Lets get rid of afk levelling for one class.

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Lets get rid of afk levelling for one class.

Postby YinFO » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:28 am

it's cheap.

This was a suggestion until I saw this glitch where he stops attacking but still kills mobs silently, without seemingly doing anything...

Yeah busted...

he performed the glitch second time this is demonstrating the intent to take advantage.
YinFO

Re: Lets get rid of afk levelling for one class.

Postby Mariofan1 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:39 am

It's not a glitch, and i'm perfectly fine with it. It's a visual bug. Also, why're you carrying so much money?
Mariofan1

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Cowboy is kind of the worst class for grinding, so meh.

I agree the visual glitch should be fixed, and it does seem way too manipulatable, you could just not play for a month and come back a level 300 without trying, and that would upset me. :roll:

So in the end, fix that glitch. But don't ban anyone who used it.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby plak&shlak » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:27 pm

itblobboy wrote:Cowboy is kind of the worst class for grinding, so meh.

I agree the visual glitch should be fixed, and it does seem way too manipulatable, you could just not play for a month and come back a level 300 without trying, and that would upset me. :roll:

So in the end, fix that glitch. But don't ban anyone who used it.

why so bad?
they make so much hits in one second..
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby SlapThatChicken » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:33 pm

This is why I wanted to have Upward shot changed and very much needed, I seen it before with someone afking a guild member there just to boost without even really trying. Though my suggestion for upward shot hasn't kicked off a change yet.

If they plant many many spawn eggs into one platform then go below it and just kill 6-8 monsters every few seconds they get much more XP quickly than some classes doing it legitimately. After they reach enough stats to one shot anything from those mobs, the leveling spree can easily get ridiculous and all they doing is just sitting there.

Yeah though, fix the visual bug, but some people full well know it abusing something in a game they should have reported instead of trying to keep it in there cause they like leaving the game overnight and instant 6-20 levels by doing not much of anything when they get up in the morning, they also greatly reducing the amount of mobs we have in the areas when they 1-2 shooting with upward shot. I always call it easy bot mode when someone just leave it like that, requires no thought to auto it.

As a side note, cowboy not bad for grinding, warrior is in my opinion, they half the time swinging at air thank to all the far reaching classes.
SlapThatChicken

Postby Zywak » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:49 am

Using upward shot in a spawn spot(i bet some of you have seen me do it on and off over the weekend, not this everspawn spot though):
1. The only way you dont get everything KS-d by mages and archers.
2. Has very few spots it's actually viable(mobs you 1-3 shot for this to even work is not exactly what you want to be farming).
3. Does not work if there is no-one else in the area to kill mobs when they spawn elsewhere.
4. Is not effective if another cowboy shows up.
5. Is MINDNUMBINGLY BORING, it is really depressing to do this even for 20 minutes straight.

And yet crying begins to nerf.
Maybe nerf dual wands instead, huh?

EDIT: 6. Makes people rage at you because it's apparently really really really hard to go to next room or other side of the area and farm there.
Zywak

Postby itblobboy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:27 am

Zywak wrote:Using upward shot in a spawn spot(i bet some of you have seen me do it on and off over the weekend, not this everspawn spot though):
1. The only way you dont get everything KS-d by mages and archers.
2. Has very few spots it's actually viable(mobs you 1-3 shot for this to even work is not exactly what you want to be farming).
3. Does not work if there is no-one else in the area to kill mobs when they spawn elsewhere.
4. Is not effective if another cowboy shows up.
5. Is MINDNUMBINGLY BORING, it is really depressing to do this even for 20 minutes straight.

And yet crying begins to nerf.
Maybe nerf dual wands instead, huh?

EDIT: 6. Makes people rage at you because it's apparently really really really hard to go to next room or other side of the area and farm there.

