fastest way to level up 2 levels without dying

Anything Helmet Heroes related can be posted here.

fastest way to level up 2 levels without dying

Postby nickybear » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:50 pm

i need to level up 2 levels before the new update before rob makes mages even and not op so i need advise so i can use my darkane helmet :? :cry: :o :(
nickybear

Re: fastest way to level up 2 levels without dying

Postby DF11 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:53 pm

Fight the most powerful monsters you can survive
DF11

Postby Seta » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:55 pm

i doubt it is going to put Mages on the level.

i have a feeling it could make things worse if not change anything at all.
Seta

Postby SlapThatChicken » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:56 pm

2 levels take no time, just take your time and you'll get it before the time comes, beside there no indication what will actually happen when the update comes as there nothing noting nerfs or buffs yet, just something will change.
SlapThatChicken

Postby itblobboy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Seta wrote:i doubt it is going to put Mages on the level.

I have faith in robby, but I have a draft saved with extensive detail on crap between mages and warriors to publish if needed.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
http://giveadamn.co.uk/give/itblobboy
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Seta » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:05 pm

itblobboy wrote:
Seta wrote:i doubt it is going to put Mages on the level.

I have faith in robby, but I have a draft saved with extensive detail on crap between mages and warriors to publish if needed.

Well the last time he "Nerfed" Mages it just ended up being a Buff in disguise eventually adding to their range.
Seta

Postby itblobboy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Wait, what was the last mage nerf?

Last I checked it was magic projectile damage being reduced from 100% to 70%.
Ey yeah I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts
itblobboy

Location: I'm gonna host a helmet heroes event on 4/20/2069 an and wqe're gonna go fishing in snowly flatts

Postby Naruto » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Seta wrote:Well the last time he "Nerfed" Mages it just ended up being a Buff in disguise eventually adding to their range.

Pretty sure that at the start of the game, that was how it was pre skill system update. I know for a fact that the Mage particles was already "maxed" before the skill system came in and nerfed it requiring Mages to input special skill points into it in order to revert themselves back into their pre-update status.
Naruto

Postby itblobboy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Which is why it's a pain in a ass starting as a mage but not when you get to level, like, 200. Then you're OP.

"Started from the bottom, now we're here"

Still, that's no excuse when we can use all the magic that is STAT RESET YAY
itblobboy

Postby Seta » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:18 pm

itblobboy wrote:Wait, what was the last mage nerf?

Last I checked it was magic projectile damage being reduced from 100% to 70%.

my mistake i thought it was the particle range.

Still that whole hard start excuse is pretty weak in my opinion. Considering how fast you level up early on, i don't remember seeing anyone dying early on.

Even later on people only die because of lag or carelessness when the monsters get stronger.
Seta

Postby Seta » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:46 pm

Naruto wrote:
Seta wrote:Well the last time he "Nerfed" Mages it just ended up being a Buff in disguise eventually adding to their range.

Pretty sure that at the start of the game, that was how it was pre skill system update. I know for a fact that the Mage particles was already "maxed" before the skill system came in and nerfed it requiring Mages to input special skill points into it in order to revert themselves back into their pre-update status.

itblobboy wrote:
Well, yes, although they originally only went 25 feet out, so it's just a skill point drain due to a noob based nerf. Now it goes up to 27, but frankly I would agree the general use of this skill could go down 2 points. That way it's just a nerf to bother noobs, which doesn't seem necessary but it would stick to the high levels I guess...
Seta

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:05 am

Seta wrote:Still that whole hard start excuse is pretty weak in my opinion. Considering how fast you level up early on, i don't remember seeing anyone dying early on.

I dunno what to say about that, you should just try it yourself.

When you aren't running out of MP (which is what you're investing a bunch of your magic in anyway), projectiles aren't that much help. And the wands are basically like swords, but far crappier. So it's a balancing game of MP and magic. 'Aint no mage got time for defense then!

I remember starting out. I was technically a warrior (My rusty scimitars will never be forgotten) but put all my stats into defense or dexterity, so then when I FINALLY decided to go mage at like level 40 (I was still fighting orange crazies!) I had a weird situation. I was dishing out very low damage, but I was getting all the critical hits that made the boys in the yard get jelly. Since there was a default of 8 projectiles for 2 mp then, I got lots of 'em and was actually doing okay... Kinda. I was fighting monsters below my level's league, but doing it better. It felt complicated... :roll: Fortunately, I got resale around my plant monster time.

Sorry I'm getting off topic I should stop :oops:

As of the post with our quotes, I don't see how it's disguised as a nerf. You start out with like 3 foot range and can upgrade it to 27 feet, when it used to just be 25 feet. It is what it is... just makes it harder to start out as a mage and is a 2 foot range cap buff. Range is completely different from projectiles.

