Four New Sets (Approved by Coke and Robby)

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Four New Sets (Approved by Coke and Robby)

Postby Flashlight237 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:08 am

So yeah, a little before the Colonist sets, I made four high-tier craftable sets. I figured these would fit in because of the references in the Assault and Prey sets, which reference Halo and Predator respectively.

This one should be a little more at-home with the game's PG-ish nature. Because really, why M-rated games and R-rated movies when the rest of the game is cartoonish in nature? So yeah, fist up is the Unobtainium Set.

--

Unobtainium Set.png
Unobtainium Set.png (66.67 KiB) Viewed 1246 times

The Unobtainium Set is the warrior set of the four. As warriors focus on defense and power, the Unobtainium set is the best of both worlds. Below are the listings for all of the pieces of the Unobtainium Set.

Unobtainium Helmet:
760 Defense
240 Power
$135M
Level 1208
Description: This helmet is made out of a material far sturdier than Kreeton hide. It's a bit itchy, though.

Unobtainium Armor:
730 Defense
230 Power
$120M
Level 1205
Description: Despite its peculiar appearance, this armor nullifies even Kraken acid and Mongrel bites.

Unobtainium Legs:
720 Defense
210 Power
$115M
Level 1205
Description: All the power and defense you'll need without the thicc-ness to boot.

Unobtainium Sandals:
125 Defense
60 Power
$18M
Level 555
Description: An orangey residue rests in these legendary sandals.

Unobtainium Shield:
640 Defense
$150M
Level 1205
Description: This all-defending shield doubles as a giant hairspray can.

Unobtainium Cleavers:
600-710 Damage
$110M
Level 1202
Description: These cleavers can cut even diamonds and adamantium with no problem.

Muramasa:
840-960 Damage
$160M
Level 1214
Description: This legendary blade was expertly crafted with pure unobtainium. Its hilt is peculiar, though.

--

Next up is the Lost Archer Set.

Lost Archer Set.png
Lost Archer Set.png (53.34 KiB) Viewed 1246 times

This set is made in the image of an archer who was oddly masterful in ranged weaponry, even slingshots made out of kitchen forks. Somehow, the archer's bow is recovered during an exploration trip.

Lost Archer Helmet:
575 Defense
250 Range
$120M
Level 1205
Description: This helmet was crafted in the image of the Lost Archer.

Lost Archer Armor:
545 Defense
235 Range
$115M
Level 1200
Description: Anodized neodymium and diamonds form the belly of this impenetrably lightweight armor.

Lost Archer Legs:
530 Defense
230 Range
$110M
Level 1200
Description: These legs perfectly capture the agility of the Lost Archer.

Lost Archer Sandals:
115 Defense
29 Range (9 Luck)
$16M
Level 510
Description: As unfortunate as it is to sacrifice range for defense, these sandals have a legend to tell.

Lost Archer's Bow:
810-1050 Damage
$142M
Level 1202
Description: This wooden bow originally belonged to the Lost Archer. It's quiver and arrows are still intact.

--

Next up, we have the Nature Goddess set.

Nature Goddess Set.png
Nature Goddess Set.png (119.46 KiB) Viewed 1246 times

Imbued with the power of Mother Nature, this set is sure to make mages unstoppable. Unlike other magic equips, this set unleashes pure energy. Yes sir, there are NO impurities in this magic. The best part is, unlike the Gemstone Set, it doesn't make you look like an open target for Lotus Eye maulings.

Nature Goddess Helmet:
540 Defense
280 Magic
$125M
Level 1204
Description: An all-powerful, aura-reading helmet with a third eye. Nothing can stand in the way of anyone wearing this helmet.

Nature Goddess Armor:
510 Defense
250 Magic
$118M
Level 1200
Description: This armor represents the gear worn by the Nature Goddess herself.

Nature Goddess Legs:
500 Defense
240 Magic
$110M
Level 1200
Description: You can feel the pure energy coursing through these leggings.

Nature Goddess Boots:
87 Defense
60 Magic
$16.5M
Level 513
Description: Despite being made out of ordinary material, these boots are nothing ordinary.

Goddess's Blessings:
480-600 Damage
$120M
Level 1200
Description: A wand blessed with the power of nature. It can cleanse any impurities.

The Almighty One:
650-780 Damage
$142M
Level 1205
Description: Only the purest of mages can wield this all-powerful staff. It can get rid of even the evil within Night Stalkers; turning them into harmless kittens.

