Exclusive Pumpkin Armour, Pumpkin Weapons for every class

Post here for suggestions, artwork, or things you would like to see in future updates.

Exclusive Pumpkin Armour, Pumpkin Weapons for every class

Postby Naruto » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Hey guys!

After seeing that the pumpkins dropped a mummy set, I decided to draw pumpkin armor and leggings to go with the already existing Pumpkin Helmet that can only be dropped by the pumpkin creepers. I have also drawn a Pumpkin Staff, Pumpkin Blade and Pumpkin Bow so that each class can have a chance at owning these pumpkin themed items,seeing as it will be Halloween soon... so yeah, right now, I've set it so that the weapons only drop from pumpkin creepers but because of itblobboy's fantastic idea of crafting pets, I also think it'd be cool if you could exchange materials for the weapons:

Pumpkin Blade= Mega Sword + Single Battle Axe + Pumpkin Helmet
Pumpkin Staff= Batwing Staff + Nature's Staff + Pumpkin Helmet
Pumpkin Bow= Crypt Bow of Fire + Thorn Bow + Pumpkin Helmet

What do you guys think?
Any suggestions or comments that you guys have would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
Pumpkin Armour and Leggings.jpg
Pumpkin Armour and Leggings.jpg (89.13 KiB) Viewed 2905 times
Naruto

Re: Exclusive Pumpkin Armour, Pumpkin Weapons for every clas

Postby Naruto » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Pumpkin Blade, Pumpkin Staff, Pumpkin Bow :D
Attachments
Pumpkin Blade.jpg
Pumpkin Blade.jpg (162.74 KiB) Viewed 2903 times
Pumpkin Staff.jpg
Pumpkin Staff.jpg (125.81 KiB) Viewed 2903 times
Pumpkin Bow.jpg
Pumpkin Bow.jpg (130.44 KiB) Viewed 2903 times
Naruto

Postby Tomatha » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Might need a bit of balancing for the crafting, but designs and stuff look nice. (It'd be bad if robby accidentally released some way to make a profit by buying items from the shop, crafting a better item, then selling it back to the shop.)
The true master of everything to ever exist, as well as the ultimate illusionist, able to fool all of humanity into believing that they are in any position of power.
Tomatha

Postby itblobboy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:55 pm

Looks cool, and I am not gonna price check it but from memory it appears all those prices are almost identical. As Tomatha said, its a little unbalanced but its really close enough seeing as the price variety is only in the small items.

And I should add that technically its not my idea to craft pets, that was from a previous post I read from. :P
[Just giving credit where credit is due even though I don't know the username.]

But support, however it seems like pumpkin creepers are gonna reach a golden age of over popularity if any rares past this are added :lol:
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby SlayerBlade » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Craft items should be very strong. Given you have to locate and track down specific items. Make the work worth the pay. But it kinda bad enough everyone is going bonkers on the pumpkins already given the mummy drops.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
SlayerBlade

Postby MrGJ » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:08 pm

pumpkin bow doesn't have anything "pumpkiny" about it, i mean it looks great, but it could might as well have been any other style of bow. good job though.
MrGJ

Postby Naruto » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:48 pm

@Tomatha: Thanks Tomatha! Yeah, I agree, some of the items will need balancing for the crafting, and if these items do make it in, then the selling price of the crafted weapon will be lower than the selling price of the materials needed to craft the weapon, otherwise people would exploit it like you say and make profit.

@itblobboy: Thank you itblobboy! I checked the prices needed to buy the materials to craft these weapons and I have come up with this:

Pumpkin Blade- $51600 (Cost of a Single Battle Axe + Mega Sword from shop)
Pumpkin Bow- $53300 (Cost of a Thorn bow + Crypt Bow of Fire from shop)
Pumpkin Staff- $53400 (Cost of a Nature's Staff + Batwing Staff from shop)

The differences in price between the highest and lowest is $1800 which may have to be balanced out. The Pumpkin Helmet was excluded from these calculations as it is drop only.
Thanks! And agreed the pumpkins are gonna be swamped with players if these weapons are added.

@ SlayerBlade: Thanks SlayerBlade! and yeah I agree these crafted weapons should be stronger than normal weapons because they take time to create and yes it is bad enough that everyone's massacring pumpkins especially with the spawn rate so low, and right now I think the only way to get more drops is to either have another pumpkin area or increase the pumpkin spawn rate drastically in both the existing areas.

