Collective list of ideas (will edit and add suggestions)

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Collective list of ideas (will edit and add suggestions)

Postby SmilingFear » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:17 am

Here is a simple list of ideas that I could easily see improving the game.

Skill-related
"Shockwave" (Warrior) [Note: This skill would replace the broken "multi-attack"]
For the skill to work, you'd have to physically hit a monster with your weapon with the skill. Upon hitting the monster, a "shockwave" of sorts would surge through the monster and continue along the ground for a certain distance. If the shockwave were to hit a monster before disappearing, the distance that it had left before it canceled out would reset (so the shockwave would travel just as far past the second monster as it would have from the first, had it not hit the second). Putting points into this skill would increase how far the wave goes before canceling out.

*Movement skills
**Haste-type skill. (Movement speed increase, permanently (passive) or temporarily (buff)-)
**Blink (short distance teleport)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Misc

*A way to not only view players stats, but their items stats as well.

*Food/book stacking, or a separate inventory for Equips/Consumables.

*A customizable keyboard layout, where hotkeys can be moved around (and perhaps consumables could be hotkeyed)

*Repeatable quests, and perhaps quests that reward players with tickets.

*Equipment level down option (limit of 5~10 downlevels per item, would require money or quest reward to preform)

*Date & time specific 2x exp/drop events.

*Fixing movement displayed on everyone's screens. (As it is currently, having a different amount of movement speed as another player will cause this player to move incorrectly on your screen and vice versa. This is a huge detriment to PvP, creates client-sided lag and confuses some of the newer players)

*Perhaps some kind of reward for kills in PvP/GPvP, perhaps special gear that can only be obtained via PvP points.

*NPC sales price included in item stats during trades. (To prevent scamming)

*Auction house/Free market type setup.

*Area teleport basically costs 10 dollars, I don't think it'd be unfair to suggest that players with it also be given the ability to transport buddies/guild members to their map, instead of just being able to warp yourself.

*Jump Down (double jump variant, allowing a player to press down to drop below a platform if one is below it)
[This would probably cost tickets]

*Better player blocking system

*A way to see how many books you have used (because apparently 3rd grade math is hard ;P)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AESTHETIC APPEAL

*More visually appealing Character Info screen.

*HP bar below character & guild members.
**I've decided that an HP bar below your character would be less convenient than the current hp bar system, so I'd like to reevaluate this idea. Instead of what I previously said, perhaps an OPTIONAL function in the options menu to turn on players/guilds hp bars below them would be more appropriate.

*Choice between flag behind character or Guild names below characters (or both?)

*Guild menu (similar to buddy menu) allowing you to see your guild members without being at the guild house, and allowing you to see which ones are online.

**Guild alliances! People within the same alliance but not in the same guild would not share exp, but with the hopefully implemented guild menu there would include an option to view online alliance members, and be able to send them chats/see where they were (implying that these would be things you would be able to do with regular guild members as well)

*A cleaner chat setup/interface. Chatting in this game is a hassle at the moment due to text limits, inability to remove and replace the chat interface, inability to "hide" chats with other players when not in use, inability to chat target guild members without having them as a friend, and the glitches in chat scrolling during trade menu conversations.
**A new thought to this, the excessive and unhideable chat windows could easily be replaced by a whisper system. "/whisper SmilingFear" enter "message"

*More expansive and creative character customization depths. (More skins, hairs, eye types. Possible splitting up the current hair into two different categories; Style and Color?)

*The map shouldn't be accessed by a button, but rather it should be visible at all times as a transparency. http://oi39.tinypic.com/2qvct2g.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OFF-GAME

*Thread stickies, and perhaps forum moderators with the ability to do so.

Input or add-ons would be greatly appreciated~
Last edited by SmilingFear on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 19 times in total.
SmilingFear

Re: Idea list

Postby bloodstrikez » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:09 am

SmilingFear wrote:Here is a simple list of ideas that I could easily see improving the game.

*Food/book stacking, or a separate inventory for Equips/Consumables. +1 (Easy to navigate)

*A customizable keyboard layout, where hotkeys can be moved around (and perhaps consumables could be hotkeyed)

*More visually appealing Character Info screen. +1

*Repeatable quests, and perhaps quests that reward players with tickets. +1 (Or a repeatable guild quest? Referring to my latest reply click here)

*HP bar below character & guild members./ +1 (Would help a lot when it comes to using the guild heal)

*Choice between flag behind character or Guild names below characters (or both?)