Ever notice how the projectiles don't all go 27 feet though? Since they shotgun all over, there's like an invisible arc for their range I think.
itblobboy

Postby SlapThatChicken » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:21 am

There has been times I started to wonder if projectiles were really 27 feet or they literally was something just randomized a few feet below or higher than what it says.

8 projectiles is still ridiculous, 8 * 70% (560% if all hits) damage when you don't include actually hitting with the wands and it already beyond say what a power attack for warriors do when power attack is maxed! Which takes around 200 skill points to make power attack go so high for just a single hit, mages are doing it with a everyday spacebar attack.
SlapThatChicken

Postby Seta » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:27 am

itblobboy wrote:Ever notice how the projectiles don't all go 27 feet though? Since they shotgun all over, there's like an invisible arc for their range I think.

Considering they are shotguns are you seriously bringing up they all don't reach the maximum range as a factor?

Every other base attack i can think of acts as a singular.

if every single attack from the single spacebar push went the full distance that would be even more ridiculous
Seta

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:36 am

Seta wrote:
itblobboy wrote:Ever notice how the projectiles don't all go 27 feet though? Since they shotgun all over, there's like an invisible arc for their range I think.

Considering they are shotguns are you seriously bringing up they all don't reach the maximum range as a factor?

Every other base attack i can think of acts as a singular.

if every single attack from the single spacebar push went the full distance that would be even more ridiculous

How exactly does the spread benefit us? It doesn't really increase the chance of hitting large enemies, and it definately doesn't help hit small ones.
itblobboy

Postby Seta » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:44 am

itblobboy wrote:How exactly does the spread benefit us? It doesn't really increase the chance of hitting large enemies, and it definately doesn't help hit small ones.

it's a shotgun, enemies are never getting hit just once they are getting hit a bunch.

Every little particle does not need to go the full distance
Seta

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:50 am

But I mean, how would it make it any different if it were to shotgun than say shoot them all in a straight line?

Besides, the chaingun has 900rpm. That's 15 hits a second. I think it has mages a little outdone there considering how bullets are way faster than arrows, which are way faster than mage particles...
itblobboy

Postby Seta » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:59 am

itblobboy wrote:But I mean, how would it make it any different if it were to shotgun than say shoot them all in a straight line?

Besides, the chaingun has 900rpm. That's 15 hits a second. I think it has mages a little outdone there considering how bullets are way faster than arrows, which are way faster than mage particles...

That's one weapon where Cowboys have an edge but if it's so good why don't you see more Cowboys running around, i am guessing because Mages still have so much more going on for them.

Not to mention that most single particles do more than a single hit from a chaingun, i am guessing that equal points in artillery don't go as far as equal points in magic.
Seta

Postby itblobboy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Seta wrote:Not to mention that most single particles do more than a single hit from a chaingun, i am guessing that equal points in artillery don't go as far as equal points in magic.

That's true, the chaingun deals 82-106 damage while darkane wands do 85-118. Magic armor also has a little more offense and a little less defense than cowboy gear.

Hopefully one of the things robby is fixing in the update is how rate of fire is more important than damage. Best cowboy weapon is 420k :|

Btw, I dunno what you're talking about, I see a ton of new cowboys whenever I go to the noob areas. Most of the high level cowboys had to stat reset though. Or just went hardcore, I dunno the life of a cowboy. :lol:
itblobboy

Postby Saruman107 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:56 pm

back on subject
2 lvls is easy, i am only a few lvls behind you nicky and i lvl 5-7x a day, just grind grind grind grind :lol: :lol:
Kudos to Miso for this sig and Overload for my original avatar! :mrgreen:
Give a damn about giving damns with the damn-giving spoiler below
Spoiler: show
Saruman107

Postby Seta » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:59 pm

itblobboy wrote: Magic armor also has a little more offense and a little less defense than cowboy gear.

Like i said before considering current monster AI and how easily humans can overpower defense stats tankyness doesn't count for much if anything at all in the first place.
SlapThatChicken wrote:There has been times I started to wonder if projectiles were really 27 feet or they literally was something just randomized a few feet below or higher than what it says.

8 projectiles is still ridiculous, 8 * 70% (560% if all hits) damage when you don't include actually hitting with the wands and it already beyond say what a power attack for warriors do when power attack is maxed! Which takes around 200 skill points to make power attack go so high for just a single hit, mages are doing it with a everyday spacebar attack.

That's kind of depressing.
Seta

Postby chang » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:51 pm

back on topic of wat this tread is about I would say find a monster that gives good XP and barley damges u and then put the quality on very low so ur faster and just
GRIND GRIND GRIND
SMOKE WEED BE HAPPY

chang

Return to General