So you're telling me that it's too challenging to just stand somewhere mobs (that don't hurt you) will spawn and put a paperweight on your upward shot key, to then go enjoy your laptop for the next week playing on your alt HH account only to return to your desktop a week later 100 levels higher and in an instance sharded server? :lol:
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Zywak » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:21 am

itblobboy wrote:So you're telling me that it's too challenging to just stand somewhere mobs (that don't hurt you) will spawn and put a paperweight on your upward shot key, to then go enjoy your laptop for the next week playing on your alt HH account only to return to your desktop a week later 100 levels higher and in an instance sharded server? :lol:

i was referring to my experience of actually being at a computer and farming this way.

But as for your idea of putting a weight on the M key and come back week later- as you should know the room instance's are refreshed which makes weird spawning(i've seen only 5 bots on the whole robo map when my char was standing around, i was afk and no-one else was there) and as people are sent to the newer instance, you will be there solo(at some point all mobs will have been spawned at other locations = you get nothing). How many everspawn spots do you know in this game?(the ones that monster keeps spawning only in that location and not in anywhere else in the room...like the depicted mushroom spot). The afk-farming would only work in this 1 spot. Also...Flash player would probably crash inside a day.
Against "paperweight-botting"- just fix the 1 spot in shroomville so mobs dont contstantly spawn there and everything should be ok.
Zywak

Postby SlapThatChicken » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:31 am

No matter how much people that are cowboys frown upon the idea of upward shot getting a fix so you can't afk it, we suppose to be "playing" the game, people abusing it just like the game to play for itself which is stupid, why even be here if not actually going to play the game lol...
SlapThatChicken

Postby Zywak » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:37 pm

I think the easiest solution would be to set a timer of about 2-3 minutes on it. So it doesnt affect the normal player and you can still wait for drill bot to make 3 rounds, but you cant afk it anymore.
Zywak

Postby SlapThatChicken » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:45 pm

2-3 minutes? More like it just needs only 3-5 seconds, upward shot needs to be something you need to use and maybe even re-use much like your standard attack that eventually just stops and need to re-use to actually keep your damage going.
SlapThatChicken

Postby itblobboy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:29 pm

SlapThatChicken wrote:No matter how much people that are cowboys frown upon the idea of upward shot getting a fix so you can't afk it, we suppose to be "playing" the game, people abusing it just like the game to play for itself which is stupid, why even be here if not actually going to play the game lol...

Same motto for RuneScape botting. People do it because they want stats to be better without trying, which they can then use for other things they'd rather be doing.

Like PVP.

Could also be used in groups for guilds to make it better.

Also, @Zywak, EVERY spawn point is the ONLY spawn points. They do not change where they spawn, they always spawn in the same exact places. Also, you don't have to literally spawn under the mobs. You can stand right on the spawn point and if you can kill them fast enough, they die before they make you move with knockback.

Technically, yes, eventually the afking will stop being effective because everyone else will have left. Still, at worst it's a rince and repeat method every day for the whole thing. :|

Besides, is it a GOOD thing to leave INFINITE shooting without stop? Because, you know, normal shooting stops naturally. Why not just make it act the same way with upward shot? If it isn't useful to abuse it, there's no point in keeping it because etiher people don't like it being used or people don't want to use it.
itblobboy

Postby SlapThatChicken » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Well there a easy way to abuse the system but I not even going to mention it cause it would make people immediately want that nerf as soon as possible, but it would destroy every chance anyone has of getting a mob and that be just simply using upward shot.

Pretty well aware bots are a normal thing but something that requires no knowledge at all to afk auto is just... a disaster, it will only get worse as the game tries to move on.
SlapThatChicken

Postby Zywak » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:43 am

SlapThatChicken wrote:2-3 minutes? More like it just needs only 3-5 seconds, upward shot needs to be something you need to use and maybe even re-use much like your standard attack that eventually just stops and need to re-use to actually keep your damage going.

