Archers

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Archers

Postby MrGJ » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Becoming number one archer recently, I'd like to say that range is worst class compared to other two. If we could get a boost at some point it would be really nice, maybe attack speed or something else. I dont care, something that would make it possible for archers to reach same damage capacity as other two classes, and i think anyone will agree that its really hard to lvl up being an archer. I am lvl 257 and that is top right now, so can we please get a boost of some sort that we can catch up with other two classes. Ideas are welcome. Robby if you read this, please give me your idea or reason or something.
MrGJ

Re: Archers

Postby itblobboy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:59 pm

Nerf range in half,

x1.8 damage,

Double attack speed potential.

That's what I suggest.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Phearsom » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi MrGJ,
MrGJ wrote:Becoming number one archer recently, I'd like to say that range is worst class compared to other two. If we could get a boost at some point it would be really nice, maybe attack speed or something else. I dont care, something that would make it possible for archers to reach same damage capacity as other two classes, and i think anyone will agree that its really hard to lvl up being an archer. I am lvl 257 and that is top right now, so can we please get a boost of some sort that we can catch up with other two classes. Ideas are welcome. Robby if you read this, please give me your idea or reason or something.

For now I found room hoping to be a great asset. But regardless I agree with you.

I was fortunate enough to chat with YL one day and asked him why the sudden change in class with an idea already in mind. It seem that mages and warriors are able to take on Carnelia without any issue at the level of 300 with the correct stats.

YL stated that even with the two buffs (Self and Guild rage) along with triple shot were not enough to take the boss down due to its high regen rate.

itblobboy wrote:Nerf range in half,

x1.8 damage,

Double attack speed potential.

That's what I suggest.

I would like to see increase in damage for each point in range as well along with a special skill for attack speed increase to keep up with damage output in certain zones.

Phearsom

"Fear and Loathing"
Last edited by Phearsom on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phearsom

Postby Phearsom » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Sorry blobboy it seems that when I tried to quote you it messed up; however, I restated my meaning in the text that follows.
Phearsom

Postby itblobboy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:04 pm

Solved.

This post now has no purpose.

CONGRATS! You found the secret message! Have a cookie! orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker
Last edited by itblobboy on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby RoySamuels » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:16 pm

I agree with you Phearsom. I have an archer account, but I quickly got over it because of how difficult it was to level up compared to the other two person types. I feel they definitely should be buffed a bit, but I also feel that an archers power attacks should be nerfed. With enough MP you can spam that attack where archers spew arrows all around their body in a semi-circle. This is extremely overpowered especially in PvP. I feel there should be a certain interval between the times you can use it. This is also a problem with mages. Their thunder attack is absurd. I think everyone will agree with me when I say Even Though Mages Had Their Nerfs A While Back, They Are Still Way Stronger Than Any Other Person Type. I have MULTIPLE friends that have switched to a magician because of its power. It is obvious as well that despite it being hard to level up for an archer, a warrior is the hardest class to be. Not only do we need to level up Strength, Dexterity, Defense, and now MP to a crazy amount to be considered "strong," but we also have to pay the highest amount for our armor. If archers are receiving a buff any time soon, I expect warriors to be buffed as well. One last thing that just REALLY makes me mad. The power attack in warriors is by far the worse of all three classes. Not only do you have to be in close range, but it is still glitched in PvP. Also, you can only hit one monster/person at a time, while the archer can spam in all directions, and magicians can do as well in SPECIFIC areas where people are. This is just so damn annoying I can't help but bring it up again. I'ma even bolden these couple of sentences to people will direct their attention here.
RoySamuels

Postby Phearsom » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:04 pm

I agree with you RoySamuel on the fact that archers with enough MP will be able to spam and kill the boss. To do so however will take points from the other stats though. As a warrior you already have to do more than the 2 main stats for archers and mages along with MP so I don't think that would be an issue.

I was talking with R3v3r3nd the other day when I saw him in pvp that warriors have to chase to kill. We discussed that maybe warriors should have an AoE.

