Idea regarding Killstealing

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Idea regarding Killstealing

Postby BranwenSwan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Hello all, and especially Robby.

I had an epiphany today while in robo land. I was seeing a lot of folks getting mad regarding kill stealing and loot thieves. I think someone had the idea to make the person who made the kill shot be the one to get the loot. Then I thought of the lower level players getting that last kill shot and stealing loot when someone else was getting more exp. My idea is that the player who got the most xp off the monster should get the loot. To me, that makes the most sense. They worked the hardest on killing the monster and should rightfully get the loot. Everyone gets experience and is able to level up, but the player who got the most experience off that monster would get the loot. The only time that this would be overridden is if the inventory slots were full up on the player with the most xp, then it could be a free for all. Just my thoughts.

What does everyone else think?
Branwen ("white raven") Swan, Celtic Warrior Goddess
BranwenSwan

Re: Idea regarding Killstealing

Postby Stabber » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:04 pm

We do need a 'soulbound loot' system, especially with the higher-level drops.
Stabber

Postby itblobboy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:34 pm

What if a higher level killsteals a lower level's goo cube and gets a death bringer drop? Just an example of a problem with this system.

if there was a system where if you hit a monster and for 2 seconds after a hit nobody else could hit it (every next hit will reset this 2 second cooldown) (plenty of time to hit spacebar again, maintaining the kill, while they can't tag it because they only have 2 seconds of protection) then there is no killstealing OR loostealing and everything is perfect.

EDIT FOR THOSE WHO DON'T READ MY POST FURTHER DOWN: I have an idea to solve that problem, Stabber! Simple, really... You can toggle 'Accept Aid' in options! This will allow others who have accept aid enabled to join you in combat! Disables kill-steal protection :mrgreen:

As of that, Greg, if they are a weaker player then they would get them self killed first wouldn't they? I'm not sure how to make a solution for this exactly, but I highly doubt this will be a major problem among players.
Last edited by itblobboy on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby Stabber » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:45 pm

That could be a problem however. Don't forget that this is a multiplayer game, and some monsters like goo cubes are meant to be tackled with multiple players.
Stabber

Postby Gregore » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Problem with that, Chief, is a weaker player might keep a monster in your path for an annoying amount of time. That can lead to your death if you're vulnerable.
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Already talked about this. I gave this idea, but it has its turn arounds. What if a lower level is attack a block bot at 80 damage a hit? And some high level comes in and hits two criticals of 800+. What about then?
RoySamuels

Postby BranwenSwan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:25 pm

RoySamuels wrote:Already talked about this. I gave this idea, but it has its turn arounds. What if a lower level is attack a block bot at 80 damage a hit? And some high level comes in and hits two criticals of 800+. What about then?

It would still come down to damage percentage. If the higher level player comes in and gets more percent damage, then they rightfully get the kill. I understand that lower level players want good drops, but you have to know your limits. Just my thoughts.
Branwen ("white raven") Swan, Celtic Warrior Goddess
BranwenSwan

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:33 pm

BranwenSwan wrote:
RoySamuels wrote:Already talked about this. I gave this idea, but it has its turn arounds. What if a lower level is attack a block bot at 80 damage a hit? And some high level comes in and hits two criticals of 800+. What about then?

It would still come down to damage percentage. If the higher level player comes in and gets more percent damage, then they rightfully get the kill. I understand that lower level players want good drops, but you have to know your limits. Just my thoughts.

Then honestly fairness is really not distributed. I really want to know what Robby's thoughts are about this.
RoySamuels

Postby Gret » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Lots of people have been saying this for awhile, Robby knows and is getting to it eventually. It would probably just be whoever does the most damage gets the kill. That's about as fair as it gets, whether it's a high-level player KSing a noob or not. :?
Gret

Postby itblobboy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:36 pm

I have an idea to solve that problem, Stabber! Simple, really... You can toggle 'Accept Aid' in options! This will allow others who have accept aid enabled to join you in combat! Disables kill-steal protection :mrgreen:
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby unamoosed » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:12 pm

itblobboy wrote:I have an idea to solve that problem, Stabber! Simple, really... You can toggle 'Accept Aid' in options! This will allow others who have accept aid enabled to join you in combat! Disables kill-steal protection :mrgreen:

That sounds AMAZING.
unamoosed

Return to Suggestions