A third MAIN SEVER!

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Re: A third MAIN SEVER!

Postby Pwow » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:33 pm

I didn't look at this thread since my post about op cowboys until now and when I just did, wow, this has drifted way off topic of a new server. :lol:

Thanks to Proximity for this awesome sig!
Pwow

Postby SlapThatChicken » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:06 pm

I tried not to drift it away but honestly the idea debunked already to basically saying "nope, not going to happen, lets talk about something else" lol.

I don't think 3rd server is needed, there, we are back on track.... ok not rly, but i am trying.
SlapThatChicken

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Pwow wrote:I didn't look at this thread since my post about op cowboys until now and when I just did, wow, this has drifted way off topic of a new server. :lol:

Most threads typically offer their judgement then go on tangents. It's the most common trend right before a thread stops being commented on and can be found deep within the oldest pages.

Luckely, we always have ressurection... Which usually also brings it back on topic.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Seta » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Pwow wrote:
PENGUINMASTER wrote: Especially with all these overpowered mages running around.

Well, first I support the third server.
But, how come no one has said cowboys ares op yet. 900 shots a per min.

Cowboys are killed easily enough in PVP but when you go up against a Mage you have to deal with their ability to heal on the fly and an attack that cannot be manually dodged/blocked/countered.

Also people can say that Mages have a harder start but is that really that much of a handicap, first of all the monsters in this game don't have the best AI so getting killed isn't usually an issue, secondly you level up fast at earlier levels and if you stick with the game it eventually no longer becomes an factor.

On top of everything else guild heal makes it so they no longer have to use up inventory space to heal pets so they have more money to spend on books.
Seta

Postby SlapThatChicken » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Using PvP as a good way to explain how good a class is, won't say much since PvP is not required to make it through the game. PvP looks broken anyways, it not even the least bit balanced out every time I heard about it lol.

Mages do sometimes have a harder start, believe it or not, I bet most people new to the game wouldn't bother to look in "general" skills to find that MP Restoration skill that very much needed to even get started or they might as well warrior everything. Plus you only level as good as you allowed to get kills in, since at the start you dealing with extremely low as heck reach for your projectiles, you most likely losing to a archer or cowboy in the early games until that magic stat as well as reach gets improved, so for some other mage, it was probably really slow at the start.

Of course I'll agree mages are ridiculous, but I like cowboy better, its versatile and least with how I play it, don't have a huge MP use like the mages do. I just can't deal with the idea that we can only get 30 MP restoration at best, that just bugs me and can't even come close to covering skill spaming lol.
SlapThatChicken

Postby Seta » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:50 pm

SlapThatChicken wrote:Using PvP as a good way to explain how good a class is, won't say much since PvP is not required to make it through the game. PvP looks broken anyways, it not even the least bit balanced out every time I heard about it lol.

Mages do sometimes have a harder start, believe it or not, I bet most people new to the game wouldn't bother to look in "general" skills to find that MP Restoration skill that very much needed to even get started or they might as well warrior everything. Plus you only level as good as you allowed to get kills in, since at the start you dealing with extremely low as heck reach for your projectiles, you most likely losing to a archer or cowboy in the early games until that magic stat as well as reach gets improved, so for some other mage, it was probably really slow at the start.

Of course I'll agree mages are ridiculous, but I like cowboy better, its versatile and least with how I play it, don't have a huge MP use like the mages do. I just can't deal with the idea that we can only get 30 MP restoration at best, that just bugs me and can't even come close to covering skill spaming lol.

Enemy AI is almost none existent in this game so PVP is the only place you can really balance skill in my opinion.

i actually think MP restoration should be removed completely, no other class has ways to compensate for what's suppose to be a weakness. Harder start is kind of a joke, it takes a little longer to get past the lower levels big deal.

PVP may be broken but so is monsters running around with no real AI, i think most honest people will agree that at least 90% of deaths from monsters occur because of lag. Even someone with bad reflexes and no mind for strategy can kill monsters with ease in this game as any class.
Seta

Postby SlapThatChicken » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:23 am

Honestly, mindlessly spaming thunder attacks in PvP don't seem any better in term of balance or skills, it takes no skills to set your mage up to spam thunder attacks on anyone while moving around. PvP itself is never a good place to balance any skills seeing as it seems this game is mostly about the PvE aspect from what I can see, otherwise we be PvPing with a goal the game set for us in mind.

If you were to remove MP Restoration, how would you go about that? I would make that a separate thread while at it if it a good enough suggestion. Sometimes btw taking long time to get past the lower levels is enough to make ppl stop playing the mage and just make another character.