@ MrGJ Thanks MrGJ! I agree with what you say, and I'm planning to do a redesign on that bow. Right now, the only way to make it look slightly even pumpkiny would be to add different tones of orange to the bow to reinforce the whole pumpkin theme. I considered adding a pumpkin to the bow like I did with the staff and the sword but I decided not to as it wouldn't look as sleek and would look cumbersome, however, I will redesign it so it has more of a halloween/pumpkin feel to it. :D
Naruto

Postby SlayerBlade » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:35 am

Shouldn't be too hard to build a crafting system. Given that robby has it where you are required in some missions to turn in items or wear them and get paid in exp and gold(black hood only). I even made a crafting system using an existing event program with in an rpg engine, just made sure i set it up to do it as a repetitive and it was golden.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5532

Helmet Heroes Comics.
SlayerBlade

Postby Metalmorphosist » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:12 pm

I'd like to carry around Pumpkin blade. It looks very nicely drawn. (Lucky you, I'm a terrible artist.) Anyways, you should make Ghost Weapons that are extreme rare drops from Will-O-Wisps. It'd probably be a set of new best weapons.
Attachments
004.JPG
004.JPG (99.53 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
Metalmorphosist

Postby plak&shlak » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:53 am

wowwwwwwww i very like the weapons and also the clothes is good
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby Wall » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Cool stuff
Wall

Postby CandyNutJob » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:52 pm

Hey Naruto,

I like your idea on the whole pumpkin set but I think the sword and the bow look to much like the other weapons.
The sword looks a bit like the skull sword and the bow looks like some other bow I cant think of.

Anyway, I think it would pretty amazing for the release of Elder Scrolls Online, if they had a Daedric set from Skyrim come out for this game. Something to think about.

CandyNutJob aka Barack_Obama
CandyNutJob

Postby Sasuke » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:45 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:Hey Naruto,

I like your idea on the whole pumpkin set but I think the sword and the bow look to much like the other weapons.
The sword looks a bit like the skull sword and the bow looks like some other bow I cant think of.

Anyway, I think it would pretty amazing for the release of Elder Scrolls Online, if they had a Daedric set from Skyrim come out for this game. Something to think about.

Can you do better?

~Nya!
Sasuke

Location: Living peacefully in Snowy Flats, stalking the fabled Ice Blade of the Gods.

Postby CandyNutJob » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Sasuke wrote:
CandyNutJob wrote:Hey Naruto,

Can you do better?

Well if your trying to be a jerk, then yes. Actually I think I could do a lot better but I'm not trying to get into the game like that. On that, I don't like drawing anymore either. That went away after high school. Anyways, I'm always up to giving new ideas. That is why I threw out the Daedric armor. Maybe you or your brother can draw up that. That would be pretty sweet. That would be a pretty BA armor on this game to have.

CandyNutJob

Postby CandyNutJob » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:46 pm

And I think the next thing you want to be looking into making is a Christmas Event. Maybe Christmas gear? Christmas weapons? Have them dropped by penguins?
CandyNutJob

Postby Sasuke » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Haha...weak point here. If you got so much ideas, then why don't you draw them? Why get me or Naruto to do it?

~Nya!
Sasuke

Location: Living peacefully in Snowy Flats, stalking the fabled Ice Blade of the Gods.

Postby CandyNutJob » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Sasuke wrote:Haha...weak point here. If you got so much ideas, then why don't you draw them? Why get me or Naruto to do it?

Because I'm not looking for the fame of the game. I'm just trying to get it up and going where it can finally get popular. Like this definitely has potential. It just needs be put out there more. Everyone I know is saying its boring and they don't want to put the time into it if its never going to be anything. I feel them on that point. It is boring. There's not much to do. So hopefully, with my help and others, we can get this game going with our ideas. Just because I have an idea doesn't mean I have to be the one to make it possible. I was throwing out a suggest and input on the matter at hand and your the one that got at me. So we can stay on the subject and work together with ideas or you can just keep hating on me because I'll you know there's no hatred here.