--

The last set cannot be put into this post because of attachment limitations. So yeah, next post will feature the Cowboy Set.
Last edited by Flashlight237 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flashlight237

Re: Four New Sets (Approved by Coke and Robby)

Postby Flashlight237 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:30 am

Lastly, Cowboys get the Mutation set.

Mutation Set.png
Mutation Set.png (70.56 KiB) Viewed 1242 times

The mutation set is made out of radioactive materials. Yeah, radioactive materials, because this is the game of people being stupid enough to beat up monsters well over their size while wearing body-dissolving acid.

Mutation Helmet:
550 Defense
240 Artillery
$130M
Level 1210
Description: A uranium helmet with curium-tinted lenses. It's kinda making you feel lightheaded.

Mutation Armor:
450 Defense
210 Artillery
$112M
Level 1204
Description: A uranium suit with radioactive spikes. Maybe try some plutonium on the side?

Mutation Legs:
440 Defense
200 Artillery
$108M
Level 1204
Description: The veins of these leggings are filled with liquified uranium and einsteinium to give them their green hue.

Mutation Shoes:
90 Defense
57 Artillery
$16.5M
Level 513
Description: Radium-plated boots. It's a really smart idea to be wearing radioactive flippin shoes!!

Mutagenic Blaster:
425-515 damage
360 RPM
$145M
Level 1210
Description: This gun shoots deadly yet aromatic toxic waste. Mmm..! Spicy!

So yeah, that's all there is to it. Whaddya think?
Last edited by Flashlight237 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flashlight237

Postby fuktighår » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:47 am

Really cool designs, I definitely support this!

One thing, I feel the Unobtanium Helmet should be a similar colour to the rest of the armor.
It's Mi74.

Discord: Bittersteel#1957
fuktighår

Postby DarkMage444 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:29 am

i like all the desgin but the levels are too high

make it at least lvl 1150
IGN= DarkMage44
Guild= Trueplayer
DarkMage444

Postby Flashlight237 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:33 am

DarkMage444 wrote:i like all the desgin but the levels are too high

make it at least lvl 1150

I would've, but I have the oddest feeling that what I got here is going to be the pattern for these high-level equips.
Flashlight237

Postby Andreyiy1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:34 am

Cool.
But why the mage set looks again like a noob...
Damn.
Also the cowboy set. Looks great!
Good job dude!
Also, I'm pretty sure they'll suffer some changes like the previous ones.
Last edited by Andreyiy1 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andreyiy1

Postby Ten » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:28 pm

ok but what about the good stuff
Ten

Postby Mariofan1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:10 pm

I personally think that the mage and cowboy sets look more or less underdeveloped for their level tier. Even a god-like description wouldn't exactly make them seem like the best tiered items.

In addition, the archer's bow looks pretty basic to be considered a high leveled item. In comparison to something like the Divine Bow, it doesn't really feel like an achievement to have such an item. The same principle would go for the arrow.

Also, a small recommendation for the mage particles, I feel like the theme of a godlike snowflake with blue orbs inside should also be displayed in the particles.

Other than these suggestions, I like the ideas and descriptions behind the armours/weapons. Though I'm not a fan of new higher tier armours in the game, it gives players a reason and motive to get better at the game.
Mariofan1

Postby Mariofan1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:30 pm

ThisIsMyName wrote:Who says something has to look OP to be OP I personally like the simplistic style of the bow and I think as long as the stats are good and it doesn't look stupid people will use it

It devalues the weapon if it has good stats and looks basic. If the weapons are to have similar or correlating stats, I guarentee people would choose the divine bow due to it's sheer awesomeness. Sure, there might be a subjectiveness to what someone might find as good armour, but for a basic bow to be valued over a golden bow with diamond studs is rare.
Mariofan1

Postby isa467 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Hm, I like all of them apart from the warrior one tbh.
Credits to Lightnings_Fury
isa467

Postby Flashlight237 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:10 pm

Mariofan1 wrote:
ThisIsMyName wrote:Who says something has to look OP to be OP I personally like the simplistic style of the bow and I think as long as the stats are good and it doesn't look stupid people will use it

It devalues the weapon if it has good stats and looks basic. If the weapons are to have similar or correlating stats, I guarentee people would choose the divine bow due to it's sheer awesomeness. Sure, there might be a subjectiveness to what someone might find as good armour, but for a basic bow to be valued over a golden bow with diamond studs is rare.