3-5 seconds? This is a joke and a bad one at that. I'm pretty sure the point of this thread is to stop AFK-farming, not to make skills completely useless. Single target skill that works while not moving and costs mana and does no extra damage and only lasts 3-5 seconds, i would not put any points in that crap.

2-3 minutes is fine so it wont be a balance change and effectively stops AFK-farming.
Zywak

Postby itblobboy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:04 am

Zywak wrote:
SlapThatChicken wrote:2-3 minutes? More like it just needs only 3-5 seconds, upward shot needs to be something you need to use and maybe even re-use much like your standard attack that eventually just stops and need to re-use to actually keep your damage going.

3-5 seconds? This is a joke and a bad one at that. I'm pretty sure the point of this thread is to stop AFK-farming, not to make skills completely useless. Single target skill that works while not moving and costs mana and does no extra damage and only lasts 3-5 seconds, i would not put any points in that crap.

2-3 minutes is fine so it wont be a balance change and effectively stops AFK-farming.

Uhm, with all due respect, I think that upward shot should last as long as the standard spacebar shots. and that 2-3 minutes is over the top. Nobody needs 3 mins to kill a monster that they should be trying to fight anyways.
itblobboy

Postby SlapThatChicken » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:38 am

Zywak wrote:

Seriously? Why 2-3 minutes? I usually don't need 5 seconds to kill any monster I see above me, usually only if it a massive crowd above me. Even then you have to ask you yourself why it would make it useless? It cost 3 MP "per use" and it one of the easiest skill to also max because all it takes is I believe 7 skill points, that only 7 levels. It almost in-excusable why you can't just simply re-use the skill again when 3-5 seconds is up, it the perfect timer for it.

We can't soften the blow on it, that infinity shooting upwards has got to go down to standard shooting timer.
SlapThatChicken

Postby Zywak » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:53 am

itblobboy wrote:Uhm, with all due respect, I think that upward shot should last as long as the standard spacebar shots. and that 2-3 minutes is over the top. Nobody needs 3 mins to kill a monster that they should be trying to fight anyways.

"I think that upward shot should last as long as the standard spacebar shots"- why? why do you think that? It is a unique skill like lightning or arrow rain. It doesnt have to be like main attack.

Unlike classes like mage and archer with their double-wand burst damage and arrow rain burst damage the cowboy class does damage over time. For that you need time.

Also, what criteria do you use to say what monsters a player should kill? a player that goes more on defense and hp kills monsters slower (but safer) than a full glass cannon build. If a lower level player wants to kill goo cubes while doing damage to goos, he should be allowed to.

and i repeat again: the 2-3 minutes idea is just so the AFK farming can be stopped ASAP while not affecting the normal cowboy. Then Robby has the time to think about what amount of time is the most balanced.
Zywak

Postby Zywak » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:57 am

SlapThatChicken wrote:Seriously? Why 2-3 minutes? I usually don't need 5 seconds to kill any monster I see above me, usually only if it a massive crowd above me. Even then you have to ask you yourself why it would make it useless? It cost 3 MP "per use" and it one of the easiest skill to also max because all it takes is I believe 7 skill points, that only 7 levels. It almost in-excusable why you can't just simply re-use the skill again when 3-5 seconds is up, it the perfect timer for it.

We can't soften the blow on it, that infinity shooting upwards has got to go down to standard shooting timer.

Why 5 seconds? Why is 3-5 seconds the best time for it?

EDIT: i personally kill mobs i use upward shoot on also in way less than 5 seconds. That doesnt mean everyone can.
Last edited by Zywak on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zywak

Postby itblobboy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 am

Zywak wrote:Why 5 seconds? Why is 3-5 seconds the best time for it?

That's the same duration of time the spacebar attack lasts, I imagine... It's a special skill that allows you to shoot upwards. That doesn't mean it needs to last a long time.

That's like saying grenades should continue to blow up 10 times 1 time every second after being deployed, because it's special. It doesn't mean it makes sense.