CandyNutJob a.k.a. Barack_Obama

P.S. For a great list my buddy and I have been working on, go look at "Collective List of Ideas" under suggestions. I try everyday to get it at the top to get people to give input and add even more ideas. Please and thank you! :)
CandyNutJob

Postby Sasuke » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:44 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:
Sasuke wrote:Haha...weak point here. If you got so much ideas, then why don't you draw them? Why get me or Naruto to do it?

Because I'm not looking for the fame of the game. I'm just trying to get it up and going where it can finally get popular. Like this definitely has potential. It just needs be put out there more. Everyone I know is saying its boring and they don't want to put the time into it if its never going to be anything. I feel them on that point. It is boring. There's not much to do. So hopefully, with my help and others, we can get this game going with our ideas. Just because I have an idea doesn't mean I have to be the one to make it possible. I was throwing out a suggest and input on the matter at hand and your the one that got at me. So we can stay on the subject and work together with ideas or you can just keep hating on me because I'll you know there's no hatred here.

P.S. For a great list my buddy and I have been working on, go look at "Collective List of Ideas" under suggestions. I try everyday to get it at the top to get people to give input and add even more ideas. Please and thank you! :)

1: I'm only doing this cause I know how long my bro spent on this.
2: We're not looking for fame. Who told you that?
3: We are actually trying to help instead of criticizing others works.

~Nya!
Sasuke

Postby Naruto » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Whoa, whoa what happened here? Skim reading through everything..... Okay, scan complete.

First off, I would like to apologise on behalf of Sasuke and what he has said, CandyNutJob, he takes constructive criticism the wrong way so again I'm sorry for this.

I do appreciate the feedback that you have given me as it'll help me redesign the bow and the sword, another player named MrGJ has also talked about the bow not really "pumkiny" so I will try my best to redesign it. The pumpkin sword looks like the Skullcrusher Sword because I came up with the original design for the Skullcrusher Sword:

Hence why some of the features from it seems to have passed on to this Pumpkin Blade.

Last bow I drew was for my Harpoon Set:

But I am currently still at a loss on how to draw the pumpkin bow without making it look chunky....

I also have plans to draw out Christmas Gear and Christmas Weapons but this will have to be in two weeks time as I have finals exams at this point in time.
Naruto

Postby Naruto » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 pm

^ This is the Daedric armour you were suggesting? I could try tweak it so it looks more Helmet Heroes-ified but it'll take time and again won't be done until two weeks time due to finals exams. :P

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions though. :D
Naruto

Postby CandyNutJob » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:19 pm

Yea I know you made the skull crusher set. You actually told me in game. And great work on that, It looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

CandyNutJob

Postby Naruto » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:23 pm

CandyNutJob wrote:Yea I know you made the skull crusher set. You actually told me in game. And great work on that, It looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

I did :o , what's your in-game name?

Thanks :D I'll probably design some new monsters as well once I'm free, preferably Christmas based ones but yeah we'll see how that goes :)
Naruto

Postby Sasuke » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Sorry, I was in a huge depression and bad mood.

~Nya!
Sasuke

Postby madchafer » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:25 am

@CandyNutJob_Are you even serious? Daedric? Jesus, I completed the game as a Khajiit. Guild master of the Thieves. Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. And Harbinger of the Companions. Without cheats and wore Elven/Dwarven armor/weapons for the whole playthrough. Beat that. And to top it off, I completed every Main, Side, and Miscellaneous quest in the game. Also acquired every Dragon Word and Shouts. With Lydia as my only follower

@Naruto_Regarding Candy's Daedric suggestion, how is it goin' to look? Same horns of the Skullcrusher but colored black with reddish veins around the armor? Be sure to also add a Daedric sword, Daedric Greatsword, Daedric Shield, and Daedric Bow.
madchafer

Postby CandyNutJob » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:22 pm

@Sasuke its all good. No Problem

@Naruto I use to be MySpace in-game but I didn't like the way I made him so I started over with Barack_Obama. Yes, that's the Daedric armor I was talking about. You could also incorporate the Daedric weapons also. It would be perfect. When it comes to the wand I think the best one to create is the "Skull of Corruption". When it comes to the Two-handed and One-handed. I'd use the one-handed Daedric swords and then for the two-handed use the "Mace of Malog Bal" just to give it a difference since both of the actually Daedric swords in the game, one-handed and the two-handed, look so similar.
CandyNutJob

Next

Return to Suggestions