A new way to interact with players

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

A new way to interact with players

Postby JK1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:28 am

I think it would be good if there was extra features to build on the person to person interactive side of HH. The main idea I had in mind to start off with was an item that you could purchase sort of like the alarm clock(or even loot) that allowed you to cause and receive damage from another player within the regions outside PVP, either for a set period of time or until one person kills the other.

It would give players a way to react to loot thiefs, kill stealers, trolls and even pesky noobs nagging for free stuff. Disagreements would no longer just be petty somewhat interesting arguments but violent entertaining fights. It would give a whole new relevance to the guild system (potentially a similar item that works on GvG basis) and would bring about true purpose for joining a guild with gang violence erupting all over Fairyland. Not to mention people wouldn't just look at Jerek and the other leader board players stats with amazement but treat them with respectful fear (at the thought of him hunting them down).

Just imagine your grinding away yetis, goo cubes or pumpkins and then all of sudden someone picks up someone else's item and instead of a brief censored text argument and back to grinding... All hell breaks loose and world war 2.66 breaks off in between a level 100 player and two level 70's.
JK1

Re: A new way to interact with players

Postby robby » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:52 am

This is a pretty cool idea that I've actually thought about. I thought about making it a Payvault item too. I think this is a cool idea but would also have a lot of problems and could be used to annoy players super super bad. Especially if people were attacking other players anywhere, and when they had alot of money on them. So I think it's a cool idea, but an idea that would have to have ALOT of thought put into it so that it would be implemented in a way that wouldn't ruin the game for people at the same time. I think it would be tricky finding a way to do that.
robby
Site Admin

Postby Gret » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:57 am

I always liked this idea but it would have too many flaws I think. Someone could have just spent $100 in the Payvault on tons of cash, just to have someone kill them and take half of it. People would just stock on up tons of them too, and you would never be able to train in peace without getting attacked. Maybe a duel system could work though, where you challenge someone who is getting on your nerves and bet an amount of money on who will win, and you can only hurt each other.
Gret

Postby JK1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:28 am

I thought of that aspect of it as well and came up with several solutions;
1.Make item harder to obtain by either;
a)Selling for a higher price, say 3k so it isn't practical to over use it against other players (with the fault it excludes lower level players from its use)
b)only make available through loot drop/pay vault from all monsters with relatively low drop rate, with added benefit of making it a desirable trade item (with the downside of having to balance between making it too readily available and drop too little to properly implement feature)
2.Regulate over use between two players either by;
a) a cool down time for multiple uses against a single player
b) making each attack more expensive against the same player. The expense could be reset every day(could be implemented as an option like add or report when clicking on a player instead of as an item)
3.Change the result of killing someone;
a)you could remove gold drop
b)whoever dies in the battle could be turned into a ghost for a period of time in the particular area unable to pick up items attack things or talk but still able to navigate. This would obviously need to be for a set time. It would also work quite well for GvG battles(could be open for abuse by higher level players who want an area to themselves)
4)You could open up the initiator to attack from all people present in the room but only allow them to attack the target.
5)It could be limited only to be used by guild members against other guild members.
6)You could implement safe areas where it cant be used allowing people being targeted to escape from it.
JK1

Postby Dosko » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 pm

JK1 wrote:1.Make item harder to obtain by either;
a)Selling for a higher price, say 3k so it isn't practical to over use it against other players (with the fault it excludes lower level players from its use)
b)only make available through loot drop/pay vault from all monsters with relatively low drop rate, with added benefit of making it a desirable trade item (with the downside of having to balance between making it too readily available and drop too little to properly implement feature)

I don't think this should be a trade-able item, simply for the reason that 3k may seem like a lot of money to some, but is essentially pocket-change for others, and multiples could STILL be bought and exploited quite easily. I can also see, however, how many people would see it as a complete slap in the face if it were to become a Payvault item (non-paying players become harassed by paying players, and Robby will feel pressure to legitimize the rights of those who pay over those who don't)

JK1 wrote:2.Regulate over use between two players either by;
a) a cool down time for multiple uses against a single player
b) making each attack more expensive against the same player. The expense could be reset every day(could be implemented as an option like add or report when clicking on a player instead of as an item)

I'm not sure how you might be able to make subsequent attacks more and more expensive, but it would certainly helpt to remove the potential for repeated abuse. A cool down time also seems like a very good idea to take care of this potential problem.