1. He suggested a ground slam of some sort where debris will fly out to catch players not immediate in range.

2. I feel a charge ability or speed boost would benefit. A speed boost could be like a whirlwind ability that increase the speed of the warrior and allows him to do damage around him while leaving the walking and jumping intact. Of course the damage radius would be the length of the weapon in hand.

Having to chase down players only to have them TP away is quite annoying. I know I wasn't crapping my pants as I ran to the further side of the map at the same time frantically clicking on map to escape R3v3r3nd. :)

Phearsom

"Fear and Loathing"
Phearsom

Postby Y.L. » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:34 am

Personally I strongly dislike when people use PvP as comparison for each class. For now PvP is small part of this game and the bigger part of this game is leveling up and fighting monsters.
In my opinion Mages remain too overpowered, warriors are next and then quite a ways behind is archers.

Here are some ideas i have heard or thought of that could balance the character strengths out.

-Mages need a nerf
-Warriors need better special abilities
-Archers need a strength and speed attacking boost
Mages Nerf:
-I find it really unfair how no one can dodge lightning, it has 100% hit ratio unless the other person has avoidance. I think lightning should only have a 66.7% hit ratio or out of every 3 hits, only 2 actually do damage. and 1 misses.
-I also dont believe lightning should do as much damage as it does now. I think it needs to be nerfed down to 75% the amount of damage it does now, if not more.
-Another one is a 5 second cool down in between lightning attacks, to prevent spam and abuse of the special ability.
- Also think mages normal attack still needs a nerf, i am thinking about 60% instead of the 70% it is now.

Warrior Buff:
-As previously suggested range melee attacks. Any of these could be the warrior throwing their weapon, or other ideas previously mentioned.
-Shields. It is a shield meaning it should block some attacks, not just add to the defense. I think shields should have a 50/50 chance of blocking an attack completely from any player or monster.
- Power swing is actually very useful as r3v3r3nd has showed in its use and is one of the best special abilities there is. But there are some flaws with it. I feel that if a player uses power swing on any monster, there should be no chance of them missing the monster. Power attack should also have an effect of if it hits a monster or player and the player/monster does not die, they should be stunned and unable to move for a couple of seconds.

Archer Buff:
-One idea is adding an item exclusive to archers called a quiver. A quiver is an item used to hold arrows. The quiver could add a certain amount of damage to each arrow such as 10% per each arrow. It could kind of be an item like a shield. And for each player in a certain level area there would be a certain quiver type that adds certain strengths. Some of these might be magic arrows slowing down players/monsters, fire arrows adding 5% more damage, and etc.
-Archer special ability MP cost is outrageous for the amount of usefulness it is. To have to spend 14 MP just to shoot 3 arrows isnt that helpful. If anything the triple shot should be 8MP. Also the charged arrow barrage isnt very useful. You have to charge for a certain amount of time and then you shoot 4 arrows, while in the time i charge i can get off 4 arrows in the same amount of time without using 12MP.
-Charged arrow barrage should increase from 4 arrows to a minimum of 5 arrows. Reason explained above.
- You could increase the arrow damage by 25%.

Just a few ideas that i have heard or thought of. I dont know how this would exactly work or be incorporated in the game.
Y.L.

Postby Metalmorphosist » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:58 pm

I once was an archer, and switched to warrior due to this. Magician is VERY OP'ed. Archer is weak. Warrior has expensive gear. Every class has it's flaws. (Magicians get hated for the OP'ed specials) Oh, and I just noticed that half of all killstealers I've met are Magicians.
TRUST NO THOT
I have a pet named after me <3
Metalmorphosist

Postby bloodstrikez » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:55 pm

One word, cooldown. Every special abilities should have one.
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez

Postby red77 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Wow i agree I'm a Archer and i think that really the only good skill ability that archers have is the arrow rain attack, there really needs to be a archers buff up!!!!! :shock: ~MOO
red77

Return to Suggestions