if the portals are what used to keep noobs out just cause you worried they going to steal your loot, that is not a good enough reason to keep them out, beside the monsters would probably kill them first seeing as they going to most likely be large enough that if they spawn on them, they will just die.

Forcing damage especially in the shop is just awful design, other than that every other part of these designs is just fine.

As for the enemies though, wow, that a is a bit much on that Barros for so little XP that I think the XP is WAY too low seeing as it defense is just massive compare to repguanas... doing it this way just make another example that XP is generally the most useless part of end game. 3k-4k XP per kill for that kind of stats would have been way better. The Magmagon though however feels just right to me for the reward, it not too large of a increase over something like kreetons.

Unfortunately, this has not happened with Lotus Eyes, Beholders and even Repguanas. The monster mobs right now have a predictive walking pattern so they can be easily avoided hence why there is such a controversial problem with the Loot Stealing skill as it has essentially become its own class. Instead of being a skill that aids a player of two similar levels fighting over a monster, it has become a tool for those to take without any effort on their part. In hindsight, if there was a change in placement of the portals, I would suggest changing the portal placement in Mad Ricky's Mansion or replacing the lava in his mansion with water. I would probably also change the portal placement of the entrance portal in Area 1 but I am adamant about keeping one portal at the bottom of the volcano as that is where Mad Ricky's Mansion is- at the bottom of a volcano because he's mad and badass.

Hmmm, I agree, although, XP does seem little for the amount of defense, this XP would quickly stack up. If I had to raise it, I would raise the exp to around 2.5K but I'll let Robby decide that once he refers to this because my stats were simply a suggestion, all the indepth stuff regarding damage, defense, xp, money and drops are ultimately all decided by Rob so yeah, he'll make a fair judgement and decision to the monster stats as well as the portal placements. Thanks for the constructive criticism though!

itblobboy wrote:You know what would be cool? If monsters would walk towards players if the monster had much better stats than the player. Think about it... Do you think they kill people only (They don't fight each other! The entire monster world just hates humans) just because they're there? They don't want us there or maybe want to eat us anyway, would be cool to see them aggro against easy prey. Could be a trait to certain monsters only too, I dunno.

By the way Naruto, I've got a question about the questline. That's an aweful expensive cost for the blade (it's 2h anyway), are there any other rewards for the quests before the 6th?

Hmm, other games like Dungeon Blitz and the (now dead) Fantasy Online have "aggressive mobs" where they choose to attack players. It would be cool to see a certain system like that implemented into this game although it would be very easy to get swarmed and killed if one's defense was not high enough. It would make a nice change as after a while, the walking patterns of some of the monsters can be observed and therefore avoided. There are in fact still several safe points in the current maps where monsters will spawn around you but will not hit you due to their walking patterns unless that is of course some player hits them onto you.

Hmmm, I didn't think of any rewards for the quests before the 6th but I did think of a special weapon for each class apart from the Bladeaxe that could be received because a Bladeaxe would only be beneficial for a warrior so I think I'll work on a staff, bow and gun that could be received instead of just the Bladeaxe. I was actually gonna use this gun:
As a possible reward but I decided to use it for the Cryo Gunner set instead.

Thank you Robby! I'm glad to hear that. I hope that the current update's going smoothly because from the screenshots posted so far it does seem like quite a bit of work to do, probably on par with the amount of work that ya did for the pet system, so I hope that all is well :)

Contracter wrote:Reallly cool naruto :D :D :D :D
i may suggets if the portal is behind carn robby should put platforms so that people with double jump are able to pass without killing carn so that when someone high level needs to pass instead of killing carn they can jump around without killing the noob blocker.. so that lootstealers , beggars and spammers dont populate the area and lastly, maybe a town. what robocity used to be for good players, basically an active center where most players over 200 would be. Keep up the good work love the drawings, really cool axe and mosnters 8-)

Thanks Contracter! And yeah, that does seem like a good idea. I did think of making a town but decided against it and made Mad Ricky's Mansion instead with hangout places for players to talk. My reasoning for this is because as the whole area is lava themed, it would be a particularly hostile environment and would not exactly be ideal for a town but would be ideal for an evil ish mastermind who is scheming things muhahaha. Thanks again! I love the lego movie, I thought it wasn't gonna be good, but it was awesome!

J_Eagle wrote:Looks really great Naruto, lots of thought went into the monsters and area design :D although i feel i should point out, the "Barros" strikes a large resemblance to the "Barroth" from the Wii game "Monster Hunters 3"

Thanks J_Eagle and yeah! I put about a week's worth of time into getting everything ready for this suggestion. Drawing all the areas out by hand wasn't the brightest idea I've had but I'm not skilled with drawing areas on a computer yet.

In regards to the similarity between Barros and Barroth is because the artist behind it, Wall. Wall (who also designed the Night Stalker and Dark Beholder) is an older player was an avid fan of Monster Hunter so it may have influenced his design behind the Barros. I did a quick search of Barroth:

While the top of the Barroth does look similar to the Barros, Wall has added elements to it which make it unique like the lava sacks on its legs as well as the lantern lure on its head.

JsBeforeBaes wrote: Gratz and well don Naruto! Uou have put together something amazing and robby already said he would look back to it great things going here.

Thanks JsBeforeBaes!
Naruto

Postby MisoSoup247 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:10 am

one word: THIS IS FREAKING EPIC

I can't wait for the day where we all hang out with Mad Ricky and catch lava fish while wearing incredible armor and laughing and having fun as we get to finally hang out in a "noob free" zone and then our smiles quickly turn to frowns when teh noobs finally make their way into the area and start spamming so we go back to being angry but somewhat still happy for a few weeks and then we find out we can kill all the noobs by dropping somewhat expensive gear in a lava pit thats really deep and make a bullhorn telling noobs they can get free items by going in the lava but they die and we go back to being happy as we find a new way to kill noobs.

IT WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL DAY.... (dont let it get awaaaay!)
MisoSoup247

Postby XxKillerxX » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:31 am

Looks really good, too bad robby doesn't pay you for your awesome ideas. To be honest the drawings look crapy on the forums to me but it always turns out awesome in the updates. But nevertheless, the ideas are good. And i was talking about the gear not the monsters and other stuff lol :D
XxKillerxX

Next

Return to Suggestions