Who says a weapon had to be stuffed with a bunch of bewildering accessories? Odysseus' bow is the stuff of legends, yet look how basic THAT is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_A9XWxV0Q
Flashlight237

Postby Ten » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:31 am

can we get a real update that will actually help the game though? new sets is the last thing we need. so many bugs but he decides to add new stuff?

they are cool and everything but... really? new sets? again?
Ten

Postby Flashlight237 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:48 am

Ten wrote:can we get a real update that will actually help the game though? new sets is the last thing we need. so many bugs but he decides to add new stuff?

they are cool and everything but... really? new sets? again?

Don't even ask me for that. As much as I'd like the same, I'm much better off sticking to suggestions that are more up Robby's alley.
Flashlight237

Postby DragonBlake » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:37 am

too many sets maybe you could look at previous sets and possibly make they look much more higher tiered in a way like neoplasti set into like void set or something
IGN: Cosmic_Warrior
DragonBlake

Postby Flashlight237 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:59 am

DragonBlake wrote:too many sets maybe you could look at previous sets and possibly make they look much more higher tiered in a way like neoplasti set into like void set or something

No, I'm not turning these gears into Barbie dolls just to satisfy your needs. I've intended for these gears to look just like I had them in mind: armor-like, but kept true to the references I've used. I don't wish to do any unnecessary accessorizing that would end up overly complicating things (like the Gemstone set did); I just need to do enough to catch the eyes of both Robby and Coke (which these four sets already did).
Odysseus' Bow.png
Also, again, this image right here is of Odysseus' Bow. I rendered it into the game's style to show there's no need for complicated designs that end up NOT sitting well. Both arrow and bow are based purely on their appearance in the 1997 Odyssey movie.
Odysseus' Bow.png (11.35 KiB) Viewed 1063 times

And as a side note, cowboys are lacking in set variety as opposed to every other class.

Mariofan1 wrote:Also, a small recommendation for the mage particles, I feel like the theme of a godlike snowflake with blue orbs inside should also be displayed in the particles.

Those projectiles are supposed to look like ki blasts. You know, the Dragon Ball Z stuff the Pokemon movie Lucario and the Mystery of Mew copied. I can TRY and see if they'll still fit, but there's no guaranteeing it'll actually work out.
Flashlight237

Postby 203361992 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:56 am

I don't really like the contrasting and conflicting colour theme for the mage set and the lack of detail on some sets. If we look at the development of HH sets, they are meant to look more detailed and obviously stronger and more advanced, rather than just inventing like a 5-leaf bow and make it lv 1.5k with 800 power. Like I get you're point that other games make simple things really strong, but that just doesn't really suit the game well. Like most of the sets you designed seems more matching for lv 60-lv200.
Spoiler: show

Postby Flashlight237 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:29 am

203361992 wrote:I don't really like the contrasting and conflicting colour theme for the mage set and the lack of detail on some sets. If we look at the development of HH sets, they are meant to look more detailed and obviously stronger and more advanced, rather than just inventing like a 5-leaf bow and make it lv 1.5k with 800 power. Like I get you're point that other games make simple things really strong, but that just doesn't really suit the game well. Like most of the sets you designed seems more matching for lv 60-lv200.

Again, I don't appreciate this "flashy design means stronger" mindset the HH community so decided to adopt. Design is meant to look appealing to the eye, capturing the eyes of the audience while matching the artist's intentions, although fun in making the design may apply. Design is not meant to follow whatever this biased "it must be flashy" guideline is.

Mind you, my initial audience was Robby and Coke, and I have both of their responses at hand.

Robby 1200 Armors.png
Robby 1200 Armors.png (3.74 KiB) Viewed 1051 times

Coke 1200 Armors.png
I don't think Coke understood my original intention (i.e. NOT event items), but still.
Coke 1200 Armors.png (4.36 KiB) Viewed 1051 times

After knowing the sets caught both their eyes, I figured that it is best for me to let them both have the sets for real; sent Robby the Flash files I've imported all the sets to and all.
Flashlight237

Postby Mariofan1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Flashlight237 wrote:
203361992 wrote:I don't really like the contrasting and conflicting colour theme for the mage set and the lack of detail on some sets. If we look at the development of HH sets, they are meant to look more detailed and obviously stronger and more advanced, rather than just inventing like a 5-leaf bow and make it lv 1.5k with 800 power. Like I get you're point that other games make simple things really strong, but that just doesn't really suit the game well. Like most of the sets you designed seems more matching for lv 60-lv200.