I can't blame you for thinking the monsters are practically just "walk into someone and hope they die" mobs but the game still in beta so hopefully after some time, the monsters will start to develop a way to start attacking people instead of just simply moving around. You can die to spawns literally dropping on top of you as you go by if your defense isn't enough.
SlapThatChicken

Postby itblobboy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:25 am

... Repguanas are pretty fast... And as enemies get faster...
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby SlapThatChicken » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:29 am

Enemies get faster but it not really enough, I think eventually monsters will need attacks that have varying power to it, the game don't really justify any reasons whatsoever to even think of investing into defense and the time you need to, you can then start mass buying books, which mean you can start defense boosting and suddenly it doesn't matter anymore.

HP is next to useless to me since eventually you can mass buy enough def books to make them all do 0 damage. If they had attacks that stronger than just simply bumping into you, that would change, HP would help faster than defense, especially if Robby can find a way to make monster ignore some of your defense stat while attacking, or maybe all of it in the bosses case so HP has a point.

Edit: Meant to say that bosses should only use such a defense ignoring attack sometimes so defense isn't made useless either, but balance it out so HP and defense matters.
SlapThatChicken

Postby crujen1 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:56 am

SlapThatChicken wrote:Enemies get faster but it not really enough, I think eventually monsters will need attacks that have varying power to it, the game don't really justify any reasons whatsoever to even think of investing into defense and the time you need to, you can then start mass buying books, which mean you can start defense boosting and suddenly it doesn't matter anymore.

HP is next to useless to me since eventually you can mass buy enough def books to make them all do 0 damage. If they had attacks that stronger than just simply bumping into you, that would change, HP would help faster than defense, especially if Robby can find a way to make monster ignore some of your defense stat while attacking, or maybe all of it in the bosses case so HP has a point.

Edit: Meant to say that bosses should only use such a defense ignoring attack sometimes so defense isn't made useless either, but balance it out so HP and defense matters.

YES. THIS. There's a fine line between strong and invincible.
crujen1

Postby plak&shlak » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:07 am

general question..
there is not mtwo main servers..
are there secondary servers?
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby Seta » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:01 pm

SlapThatChicken wrote:Honestly, mindlessly spaming thunder attacks in PvP don't seem any better in term of balance or skills, it takes no skills to set your mage up to spam thunder attacks on anyone while moving around. PvP itself is never a good place to balance any skills seeing as it seems this game is mostly about the PvE aspect from what I can see, otherwise we be PvPing with a goal the game set for us in mind.

If you were to remove MP Restoration, how would you go about that? I would make that a separate thread while at it if it a good enough suggestion. Sometimes btw taking long time to get past the lower levels is enough to make ppl stop playing the mage and just make another character.

I can't blame you for thinking the monsters are practically just "walk into someone and hope they die" mobs but the game still in beta so hopefully after some time, the monsters will start to develop a way to start attacking people instead of just simply moving around. You can die to spawns literally dropping on top of you as you go by if your defense isn't enough.

Well PVP wouldn't be so broken if there was a way to manually dodge, block, or counter Thunder and this is a big part of the reason i think Mages are so OP. Funny thing is they are the only class to have their skills unhindered in PVP. Archers lose knockback, Cowboys lose a lot of grenade damage even though it is the most predictable attack to dodge, Warriors lose chaining, but for some reason it's fine that mages have heat seeking death AND heal on the fly. When Mages aren't a factor though PVP is more about a competition of skill rather than who has more time on their hands.

No other class has ways to compensate for their weaknesses. Archers and Cowboys can never become hybrids and their weapons require both hands, on top of not being able to dual wield weapons or use shield Archers still attack the slowest even if Mages and Warriors choose not to dual wield. Warriors also have no way to compensate for their lack of Range. Then there's Mages who are suppose to have MP as a burden but you can compensate for this three different ways, simply leveling lets you add to your MP, Books can add to your MP, and then they can still put points into MP Restoration. All these things just happen over time too so really it eventually becomes a non issue.

Even without the MP restoration skill MP still increases slowly over time. Getting rid of this will make it so Mages will actually have to use up inventory space on food like the other classes do instead of just falling back on guild heal to restore their pets HP. Then after they run low they would have to deal with getting to a heal NPC, but hey other classes have things they just simply have to deal with that don't become less of an issue over time.

