Update 5.6

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

Update 5.6

Postby robby » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:42 pm

THE NEW DAMAGE FORMULA

I figured I'd explain the new damage formulas and why they were changed for those who are interested. When I originally created the game I never anticipated people griding so hardcore and getting as high levels as they had, so the original formula had some big flaws because of this. The new formula is designed to be an "extension" of your weapons power rather than the weapon just being an "addition" to your power. This was needed for a few reasons and should help fix the following...

1. Weapon power increases from one weapon to a successor weapon were generally only a 3 - 10 point upgrade. This isn't a huge amount, and at higher levels it would hardly be noticeable at all. The new formula should yield a more noticeable increase when upgrading your weapon, adding to the feeling of progression that RPGs are known for.

2. Also because of what I described above, the difference between dual wielding and using large one handed weapons was negligible and I've often been told dual wielding was far superior. The new formula should give some more benefit to using a one hander.

3. This should makes warriors slightly stronger per hit vs a magician or an archer. Their weapons have also been slightly more powerful, but because of it being such small numbers it never mattered.

4. No one may have noticed, but for weapons I generally have blunt type weapons hit the hardest but have a wider spread damage range, while piercing type weapons (spears, things that are pointy) do the least but have a tighter grouping. This should make it a little more noticeable.

5. All of this should make things better for the future when more and more weapons and equipment comes out.

Overall you should be doing generally close to the same amount of damage as before IF your are using the best weapon possible for your level. You will notice a DRAMATIC decrease in damage if you are using an under powered weapon. Because of this as well, ultra high level players (400+) may notice they are doing less damage than before. This is mostly because there are not weapons that are ideal for that high of a level just yet.

All damage formulas apply to player vs enemy, player vs player, pet vs enemy, player vs pet, pet vs player, and everything. Throughout the week I am sure there will need to be some small tweaking and balancing with the new formulas, so be sure to post any well thought out proposals on anything that may be underpowered or overpowered, etc.

MORE MP

This may need tweeking as well but I've noticed that as you begin to get into the very high levels you have such an exorbitant amount of MP that no thought, timing, or skill has to be put into when to use special attacks. It begins to become so over-abundant that you can just spam skills with every single attack almost non-stop. Also, this should help tone down mages a bit as I've got lots of requests that they need balanced out. As with anything at this point, when I change or add something there are a million and one things it will effect or change, so let me know if some things need adjusted.

FISHING

Obviously fishing is now in. Everything you need to know should be told to you in-game. There is much much more that fish will be used for soon down the road such as crafting, building things, etc. So hang tight, they'll have more purposes soon down the road along with more proficiencies.

OTHER

I've also changed some code around (mostly just technical stuff) to make way for big future additions, so there may be small bugs in places that they didn't exist before. Just look for any bugs with menus, sound effects, or any random small things. Just post in the bugs and errors section if you find them.

I'm sure there are several bugs and glitches in the update that I missed, just post and I will get to them as soon as I can.
robby
Site Admin

Re: Update 5.6

Postby fallenangel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:50 pm

im the first post and here and i have to say i dont like the train becuz of the price and the 15 min wait time
Credits to miso
please give a damn (click signature)
Spoiler: show

If I could kill you, I would
But it's frowned upon in all fifty states
Having said that, burn in hell!
fallenangel

Location: The land of invisible blue unicorns where it rains nutella daily

Postby itblobboy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:50 pm

It takes me 205 mp per thunder...

I don't think I'll be using it anymore...

Also, the train prices are steep for the wait time.
Last edited by itblobboy on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby jaldan184 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:50 pm

hey Robby for the Warrior skills the B attack takes WAYYYY more MP then it should be taking awway please fix that thanks 8-)
jaldan184

Postby fallenangel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:52 pm

it doesnt say ig how u accually catch the fish i know u press c but then what that doesnt catch them when they get in the circle
Credits to miso

fallenangel

Postby Bellerophon » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:56 pm

I see duplicates of every player everywhere. And you just made any duel-wielding mage useless with the doubled mana cost per attack. You might aswell remove the wands from the game
Bellerophon

Postby damian2502 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Rages cost increased too but looks like it is only visual because mana recovering by much higher amount after use them. I hope Rages won't cost more mana every 100 levels.

Also, as I said in other thread. Think about improvement for Mana Regeneration, because its good for levels 1-100, not bad for 101-200, but I'm sure levels 200+ or 300+ will regret that they lost 60 points on it. I suggest improve that skill too, if not +1x every 100 levels like mp cost, maybe by +0,5x? Don't make it useless skill.

And last thing, new damage calculations are only for players or for monsters too?

