Lets get rid of afk levelling for one class.

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Re: Lets get rid of afk levelling for one class.

Postby itblobboy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Zywak wrote:the 2-3 minutes would be a temporary measure so the AFK farming can be fixed ASAP while making no balance changes that are not thought through.

Because we don't NEED to do a temporary fix, when it is so easy to fix it the REASONABLE way when robby manages to already set it up for a specific amount of time.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby SlapThatChicken » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:41 pm

I seriously can't believe this guy is trying to defend the skill so badly to be 2-3 minutes long, it would still have the same problem at 2-3 minutes as it not all that hard at all to be doing your own thing and check back every 2-3 minutes, it would still be AFK farming going cause if people can abuse it, they will.

Standard attack time is all we need for upward shots, 3MP cost can be left alone for all I care, I just want it to not last forever. It making the class I like playing look bad, anyone can look at me now and think I might have possibly cheated to my levels when I did the work myself instead of abusing it, meanwhile another cowboy degrades it by AFK upward shot abusing to stupid levels without any effort.
SlapThatChicken

Postby Zywak » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:00 am

Zywak wrote:lets say an arbitrary 10 seconds so you dont go back to 3 minutes again

SlapThatChicken wrote:I seriously can't believe this guy is trying to defend the skill so badly to be 2-3 minutes long...

it's like talking to a wall.

Because we don't NEED to do a temporary fix, when it is so easy to fix it the REASONABLE way when robby manages to already set it up for a specific amount of time.[/quote]

Who will decide what is reasonable? you? me? no, both our opinions are just that...opinions. How do you know how much time Robby will take to consider what is actually reasonable and balanced? 1 minute? 2 hours? 2 days if he's busy? and all this time there is afk-farmfest.
Nothing changes with this anyway for non-cowboys. You can still stand under spawn spots as cowboy if you want, just have to spam more and have mana regen. Dont know if i will ever use it after change, it's bound to awfully placed M key and spamming that is not comfortable at all. Waste of skillpoints imho. Other than spawn spot camping upward shot is always worse than normal shoot...with normal shoot you are closer to loot.

Can we delete this skill alltogether and replace it with something awsome?
Zywak

Postby SlapThatChicken » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:05 am

You can't tell me you find it hard to reuse the M key... no, seriously I have to ask how did you survive the game thus far when you feel that pressing the M key is such a burden that you would never use it again, yet, you have to use the spacebar to normal attack constantly, every other skill requires constant re use as well, why not upward shot?

I already seen this everywhere and people even admit they are AFKing with upward shot constantly firing, it gets to the point that I seeing a few do this a lot when they don't seem to feel like actually trying to play a "game". I don't want to see cowboys do this, they need to put up effort like every other class have so far.
SlapThatChicken

Postby itblobboy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:14 am

Zywak wrote:it's like talking to a wall.

I completely agree... But at least the wall doesn't reply.

Anyways, the reason I think what I determined was reasonable was because of exactly what I already said.

Spoiler: show
itblobboy wrote:
Arrow rain is upgraded to increase quantity.
Power slash is upgraded to increase quality.
Arrow rain increases the skill by a few arrows. I don't recall exactly how many, but let's say 8-- and assume that always 6 of them are actually used in the attack, so 6. (it's ridiculous to assume all arrows hit. While it's safe to say sometimes power slash misses and upwards shot isn't always shooting something, but this is at a far more extensive level and requires at least a mild balancing for realism) It takes 15 mp.
Power slash increases the damage by up to 500%, so that's a multiplier of 5. It takes 9 mp.

Now, upwards shot is undoubtedly different. It only takes a mere 7 skill points, compared to 200 or 24. Upwards shot is a one upgrade and done skill, and the average gun in helmet heroes shoots for about 5 seconds. Now we have our quantity and our quality skills for classes, and since this is on niether skill it's defaulted into time via existing vs not.

You insist that it's benefit per use is increased by a multiplier of 20 with the bb-gun rate of fire. With the 5 seconds shot-time of the chaingun, that's a benefit multiplier of 36.

And it only takes 3 mp. Admittedly, time is money, but I don't think that's enough of an excuse for your idea.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Zywak » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:17 am

itblobboy wrote:Anyways, the reason I think what I determined was reasonable was because of exactly what I already said.

Ahh, so you're the one who decides for all of us what is reasonable, good to know.
Zywak

Postby itblobboy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:18 am

Spoiler: show
itblobboy wrote:
Arrow rain is upgraded to increase quantity.
Power slash is upgraded to increase quality.
Arrow rain increases the skill by a few arrows. I don't recall exactly how many, but let's say 8-- and assume that always 6 of them are actually used in the attack, so 6. (it's ridiculous to assume all arrows hit. While it's safe to say sometimes power slash misses and upwards shot isn't always shooting something, but this is at a far more extensive level and requires at least a mild balancing for realism) It takes 15 mp.
Power slash increases the damage by up to 500%, so that's a multiplier of 5. It takes 9 mp.

Now, upwards shot is undoubtedly different. It only takes a mere 7 skill points, compared to 200 or 24. Upwards shot is a one upgrade and done skill, and the average gun in helmet heroes shoots for about 5 seconds. Now we have our quantity and our quality skills for classes, and since this is on niether skill it's defaulted into time via existing vs not.

You insist that it's benefit per use is increased by a multiplier of 20 with the bb-gun rate of fire. With the 5 seconds shot-time of the chaingun, that's a benefit multiplier of 36.

And it only takes 3 mp. Admittedly, time is money, but I don't think that's enough of an excuse for your idea.
itblobboy

Postby Mariofan1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:32 am

It's incredible how armor games users come here and insult people :lol:
Mariofan1

Postby Zywak » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:07 pm

yay, fixed now. lasts about 4 seconds. damn this made me miss 1 out of the 68 bots while spawnkilling in robo. Kinda sad.
Zywak

Postby SlapThatChicken » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:24 pm

If fixed now, great, I hope this make people actually try instead of auto-ing the game... if they leave cause of it, not my problem that they wanted the game to be easy mode.
SlapThatChicken

Previous

Return to Suggestions