*Equipment level down option (limit of 5~10 downlevels per item, would require money or quest reward to preform)

*Fixing movement displayed on everyone's screens. (As it is currently, having a different amount of movement speed as another player will cause this player to move incorrectly on your screen and vice versa. This is a huge detriment to PvP, creates client-sided lag and confuses some of the newer players)

*Perhaps some kind of reward for kills in PvP/GPvP, perhaps special gear that can only be obtained via PvP points.

*A cleaner chat setup/interface. Chatting in this game is a hassle at the moment due to text limits, inability to remove and replace the chat interface, inability to "hide" chats with other players when not in use, inability to chat target guild members without having them as a friend, and the glitches in chat scrolling during trade menu conversations.
+1

Also, to prevent scamming and to lessen the burden of having to check wiki constantly each time when player are trading. Can we list the actual full shop price beside the item that players are selling?
Watch out for the hidden message.
bloodstrikez

Re: Idea list

Postby SmilingFear » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:06 am

bloodstrikez wrote:Also, to prevent scamming and to lessen the burden of having to check wiki constantly each time when player are trading. Can we list the actual full shop price beside the item that players are selling?

Added to the list, with some other additions as well~
SmilingFear

Re: Collective list of ideas (will edit and add suggestions)

Postby CandyNutJob » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Absolutely amazing
+1 to all suggestions!!
CandyNutJob

Postby CandyNutJob » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:41 pm

With that exp boost talk. I think they should have a way where you can buy like a certain amount of days for 2x experience with tickets
CandyNutJob

Postby Naruto » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:50 pm

SmilingFear wrote:Here is a simple list of ideas that I could easily see improving the game.

*A way to not only view players stats, but their items stats as well. (+1, Maybe some way to see the player stats with items and without? like base value of player (+item bonus)

*Food/book stacking, or a separate inventory for Equips/Consumables. (+1, Definitely needed, means people can stack up on turkeys when going toe to toe with beholders.)

*Repeatable quests, and perhaps quests that reward players with tickets. ( +1for repeatable quests, tickets could possibly be a 1% chance drop from these quests?)

*Equipment level down option (limit of 5~10 downlevels per item, would require money or quest reward to preform) (Unsure about this at the moment... People with lower levels but with money could get the same armour as someone who has grinded longer in levels...)

*Date & time specific 2x exp/drop events. (+1 Much needed :) )

*Fixing movement displayed on everyone's screens. (As it is currently, having a different amount of movement speed as another player will cause this player to move incorrectly on your screen and vice versa. This is a huge detriment to PvP, creates client-sided lag and confuses some of the newer players) (Definitely +1, it is so hard to hit people at the PvP since they always jump across the screen...

*Perhaps some kind of reward for kills in PvP/GPvP, perhaps special gear that can only be obtained via PvP points. (+1 Perhaps gear that allows people to have slightly higher drop rates from monsters or slightly more exp?)

*NPC sales price included in item stats during trades. (To prevent scamming) ( +1 Perhaps a database of item prices? Caefer could potentially do this as he wrote the Helmet Heroes Assistant which has a Merchant Calculator)

*Auction house/Free market type setup. ( +1 Been suggested before and I agree with this one.)

*Area teleport basically costs 10 dollars, I don't think it'd be unfair to suggest that players with it also be given the ability to transport buddies/guild members to their map, instead of just being able to warp yourself.

*Movement skills
**Haste-type skill. (Movement speed increase, permanently (passive) or temporarily (buff)-)

*Jump Down (double jump variant, allowing a player to press down to drop below a platform if one is below it)
[This would probably cost tickets]

AESTHETIC APPEAL

**I've decided that an HP bar below your character would be less convenient than the current hp bar system, so I'd like to reevaluate this idea. Instead of what I previously said, perhaps an OPTIONAL function in the options menu to turn on players/guilds hp bars below them would be more appropriate.

*Choice between flag behind character or Guild names below characters (or both?) (+1 I would prefer having my guild name below my character, kinda like Robby's Gamemaster tag)

*Guild menu (similar to buddy menu) allowing you to see your guild members without being at the guild house, and allowing you to see which ones are online.