And very last thing, Fishing Nets for 30 tickets with a change to break? Really? In theory it hugely increasing speed of leveling finishing. What will be next? 2x exp for 600 tickets? Maybe 2x damage for 1000 tickets? Or instant 500 level for 3000 tickets? Come on! Make it Pay to Win!
Last edited by damian2502 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damian2502

Postby fallenangel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:01 pm

I don't want the mp like that I was doing fine before with about 300mp but not I'm gonna have to wasted points on pm when I need them in strength I hate it so freakin much I hate it I hate it I hate it I makes me not want to get to lvl 200 anymore

But at least it makes the other classes weaker
Credits to miso

fallenangel

Postby Contracter » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Ah could you post the fishing level you should have for each area would be very helpful since im like level 5 and don't want to keep fishing the purple things.
If giving a damn is inconvience right-click it and open in a new tab so you don't have to press back :D
Contracter

Postby fallenangel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:11 pm

How u even catch them it don't work for mer
Credits to miso

fallenangel

Postby Lu-Bu » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:14 pm

To fish hold c and hold space well hold c and when its the right way you want it then hold space to make it stop going down also the fish dont do anything near my pole the first fish i tried to catch said the fish got away i dont understand fishing yet
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwGN06 ... yCg/videos
Hail the king of ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)'s
Lu-Bu

Postby Vzard » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:16 pm

- so much mp draining even power attack of a warrior....so much mp draining...
Vzard

Postby fallenangel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Warriors are so much weaker than before
Credits to miso

fallenangel

Postby Uzur » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Instead of making warriors (which were the underdogs) better, you made them weaker than before :( . Don't know if it was planned or not, but its an illogical decision.
Last edited by Uzur on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uzur

Postby Contracter » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:32 pm

i brought fishing raduuis upgrade and its the same size even after leveling 5 times
If giving a damn is inconvience right-click it and open in a new tab so you don't have to press back :D
Contracter

Postby itblobboy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:36 pm

At least you're catching fish, contractor. I haven't caught diddly squat yet :lol:
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby belding » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:51 pm

fallenangel wrote:Warriors are so much weaker than before

Uzur wrote:Instead of making warriors (which were the underdogs) better, you made them weaker than before :( . Don't know if it was planned or not, but its an illogical decision.

Read what robby wrote. He made everyone weaker. Warriors got made less weak than other classes. Mages got bit the hardest, attacks take twice as much MP now for us. For the love of god coke can't even one hit repguanas!!!!!

I hope this means that some ultra high level gear is coming.
Last edited by belding on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
belding

Postby Naruto » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Well, the only bug I can report so far is that after entering the Prote-something Bottom area, I was unable to leave again and any attempts to do so resulted in the infinite loading page.

After trying out a few skills, I have realised that Thunder takes around 200MP to cast and if this is the case I hope the MP for Arrow Rain is increased to a similar amount as well as it was 15MP for Arrow Rain before and 47MP for Thunder.

I will edit this post and keep it updated if I encounter any more things once I am able to leave the area.
Naruto

Postby fallenangel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:54 pm

if i do guild rage and rage at the same time i get negative mp and then it goes back to how it wouldve been before
Credits to miso

fallenangel

Postby walran » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:56 pm

people can not get out of deep sea ocean! :cry:
walran

Postby Naruto » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:58 pm

belding wrote:
fallenangel wrote:Warriors are so much weaker than before

Uzur wrote:Instead of making warriors (which were the underdogs) better, you made them weaker than before :( . Don't know if it was planned or not, but its an illogical decision.

Read what robby wrote. He made everyone weaker. Warriors got made less weak than other classes. Mages got bit the hardest, attacks take twice as much MP now for us. For the love of god coke can't even one hit repguanas!!!!!

I hope this means that some ultra high level gear is coming.

I think this just means that us Mages will need to boost our MP to around 5K for us to be able to grind for an extended period of time.
Naruto

Postby Contracter » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:18 pm

robby wrote:THE NEW DAMAGE FORMULA

1. Weapon power increases from one weapon to a successor weapon were generally only a 3 - 10 point upgrade. This isn't a huge amount, and at higher levels it would hardly be noticeable at all. The new formula should yield a more noticeable increase when upgrading your weapon, adding to the feeling of progression that RPGs are known for.

so if i give someone my weapon it gets slightly stronger?
Contracter

Postby damian2502 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:39 pm

I think block bots should have 154, not 254, because now they are too hard compared to exp.
damian2502

Postby plak&shlak » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Wait wait help me understand some stuff
So if i in high level everythong cost more mp? Well.. i think i in the category of hihh level.. but i only have 600 mp.. its also should concidered on the mp of the player... is it concider there?
And the changes of the formula are the way that the weapons have more influence on the damage of the mob? So is it mean that i have weap for level 200 and i level 200 is it will be awesome? And i i level 1000 it will be suck? How is it going?
So you say that fishing pole is payvault? 30 tickets? And the train is very expensive and come juat once in half hour? Or how is it going? Tell me more i cant log in now! Thanks for the people who tell me
And robots have other stats? And peolle cant get out from the deep ocean?
ImageImage
plak&shlak

Postby damian2502 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Btw. I heard fishing net can catch every fish, fishing level doesnt matter with that. Its true? If yes, this is HUGE p2w, because why normal players must level fishing for days to catch best ones, while for 30 tickets I can catch them from level 1?
damian2502

Next

Return to General