Zone level restrictions

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Zone level restrictions

Postby Pluui » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:30 am

Can we PLEASE have some kind of level restrictions on each of the zones? I know this is going to make it harder for mules, but it also seems like this would fix the problem of low level players looting, and the new'ish problem of people making throw-away accounts to use that moving dead body trick to loot or use the auto-looting hack
Pluui

Re: Zone level restrictions

Postby MajesticOne » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:38 am

I'm with Plu, and make Kreetus Lair 250+ :lol:
MajesticOne

Postby Pluui » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:40 am

I would actually err on the side of caution with making the levels too high because of how high the stats can get without leveling, but it seems there needs to be some kind of restriction in place to stop the absolute barrage of constant harassment
Pluui

Postby Lycanblade » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:54 am

support
ImageImage
Lycanblade

Location: That corner where I always go to cry...the one with hot blondes

Postby itblobboy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Oh my goodness, this has been suggested long ago, and I say: no. No!

Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Pluui » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:20 pm

but you don't give any: reasons. Reasons!
Pluui

Postby itblobboy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Pluui wrote:but you don't give any: reasons. Reasons!

Oh, sorry. Let me elaborate.

And THAT'S why. Okay?

As you can tell by my detailed analysis of all the things I want to tell you about why I say no, I thoroughly care about why other people think I believe one thing or the other on this subject.
Last edited by itblobboy on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby I_am_a_Merchant » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:39 pm

no just because alts wouldnt work and ticket buyers with god like stats would be pretty screwed.
IGN: I_am_a_Merchant
If you have any shiny fish or books for sale Click Here
I_am_a_Merchant

Postby MajesticOne » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Make the restriction extremely low. Like Proteums lvl req is 100
MajesticOne

Postby Pluui » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:34 pm

MajesticOne wrote:Make the restriction extremely low. Like Proteums lvl req is 100

This is what I was going for
Pluui

Postby SOUL_SLAYER » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Support. Support!
SOUL_SLAYER

Postby MisoSoup247 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Support and I also have another idea, there needs to be a level restriction of at least lvl 10 for sending pm's to another player. I'll probably make another thread for this idea and my reasoning.
MisoSoup247

Postby Naruto » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:45 pm

Hmmm, I don't know about this one. On one hand, you have the earnest noobs who don't have any ill intent when traversing an area, they're just there to see the sights and get their butts handed back to them when they try to attack the big monsters.

The root cause of your problem is players who are using the dead body able to loot items hack and stealing all your hard earned loot. The ideal way to solve this problem would be to figure out how the script for that works and patch it so that those players can't use it.

Implementing a map wide level restriction seems to be a heavy handed way of dealing with this problem, kind of how like it would be best to country ban the Philippines since that's where most of the hacks come from but it would be unfair to the players that don't hack in that country, similar how it would be unfair to the low levels that don't use the dead body loot hack but only want to explore an area.
Naruto

Postby Tartarus1876 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Naruto wrote:Hmmm, I don't know about this one. On one hand, you have the earnest noobs who don't have any ill intent when traversing an area, they're just there to see the sights and get their butts handed back to them when they try to attack the big monsters.

The root cause of your problem is players who are using the dead body able to loot items hack and stealing all your hard earned loot. The ideal way to solve this problem would be to figure out how the script for that works and patch it so that those players can't use it.

Implementing a map wide level restriction seems to be a heavy handed way of dealing with this problem, kind of how like it would be best to country ban the Philippines since that's where most of the hacks come from but it would be unfair to the players that don't hack in that country, similar how it would be unfair to the low levels that don't use the dead body loot hack but only want to explore an area.

I have a few buddies who play HH and love going on adventures to Kreetus Lair(not for money) but to actually see the kreetus before dying to a laser :D
"Darkness is able to erase minds and keep people ignorant for the better, the truth can hurt..." - Dark_Titan
Tartarus1876

Postby Pluui » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:22 pm

Naruto wrote:Hmmm, I don't know about this one. On one hand, you have the earnest noobs who don't have any ill intent when traversing an area, they're just there to see the sights and get their butts handed back to them when they try to attack the big monsters.

That is definitely one of the problems this would fix, but, as addressed in the OP, this would also address the harassment problem from the absolute deluge of low level players strictly begging for items. The really funny beggars are the ones that do the dead-loot hack AND beg for items at the same time :P
Pluui

Postby Jadon14 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:32 am

I disagree. I often Go places I shouldn't be with friends. And what if someone was level 90 but Grinded in Stalkers?
Jadon14

Postby frostfang123 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:35 am

NO. i wanted to boost my GF's account at Beholders.. she said she hates green bouncers,
frostfang123

Postby Lycanblade » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:32 am

for the op nubs thing, there could be a boss for every area that u first enter that u need to beat to go to.
for the alts and weak ppl who need to be boosted, there could be a thing where you type in your main or something who has defeated the boss there, and then if ur ip's, which will be checked, r the same, then you could be let through...only prob i can see with this is internet shops and stuff
ImageImage
Lycanblade

Postby Alex2801 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:49 am

Lycanblade wrote:for the op nubs thing, there could be a boss for every area that u first enter that u need to beat to go to.
for the alts and weak ppl who need to be boosted, there could be a thing where you type in your main or something who has defeated the boss there, and then if ur ip's, which will be checked, r the same, then you could be let through...only prob i can see with this is internet shops and stuff

I think the game is fine the way it is on this topic
Image DSS
Thanks to me for the revised sig!
Visit my tree service here! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34109
Alex2801

Postby Lightdefender » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:40 am

Why is this idea brought up again? I just don't understand.

People deserve the right to go where they want. Levels don't matter. But for Miso's idea, I understand his intention to stop the pm spam. It is not necessary though.
Lightdefender

Postby digaran » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Lightdefender wrote:Why is this idea brought up again? I just don't understand.

People deserve the right to go where they want. Levels don't matter. But for Miso's idea, I understand his intention to stop the pm spam. It is not necessary though.

not necessary? it is in an extreme urge
i do not want any player lower than level 100 to be able to pm me in game
i have to remove 300 and sometimes 400 players from my enemy list and all are lower than 100
most lvl 1 to 45
22 to 96
and just never ends
Nope still doesn't feel like it.
digaran

Postby Lycanblade » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:49 pm

lets all beg him for 24 hours to show him how necessary it is
ImageImage
Lycanblade

Postby Wesley1105 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:39 pm

Lycanblade wrote:lets all beg him for 24 hours to show him how necessary it is

OO OO AH AH.
Translation:NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
THERE.
That will certainly help.
Pvp Warlords are more Charming Than you think they are.
IGN:Wesley1105
Lvl:269
Wesley1105

Postby machstormer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:43 pm

sorry
NO SUPPORT
Image "The LAST thing I want to do is hurt you.......but it IS on my list" :twisted:
machstormer

Postby MisoSoup247 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:54 pm

Lightdefender wrote:Why is this idea brought up again? I just don't understand.

It is TOTALLY necessary, I can't tell if its just one coward or a whole platoon of cowards that are too scared to swear at me on their main account so they go through the trouble of making lvl 1 accounts every. single. time. :|
MisoSoup247

Next

Return to Suggestions