**Guild alliances! People within the same alliance but not in the same guild would not share exp, but with the hopefully implemented guild menu there would include an option to view online alliance members, and be able to send them chats/see where they were (implying that these would be things you would be able to do with regular guild members as well)

**A new thought to this, the excessive and unhideable chat windows could easily be replaced by a whisper system. "/whisper SmilingFear" enter "message" (+1 I suggested this to Robby ages ago, the way mine was set up was:

Type in "/g" in the general chatbox and your message after it to send a message to other online guild members, it could be useful for organising guild battles.

Type in "/p" in the general chatbox and your message after it to send a message to other party members. (Party members could possibly be created for later on in the game when there's bosses that no player can handle alone and therefore needing a party to take down the boss and that the players in the party can share the loot from the boss that is slayed. Again, this could strengthen bonds between players and emphasise the cooperation factor in this MMORPG.

*More expansive and creative character customization depths. (More skins, hairs, eye types. Possible splitting up the current hair into two different categories; Style and Color?)

Naruto

Postby itblobboy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Some are better than others.

1st yes

2nd not really

3 yes

4 yes

5 no

6 why not

7 yes

8 doesn't seem worth the time making it but sure in the future

9 yeah that would be handy

10 nope

11 NO NO NO NO NONONONONO NO

12: eh, sure maybe.

13: If this could be programmed, yes for everyone though. Not payvault.

14: well, yes.

15: probably not but not much reason not to

16: What? Leave it to the flag.

17: Yes

18: well, yes.

19: Why not

20: uh, hell no.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby SmilingFear » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:55 pm

itblobboy wrote:Some are better than others.
Seemingly reasonless thoughts

Hey lets go against peoples ideas without inputting anything constructive (like reasons as to why you feel the way you do about certain points, for example). ^_~
SmilingFear

Postby bloodstrikez » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:20 am

Updated? Nice.

*Food/book stacking, or a separate inventory for Equips/Consumables.

*Repeatable quests, and perhaps quests that reward players with tickets.

*NPC sales price included in item stats during trades. (To prevent scamming)

*Auction house/Free market type setup. (Definitely want one. It will greatly reduce all this issues on annoying scammers and the trouble of looking for a buyer, But.. the problem lies with the fundamental game concept which there are such things as players with 60% resale and default value of 35% resell to shop, it will mess up all that so unless robby willing to change that, i don't expect we will get one anytime soon.)

*Movement skills

[This would probably cost tickets] (Definitely yes. Although I'm not so sure about the tickets part, this will improve the gameplay, it's much better to be used as an open-feature for all.)

AESTHETIC APPEAL

(Maybe something like tiny avatar icons on the top of your screen, showing the team's hp and mp, auto-appear when a guild member is in the same room with you.)

*Guild menu (similar to buddy menu) allowing you to see your guild members without being at the guild house, and allowing you to see which ones are online. (Yes!)

**Guild alliances! People within the same alliance but not in the same guild would not share exp, but with the hopefully implemented guild menu there would include an option to view online alliance members, and be able to send them chats/see where they were (implying that these would be things you would be able to do with regular guild members as well (Party system? Well.. first of all, let's face the fact that this game don't use split loot system which leads to.. barely any teamwork needed at all, and some players are able capable of take down the boss (carnelia) on their own, let alone, monsters that are wandering around out at the open field, no offense, the game mechanism itself is a fail concept when it comes to multiplayer experience.)

**A new thought to this, the excessive and unhideable chat windows could easily be replaced by a whisper system. "/whisper SmilingFear" enter "message" (Definitely yes. Also, an expandable chat screen? You know.. In general chat, it's quite annoying as you tried to read on the previous messages but then, at the same time, when someone is talking, it's quite impossible for you to scroll up and do that.)

*The map shouldn't be accessed by a button, but rather it should be visible at all times as a transparency. http://oi39.tinypic.com/2qvct2g.jpg

bloodstrikez

Postby CandyNutJob » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:45 am

Another Idea I have is have multiple characters with the same email. Like when I log in I would have a choice on which character Im trying to play today. Not just one.
CandyNutJob

Postby CandyNutJob » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:03 pm

We need a way to block people.
We need a way to turn trade on/off whenever we want. We shouldn't have to subject ourselves to harassment from low level beggars.
CandyNutJob

Postby Sasuke » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:10 pm

True, most of the a**holes in newb areas say, "Give me item or money or the report."

Basically a Do it or die.

~Nya!
Sasuke

Location: Living peacefully in Snowy Flats, stalking the fabled Ice Blade of the Gods.

