Page 1 of 2

Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:30 am
by Pluui
Can we PLEASE have some kind of level restrictions on each of the zones? I know this is going to make it harder for mules, but it also seems like this would fix the problem of low level players looting, and the new'ish problem of people making throw-away accounts to use that moving dead body trick to loot or use the auto-looting hack

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:38 am
by MajesticOne
I'm with Plu, and make Kreetus Lair 250+ :lol:

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:40 am
by Pluui
I would actually err on the side of caution with making the levels too high because of how high the stats can get without leveling, but it seems there needs to be some kind of restriction in place to stop the absolute barrage of constant harassment

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:54 am
by Lycanblade
support

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:07 pm
by itblobboy
Oh my goodness, this has been suggested long ago, and I say: no. No!


Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:20 pm
by Pluui
but you don't give any: reasons. Reasons!

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:33 pm
by itblobboy
Pluui wrote:but you don't give any: reasons. Reasons!


Oh, sorry. Let me elaborate.

And THAT'S why. Okay?

As you can tell by my detailed analysis of all the things I want to tell you about why I say no, I thoroughly care about why other people think I believe one thing or the other on this subject.

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:39 pm
by I_am_a_Merchant
no just because alts wouldnt work and ticket buyers with god like stats would be pretty screwed.

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:46 pm
by MajesticOne
Make the restriction extremely low. Like Proteums lvl req is 100

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:34 pm
by Pluui
MajesticOne wrote:Make the restriction extremely low. Like Proteums lvl req is 100


This is what I was going for

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:16 pm
by SOUL_SLAYER
Support. Support!

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:18 pm
by MisoSoup247
Support and I also have another idea, there needs to be a level restriction of at least lvl 10 for sending pm's to another player. I'll probably make another thread for this idea and my reasoning.

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:45 pm
by Naruto
Hmmm, I don't know about this one. On one hand, you have the earnest noobs who don't have any ill intent when traversing an area, they're just there to see the sights and get their butts handed back to them when they try to attack the big monsters.

The root cause of your problem is players who are using the dead body able to loot items hack and stealing all your hard earned loot. The ideal way to solve this problem would be to figure out how the script for that works and patch it so that those players can't use it.

Implementing a map wide level restriction seems to be a heavy handed way of dealing with this problem, kind of how like it would be best to country ban the Philippines since that's where most of the hacks come from but it would be unfair to the players that don't hack in that country, similar how it would be unfair to the low levels that don't use the dead body loot hack but only want to explore an area.

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:51 pm
by Tartarus1876
Naruto wrote:Hmmm, I don't know about this one. On one hand, you have the earnest noobs who don't have any ill intent when traversing an area, they're just there to see the sights and get their butts handed back to them when they try to attack the big monsters.

The root cause of your problem is players who are using the dead body able to loot items hack and stealing all your hard earned loot. The ideal way to solve this problem would be to figure out how the script for that works and patch it so that those players can't use it.

Implementing a map wide level restriction seems to be a heavy handed way of dealing with this problem, kind of how like it would be best to country ban the Philippines since that's where most of the hacks come from but it would be unfair to the players that don't hack in that country, similar how it would be unfair to the low levels that don't use the dead body loot hack but only want to explore an area.

I have a few buddies who play HH and love going on adventures to Kreetus Lair(not for money) but to actually see the kreetus before dying to a laser :D

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:22 pm
by Pluui
Naruto wrote:Hmmm, I don't know about this one. On one hand, you have the earnest noobs who don't have any ill intent when traversing an area, they're just there to see the sights and get their butts handed back to them when they try to attack the big monsters.

The root cause of your problem is players who are using the dead body able to loot items hack and stealing all your hard earned loot. The ideal way to solve this problem would be to figure out how the script for that works and patch it so that those players can't use it.

Implementing a map wide level restriction seems to be a heavy handed way of dealing with this problem, kind of how like it would be best to country ban the Philippines since that's where most of the hacks come from but it would be unfair to the players that don't hack in that country, similar how it would be unfair to the low levels that don't use the dead body loot hack but only want to explore an area.


That is definitely one of the problems this would fix, but, as addressed in the OP, this would also address the harassment problem from the absolute deluge of low level players strictly begging for items. The really funny beggars are the ones that do the dead-loot hack AND beg for items at the same time :P

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:32 am
by Jadon14
I disagree. I often Go places I shouldn't be with friends. And what if someone was level 90 but Grinded in Stalkers?

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:35 am
by frostfang123
NO. i wanted to boost my GF's account at Beholders.. she said she hates green bouncers,

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:32 am
by Lycanblade
for the op nubs thing, there could be a boss for every area that u first enter that u need to beat to go to.
for the alts and weak ppl who need to be boosted, there could be a thing where you type in your main or something who has defeated the boss there, and then if ur ip's, which will be checked, r the same, then you could be let through...only prob i can see with this is internet shops and stuff

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:49 am
by Alex2801
Lycanblade wrote:for the op nubs thing, there could be a boss for every area that u first enter that u need to beat to go to.
for the alts and weak ppl who need to be boosted, there could be a thing where you type in your main or something who has defeated the boss there, and then if ur ip's, which will be checked, r the same, then you could be let through...only prob i can see with this is internet shops and stuff

I think the game is fine the way it is on this topic

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:40 am
by Lightdefender
Why is this idea brought up again? I just don't understand.

People deserve the right to go where they want. Levels don't matter. But for Miso's idea, I understand his intention to stop the pm spam. It is not necessary though.

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:52 pm
by digaran
Lightdefender wrote:Why is this idea brought up again? I just don't understand.

People deserve the right to go where they want. Levels don't matter. But for Miso's idea, I understand his intention to stop the pm spam. It is not necessary though.


not necessary? it is in an extreme urge
i do not want any player lower than level 100 to be able to pm me in game
i have to remove 300 and sometimes 400 players from my enemy list and all are lower than 100
most lvl 1 to 45
22 to 96
and just never ends

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:49 pm
by Lycanblade
lets all beg him for 24 hours to show him how necessary it is

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:39 pm
by Wesley1105
Lycanblade wrote:lets all beg him for 24 hours to show him how necessary it is

OO OO AH AH.
Translation:NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
THERE.
That will certainly help.

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:43 pm
by machstormer
sorry
NO SUPPORT

Re: Zone level restrictions

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:54 pm
by MisoSoup247
Lightdefender wrote:Why is this idea brought up again? I just don't understand.

People deserve the right to go where they want. Levels don't matter. But for Miso's idea, I understand his intention to stop the pm spam. It is not necessary though.

It is TOTALLY necessary, I can't tell if its just one coward or a whole platoon of cowards that are too scared to swear at me on their main account so they go through the trouble of making lvl 1 accounts every. single. time. :|