JK1 wrote:3.Change the result of killing someone;
a)you could remove gold drop
b)whoever dies in the battle could be turned into a ghost for a period of time in the particular area unable to pick up items attack things or talk but still able to navigate. This would obviously need to be for a set time. It would also work quite well for GvG battles(could be open for abuse by higher level players who want an area to themselves)

Again, great suggestions. Having players simply die and leave the area (while losing 50% of their gold) seems extreme, especially when it's something they can't forsee or agree to. But turning into a ghost for a minute or two isn't that big a deal, and it definitely deters loot thieves.

JK1 wrote:5)It could be limited only to be used by guild members against other guild members.

What if you're having your loot taken by someone not in your Guild?

JK1 wrote:6)You could implement safe areas where it cant be used allowing people being targeted to escape from it.

If there are ANY safe areas, they need to be in places where monsters and loot are not/cannot be present, like town/shop areas. Otherwise it defeats the entire purpose of this thing.
Dosko

Postby Dosko » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:30 pm

My biggest worry with a proposition like this, however, is the potential for high level players to harass low level players, without the low level players really being able to do anything back to abusing high level players. Given the current settings for PvP, anyone who's about 30-40 levels below somebody using this kind of item doesn't stand a chance against somebody who's just attacking low level players just to be a troll.
Dosko

Postby Wall » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:06 am

There are a lot of level 70s who are trolls and beginners player won't have a chance to progress since people will just use the item to kill people in the low level area. That will make most of them rage quit and that will quickly reduce the population of players in the game and it will be even harder to make more people to play this game. The item will turn the whole game into a PVP area and that is the worst thing that can happen in MMORPG games.
Wall

Postby toolenduso » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:11 am

Yeah I'd be really worried about people abusing this. I think you'd get some high level people going and hanging out at the training grounds to kill noobs.

On top of that, it just sucks when you're training if you have to worry all the time that somebody is just going to kill you. Yes, it would add real danger to stealing somebody else's loot, but it would also give the ability to just eliminate people who are leveling up in the same area you so you get more kills.

I would be ok with this if it was set up in such a way that all players involved would have to agree to it -- basically just extending the PvP ability to the entire map. It wouldn't address the OP's ideas, but it would at least give people the option.
toolenduso

Postby itblobboy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:55 am

I can't say I support this. Sorry, i'm not liking the idea at all though.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Jerek » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:36 am

I agree there is a great chance that this would be abused but if you could find a solution to make this possible I would support it. There is no end of frustration that comes from a low level sneaking into a high level area following you and picking up all of your loot. I am at the point where I am about to start sending monsters into anyone that comes into a room I'm farming in.
"Stand by your glasses steady and drink to your comrade's eyes.
Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."
Jerek

Postby Zeus » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:26 am

That's my idea:

It would be cool if there was a button like "Challenge", or "Duel" when you click on some player and then the player get a message like:
"AAAA challenged you, do you accept the duel?" Ok this message kind of sucks, but you know what I mean.
And on the duel, if someone teleports to another area they would lose the duel. A bet thing would be awesome as well, like, you could bet 100, 200, 300.. on yourself, and if you win the duel (kill the player) you'd get the amount you bet from the other player.
This would make the game a bit more competitive imo.

Yeah I'm not so good to explain but I hope you guys understand. What do you think?
Zeus

Postby itblobboy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:00 am

I like Zeus's system a lot.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Gret » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:41 am

Zeus wrote:That's my idea:

It would be cool if there was a button like "Challenge", or "Duel" when you click on some player and then the player get a message like:
"AAAA challenged you, do you accept the duel?" Ok this message kind of sucks, but you know what I mean.
And on the duel, if someone teleports to another area they would lose the duel. A bet thing would be awesome as well, like, you could bet 100, 200, 300.. on yourself, and if you win the duel (kill the player) you'd get the amount you bet from the other player.
This would make the game a bit more competitive imo.

