All of Flashlight237's Monsters

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

All of Flashlight237's Monsters

Postby Flashlight237 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:38 am

So yeah, with so many monsters I've made, I figured it should be about time for a list of all my monsters for Helmet Heroes. Basically, this is what I got so far.: https://sta.sh/2g1qaidqzd4

I've also animated some monsters and gave some of those some monsters cries: https://sta.sh/2pm38egq0ld
https://flashlight237.deviantart.com/ar ... -724482272

Making sure everything gets accounted for.
Flashlight237

Re: All of Flashlight237's Monsters

Postby Mariofan1 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:41 pm

I think that the squid would make for a cool Aqualantis boss, since that area lacks representation imo.

Maybe after proteums at least, there could be some kind of squid lair where the squid has a badass name like "Gragathor, destroyer of proteums, ravager of fishermen" :lol:
Mariofan1

Postby Archiac Pro » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:53 pm

I think the metal louse is great, so are the bees.
We fight, some perish. We win. IMPERIAL GUARD
Archiac Pro

Postby Kennyg » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:53 pm

Those bouncers are lit. They're kinda like the mascot for the game, and they would complement the very soft un-intimidating atmosphere of Helmet Heroes. Would be looking forward to seeing them introduced.
Kennyg

Postby Flashlight237 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:48 pm

Kennyg wrote:Those bouncers are lit. They're kinda like the mascot for the game, and they would complement the very soft un-intimidating atmosphere of Helmet Heroes. Would be looking forward to seeing them introduced.

Flashlight237

Postby Flashlight237 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:02 am

Mariofan1 wrote:I think that the squid would make for a cool Aqualantis boss, since that area lacks representation imo.

Maybe after proteums at least, there could be some kind of squid lair where the squid has a badass name like "Gragathor, destroyer of proteums, ravager of fishermen" :lol:

Aqualantis boss long-since created: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62501&hilit=clam&start=25#p433319
Flashlight237

Postby ekamxd » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Geez , if only Flashlight was Robby. Lmao
Image Image Credits to RaptorZ7 for the Signature and Miso for the avatar.
Spoiler: show
ekamxd

Postby Flashlight237 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:10 pm

Update: all provisional drop lists for the monsters I've animated have been posted.
Flashlight237

Postby JellySandwych » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:40 am

holy jeez man, you're still doing these suggestions?
A shame that robby can't add in any of these totally tubular ideas.
IGN: JellySandwych (well, I quit so...)
MrStealYoLoot wrote:The game would be so much better if robby added more quest having to do with the games lore.
JellySandwych

Postby 203361992 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:26 am

Aren't some of the monsters slightly too big though? Say the giant squid, that thing is like 2x the length of a screen... really?
Also based on my observation, monster size seems to increase with their size, say the earlier monsters, green bouncer .... to yellow puffs and stalkers etc to drill bots, lotus eyes, .... to mags then to kraks, see, the size increases.
However, many of your monsters' sizes aren't really to scale with their power, so perhaps redoing the size or strength of the monsters?

Postby Flashlight237 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:49 pm

203361992 wrote:Aren't some of the monsters slightly too big though? Say the giant squid, that thing is like 2x the length of a screen... really?
Also based on my observation, monster size seems to increase with their size, say the earlier monsters, green bouncer .... to yellow puffs and stalkers etc to drill bots, lotus eyes, .... to mags then to kraks, see, the size increases.
However, many of your monsters' sizes aren't really to scale with their power, so perhaps redoing the size or strength of the monsters?

Mosquitoes kill more people than sharks, yet look how tiny they are.
Cosmic monoliths, despite being normal enemies, are deadlier than almost every enemy and most bosses in Epic Battle Fantasy 3 and Epic Battle Fantasy 4, yet look how small they are.

Size doesn't matter; in other words, NEVER GIVE A SHIT ABOUT SIZE.
Flashlight237

Postby ArianaGrande143 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:08 am

Of course new monsters but how about the new areas for the new monsters? ;o

Also, good job for the creative ideas.
IGN: ArianaGrande_

❤ Meow!! ❤
ArianaGrande143

Location: ➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

Postby DarkMage444 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:49 am

First when i saw u on forum i thought ur art was bad but now when i saw you design .. you are a legend and you made the sound affects for the monster's they all look cool

Could you create a game like helmet heroes i bet lots of people will play with that art of urs
But i think u might not be good at codeing
IGN= DarkMage44
Guild= Trueplayer
DarkMage444

Postby Flashlight237 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:32 am

ArianaGrande143 wrote:Of course new monsters but how about the new areas for the new monsters? ;o

Also, good job for the creative ideas.

