Under the Sea

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Under the Sea

Postby unamoosed » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Reading Robby's post on Area/Background art suggestions got me thinking about a ton of potential areas for the map. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd LOVE to have an area under the map that's underwater. Kind of like an Atlantis sort of deal. I played around in MSPaint and came up with this. You could have monsters like seahorses, jellyfish, sharks, and I believe somebody wanted a Kraken.

UNDATHASEA.jpg
UNDATHASEA.jpg (65.7 KiB) Viewed 2793 times

Feedback is welcome and encouraged(:

EDIT: Changed the appearance of the platforms. They should look something like this:

platform edits.png
platform edits.png (54.14 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
Last edited by unamoosed on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unamoosed

Re: Under the Sea

Postby Stabber » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:33 pm

I like the idea. And you included an image! Unless a gimmick such as water breathing potions was used, there would have to be a drowning system (you have x amount of air, when bar is empty, -10 HP/sec or something).

Also: RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!
Stabber

Postby unamoosed » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Stabber wrote:I like the idea. And you included an image! Unless a gimmick such as water breathing potions was used, there would have to be a drowning system (you have x amount of air, when bar is empty, -10 HP/sec or something).

Thanks for the feedback!(:

I don't think the potion should be necessary though. What if players are just loitering/AFK? They would die after a couple of minutes. It'd just make things more complicated than necessary.
unamoosed

Postby Stabber » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:39 pm

By 'potion', I mean a plot device to explain how we can suddenly breathe water.
Stabber

Postby Gret » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:02 pm

I thought an underwater area would be cool too, and nice drawing btw.

Maplestory has an underwater area, and if you're in it your HP slowly decreases, unless you use a bubble item which lasts a certain amount of time or you have the scuba tank equipped.
Gret

Postby plak&shlak » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:41 pm

i also think about that its good idea
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby Zeus » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Perfect. Nice drawing unamoosed.
Zeus

Postby brozangel » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:50 pm

id like to have a city like enviorment or sewer enviorment that would be cool think of the monsters that would be there
:D
da fuq
brozangel

Postby plak&shlak » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:28 pm

I want the kraken yeaaaaasasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby plak&shlak » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:30 pm

There can be a sharl and wale also
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby itblobboy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:08 pm

This is very nice! I like it! Would go very well with Plak's kraken idea!
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby robby » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:13 am

Cool art, I will keep it in mind for future updates. I could MAYBE lower the gravity too so that it would feel more under-water like. I'm not sure if that would cause any problems for future updates or not though, I guess I will have to try when I eventually get there.
robby
Site Admin

Postby SargentSchlong » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:14 pm

LOVE THIS IDEA!

I would love to see this.
The bullet to fire has come.
SargentSchlong

Postby Dosko » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:36 pm

This is pretty damned cool. Did you really do this whole picture in MS Paint??

I would love to see something like this in future updates.
Dosko

Postby unamoosed » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys :)

Dosko wrote: Did you really do this whole picture in MS Paint??

Haha, everything but the blue gradient background. That's from Google. I use Paint a lot since I suck at photoshop.
unamoosed

Postby RoySamuels » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:10 am

unamoosed wrote:Thanks for the positive feedback, guys :)

Dosko wrote: Did you really do this whole picture in MS Paint??

Haha, everything but the blue gradient background. That's from Google. I use Paint a lot since I suck at photoshop.

Ahh I see now. I looked closely and the coral is made from the spray can. Nice touch.
RoySamuels

Postby unamoosed » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:33 pm

RoySamuels wrote: Ahh I see now. I looked closely and the coral is made from the spray can. Nice touch.

It's actually the crayon ;)
unamoosed

Postby RoySamuels » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:46 pm

unamoosed wrote:
RoySamuels wrote: Ahh I see now. I looked closely and the coral is made from the spray can. Nice touch.

It's actually the crayon ;)

The wonders of paint.
RoySamuels

Postby itblobboy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Cough.
MisoSoup247 wrote:Thanks guys next story is Sintoques Legacy which will be out in 2017 stay tune.

http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Postby Waffleaffle » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Great idea. I don't think there should be a whole no-oxygin thing, it's just a level, just for looks. :)

Less gravity would be awesome. Also... bubbles trailing from players (monsters too?). I've played other games like that and I LOVE those bubbles! :D
Fish for Breakfast!
Waffleaffle

Postby RoySamuels » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Waffleaffle wrote:Great idea. I don't think there should be a whole no-oxygin thing, it's just a level, just for looks. :)

Less gravity would be awesome. Also... bubbles trailing from players (monsters too?). I've played other games like that and I LOVE those bubbles! :D

It would turn into something really unrealistic if we end up being able to breath in it. Maybe there could be an armor that allows you to breath longer without going into the surface, and for every other piece of armor equipped, this ability heightens? There would be a portal at the top that takes you back to the shore? When you stay to long and get hit it takes away 20 damage every second until your death? That would stop afk players easily lol.
RoySamuels

Postby Waffleaffle » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Hmm... dunno, I think it would be kind of too hard still.

And it would be attatched to the beach :D ! It's perfect because... well, it's a beach.
Fish for Breakfast!
Waffleaffle

Postby mohawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Now that we have water in game, I think it would be possible to make this level with the addition of Wall's kraken boss

unamoosed wrote:Reading Robby's post on Area/Background art suggestions got me thinking about a ton of potential areas for the map. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd LOVE to have an area under the map that's underwater. Kind of like an Atlantis sort of deal. I played around in MSPaint and came up with this. You could have monsters like seahorses, jellyfish, sharks, and I believe somebody wanted a Kraken.

EDIT: Changed the appearance of the platforms. They should look something like this:

Kraken boss

Wall wrote:Aw man I was planning on making a kraken too but well hope it isn't too late for my suggest :lol:

Waffleaffle wrote:
And it would be attatched to the beach :D ! It's perfect because... well, it's a beach.

Then Naruto's suggestion for scuba suit

Naruto wrote:

It would be very innovative for the game to have this implemented. I would suggest this area and monsters to be at least at the same level than beholders since many players train at those already, the boss would be stronger than Carnelia as well.
mohawk

Postby plak&shlak » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:54 am

mohawk wrote:Now that we have water in game, I think it would be possible to make this level with the addition of Wall's kraken boss

unamoosed wrote:Reading Robby's post on Area/Background art suggestions got me thinking about a ton of potential areas for the map. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd LOVE to have an area under the map that's underwater. Kind of like an Atlantis sort of deal. I played around in MSPaint and came up with this. You could have monsters like seahorses, jellyfish, sharks, and I believe somebody wanted a Kraken.

Kraken boss

Wall wrote:Aw man I was planning on making a kraken too but well hope it isn't too late for my suggest :lol:

Waffleaffle wrote:

Then Naruto's suggestion for scuba suit

Naruto wrote:

It would be very innovative for the game to have this implemented. I would suggest this area and monsters to be at least at the same level than beholders since many players train at those already, the boss would be stronger than Carnelia as well.

it can be teleport on the water to areas with some fishes and things... and city............. and just after that it will be the boss... its should be Separation between the green bouncers area and the stronger monsters area
the city can be called atlantis
Last edited by plak&shlak on Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby plak&shlak » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:56 am

BUMP
madchafer wrote:Umm, Robby mentioned about the new features going to be added for the water in the future updates.

so robbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy say it will be in the some next updates..
as i said a milliom month ago.. maybe a kraken boss...
and the city there can be called atlantis
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Return to Suggestions