Yeah I'm not so good to explain but I hope you guys understand. What do you think?

Yeah, that's what I was saying in my post above. I think this would be sweet. 8-)
Gret

Postby Gregore » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:48 pm

The duel idea is cool.

One problem with general punitive action against looters is that it's not always possible to tell if someone's really looting. I don't know if your experience is like mine, but where another player is actually located on the screen doesn't always track. Thus, it's sometimes difficult to tell who killed what.
As a side note, if there were to be one bug fixed in this game, I think assynchronicity should be it. It's very difficult to interact with other players if you can't tell where they are.
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby Jerek » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:24 pm

I was thinking about a way to incorporate JK1's idea without it being abused. I think I may have a solution. I think this could be done since we have shared xp now. "Duel's" lets call them for argument sake, will only activate if 2 different players attack the same monster and the monster is alive.
If 1 player leaves or monster dies then duel deactivates. Now this sounds tricky to program in but if it can be done, if high levels go into training areas and hit monsters then most likely they'll be one shot killed so low levels won't have anything to fear. If higher levels try to be cute and use a weapon they're not skilled in they'll only hit for 1 or if they try to swap weapons again then there will be a gap in time to allow the low level to finish off his monster or escape.
Now if a low level enters an area he should not be in and tries to steal xp or even kill someone he thinks is afk, well we uppers will finally be able to retaliate. I also think this style may take some of the boring out of grinding and bring a little courtesy back when 2 people are farming the same room.
"Stand by your glasses steady and drink to your comrade's eyes.
Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."
Jerek

Postby Dosko » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 pm

I support the above suggestion.
Dosko

Postby JK1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:03 am

Jerek personally I think that idea is perfect for it, that's the sort of thing I was trying to come up with but couldn't figure it out. It's been bugging me that much that if it actually gets added to the game a book of your choice is coming your way. It covers the aspects of why I thought a feature like this would be good, make the game more challenging, interesting and interactive. Also to remove a lot of the trolling/loot thieving taking place.

I was thinking on the idea and it would be cool if challenged monsters had a more lucrative loot drop as well like say you increased the odds of loot dropping on them. I also think it would be cool to lock the loot drop to only players that hit the monster, you could also think of making coins automatically go to the killer of the monster opposed to being dropped on the ground.

I think the synchronization of players would probably need to be improved to fully implement this as a feature, although this would still work just not as well as the game is now.
JK1

Postby JK1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:10 am

If it is implemented you could look at setting it up so that guild members automatically align on each others side and figure out a way to evenly distribute loot/coin amongst them like with experience share. This would also encourage people as a guild to band together and take on more challenging monsters/payers as a group.
JK1

Postby Zeus » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:41 am

JK1 wrote:you could also think of making coins automatically go to the killer of the monster opposed to being dropped on the ground.

I think the synchronization of players would probably need to be improved to fully implement this as a feature, although this would still work just not as well as the game is now.

JK1 wrote:If it is implemented you could look at setting it up so that guild members automatically align on each others side and figure out a way to evenly distribute loot/coin amongst them like with experience share. This would also encourage people as a guild to band together and take on more challenging monsters/payers as a group.

I support this ^
Dunno about the rest :s
Zeus

Postby itblobboy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:50 am

Ehhh... I'm still not liking it :| . I am gonna stick with Zeus's first posted system in my opinion. I also support the other things he supports in the above post... We appear very like-minded on this topic lol
itblobboy

Postby SurveyCorps36 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:47 pm

i made on of the oldest topics first XD
SurveyCorps36

Postby Skylox » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:42 pm

Why did you bump, pvp server is already a thing
Skylox

Return to Suggestions