A third MAIN SEVER!

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

A third MAIN SEVER!

Postby PENGUINMASTER » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Well, yeah....
PENGUINMASTER

Re: A third MAIN SEVER!

Postby SlapThatChicken » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:12 pm

I don't think a new server is necessary, the servers are not getting anywhere near full, you also need to kinda state more of a reason why this is even necessary cause right now, you gave us nothing to go on beside just telling us there need to be a third server...
SlapThatChicken

Postby PENGUINMASTER » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:15 pm

Well, the areas are only designed for up to 3 players to be grinding at once to be effective.... when the servers fill up on the weekends..... I find it hard to grind effectively. Especially with all these overpowered mages running around.
PENGUINMASTER

Postby SlapThatChicken » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:28 pm

So what you really asking is not for more servers but for a better spawn rate. I think it would be better to suggest something along that line instead of third server as during the weekdays it not even close to being necessary to needing one.
SlapThatChicken

Postby YinFO » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:05 am

No Support, I don't want to see our support money chewed up on extra unnecessary running costs I want to see some quality programming and testing of additions.
YinFO

Postby crujen1 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:35 am

I don't think we need another server. There are times where I have to share maps, often when it gets crowded I would wait until the coast is clear, and then there are times where I get the map all to myself, which is nice. Never before have I had the problem where it's so crowded that it prevents me from grinding for an entire day.
crujen1

Postby plak&shlak » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:29 am

we also have post about it...............
and the answer was NO!
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby Pwow » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

PENGUINMASTER wrote: Especially with all these overpowered mages running around.

Well, first I support the third server.
But, how come no one has said cowboys ares op yet. 900 shots a per min.

:)
\/-|- Me with sword. I can kill stalkers five at a time with chain attack.
/\

:twisted:
\/@------ cowboy of similar level. Can five hit stalkers and has chain gun 900 shlts per min- 180 stalkers at a time.
/\

:cry: me crying about my terrible ASCII art.

Thanks to Proximity for this awesome sig!
Pwow

Postby plak&shlak » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:52 am

ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby itblobboy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:02 am

Pwow wrote:
PENGUINMASTER wrote: Especially with all these overpowered mages running around.

Well, first I support the third server.
But, how come no one has said cowboys ares op yet. 900 shots a per min.

:)
\/-|- Me with sword. I can kill stalkers five at a time with chain attack.
/\

:twisted:
\/@------ cowboy of similar level. Can five hit stalkers and has chain gun 900 shlts per min- 180 stalkers at a time.
/\

:cry: me crying about my terrible ASCII art.

Pwow, mah boy, you imply that you will have 180 stalkers and that the chaingun will infinitely fire at them without flaw. Do you not see a flaw in this perfect world logic? :lol:
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Caefer » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:46 pm

also @pwow cowboys of a similar level would be stuck fighting bricks and drillbots where a warrior could handle beholders >.>
Caefer

Postby itblobboy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Caefer wrote:also @pwow cowboys of a similar level would be stuck fighting bricks and drillbots where a warrior could handle beholders >.>

Yeah, a warrior's speciality is the fact that it can succesfully fight things above their league. As they reach the highest level enemy though, that's kinda not so handy.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby plak&shlak » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:11 pm

itblobboy wrote:
Caefer wrote:also @pwow cowboys of a similar level would be stuck fighting bricks and drillbots where a warrior could handle beholders >.>

Yeah, a warrior's speciality is the fact that it can succesfully fight things above their league. As they reach the highest level enemy though, that's kinda not so handy.

all the time you said that mages are the strongest bla bla and the warrior is the weakest (you said that before cowboy update) and now you said that warrior can kill things out of his league?
belding said that he was stuck in noob monsters and now he become to mage he can kill beholders kreeton etc without probs
you actually contradict each other
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby itblobboy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:06 pm

plak&shlak wrote:
itblobboy wrote:

all the time you said that mages are the strongest bla bla and the warrior is the weakest (you said that before cowboy update) and now you said that warrior can kill things out of his league?
belding said that he was stuck in noob monsters and now he become to mage he can kill beholders kreeton etc without probs
you actually contradict each other

Mages are slightly below average in that regard...

Warriors are capable of hitting higher level monsters earlier than any other class. Mages have more damage output on more moderate level monsters for their level.
itblobboy

Postby MisoSoup247 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:24 pm

itblobboy wrote:Mages are slightly below average in that regard...

Warriors are capable of hitting higher level monsters earlier than any other class.

Yes but mages are capable of KILLING higher level monsters earlier than any other class.

I've seen level 40-50 mages grinding at great frogs.

I've seen level 60-70 mages grinding at Sasquatches,

I've seen a level 140ish mage grinding at drill bots...

I'm a level 275 archer, and the sad thing is I still can't grind at Beholders/Kreetons yet. I waste about 800mp just to kill 3-5 beholders. And I see level 200-220 mages that are able to kill them faster and also more efficiently. And no, this is mages that havent consumed hundreds of books. And no, my stats arent messed up.

Anyway my problem: Mages are the most powerful class in this game and they can achieve this without the use of books. Archers are the weakest (I haven't learnt enough about cowboys!) and they need to consume hundreds and hundreds of books just to be able to compete with the other classes. There's still needs to be some balancing that needs fixing between all the classes.
MisoSoup247

Postby itblobboy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:35 pm

Miso, even so, warriors still have a far earlier rate than mages in ability to take down enemies. That being said, it's inefficient to grind there still...

Frankly, I believe that every class user thinks their class is weaker than the others. But I believe warriors are the worst, seconded closely by cowboys, thirded by archers and well, mages are top dogs.

