Crafting Books

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Crafting Books

Postby Napoleon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:10 pm

There should be more than one way to get books, simply put.

Here's what I'm thinking: You can craft books with a collection of wood and normal fishes.

For example:
1 range book=3 clippers and 3 colored wood, or 4 slivers and 2 junk wood, etc.
1 skill book=2 shiny flippers and 3 thorn wood, etc.

This would basically give more motivation for people to craft and basically chop down those lonely trees and use those isolated normal fishes. And it would give normal fishes a role.
Animal Farm will rise.
Napoleon
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:14 pm
Location: Animal Farm's Secret HQ

Re: Crafting Books

Postby MisoSoup247 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:19 pm

Good idea but I think it should be a little bit harder to craft books.
User avatar
MisoSoup247
 
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:45 am

Re: Crafting Books

Postby lolman3o3 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:33 am

MisoSoup247 wrote:Good idea but I think it should be a little bit harder to craft books.

no.
User avatar
lolman3o3
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: finding seeds

Re: Crafting Books

Postby digaran » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:43 am

MisoSoup247 wrote:Good idea but I think it should be a little bit harder to craft books.


agreed




with the sarcasm
Nope still doesn't feel like it.
User avatar
digaran
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:51 am

Re: Crafting Books

Postby Lightdefender » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:44 pm

This idea was suggested.

Another similar idea was to be able to loot blank books and convert them to the type of books you want. It never came true...
Lightdefender
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 am
Location: HEAVEN

Re: Crafting Books

Postby Napoleon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:22 pm

Lightdefender wrote:This idea was suggested.

Another similar idea was to be able to loot blank books and convert them to the type of books you want. It never came true...

I don't recall it ever being suggested. I remember the blank books one, but that idea isn't that similar to this one. This one is literally crafting books. That one is just basically converting blank books into real books.
Animal Farm will rise.
Napoleon
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:14 pm
Location: Animal Farm's Secret HQ

Re: Crafting Books

Postby Lightdefender » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Napoleon wrote:
Lightdefender wrote:This idea was suggested.

Another similar idea was to be able to loot blank books and convert them to the type of books you want. It never came true...

I don't recall it ever being suggested. I remember the blank books one, but that idea isn't that similar to this one. This one is literally crafting books. That one is just basically converting blank books into real books.

I can't even be sure. :D anyway, good luck with your idea.
Lightdefender
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 am
Location: HEAVEN

Re: Crafting Books

Postby itblobboy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Lightdefender wrote:I can't even be sure. :D anyway, good luck with your idea.


You seemed awfully confident when you said it was already suggested.

Anyway, I agree with miso - craftable books should be hard to craft.
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
User avatar
itblobboy
 
Posts: 9221
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Re: Crafting Books

Postby Lightdefender » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:37 pm

itblobboy wrote:
Lightdefender wrote:I can't even be sure. :D anyway, good luck with your idea.


You seemed awfully confident when you said it was already suggested.

Anyway, I agree with miso - craftable books should be hard to craft.


My brain told me that i'd seen this idea before when I first read this post. But no worry. I will check.
Lightdefender
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 am
Location: HEAVEN

Re: Crafting Books

Postby Lightdefender » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:41 pm

Just confirmed the originality of this idea. Nice job on creating this.
Lightdefender
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 am
Location: HEAVEN

Re: Crafting Books

Postby Stabber » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:17 am

I like this idea.

It could be a small recipe-ex. 2 or 3 logs of a certain type (Depending on the tree/how rare they are). But it would make it difficult for players to simply buy hundreds of books at a time, especially when it is cheaper to buy books than to buy new gear.
User avatar
Stabber
 
Posts: 973
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: Crafting Books

Postby Napoleon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:47 am

Stabber wrote:I like this idea.

It could be a small recipe-ex. 2 or 3 logs of a certain type (Depending on the tree/how rare they are). But it would make it difficult for players to simply buy hundreds of books at a time, especially when it is cheaper to buy books than to buy new gear.

Basically, this is simply a method of getting books without grinding monsters for money. So you'll have to get books one at a time, but that and your chopping level+your fishing level will really start to build up over time.

Also, yes, it should be hard to get, but the amount to craft wood shouldn't be more than 35k is my reasoning. So, something like 5 or 6 wood and a few normal fishes should work.
Animal Farm will rise.
Napoleon
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:14 pm
Location: Animal Farm's Secret HQ

Re: Crafting Books

Postby isa467 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:24 am

digaran wrote:
MisoSoup247 wrote:Good idea but I think it should be a little bit harder to craft books.


agreed




with the sarcasm




agreed too here


with the sarcasm like dig
Image
Credits to Lightnings_Fury
isa467
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:49 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Crafting Books

Postby WARRIOR_TANK » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:09 am

so your idea is to make book craftable and removing the current readymade books?

or you are suggesting to keep both ways... while craftable books cost 35k and readymade cost 55k
Image
IGN- SNIPER_MAGE
WARRIOR_TANK
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:05 am

Re: Crafting Books

Postby Napoleon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:57 am

WARRIOR_TANK wrote:so your idea is to make book craftable and removing the current readymade books?

or you are suggesting to keep both ways... while craftable books cost 35k and readymade cost 55k

Both ways, of course. Otherwise, it'd be a pain.
Animal Farm will rise.
Napoleon
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:14 pm
Location: Animal Farm's Secret HQ

Re: Crafting Books

Postby WARRIOR_TANK » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:16 am

Napoleon wrote:
WARRIOR_TANK wrote:so your idea is to make book craftable and removing the current readymade books?

or you are suggesting to keep both ways... while craftable books cost 35k and readymade cost 55k

Both ways, of course. Otherwise, it'd be a pain.


Nice it will encourage people to do more fishing/chopping
Image
IGN- SNIPER_MAGE
WARRIOR_TANK
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:05 am


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron