Grammatical Things

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Grammatical Things

Postby Freedan » Sun May 25, 2014 10:53 pm

I have been meaning to make this post for some time now. There are a plethora of grammatical mistakes in helmet heroes, many of which have been around for nearly a year with no mention. These errors cannot be fixed by one forum post. It will take the entire community. So, I am designating this forum post as a place to spotlight any grammatical errors you may have encountered in the game. Please note: this is NOT a forum for making fun of Robby (the game creator). This is a chance to improve Helmet Heroes. So, please be respectful and helpful in your replies.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Responses should be written in the following format (to make them more organized):

Error: Cold, Cold, Cold. You want healed, young one? I can heal you. If you plan on going through that portal to your right you're going to need it.

Correction: Do you wish to be healed, young one?

Additional comments: The bit about the portal is now irrelevant, as the portal is nowhere near Margaret since the map update.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

As you can see, errors and corrections should be boldfaced to make them more visible.

This is one way we can help Robby out. So let's do it! :)
Ignore the man behind the curtain...
Freedan

Re: Grammatical Things

Postby Freedan » Sun May 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Please note that grammatical errors do not have to be as obvious as the one in the example. For example, the Hero-Pedia entry for the Yellow Hairy Monster could be improved:

Error: Yellow Hairy Monsters are one of the most hated creatures in the world. Many people hate them because of their angry look and because they are a nuisance. They eat whatever is edible which is many things, as they are the "clean-up crew" of all the monsters in Helmet Heroes which include other creatures, people's clothes, and even infant humans if left unattended. Although they lurk on the outskirts of Fairyville, Yellow Hairy Monsters are anything but friendly.

Correction: Known as the “clean-up crew” of Helmet Heroes, they eat anything that is edible. This may include creatures, peoples’ clothes, and even infant humans if left unattended.

Additional Comments: The sentence that I corrected was a run – on sentence. I believe that it would sound better when separated into two parts, as demonstrated above.
Freedan

Postby itblobboy » Sun May 25, 2014 10:58 pm

Two words to this:

Thank you. :P
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby fallenangel » Sun May 25, 2014 11:07 pm

I don't like grammer
:|

Grammer will be the death of me
Credits to miso
please give a damn (click signature)
Spoiler: show

If I could kill you, I would
But it's frowned upon in all fifty states
Having said that, burn in hell!
fallenangel

Location: The land of invisible blue unicorns where it rains nutella daily

Postby Freedan » Sun May 25, 2014 11:09 pm

itblobboy wrote:Two words to this:

Thank you. :P

Haha, you are welcome. :)
Freedan

Postby Mariofan1 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:57 am

Yay! Hi Freedan!
Mariofan1

Postby plak&shlak » Mon May 26, 2014 2:32 pm

i support the idea about grammar probs should be fixed.. you ust need to tell robby about it.. i cant tell cause i dont know so much english and i dont know when use everyone of the million times at the english grammar
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Return to Suggestions