Postby Sasuke » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:11 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:Another Idea I have is have multiple characters with the same email. Like when I log in I would have a choice on which character Im trying to play today. Not just one.

Well..If you need a password reset, which one is Player IO going to send to?

~Nya!
Sasuke

Location: Living peacefully in Snowy Flats, stalking the fabled Ice Blade of the Gods.

Postby CandyNutJob » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Sasuke wrote:
CandyNutJob wrote:Another Idea I have is have multiple characters with the same email. Like when I log in I would have a choice on which character Im trying to play today. Not just one.

Well..If you need a password reset, which one is Player IO going to send to?

Well what I should of said is have a username that is able to have more than one character. Like you would log into your user name, then you would pick the character you want to play with that day or at that time. So, your user name wouldn't be your actually name of your character/s. It would basically be your account for the game. Example down below.

Username: CandyNutJob

Characters: Barack_Obama, Godslayer, DemonKing, MonkeyMagic, MotherTeresa.

I mean' I don't how to explain it any simpler.
CandyNutJob

Postby CandyNutJob » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 pm

@SmilingFear I believe it would be a beneficial idea to create another, more "Official" list of ideas and improvements. By official I mean a more organized list that credits people's past/present/future ideas and improvements and we can just combine the lists all into one. We could also make a way for people to quote and answer if they like or dislike an idea or improvement that either you or someone thought of. This way the most popular ideas and/or improvements would probably have attention brought to them tand possibly one day actually make it into the game!
CandyNutJob

Postby SmilingFear » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:07 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:@SmilingFear I believe it would be a beneficial idea to create another, more "Official" list of ideas and improvements. By official I mean a more organized list that credits people's past/present/future ideas and improvements and we can just combine the lists all into one. We could also make a way for people to quote and answer if they like or dislike an idea or improvement that either you or someone thought of. This way the most popular ideas and/or improvements would probably have attention brought to them tand possibly one day actually make it into the game!

This is a great idea, however I'm not the right person to start a guild that would require such a level of attentiveness. I don't have the time nor the motivation to upkeep such a thread, especially when I haven't even seen any notice from Robby on this original one. + 1 to your idea though!
SmilingFear

Postby bloodstrikez » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Sticky threads, anyone? Especially for this and this, maybe this too.

For this thread too. Honestly, there are too many ideas around, i think we need to separate them into different categories first. New monster/equipment, new skill, social/guild-related, trading, forum..
bloodstrikez

Postby CandyNutJob » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:13 pm

bloodstrikez wrote:Sticky threads, anyone? Especially for this and this, maybe this too.

For this thread too. Honestly, there are too many ideas around, i think we need to separate them into different categories first. New monster/equipment, new skill, social/guild-related, trading, forum..

That's exactly what I was talking about. Make a more detailed list basically. I might take this over from SmilingFear though since he doesn't have the motivation haha.
CandyNutJob

Postby ButtMad » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:45 pm

Is this stuff being added to the game? FAR OUT!
ButtMad

Postby Sasuke » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Yeah, Buttmad. I see that you are quite new to our forums. Let me take you on a tour.

This is the Suggestions Area, Where people can add there drawings and Ideas.
The first Area, General, is usually Game Discussion.
Second Area, Market Place. Self -Explanatory.
Third, Guild. Just A place to promote or Do Guild Related Stuff.
Fifth, Bugs and Errors. If you experience a bug or glitch in the game, post here.
Last, Just Off Topic.

~Nya!
Sasuke

Postby SmilingFear » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:49 am

MEGABUMP!
I've updated this list and made it more appealing to look at ;D
SmilingFear

Postby BarrettM82A1 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:49 pm

A way to see how many books you have used?

I think the teleporting buddies idea should have a cool down of, say, 1/2 hour?
And it should be restricted to guild members, for the friends list can too easily change
BarrettM82A1

Postby _Conquest_ » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:50 pm

Maybe 2 every 1/2 hr, a there and back sorta deal.

I have a suggestion for a skill.

For guild training and pvp and just being a B.A.

"final wish" causes player to explode, does damage to surrounding players and mobs, must have 10-20 hp to activate.
Cool down of 1 hr, costs 100 mp.

half joke skill half would be cool to see in game :P
_Conquest_

Postby SmilingFear » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:39 pm

BarrettM82A1 wrote:A way to see how many books you have used?

This has actually been added to the game!
(Bump)
SmilingFear

Return to Suggestions