Of course, my metaphor is implying adding ability, not reducing less... So it isn't exactly similar, but it has the same ridiculous point. I don't see why this is even a controversial idea.
itblobboy

Postby Zywak » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:27 am

itblobboy wrote:
Zywak wrote:Why 5 seconds? Why is 3-5 seconds the best time for it?

That's the same duration of time the spacebar attack lasts, I imagine... It's a special skill that allows you to shoot upwards. That doesn't mean it needs to last a long time.

That's like saying grenades should continue to blow up 10 times 1 time every second after being deployed.

"That's the same duration of time the spacebar attack lasts" - what? skills do not need to be the same. It's like saying we should make arrow rain only shoot 1 arrow because it's the same amount that spacebar attack has.
Zywak

Postby itblobboy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:13 am

Zywak wrote:
That's like saying grenades should continue to blow up 10 times 1 time every second after being deployed.[/color]

"That's the same duration of time the spacebar attack lasts" - what? skills do not need to be the same. It's like saying we should make arrow rain only shoot 1 arrow because it's the same amount that spacebar attack has.[/quote]

Alright, clearly you really feel strongly that regular people feel they need three minutes to target a few enemies that are above them in the generally accepted definition of actively grinding... So let me put it this way, since my argument does nothing and you so strongly question the difference between quantity, quality and time for your use.

Arrow rain is upgraded to increase quantity.
Power slash is upgraded to increase quality.
Arrow rain increases the skill by a few arrows. I don't recall exactly how many, but let's say 8-- and assume that always 6 of them are actually used in the attack, so 6. (it's ridiculous to assume all arrows hit. While it's safe to say sometimes power slash misses and upwards shot isn't always shooting something, but this is at a far more extensive level and requires at least a mild balancing for realism) It takes 15 mp.
Power slash increases the damage by up to 500%, so that's a multiplier of 5. It takes 9 mp.

Now, upwards shot is undoubtedly different. It only takes a mere 7 skill points, compared to 200 or 24. Upwards shot is a one upgrade and done skill, and the average gun in helmet heroes shoots for about 5 seconds. Now we have our quantity and our quality skills for classes, and since this is on niether skill it's defaulted into time via existing vs not.

You insist that it's benefit per use is increased by a multiplier of 20 with the bb-gun rate of fire. With the 5 seconds shot-time of the chaingun, that's a benefit multiplier of 36.

And it only takes 3 mp. Admittedly, time is money, but I don't think that's enough of an excuse for your idea.

But, I don't think I'm getting anywhere, so instead of making another witty quip or thoroughly contemplated rebuttal to combat your argument, have honesty.

No. It's stupid and unnessesary, and I don't think we should have it in the game because it's ridiculous to claim you need to shoot upwards for three minutes.
itblobboy

Postby Zywak » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:21 am

Zywak wrote:and i repeat again: the 2-3 minutes idea is just so the AFK farming can be stopped ASAP while not affecting the normal cowboy. Then Robby has the time to think about what amount of time is the most balanced.

how are you so hung up on the 3 minutes? as i've said, repeated and now repeated again- the 2-3 minutes would be a temporary measure so the AFK farming can be fixed ASAP while making no balance changes that are not thought through.

why i would personally go with a higher time(lets say an arbitrary 10 seconds so you dont go back to 3 minutes again) so it would be less dependent on having levels of mana regen.
Zywak

Postby Tearjerky » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:24 am

How can we stop those? :roll:
Attachments
ALARM CLOCK!.jpg
ALARM CLOCK!.jpg (204.98 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
"My Helmet is your Helmet."
Tearjerky

Postby plak&shlak » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:21 am

you cant..
cause you dont control his character..
but youcan try to push at him some mobs..
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby joog123 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:46 am

yeah why are you carrying so much money like you are the cheater? and why do you have the screen in the cheaters view?

Or are you the cheater? the money itself tells it
joog123

Next

Return to Suggestions