Ability to turn off/on the swear filter

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Ability to turn off/on the swear filter

Postby SmilingFear » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:18 am

The swear filter annoys the hell out of me, and others I'm sure. We can't say simple words like "Japanese" and it just disrupts the overall smoothness of some conversations. I'd like to suggest that there be an option to turn the swear filter off/on. When you create a character, the swear filter would automatically be on the "on" setting but you could go to your options to disable it if you wish.
SmilingFear

Re: Ability to turn off/on the swear filter

Postby MentallyMIA » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:35 am

I support this 100%

The swear filter can be quite awkward at times.

Tell someone, "Don't h***d all the stuff."
"Don't hoard all the stuff."

This would be an awesome option in an expanded settings menu.

Speaking of settings... it would be nice if the game would remember my settings too so I don't have to change them all before I log in every time...
MentallyMIA

Postby robby » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:59 am

Hmm, I'm not sure i'll be making any features to turn the swear filter off, but if you do want to list any more words that shouldn't be getting bleeped out that are, I can definitely fix that.
robby
Site Admin

Postby Mariofan1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:30 am

robby wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure i'll be making any features to turn the swear filter off, but if you do want to list any more words that shouldn't be getting bleeped out that are, I can definitely fix that.

cucumber

:P
Mariofan1

Postby fallenangel » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:51 pm

SmilingFear wrote:The swear filter annoys the hell out of me, and others I'm sure. We can't say simple words like "Japanese" and it just disrupts the overall smoothness of some conversations. I'd like to suggest that there be an option to turn the swear filter off/on. When you create a character, the swear filter would automatically be on the "on" setting but you could go to your options to disable it if you wish.

i agree i was playing and a player pmd me asking me where i lived
i said i was japanese and lived in japan and the swear filter anoyed the crap out of me
the thing about japan and being japanese is a lie

shell is also censord my friend was asking me wut my fav food is and i said stuffed shells it shells was censored

please ignore my spelling errors

SHELL
and
SHELLS
Credits to miso
please give a damn (click signature)
Spoiler: show

If I could kill you, I would
But it's frowned upon in all fifty states
Having said that, burn in hell!
fallenangel

Location: The land of invisible blue unicorns where it rains nutella daily

Postby itblobboy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Support, regardless of how this may get in the way of other projects.

The same with improvements to the ignore system, even if you're game is in beta, the beta testers do NOT enjoy the offensive beggars in huge quantity rampaging the game.

Most of your work should go into game improvements on a gameplay (not social/pleasing), but for goodness sake, put a bit of effort into these two things. Come on, man. The setback will be minor and the approval of the addition will be astonishingly high, players WILL NOT MIND THE OPTION. :)
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby HadesRules » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:15 pm

basement :lol:
HadesRules

Postby 404 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:13 pm

robby wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure i'll be making any features to turn the swear filter off, but if you do want to list any more words that shouldn't be getting bleeped out that are, I can definitely fix that.

Your regex filters for the swearing are quite messed up Rob. I submitted a thread about this a while ago (don't remember if it got seen by you) but it's censoring words like "basement" because it contains the word "semen".

With some regex modifications, you should be able to make it where we can say words that contain naughty words, but if we say things like "semen" or "f***", it gets censored properly.

Sadly, I don't know how to use regex filters, so yeah.
                   ImageImage Image

Postby SlayerBlade » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:50 pm

I say we need an on/off switch for it. aside from words we know for a fact are swears like the F word, S word, and bastard. Innocent words like cucumber, and sexy which are not really dirty at all, are victimized. The more you censor, well you just might as well not even let us talk to anyone period. Why have a chat system if you can't talk.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
SlayerBlade

Return to Suggestions