I actually drew up ONE level: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64899

Beyond that, my Helmaceous Park idea was once a community project.: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62501

DarkMage444 wrote:First when i saw u on forum i thought ur art was bad but now when i saw you design .. you are a legend and you made the sound affects for the monster's they all look cool

Could you create a game like helmet heroes i bet lots of people will play with that art of urs
But i think u might not be good at codeing

You're not the only who thought I was a legend. Dr. Rahazar made a poll pitting me against MisoSoup247: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66489

I was originally 2 or 3 votes ahead of Miso; now I'm 3 behind. But hey, whether I actually beat Miso or not, I managed to break his armor like that one episode of Shokugeki no Souma (I forget which).

I can't code for shit, though.
Flashlight237

Postby Ohcan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Ugh, you've done it again.

At first glance all of the monsters look (no offense) not so great, (besides the Alpha Rune, that looks pretty epic) but the more I looked into it and read the respective forum posts the more I felt them all.

I haven't found a forum post on the Alpha Rune yet which makes me sad :'(

I support all now besides the cow... I don't know, I just don't feel it. The bee ones look epic though, I like everything, and that map looked epic!
Insert text... >>>here<<<
Ohcan

Postby Flashlight237 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:24 pm

Ohcan wrote:Ugh, you've done it again.

At first glance all of the monsters look (no offense) not so great, (besides the Alpha Rune, that looks pretty epic) but the more I looked into it and read the respective forum posts the more I felt them all.

I haven't found a forum post on the Alpha Rune yet which makes me sad :'(

I support all now besides the cow... I don't know, I just don't feel it. The bee ones look epic though, I like everything, and that map looked epic!

Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64300&p=444433&hilit=alpha+rune#p444433
Flashlight237

Postby Flashlight237 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Update: MORE Queen Beefender attack animations. Birds and Owlbear added.
Flashlight237

Postby Order Of Shitposting » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:57 pm

Misho?
Let There Be Shitposting
Order Of Shitposting

Postby Ankur » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:51 pm

I support the Bee robots but the Queen Beefender needs a little customization. I don't support the Titanobovine because it would be unnecessarily Big for Low level players to grind on, and How would those low level players even reach that area past lotus eyes and plant monsters?? I support the bouncers, they look good , but, just edit those stats to a little bit low. Also, The primal stalkers look really good, I would really love them if they were added into the game, it's a really creative idea and a nice monster to grind on! Also, The Owlbears are nice, But I don't support the idea of an owlbear type - npc being added into the game. The birds are nice but just make them look different from the blue mushroom birds already added into the game, so that there's isn't a lack of variety in Those 2 birds. Also The razorgull looks great, can I get the stats of the Razorgull? I would appreciate The razorgull's Offense being greatly more that it's defense, because of it's offensive - looking Beak.

Thanks! Those are all of my opinions right now.
Just On My Quest To Conquest!
IGN: VelvetBlaze
Guild: Brothers League United
Discord Tag: VelvetBlaze#6401
I do not use My account 'Ankur2' anymore!
Ankur

Postby Flashlight237 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:20 am

Ankur wrote:I support the Bee robots but the Queen Beefender needs a little customization.

-Queen Beefender has FOUR animations that took hard work; more than LITERALLY EVERYTHING IN THE GAME.
-"needs customization"
Ankur wrote:I don't support the Titanobovine because it would be unnecessarily Big for Low level players to grind on, and How would those low level players even reach that area past lotus eyes and plant monsters??

It's entirely based on the monster skull. It's exactly the size it NEEDS to be, plus all of its stats are in-tune with Robby's statements about the creature's power level (little more than the Yellow Hairy Monster). Besides, jumping over Plant Monsters and dash-jumping over Lotus Eyes is anyone's business; literally so for Plant Monsters.
Ankur wrote:Also, The primal stalkers look really good, I would really love them if they were added into the game, it's a really creative idea and a nice monster to grind on!

Mind you, the Primal Stalker, the Lost Archer set, and the Nature Goddess set are basically Robby's top picks among my art.
Ankur wrote:Also, The Owlbears are nice, But I don't support the idea of an owlbear type - npc being added into the game.

This only shows that you prefer laziness over creativity.
Ankur wrote:The birds are nice but just make them look different from the blue mushroom birds already added into the game, so that there's isn't a lack of variety in Those 2 birds.

1. The Shroomlings are babies, and 2. Virtually every RPG went that route, so put a sock in it.
Ankur wrote:Also The razorgull looks great, can I get the stats of the Razorgull? I would appreciate The razorgull's Offense being greatly more that it's defense, because of it's offensive - looking Beak.

See this thread.: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66929

Note that this bird expansion pack I'm making includes noob-friendlier birds, pro-friendlier birds, and a boost in rewards, not to mention one bird (the Sawtooth) is designed to get reduce the possibility of (rather than eliminate since only extra vertical spawn points can do that) Skymill Pet-AFKing.
Flashlight237

Postby Flashlight237 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:51 pm

Here's a link to the Equips and Items thread.: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67967

Also, updated monster list with Crobster.
Flashlight237

Return to Suggestions