Again with the slow start lol, i never met a serious RPGer who isn't willing to take the time to get powerful because it's a big part of the fun. Honestly, have you?

it'd be cool to see enemies fire projectiles or use attacks that could bypass defense and do true damage.
Seta

Postby NPC_Viper » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Seta wrote:Well PVP wouldn't be so broken if there was a way to manually dodge, block, or counter Thunder and this is a big part of the reason i think Mages are so OP. Funny thing is they are the only class to have their skills unhindered in PVP. Archers lose knockback, Cowboys lose a lot of grenade damage even though it is the most predictable attack to dodge, Warriors lose chaining, but for some reason it's fine that mages have heat seeking death AND heal on the fly. When Mages aren't a factor though PVP is more about a competition of skill rather than who has more time on their hands.

This makes me laugh quit a bit. As a mage,( and yes Viper is an evil mage) I have previously spammed Thunder in the PVP Arenas and usually it takes 3-5 hits for my Thunder to actually register the hit. In my eyes, the Thunder strikes them but no damage is done to my target, not even a red 0. You may think that Thunder is instant death but I assure you its not. With players that have 300 dex and who are constantly running around, the chances of my Thunder being able to kill you is fairly low as it has not yet got a "lock" on you. To you it may appear as instant death but with me, it usually takes me 3-5 casts of Thunder which depletes my MP quite a lot.
NPC_Viper

Postby SlapThatChicken » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm

Well you need one point to MP restoration before you even begin to get MP back. Well if we all had no way to get MP then it just be about making that standard attack as strong as possible instead, which wouldn't be very fun if that what you meant.

I don't mind the grinding (i still playing after all), but I simply saying not everyone likes a slow start where they wonder if their investment is worth the time it takes to do it.
SlapThatChicken

Postby Seta » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:25 pm

SlapThatChicken wrote:Well you need one point to MP restoration before you even begin to get MP back. Well if we all had no way to get MP then it just be about making that standard attack as strong as possible instead, which wouldn't be very fun if that what you meant.

I don't mind the grinding (i still playing after all), but I simply saying not everyone likes a slow start where they wonder if their investment is worth the time it takes to do it.

Well i wouldn't mind if they had a natural level 2 MP restoration but 30 is just overboard in my opinion. Even without restoration though people can still raise their MP to the point where they can still use skills on a regular basis.

With MP supposedly being the Mages weakness though in my opinion they should have to economize it a lot more to where they can't just spam their specials all the time.
NPC_Viper wrote:This makes me laugh quit a bit. As a mage,( and yes Viper is an evil mage) I have previously spammed Thunder in the PVP Arenas and usually it takes 3-5 hits for my Thunder to actually register the hit. In my eyes, the Thunder strikes them but no damage is done to my target, not even a red 0. You may think that Thunder is instant death but I assure you its not. With players that have 300 dex and who are constantly running around, the chances of my Thunder being able to kill you is fairly low as it has not yet got a "lock" on you. To you it may appear as instant death but with me, it usually takes me 3-5 casts of Thunder which depletes my MP quite a lot.

Even if you don't have high enough stats to kill them on the first shot it's just a simple matter of spamming Thunder knowing others have no means of defense against it. The times it doesn't register is called lag and is something all classes have to deal with, trust me it's a lot more frustrating to see an attack that doesn't heat seek not register.

Also the real Viper uses a hammer.
Seta

Postby SlapThatChicken » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:45 pm

I guess it depends on the person in charge of the character, some people will spam so much that even 5k MP may not be enough, I seen someone go thru literally 1k MP in just around a minute and they was a mage so 1k MP isn't enough for thunder spaming if that what people want to do. As for standard attacking, they can run out very quickly if they are dual wielding wands, otherwise as long as they use just one wand and shield (or a staff but honestly) they can't easily run out and it the only time that mages don't run out of MP during maxed MP restoration.

Really, the main issue I find with mages is their projectiles is a bit "TOO ridiculous" in term of damage dealing, each projectile is like... what, 70% of your weapon's actual hit? You get so much damage per projectiles it crazy, mages are really just guys with a shotgun. They have little reasons to even use anything but their standard because it so good right from the start, I find this a mistake, the projectiles should have been its own skill that cost least 4-6 MP and couldn't be doubled up using dual wield but that just to me.
SlapThatChicken

Postby Seta » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:02 pm

SlapThatChicken wrote:I guess it depends on the person in charge of the character, some people will spam so much that even 5k MP may not be enough, I seen someone go thru literally 1k MP in just around a minute and they was a mage so 1k MP isn't enough for thunder spaming if that what people want to do. As for standard attacking, they can run out very quickly if they are dual wielding wands, otherwise as long as they use just one wand and shield (or a staff but honestly) they can't easily run out and it the only time that mages don't run out of MP during maxed MP restoration.