Again, I don't appreciate this "flashy design means stronger" mindset the HH community so decided to adopt. Design is meant to look appealing to the eye, capturing the eyes of the audience while matching the artist's intentions, although fun in making the design may apply. Design is not meant to follow whatever this biased "it must be flashy" guideline is.

I mean, flashy does mostly mean stronger in most mmorpgs, if not, all. Pretty easily seen in Helmet Heroes, the higher up the gear is, the more awesome it looks; this is especially seen in the archer class. Though, with robby using this for future reference, it doesn't guarentee that it'll be the new top set. Likely, it'll be put in a gap between two big sets, or lower down, etc.
Mariofan1

Postby 203361992 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:46 pm

Dude, like legit, no offense, the sets look like they should sit between lv 20-30

The art is good but the style of the weapons? definitely not a lv 1k+ set

Postby Ohcan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:02 pm

I agree with Mario and how higher tier items should have a more high-end look, simple is cool in all. Some people like that, but most don't. We do want something to look forward to, like referenced I would choose a more epic looking item over a more simplistic one. So yes, a more flashy set would be awesome.

This DOESN'T mean I don't like the sets, I do! Well... everything besides the Cowboy Helmet... I don't know, something about the hair just bugs me. (I'm not a huge fan of the cowboy class items (besides neoplasti because that one is epic!)) I do understand that the artist and developer gets the final say, I am just giving my two cents. take it or leave it.

As for the bow, I get how it could be a turn off for some but come on, after you equip it you are going to forget about it, the first thing you see is the main armor, make it the same colour as the armor set and no one would notice the difference.

Being a mage I could see myself rocking that Nature Goddess set!
Insert text... >>>here<<<
Ohcan

Postby Flashlight237 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:52 am

After looking through all the supports and the criticisms, I found that... Nobody found the reference. Because of this... Let's play a game. I'll provide some hints for you.

All
1. All sets provided here, unlike the Assault and Prey sets, do NOT reference anything R-rated. Instead, they reference something PG or under.
2. Each set is a reference to a specific person.

Unobtainium Set
1. The helmet is described as "sturdier than Kreeton hide" (Kreetons have a defense of 540 to match their reputation as the monster with the strongest defenses) AND "itchy" in the description I've typed up for it. Can you guess why?
2. Take a good look at the shield, the shield's description, and the weapons' hilts.
3. Can you guess what the orange-y residue on the shoes mentioned in the description is?

Lost Archer Set
1. The armor is crafted in someone's image.
2. The sandals closely match said person's actual sandals.
3. There is a flower on the helmet, and it's NOT painted on.

Nature Goddess Set
1. The user "203361992" is actually wrong when he claimed that the set's color scheme is contrasting and conflicting; in fact, the person who wore this exact color scheme is quite popular.
2. If you remove the gold decorations on the armor, you'll find that the armor matches said person's sweater.

Mutation Set
1. The orange is not based on anyone's clothes. It's actually a skin color.
2. Take a good look at the helmet.
3. Why did the set get its name? Can you guess?

See if y'all can take a guess.
Flashlight237

Postby Ankur » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:23 am

It would Be Nice if the bow looked more Dangerous, or valuable. As the chronic order of sets is based also on terms of awesome to more awesome to even more awesome. ;) Also the Arrow could have some little mini 'accesories' on the side, not too much. I think if the bow would be changed and a little effort would be done to the whole set, the archer set would be flawless.

Myself, Being a cowboy, i absolutely don't like the looks of the cowboy set. I mean... The idea is good, but the looks are not. The whole cowboy set needs to be more complicated and they have to be edited with some accessories, again , not too much!

Thanks!
Just On My Quest To Conquest!
IGN: VelvetBlaze
Guild: Brothers League United
Discord Tag: VelvetBlaze#6401
I do not use My account 'Ankur2' anymore!
Ankur

Postby ImMoi » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Its too Cartoonic set, Many don't like that sets because of its image its too cartoonic. :roll:
ImMoi
Code: Select all
[list][list=][*][img][url][color=#4000FF][spoiler][/spoiler][/color][/url][/img][/list][/list]
ImMoi

Next

Return to Suggestions