Payvault for guilds

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Payvault for guilds

Postby Contressa » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Hello! I have been thinking for awhile now that the pay-vault should be expanded to our guilds. Being the owner of a HOF guild, i would love to give my members as many perks as possible. I have bought everything I've wanted to out of the payvault, i have spare money, and i love this game. Robby, im asking you to give me a reason to put more money into this game. I know there will be some nay-sayers, but they are going to be the people that aren't using the payvault anyways. I haven't put alot of thought into what the perks should be, but here are a few suggestions off the top of my head:

1) 10-15% increased chance of a rare item drop from a monster (something like that..)
2) Ability to turn xp sharing on and off
3) The ability to teliport members of guilds areas, if they so request.
4) Ability to xp share with whole guild, regardless of if guildies are in the same room or not. (This may not be a great item.. just snowballing here)
5) Ability to add ranks to guilds, that allow more privilege to more seasoned members

These are just a few suggestions, but i would certainly be willing to spend some money on this, even if it cost more than individual pay-vault perks. To make things easier, i think other members of the guild should be able to contribute to the payvault, if they so choose. For example, my guild is co-owned, so it would make things alot easier. Anyways, just my 2 cents. Interested in any ideas.
Contressa

Re: Payvault for guilds

Postby RoySamuels » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:13 pm

1. No, even if it was for the entire guild, this is super OP and the money you can accumulate after 20 minutes in Stalkers would be high.
2. No, even if it was for the ENTIRE guild whether it was in the same room or not.
3. Noooooo. Defeats the purpose of the teleport item in the payvault.
4. Ehh. Maybe.
5. Yeeeaassss!
RoySamuels

Postby itblobboy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:48 am

Meh, maybe the 4th one for payvault.

2 should be for everyone to choose.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby bloodstrikez » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Sorry but all no.
1. unfair to guildless players.
2. Pointless and for self-centered players only.
3. Defeats the purpose of the teleport item in the payvault.
4. Afk forever and you get xp without doing anything. So no.
5. Nothing special, better as a open-feature for all the communities, wasted as a pay-vault item only, not worth it.

I'm surprised no one suggests something like increase member slots to 50-60, however, the current guild ranking system is based on level, so.. we need to change that first to something more fair.. Frankly, to be honest, i hate this type of ranking system, newbies will have no where to go and they are the ones who will be most likely be kicked out first, most guilds prefer to recruit high level players only, all because they want to get into ranking, same goes with the loot-steal skill and the loot system, it doesn't improve relationship in the community, there are too much single-player "elements" in this game.
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez

Postby Contressa » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:29 am

YES!! I'm so with being able to buy more slots for your guild, that would be amazing.
Contressa

Postby robby » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:17 pm

There will be some guild related payvault at some point. Not sure if it will make it into the big upcoming up date or not, but it will happen. Probably things like "guild teleport" and "guild resale". If you purchase it, it will apply to all members currently in your guild. Obviously because of this, it won't be cheap. But I do plan to add some stuff like this.
robby
Site Admin

Postby bloodstrikez » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:14 am

wow.. Are you sure? No offense, robby but think through this, if certain guild have an advantage over others, people will be joining for the benefits, less for the social reasons, I find it quite meaningless. Seriously.. keep in the mind, this game is still in beta, we know you are just an one guy working on this game, we appreciate and salute you for this but here's the thing, you got a good game but it's not that great, furthermore, i noticed the concept of this game is going nowhere and almost everything is revolved around payvault, although it doesn't seem much, in the long-term, you do realise it affects the game and the direction it's going.. Very disappointed.
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez

Postby Revivified » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Coming from a business background -- but probably an unfavorable player viewpoint -- I do not think "Guild Teleport" or "Guild Resale" are good options for the Payvault. This will lead to cannibalization of the existing "Teleport" and "60% Resale" options, not to mention it may negatively impact the customer satisfaction for any individual that has already purchased these items. Even if the prices for "Guild Teleport" and "Guild Resale" are increased to $50+ USD (in Tickets) to compensate for the fact that they are guild-wide, there will still be a large loss of potential revenue. For example, many members appear to flock to a few select, large guilds (such as the ones listed on the top 5), as these guilds are always at or near the 40 member limitation. Assuming the top 5 guilds purchase "Guild Teleport" at approximately $50, that will equate to ONLY ~$50 * 5 = ~$250, or the cost of 25 players purchasing the existing "Teleport" when you could potentially have everyone in the top 5 guilds individually purchasing "Teleport:" $10 * (5 guilds * 40 members) = $2,000. Revenue is needed to cover expenses.

I do suggest adding both a temporary guild-wide experience buff and a guild-wide drop rate buff to the Payvault (note: these do not behave like the current guild experience share, they simply activate for anyone in the guild). I am talking 2% or so -- nothing game breaking or heavily pay-to-win. This way, players are still granted the opportunity to support their guild. Perhaps a basic symbol can even appear on all flags of guild members when one of these is active.

Here's an example of how the proposed guild-wide experience buff would work for an individual within a guild when slaying a Sasquatch that normally provides 114 experience:

114 exp + (114 exp* .02 buff) = 116.28 total experience gained
Revivified

Postby itblobboy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:54 am

robby wrote:There will be some guild related payvault at some point. Not sure if it will make it into the big upcoming up date or not, but it will happen. Probably things like "guild teleport" and "guild resale". If you purchase it, it will apply to all members currently in your guild. Obviously because of this, it won't be cheap. But I do plan to add some stuff like this.

Not sure if those in particular are a very good idea... I don't see this helping the community or payvault purchases well, Because nobody will really get area teleport or resale because they can just join a guild and do all these things. Revivified has a pretty good point.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Gregore » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:05 pm

Let guilds buy real estate. Something, possibly simple- duplicates of existing rooms they can purchase for their proprietary use. Charge per room (monster type.) That'll get you some cash and not render invalid any existing purchase without giving a perception of unfair advatage (guild wide 60% would make it a requirement to compete- and make for less intra-guild interaction).
With Love,

Thanks be to JsBeforeBaes for greatest signature.
Gregore

Postby Contressa » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Gregore, I have also thought something like that would be an awesome awesome idea. My thoughts were something similar, like being able to purchase a room, then buying monsters to stock it with. Something like 600k for a night stalker spawn, a million for a beholder, and so on and so fourth. I think that would be amazing.
Contressa

Return to Suggestions