Really, the main issue I find with mages is their projectiles is a bit "TOO ridiculous" in term of damage dealing, each projectile is like... what, 70% of your weapon's actual hit? You get so much damage per projectiles it crazy, mages are really just guys with a shotgun. They have little reasons to even use anything but their standard because it so good right from the start, I find this a mistake, the projectiles should have been its own skill that cost least 4-6 MP and couldn't be doubled up using dual wield but that just to me.

You also have to consider that Thunder gets more powerful as the Magic stat increases so you really can't just take MP into account, it's not that hard to take out multiple enemies with a single Thunder so you can't really treat it like it's a weak attack because it varies depending on your magic stat. Dual wielding wands is lame in my opinion, i mean when you watch harry potter how often do you see a wizard running around with a wand in each hand?

Most mages could easily surpass archer gear defense by equipping a shield but would rather go with dual wielding wands because they know how OP and cheap their attacks are so they can get away with going for the higher DPS instead. That and the fact they can heal on the fly should the occasion ever arise.
Seta

Postby God » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:39 pm

Yeah, I think range is definitely the weakest class, and mage is definitely the strongest class.

This is why I only play Range, since I was level 100. :cry:
ImageImage
God

Postby SlapThatChicken » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:42 pm

Thunder attack is pretty much a no miss skill against enemies and when not lagging against players, yes but the standard attack practically multiplies your magic stat in a technical sense by hits with projectile per swing, they get much more out of every point than the other 3 classes combined. Thunder attack from what I seen when using it as a mage one time didn't really seem all that impressive unless I had massive amount of magic, then I need a lot of dex for the critical to even begin to make it useful cause it only hits "once" per use per enemy (depending on its skill lv).
SlapThatChicken

Postby Seta » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:04 pm

SlapThatChicken wrote:Thunder attack is pretty much a no miss skill against enemies and when not lagging against players, yes but the standard attack practically multiplies your magic stat in a technical sense by hits with projectile per swing, they get much more out of every point than the other 3 classes combined. Thunder attack from what I seen when using it as a mage one time didn't really seem all that impressive unless I had massive amount of magic, then I need a lot of dex for the critical to even begin to make it useful cause it only hits "once" per use per enemy (depending on its skill lv).

Other than heal no skill is really that useful during its early stages, have you ever seen a person fire a single arrow from the level one arrow rain against an enemy on the same floor as them?

i will agree that wands need a big nerf too though
Seta

Postby Dosko » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:02 pm

BACK ON TOPIC

YinFO wrote:No Support, I don't want to see our support money chewed up on extra unnecessary running costs I want to see some quality programming and testing of additions.

Pretty much this. I don't think a lot of people realize the amount of money each server costs, and what a third server would do to Robby's finances regarding this game. I feel like the only people in favor of a new server are those who feel like they can't kill monsters quickly and/or effectively.
Dosko

Postby SlapThatChicken » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:08 pm

This is why I believe they should be suggesting ways to make monsters more available to really busy places so that there still ways to get some kills in without feeling like the entire area just a empty as heck wasteland (most times it is once 3-5 players are in the area) .

The only time we need more servers if the quantity of players we get is so much that the servers we have now can't even begin to handle the load and constantly full even during non busy times, right now though, this isn't the case.
SlapThatChicken

Postby Legoriath » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:41 am

I think this game needs more locations and spawn points than another server
In game nick ==>Elgoriath
Legoriath

Postby plak&shlak » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:32 am

Legoriath wrote:I think this game needs more locations and spawn points than another server

maybe higher spawn rate.. or nothing.. but not server.. and more rooms wont be added..
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby SlapThatChicken » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Legoriath wrote:I think this game needs more locations and spawn points than another server

Locations yes but it still would take a lot more to make things better, meanwhile just more spawn points in say already existing maps wouldn't do anything to remedy the problem, cause the game currently only spawns one monster at random spawn points which when i think about it, is a painfully slow spawn rate.

I would say the spawn eggs are really slow, except you can stack these on top of one another, like 5-8 so that when a spawn does happen, it shoots out 5-8 mobs at once. Sadly spawn eggs are tickets only and don't really to me anyways, do a good job of solving our spawn rate problem. Mainly cause eventually the spawn eggs will be useless, they do not give anywhere near a good drop of items to work with, I rather have the game give naturally good spawn rate than have to rely on spawn eggs though, spawn eggs vary too much and takes many of them to be useful.
SlapThatChicken

Previous

Return to Suggestions