Vanity!

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Vanity!

Postby TheMidgetV2 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:44 pm

I was thinking "Wow my character looks dull" And I thought Like in other MMOs You can have "vanity" Something to Wear Over your Armor So you dont have to Put on terrible But good looking gear, Then Get killed Easy!
I feel This Idea Has Potential And Can Go somewhere!
TheMidgetV2

Re: Vanity!

Postby Mariofan1 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Uhm... vanity? I've never heard that in any mmo ever
Mariofan1

POOP

Postby WTF2000 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:32 pm

Is it Just me or is it a New trend To talk like This? :| :lol:
Spoiler: show
*spoiler* HA I spoiled -____- for you!

◕‿◕
http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/meh.ro11594.gif
WTF2000

Re: POOP

Postby Mariofan1 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:41 pm

WTF2000 wrote:Is it Just me or is it a New trend To talk like This? :| :lol:

WhAt Do YoU mEaN?/?

Oh...

Like This? Constant Capital Letters Or Something........?

Mariofan1

Postby WTF2000 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Lel yea... :!:
*spoiler* HA I spoiled -____- for you!

◕‿◕
http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/meh.ro11594.gif
WTF2000

Postby HelmetHeroesBlog » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:57 pm

I suggested this already
HelmetHeroesBlog

Postby DaviM12 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Mariofan1 wrote:Uhm... vanity? I've never heard that in any mmo ever

Basically it's a equipment you wear in a separate window.
You equip your useful equipment (cyro stuff, skull gun) in the "main" equipment window and there's a vanity window that gets priority over the "main" window on the visual so you can dress up with stuff (so if you equipped a atomic set and a skull gun on the "main" window and a superhero shirt, jeans and a blue beanie on the vanity window you'll get the atomic set's stats while having the look of the vanity items. Shoes and weapon are unchanged because they aren't equipped in vanity, so you still have visible atomic shoes and a skull gun as well)

!Vanity equipment does not give additional stats, they are for looks only!
So lazy... maybe I could do a thing...

Cool epic quotes:
None wrote:new accounts can't PM coke to prevent crying babies like you
Teofiel122 wrote:"REGION UNVALABLE" is cancel now or no?
outlast123 wrote:aw is the war idiots still fights
DaviM12

Postby Im_a_merchant » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:11 pm

I beleive Terraria has this.

Yea, its just like you wear gear and then if you want to wear cooler looking guild with worse stats you can put the cooler looking armor with bad stats in your vanity slots so it would look like you were wearing the cool gear but you would we getting the stats from whatever is actually equiped (not in vanity)

Example: If I wanted to wear a future set, but the stats of it were too low for me, I would keep my phantom set on, and put the future set into the Vanity spots. It would look like I was wearing future, but I would have the stats that I have now with phantom.
Im_a_merchant

Postby Mariofan1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:37 pm

DaviM12 wrote:
Mariofan1 wrote:Uhm... vanity? I've never heard that in any mmo ever

Basically it's a equipment you wear in a separate window.
You equip your useful equipment (cyro stuff, skull gun) in the "main" equipment window and there's a vanity window that gets priority over the "main" window on the visual so you can dress up with stuff (so if you equipped a atomic set and a skull gun on the "main" window and a superhero shirt, jeans and a blue beanie on the vanity window you'll get the atomic set's stats while having the look of the vanity items. Shoes and weapon are unchanged because they aren't equipped in vanity, so you still have visible atomic shoes and a skull gun as well)

!Vanity equipment does not give additional stats, they are for looks only!

Oh, I think I understand, do you mean like
A golden cloak over your whole set, or something? I kinda see where you're coming from
~Supporrrrrrrrrrrrrrt
Mariofan1

Postby RaptorZ7 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Ah.
S'port.
Emperor guild sig

Duck Cavalry sig
RaptorZ7

Postby Krobeus » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:34 pm

I do not like this idea; being able to grind prots while wearing truly rubbish nubby quipment is an achievement I worked for, paid for, and am very proud of.
Krobeus "Better the devil you know than an angel you don't."
Selling Phantom Robe $2.4m.
Krobeus

Postby penhead » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:44 am

This is massively needed, having the ability to look how you want (personalisation) without it hindering your stats/abilities is what I look for in an (RP)Game.
Krobeus wrote:I do not like this idea; being able to grind prots while wearing truly rubbish nubby quipment is an achievement I worked for, paid for, and am very proud of.

I would like to see you [I challenge you to] kill a proteum with a lv1 weapon in an optimum time (say 10 seconds?). Not undermining your achievement it's just I'd prefer it being an actual option for everyone, not having to have such high stats that wearing low level gear doesn't hinder your gameplay.

You have to understand that this suggestion isn't implying that low level gear gains the stats of high level equips, you have to buy/acquire the better gear which you still have to keep equipped to gain the stat bonus , but it allows your character to be displaying whatever outfit you want.

