The Armor Problem

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

The Armor Problem

Postby Stabber » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:31 pm

I am sure that I am not the first person to notice this, but there is a significant problem with the classes of armor. Warrior armor is always the superior option chosen by the top players regardless of class, and with good reason: the stats are better. Since each stat point is technically worth the same, the fact that warrior items provide the biggest boosts is a problem

Consider this example:
Crusader Helmet (Level 65): 76 Def, 16 Strength, 1 Range, total sum 93
Enchanted Helmet (Level 65): 31 Def, 30 Magic, 1 Range, total sum 62

The Crusader helmet gives a bigger boost, despite being the same level. Since magic users always stack their stats in magic anyway, the boost to defense is more welcome, and any mage who was min-maxing their character would choose this. Even worse, the highest level armors are all warrior items; there are many mages and archers who are of high enough level to wear them, but warriors gain a larger benefit from doing so.

The solution? Archer and mage items that are of the same level as their warrior counterparts, and provide the same total bonuses! Since all of the stat bonuses are equal, armor should reflect this.

</rant>
Stabber

Re: The Armor Problem

Postby Gregore » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 pm

I think you raise a good point, although it could be argued that one reason for the overall weaker equipment for non-warrior classes is that those classes have the benefit of range. Still, I think it's a matter of degree- and there's definitely less non-warrior stuff at the higher levels. There are fewer choices when you are not a warrior.
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby SeanConnery » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:41 pm

I counldn't agree more. Support from me.
SeanConnery

Postby SargentSchlong » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:01 pm

I disagree, I like the way things are. Yes, I would like to have more choices in Armour, but I like if we want to take less damage, we have to sacrifice our power to do so. I also love that armour is not class restricted, that way we can all have our own unique looks.

The real change that needs to happen is that we "non-warrior" peeps just need to catch up on the armour scale with our warrior buddies.
The bullet to fire has come.
SargentSchlong

Postby itblobboy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:38 pm

The thing is... Its already a nice system.

Melee: Has the best equipment, has basic attacks and short range.

Magic: Has the middle ground on equipment yet on the lower side of it, has the most damage output and medium range, and endurance is low due to mana restrictions.

Range: Has worst equipment, and very far range.

It kind of balances out if you ask me. If I had to decide, range has it worst.
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby RoySamuels » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:41 am

itblobboy wrote:The thing is... Its already a nice system.

Magic: Has the middle ground on equipment yet on the lower side of it, has the most damage output and medium range, and endurance is low due to mana restrictions.

Well I dont know too much about range being the worst. You dont have to get near a monster to be able to kill it at all. You can even stand on a safe spot and just snipe. The problem with archers now a days is how bad they sap the xp out of everything. Ive seen some archers just randomly shoot ahead without knowing whats there, just so he can have xp.
RoySamuels

Postby MrGJ » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:25 am

not having to get near to get a kill is itself a problemXD what about loot and money? rabge needs something it doesnt have and maybe we will see it soon.
MrGJ

Postby Dosko » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:06 pm

itblobboy wrote:The thing is... Its already a nice system.

I'm pretty sure these were the intentions when the balance was established, but based on what I've seen in terms of player combat, I don't think it's very practical, or fair. Monsters still have the ability to randomly spawn on top of players with a lower def (mages and archers) and kill them, whereas warriors don't usually have this issue.

I mean, look at me. Top mage in melee armor.
Dosko

Postby Stabber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Clarification: I am not saying that all armors of level x should have equal def and strength/range/magic, only that the sum of the stat bonuses should be the same:

Ex. Crusader Helmet (Level 65) is 76 Def, 16 Strength, 1 Range

So Enchanted Helmet (Level 65) could be: 46 Def, 46 Magic, 1 Range.

Dosko wears warrior armor for a reason-the defense. He could wear mage armor and upgrade his def using stat points upon gaining levels, but that would result in lower stats overall.

Lets say I have 100 stat points. I buy Enchanted Helmet, spend 45 on def, 55 on magic. The sum is 76 def, 85 magic.
If I buy Crusader Helmet, I would spend it all on magic, so 0 on def, 100 on magic. The sum is 76 def, 100 magic.

Now you tell me which choice you would make.
Stabber

Postby Gret » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:56 pm

I see what you're saying, Stabber, but I don't think defense is as 'valuable' of a stat as magic/strength/range. It's needed the most by warriors because they have the shortest attack range. I donno, just my opinion, but I feel like it's personal choice as to whether or not you want to have more defense than attack.
Gret

Return to Suggestions