Warrior Women Armor Please!

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Warrior Women Armor Please!

Postby BranwenSwan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:53 am

I feel that the "woman warrior" class is severely underrepresented in the "girl" armor. Lots of magic plus armor with very little power or defense. I want powerful armor that is more geared toward defense and power but that is different looking from the guys.

I can't draw, but I am pretty good with words, so I'll try to describe what I think would work.

Think Helmet of Hatred, but minus the barbed wire and blood, keep the horn, make it unicorn style, twisted and ivory colored. More of a rounded top, with wide or no eye holes. Color palate should be dark purples or blues. The armor and legs should be similar to the metal ballerina outfit, but minus fur.

I was also thinking something like Xena Warrior princess. The armor would be metal silver/blue, a longer skirt like straps over a bustier type top (no sleeves, and heart shaped) the legs can be similar, maybe look like ribbons criss-crossing, but still powerful.

Xena Helmet should be silver/blue and be slim and leave the face open, but still provide good power/defense.

And please girls, or guys, feel free to add to my designs!
Branwen ("white raven") Swan, Celtic Warrior Goddess
BranwenSwan

Re: Warrior Women Armor Please!

Postby Gret » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:25 am

I agree that the current armors should look different for males and females, even if it's slightly. It would probably be a major hassle to remake every piece of armor though. I feel like something simple could make armor sets more feminine, such as adding a few lines to make boobs on top armor? Sounds weird, I know, but I feel like it could make a big difference and not be TOO annoying to adjust, but I'm not sure. :?
Gret

Postby BranwenSwan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:42 am

I even think just a different color palate for the "feminine" armor, would be great. For example, the new reptilian "female" armor set could be blue scales with green accents.

I even thought for female rangers we could have a geisha style mask for the helmet and keep the samurai style for the rest.

Just some more suggestions!
BranwenSwan

Postby Gret » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:51 am

Yeah, I agree some simple re-colors could work, I support. :D
Gret

Postby unamoosed » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:40 pm

So much support for this. I got so excited when I first saw the Girl's Shop, but was disappointed with the limited selection :(
unamoosed

Postby birdie » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:28 pm

I love the idea of some recolors! Granted I'm a mage, and most of the mage stuff is pretty gender-neutral (thankfully). I'm sure all the lady warriors would be all over that though. :)

But yeah. Fortunately this game is highly suited to making an outfit feminine without sexualizing it. I played this one game for a while where girl characters basically wore lingerie.
Something high-level and Black Swan inspired would be AMAZING. Black with red and metal accents and a fabulous headpiece that looks like it could double as a weapon.
fair is fowl and fowl is fair
birdie

Postby BranwenSwan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:12 pm

birdie wrote:Something high-level and Black Swan inspired would be AMAZING. Black with red and metal accents and a fabulous headpiece that looks like it could double as a weapon.

Now this I could totally get behind, I'm already picturing it! Support!
BranwenSwan

Postby unamoosed » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:16 pm

birdie wrote: Black with red and metal accents and a fabulous headpiece that looks like it could double as a weapon.

Sounds like Marceline ;)
I love it, full support.
unamoosed

Postby RoySamuels » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Maybe there just isn't any ideas in Robby's head for girl armor, since he's made the regular armor all these days look more masculine. You guys should draw some pictures of women armor, there's almost no doubt it wont get in.
RoySamuels

Postby birdie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:51 pm

I decided to sketch out an idea of what I had in mind. I drew it really quickly so it kind of sucks, sorry. Thoughts? It's terrible? You should burn the paper you drew it on, birdie? haha

Last edited by birdie on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birdie

Postby itblobboy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:02 pm

birdie wrote:I decided to sketch out an idea of what I had in mind. I drew it really quickly so it kind of sucks, sorry. Thoughts? It's terrible? You should burn the paper you drew it on, birdie? haha

Great for a quick pencil sketch! Its kinda hard to tell whats what without color, and its kind of small though which is okay but a problem for the text. What does it say below the bow, and to the left of the armor?

Favorite: That staff Looks great, very nice :mrgreen:
Least favorite: The bow, it doesn't really stand out. :|
Last edited by itblobboy on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby birdie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Great for a quick pencil sketch! Its kinda hard to tell whats what without color, and its kind of small though which is okay but a problem for the text. What does it say below the bow, and to the left of the armor?

Favorite: That staff Looks great, very nice :mrgreen:
Least favorite: The bow, it doesn't really stand out. :|

Thanks! Text isn't terribly important, I just tend to scribble all over haha.
But beside the armor is "big fancy imposing metal neck-piece" and below the bow is "accidental Tim Burton feel" hahahaha.
(Yeah, I just wanted to include a bow because I did the other types. I didn't want archers to feel left out. I think a bow that looked sort of like it came off an ornate iron gate would be good though! That's what I tried to get at. Ah well.)
birdie

Postby Wall » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:57 am

I like the armor a lot birdie :)
Wall

Postby BranwenSwan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:20 pm

I'm not much of an artist, so if someone could take my ideas and sketch them out, it would be much appreciated. Ladies and lady characters, please help!!

birdie wrote:I decided to sketch out an idea of what I had in mind. I drew it really quickly so it kind of sucks, sorry. Thoughts? It's terrible? You should burn the paper you drew it on, birdie? haha

Birdie! I LOVE the sketches! The sword almost looks like a megasword, but I could see like a purple or pink or green ribbon on it. LOVE LOVE LOVE! The Armor looks awesome. Kind of a cross between the Crystal Armor and a tutu. I love the ideas for the mage weapon and the bow. LOVE.
BranwenSwan

Postby SargentSchlong » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Your bow idea is CUTE AS HELL! I want to use it already! Looks like you were inspired by peacocks and their feathers!

ALL THAT SUPPORT!
The bullet to fire has come.
SargentSchlong

Postby birdie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Aw, you're making me blush! I'm glad other people liked it too.
Thanks. : )
birdie

Return to Suggestions