I played Rift and that had the best vanity system I've come across and it'd be awesome if we could get that in HH. Basically, whenever you acquire a new equip (armour or weapon) you unlock its appearance in your 'wardrobe', your wardrobe is a collection of all the equipment appearances you have, which you can choose to wear as your visual/external character image. It also means that you don't have to keep the equip in your inventory to have it equipped as your wardrobe/vanity item, ex. You get a phantom hood; it unlocks the phantom hood look in the wardrobe; you then sell (or otherwise remove from your inventory) the hood, it's still unlocked in your wardrobe so you can still have it equipped in wardrobe/vanity(as opposed to having to fill your inventory with gear for the sake of vanity, namely my inventory is 3/4 full most of the time so it would save a lot of space for me personally). Wardrobe equipping does not add or reduce stats, it just saves the appearance of the equipment for your own vanity's sake, there is no downside. Just a question of time to code.

I'll be posting my suggestion of the Wardrobe Tab later on when I complete it, in another post cuz this is long enough
"In the end it doesn't even matter"
*credit to majconaaa for expertly posing*
penhead

Postby DaviM12 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Krobeus wrote:I do not like this idea; being able to grind prots while wearing truly rubbish nubby quipment is an achievement I worked for, paid for, and am very proud of.

Only reason why I use armor is because I'm a very special person that doesn't spam DEF to get where I want to. (VERY rare in this game, I actually think I'm the only one)
Also I challenge anyone to kill anything stronger than a beholder with level 1 weapon. Armor barely matters because the bonuses are a really small amount (for these people) and are additive, but weapons are a massive multiplier and are almost always worth to get as soon as you can

actually I kinda realized that you can just sit in front of your enemy and spam until it dies, but yeah, not practical

Main problem with this suggestion is how are people going to deal with the reduced inventory, you'd need payvault inventory to get to use this properly because vanity can take up to 5 inventory slots (helmet, armor, legs, shoes and accessory?)

penhead wrote:I played stuff and that had the best stuff

that sounds interesting
Though that might be hard to do
So lazy... maybe I could do a thing...

Cool epic quotes:
None wrote:new accounts can't PM coke to prevent crying babies like you
Teofiel122 wrote:"REGION UNVALABLE" is cancel now or no?
outlast123 wrote:aw is the war idiots still fights
DaviM12

Postby Im_a_merchant » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:59 pm

DaviM12 wrote:I challenge anyone to kill anything stronger than a beholder with level 1 weapon.

I think I kill beholders in like 3 shots with magic wand and reps with 8-12 hits :3
Im_a_merchant

Postby penhead » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:36 pm

DaviM12 wrote:
penhead wrote:I played stuff and that had the best stuff

that sounds interesting
Though that might be hard to do

I think it shouldn't be much more difficult than coding the Heropedia, as it goes by the same method of saving something. To explain, when you kill a monster it goes into your heropedia recording its data, likewise when you get an item it would go into your itempedia (aka wardrobe) so you can see it and wear it for vanity.
penhead

Postby asunafromsao » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:00 pm

this seems like a good idea, but i don't think it would work well for hh, especially with all the people who, like krobby, can or try to wear nooby gear while grinding stuff like reps and mags. also, if this was gonna happen, it definetly shouldnt be an option in pvp/gvg, as it can be misleading and nooby players who may not know about it would probably spam the forums talking about all the “hackers”. this does give me a few ideas, though. maybe there could be guild vanity, where you can turn it on and off. in guild events, you could have a helmet or something designed by the guildmaster. It could be useful for guild events.

OR, instead of guildmaster chosen armor, you could adopt ihasarchery's coloring idea, and have guildmaster pre-chosen guild colors. you chose 2 or 3 colors that would automatically change your armor/weapon colors. like I said in my previous idea, it would be an option that you could turn on and off.
Ign: Ruiskala Or SinisterPotatoe
asunafromsao

Postby penhead » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:23 pm

asunafromsao wrote:if this was gonna happen, it definetly shouldnt be an option in pvp/gvg, as it can be misleading and nooby players who may not know about it would probably spam the forums talking about all the “hackers”.

Not sure why you're singling out PvP cuz what's to stop noobs from making hacker accusation threads when seeing someone with noob gear but high stats outside of PvP / anywhere. While I believe there are people stupid enough to not be able to differentiate between a vanity equipper and a hacker type, I don't think this causes any new motif for "hacker accusation" than what already exists what with pet orbs and people already wearing nooby gear in and out of PvP. (Although the +def would be significantly higher I understand)
But in my version of the proposal I have taken counter measures to that problem.
penhead

Postby frostfang123 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:50 am

I Suggested this once too. lol like 2 years ago.
frostfang123

Return to Suggestions