I call BS on the books thing.
itblobboy

Postby SlapThatChicken » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:30 pm

I seen warriors are indeed capable of taking on bigger things early, but that doesn't mean anything to me, sure they can take on higher level things quicker, but I generally think this is a bad move, like, really bad. My main reason for that is the warrior from what I seen is the "slowest" damage dealer in the entire game, even the archers can do better than warrior when it comes to DPS potential. I know warriors have the multi-hit but that requires a lot of investment to get started which may take points away from defense/power for the MP to keep that going, as well as skill points to make that work out. I not sure how good they are if they are a rage build as that might work better but some reason I yet to see a good one.

As for the main topic, I don't think another server would solve the problem we currently have as it would just be a short temporary fix.
SlapThatChicken

Postby crujen1 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:37 pm

MisoSoup247 wrote:
itblobboy wrote:Mages are slightly below average in that regard...

Warriors are capable of hitting higher level monsters earlier than any other class.

Yes but mages are capable of KILLING higher level monsters earlier than any other class.

I've seen level 40-50 mages grinding at great frogs.

I've seen level 60-70 mages grinding at Sasquatches,

I've seen a level 140ish mage grinding at drill bots...

I'm a level 275 archer, and the sad thing is I still can't grind at Beholders/Kreetons yet. I waste about 800mp just to kill 3-5 beholders. And I see level 200-220 mages that are able to kill them faster and also more efficiently. And no, this is mages that havent consumed hundreds of books. And no, my stats arent messed up.

Anyway my problem: Mages are the most powerful class in this game and they can achieve this without the use of books. Archers are the weakest (I haven't learnt enough about cowboys!) and they need to consume hundreds and hundreds of books just to be able to compete with the other classes. There's still needs to be some balancing that needs fixing between all the classes.

Just a thought on how to buff archers: certain bows that can fire two arrows instead of one, but its range is cut in half.
crujen1

Postby SlapThatChicken » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:42 pm

How would shooting two arrows but for half damage help? Especially since the game has a delay when the monster receive the killing blow which mean for a split second other projectiles will hit but be wasted. Only on certain bows means that only at certain levels would you get to use it.

Also if the range is cut in half, that would mean you be most likely only be able to kill beginner stuff again instead of what you probably need to grind on... cause cutting it in half make things you was doing damage to in early part of the game to possibly doing 0 damage with double shot instead.

Besides, the archer already has several skills that let them shoot more arrows, so the idea don't make sense anyways.
SlapThatChicken

Postby itblobboy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:56 pm

SlapThatChicken wrote:How would shooting two arrows but for half damage help? Especially since the game has a delay when the monster receive the killing blow which mean for a split second other projectiles will hit but be wasted. Only on certain bows means that only at certain levels would you get to use it.

Also if the range is cut in half, that would mean you be most likely only be able to kill beginner stuff again instead of what you probably need to grind on... cause cutting it in half make things you was doing damage to in early part of the game to possibly doing 0 damage with double shot instead.

Besides, the archer already has several skills that let them shoot more arrows, so the idea don't make sense anyways.

Think of it this way. If it takes you 10 shots to kill an enemy with a bow, and you would have only gotten 7 shots in because some other mage hit it, is vs a 20 shot where you managed to get in 15 because of the period of time between each individual particle takes down their own individual amount of damage. They split up, and with time vs damage you end up getting like 10 more xp.

Or you could just simply have gone with what is likely implied here and assume that it isn't literally half but instead like x2 wield, where you shoot two arrows at reduced damage. It would be a x2 weild variant of archery, and you could imply that arrow amount for skills that shoot multiple arrows are effectively doubled. :P
itblobboy

Postby SlapThatChicken » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:16 pm

Well, the shot counts mostly only matter if you need more damage, otherwise the time it takes for damage to register its a kill would make the dead monster absorb more projectiles than you would like while its dying, I actually seen a weak bouncer take over 2k damage and absorbed 6 shots cause it takes a split second time to die. This is a problem for archers cause they delay a bit before firing another shot.

I think archers should technically be allowed a bit more damage, they do almost exactly the same damage as cowboys in single shots before they reach the point of book farming, however obviously cowboys dominate the archers in that so badly that if archers didn't have things like arrow rain, they would be replaced by now.
SlapThatChicken

Postby crujen1 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:39 pm

SlapThatChicken wrote:How would shooting two arrows but for half damage help? Especially since the game has a delay when the monster receive the killing blow which mean for a split second other projectiles will hit but be wasted. Only on certain bows means that only at certain levels would you get to use it.

Didn't mean to confuse you like that. What I meant was reach. Cut the reach in half. Bows don't have range on them anyways :roll: . Also, it would apply to skills as well: Triple shot used on bows that shoot two arrows would be six, but at half REACH. OR maybe the idea of long bow and short bow? Short bow: shoot two arrows, half REACH, and faster(slightly faster shooting animation than what archers have currently). Long bow: Shoots one arrow, more damage(1.6x that of a short bow), far REACH, but slower(same concept as short bow: just slightly)
crujen1

Postby SlapThatChicken » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:49 pm

That definitely makes a lot more sense now, well to be fair, they would then be around the mage's reach when it comes to distances, which mean there a risk the archers won't get to hit at all, but this assuming they competing, if not then it would be a great improvement to their damage with the downside of having a higher risk of getting hit, so I think that works out.

I had one time thought of things like Great bows, huge bows that cover great distances but are slow to fire, but does powerful damage, this would make their skills fire slowly too. But it something that I haven't really well thought out so i never suggested it.
SlapThatChicken

Postby plak&shlak » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:22 pm

so who is better? warrior or mages? i confuse...
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby Dosko » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:18 pm

PENGUINMASTER wrote: I find it hard to grind effectively. Especially with all these overpowered mages running around.

:P
Dosko

Next

Return to Suggestions